Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

widespread posted:

At this point, just make Plat the new Gold.

And then sequester some of the hard stuck golds into something else. Maybe a different game.

but i like overwatch :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

That's my exact same reaction when I see my cat flop over, doesn't seem weird to me.

Also lifeweaver is pretty fun but holy crap I have no idea what to do against halfway competent dive. I'm also just not really a huge fan of his ult so far; the initial burst heal is nice, but the additional pulses are way too slow to be of much help. Its whole "I am an obstruction" gimmick has its uses, but overall it doesn't really feel like it's making as much of an impact when I use it in the way I thought it should be.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

but i like overwatch :(

... wait how are you hardstuck in gold- nevermind.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
im gold 1 from gold 4 now after placements where i went 4-0 and then hit 6 matches against diamond/plat teams and finally won one so im sure ill be hardstuck in plat soon :pray:

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

novaSphere posted:

That's my exact same reaction when I see my cat flop over, doesn't seem weird to me.

Also lifeweaver is pretty fun but holy crap I have no idea what to do against halfway competent dive. I'm also just not really a huge fan of his ult so far; the initial burst heal is nice, but the additional pulses are way too slow to be of much help. Its whole "I am an obstruction" gimmick has its uses, but overall it doesn't really feel like it's making as much of an impact when I use it in the way I thought it should be.

Just speculating on his ult as a like barely plat player but I bet higher ranks can use the cover it provides as quite a bit of value.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Pvt. Parts posted:

Just speculating on his ult as a like barely plat player but I bet higher ranks can use the cover it provides as quite a bit of value.

One thing I've done accidentally is completely block a doorway. Could make for some interesting clips.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Makeshift cover for dva/soldier/cassidy/ashe ults seems good

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it has some unique properties like it can block mei ult, but usually you have some cover you can already use unless you're up against dive

it does mean you can much more aggressively peek after taking chip damage

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Someone should do a class-action lawsuit on Blizzard.
A bunch of companies have already been sued for the "releasing an item as being 50% off to drive up the FOMO" thing, since it's against the EU law, but they keep loving doing.
If Bethesda can get sued for it, then so can Blizzard.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There's this challenge for playing some kind of gamemode that doesn't seem to exist. So strange.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

poo poo, i've been called out.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I went 5-8 on my support placements and somehow placed Diamond 2 when I was Diamond 4 last season?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the start of past seasons artificially decayed your rank under the misguided assumption it would encourage people to play more

they said they got rid of the seasonal decay now

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

the start of past seasons artificially decayed your rank under the misguided assumption it would encourage people to play more

they said they got rid of the seasonal decay now

yeah it's just I've only ever maxed out at Diamond 3 in OW2 and I figured 5-8 would set me back a bit. go figure!

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They definitely changed the way ranking works to be way more transparent. The occupational smurfer streamers that have done unranked to GMs this season so far have gotten to GM in like 15-20 games, rather than still being in diamond but playing against masters/GM players after 20 games. They might have also added some anti-smurfing tech, which i'm shocked they didn't do many years ago since occupational smurfing is a somewhat problematic thing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why does a supremely squishy support have an infinitely larger hitbox than a Junker Queen, a tank that's supposed to be taking damage?

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Following the "honeymoon period" of the first couple of days, my experience with Lifeweaver has been mixed, but I'd like to keep trying to figure him out. That's what Quickplay is for, after all. I'm experimenting with creative uses for his platforms, and I think it might be useful in providing cover from aerial attackers. If you drop a platform, step on it, and then step back off, it could potentially protect you from Pharah, or maybe Bastion's air strikes, for a few seconds. I just haven't had enough opportunities to see if this is really viable yet.

All theorycrafting aside, Lúcio's moonwalk from the battle pass is my new favorite emote.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Lifeweaver is fun but I'm looking forward to the control change. If they can swap dash to double-jump. platform to shift, and have LMB/RMB as heal/attack, then I'll be happy.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

any scenario where it makes sense to baptiste superjump (e.g. winston/doomfist/ball trying to jump on you) is probably a good candidate for wifeleaver boosting someone

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Baptiste and Lifeweaver do not seem to work well together. I keep chucking lamps in to save people at the same time as LW yanks them back to safety.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Lifeweaver, separate from his appearance, is such a badly designed character. I’ll try again after they change the controls but he is just straight up the worse support right now compared to the other supports. I guess you could do some cool stuff with his platform and tree but every other support is better and more straightforward.

I guess I could be missing some tech that makes him really good but I see people try him and immediately switch.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think Baptiste should be able to boost Life Grip with Amplification Matrix so that it yanks the target and they go flying past Lifeweaver's head.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think Baptiste should be able to boost Life Grip with Amplification Matrix so that it yanks the target and they go flying past Lifeweaver's head.

Winston does it with style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibjrygSgf70

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
whats with Lifeweaver 's dash, its like 5 inches and on a 5 year cooldown.

76 an old man coasting on the super solider drugs they pumped into him, has better running ability. fake edit: oh i had to read up to remember its a 25 self heal. His heals seem to suck.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't think they have people at Blizzard that know how to math.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jack Trades posted:

Uh, isn't that like SUPER illegal?

You have a bundle that is advertising "26% off", but not only is that deceptive, it's an ACTUAL lie since each of the components separately costs way less and are not being advertised at sale prices.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

Uh, isn't that like SUPER illegal?

You have a bundle that is advertising "26% off", but not only is that deceptive, it's an ACTUAL lie since each of the components separately costs way less and are not being advertised at sale prices.

Extremely illegal. Especially in places with functional customer protection laws such as EU or Australia.
Hence

Jack Trades posted:

Someone should do a class-action lawsuit on Blizzard.
A bunch of companies have already been sued for the "releasing an item as being 50% off to drive up the FOMO" thing, since it's against the EU law, but they keep loving doing.
If Bethesda can get sued for it, then so can Blizzard.

Bumfluff
Jun 19, 2008

Bumfluff!
It's me, Mabel!
I'm looking at you through the av!
Right here!
This is my voice!
I'm talking to you from inside!

Isn't the bundle selling for coins but each individual item for credits though?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bumfluff posted:

Isn't the bundle selling for coins but each individual item for credits though?

It's either or. You can buy separate items with coins also and the coin price is the same as credits.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LifeWeaver stinks. His heals are pathetic and he's a sitting duck. The self heal dash might as well not exist. Even Zen feels like he has better survivability. The only thing he's good for is yanking people up to high ground or to stop them from feeding.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Give the Life Grip to Moira and scrap the rest of the character.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Codependent Poster posted:

LifeWeaver stinks. His heals are pathetic and he's a sitting duck. The self heal dash might as well not exist. Even Zen feels like he has better survivability. The only thing he's good for is yanking people up to high ground or to stop them from feeding.

I've not played him much, but have had some success with saving his platform to be his escape ability. Most of the time I forget dash even exists.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

Aren’t the second ones legacy tokens

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

leftist heap posted:

Aren’t the second ones legacy tokens

Jack Trades posted:

It's either or. You can buy separate items with coins also and the coin price is the same as credits.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
But you can't buy the second coin

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
lol Overwatch collegiate is on Twitch and is getting 22,000 viewers with drops
https://twitch.tv/overwatchcontenders

Compare to 15kish for the legit exciting pro-am. It's almost like going to YouTube was a bad idea?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Pattonesque posted:

lol Overwatch collegiate is on Twitch and is getting 22,000 viewers with drops
https://twitch.tv/overwatchcontenders

Compare to 15kish for the legit exciting pro-am. It's almost like going to YouTube was a bad idea?

Nah, that's more because of the drops. You'd be surprised how much viewer number go up when a streamer has active drops available.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So for whatever reason I got put in Bronze Support, I haven't played a Bronze game in like years at this point. This is actually a ton of fun and I get why people smurf. I am basically owning entire teams as Brig and they seem unable to even just loving swing at/shoot me.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

So for whatever reason I got put in Bronze Support, I haven't played a Bronze game in like years at this point. This is actually a ton of fun and I get why people smurf. I am basically owning entire teams as Brig and they seem unable to even just loving swing at/shoot me.

the lower you go, the more people deal with a problem by simply pretending it doesn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Honestly I don't think Lifeweaver is that bad but I almost exclusively play with friends so we usually get a lot of utility out of Lifegrip. It making the target invulnerable rather than just an overshield or whatever is also really useful. I had a game where my team survived a D.va nuke because I lifegripped our way-overextended Rein back to us and he shielded it lol. You can get tons of healing out of the tree, too, and the fact that you can manually place it from pretty far distances makes it really handy.

That said he could at least use a usability buff - switching between weapons is really clunky. I also wouldn't mind if the dash got a buff too - Lifeweaver is so squishy and you even get a health kit for killing him, so giving him the Hanzo leap but also it gives you 25 HP is weak as hell compared to what literally every other support in the game can do.