Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm going to go into the book fair feedback thread and repeatedly post :gas: RSF if this situation isn't resolved post-haste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I will not protect you from what will happen if you do

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Sounds like it's time for a good ol fashion book burning iykwim :hitler:

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
make me an ik of the bad thread, i will rule it with an iron fist.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Fumble posted:

the bad thread

this is gbs you'll have to be more specific

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Fumble posted:

the bad thread

Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
What's the worst thread anyone has ever made do you think?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It's kinda hard to nail down because like the worst ideas sometimes turn into the best threads like the who has the yummiest mommy thread

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nooner posted:

Keyboard goop

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Nooner posted:

i think i found it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027830&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=19

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dammit beat me

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

I was 16 and asked why girls didn't like me. Turns out ya gotta be nice and ask em out. I also wrote "plutonic" rather than "platonic" in the title so there was some riffing about that besides the well deserved ribbing about being a dorky 16 year old whining about his thirst. I can't think of anything comparable. No, no one is forcing me to admit this.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Charles Bukowski posted:

I clicked on the book fair by accident again

How many books do you have to read to get a pizza party?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

I'm going to go into the book fair feedback thread and repeatedly post :gas: RSF if this situation isn't resolved post-haste

Careful op, there are some folks who believe these posts are in earnest

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Careful op, there are some folks who believe these posts are in earnest

Who
Give me their names and I shall harass them via PMs

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Sure thing you just gotta accept this secret discord invite

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Going back to GBS feedback for a second: Can the GBS mods clarify how much and how far the new "No sucking or being cringe" and "no self promotion" site rules be applied in GBS? I occasionally post from a position of expertise for bolting and heavy industry for powergen and oil and gas (which is my career) in the OHSA and Schadenfreude threads, and its not really clear from SAD how far you need to go before its bannable.

Similarly on the new "no sucking" rule, what specifically qualifies as sucking or cringe in GBS that would get a punishment? Again the SAD team seemed fairly unsure on this too so Im assuming its left to the subforum discretion.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 15, 2023

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Can we word ban cringe? I find it cringe as hell that a bunch of 40 year olds are calling everything cringe now. I'll be perfectly honest, the whole situation is cheugy af.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Drone_Fragger posted:

Going back to GBS feedback for a second: Can the GBS mods clarify how much and how far the new "No sucking or being cringe" and "no self promotion" site rules be applied in GBS? I occasionally post from a position of expertise for bolting and heavy industry for powergen and oil and gas (which is my career) in the OHSA and Schadenfreude threads, and its not really clear from SAD how far you need to go before its bannable.

Similarly on the new "no sucking" rule, what specifically qualifies as sucking or cringe in GBS that would get a punishment? Again the SAD team seemed fairly unsure on this too so Im assuming its left to the subforum discretion.

lol, that "rule" only applies to Brown Moses, the forums enemy du jour.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Slugworth posted:

Can we word ban cringe? I find it cringe as hell that a bunch of 40 year olds are calling everything cringe now. I'll be perfectly honest, the whole situation is cheugy af.

Hell, expand it:
Cringe
Based
AIDS
Fail

We could go on, senior citizens trying to act hip and with it is just sad.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

is me saying buy my artwork please self promotion (buy my artwork please)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Drone_Fragger posted:

I'll state that I've been only very loosely following the whole Brown Moses thing, partly because of self preservation but mostly because I don't really care about this particular drama

My feeling is if you're contributing something to the community, please promote yourself! Whether it's art or jewelry or knowledge, we can use more people sharing their expertise. I would say there's a line, and the line's at "when it gets too annoying" i.e. you're promoting your website like daily or finding ways to shoehorn your promotion in places it clearly doesn't belong. This is not an exhaustive list and I always fall back to Potter Stewart's maxim of "I'll know it when I see it".

Of course anything I say can be superceded by site policy but I'm unaware of a policy on SA that says "no self promotion anywhere".

As for cringe just don't be an idiot. The site is self moderating but if you're talking about beating off to, idk, industrial excavators in excruciating detail, that's cringe. For my mental health I rarely read SAD so unsure what that's in reference to.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I think we should ban anyone not forklift certified we don't need that kinda riffraff hanging around here

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
When I worked at Ocean Spray as a temp during cranberry season many years ago, me and all the other Temps got our forklift licenses by watching a videotape while the "instructor" filled out the papers. That was it and it was the disaster you'd expect.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

You could redraw your avatar in your style and put a link to the sidsons underneath? That's been done a lot and it's an ad for every single one of your posts. Seems smarter and less mod risky than just stumbling into a thread to hock your admittedly adorable and GOOD art dear Sidward. But also "gently caress da mods just post."

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Slugworth posted:

No cap

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Seth Pecksniff posted:

if you're talking about beating off to, idk, industrial excavators in excruciating detail, that's cringe.

i feel targeted

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I would like it to be easier to post pictures of our cats.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Charles Bukowski posted:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

Maybe we can do some kinda GBS Art Fair/Art Sale thing because I also have a lot of paintings that I want to sell + really need money right now. I've been able to sell some in SA Mart in the past but GBS would get way more traffic, or even maybe a GBS art fair thread where artists can post their artwork + link to a SA mart thread selling it or something

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

if anyone is looking to buy some art I really recommend deep dish peat moss they are incredible and I am not in dire need of money and so please buy some art from my friend

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss posted:

Maybe we can do some kinda GBS Art Fair/Art Sale thing because I also have a lot of paintings that I want to sell + really need money right now. I've been able to sell some in SA Mart in the past but GBS would get way more traffic, or even maybe a GBS art fair thread where artists can post their artwork + link to a SA mart thread selling it or something

I like the sound of this. It could also serve as a way of letting people know SA Mart exists and is a good resource. The number of times I've seen people in the PC Building thread in SH/SC unaware they could get a Windows license in SA Mart for like $20 makes me think a lot of goons aren't familiar with SA Mart.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It might make a cool RSF, anyone who makes art could post their own thread like a booth at an actual art fair

Coincidentally it turns out today is World Art Day 2023 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Art_Day

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

if anyone is looking to buy some art I really recommend deep dish peat moss they are incredible and I am not in dire need of money and so please buy some art from my friend

Actually you should buy art from my friend Sid because when I said I "really need" money it's because I want to buy a video game and can't afford it right now.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Got a link to your stuff?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

deep dish peat moss posted:

Actually you should buy art from my friend Sid because when I said I "really need" money it's because I want to buy a video game and can't afford it right now.

is it battle network? that’s what I’m saving for rn lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I like the sound of this. It could also serve as a way of letting people know SA Mart exists and is a good resource. The number of times I've seen people in the PC Building thread in SH/SC unaware they could get a Windows license in SA Mart for like $20 makes me think a lot of goons aren't familiar with SA Mart.

I'm all over it. My earrings are nice, I'm a materials snob and don't use plated anything.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979339

I had an avatar that advertised my thread and I lost it when I was slamming spr.

It took me 20 bucks to get it right back then so I haven't replaced it yet.

I would post in some GBS art thread if anyone had any questions. I'm in a couple giant craft fairs soon, one will get 100,000 people in a day
I've been doing it for years. The last one I was in I made $1700 in 6 hrs :dance:
Or about drawing with eyeshadow, alcohol markers

Spinz fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 15, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Got a link to your stuff?

I don't have an up to date SA Mart thread or anything and I work mostly with Ink Pencils which are extremely difficult to get good pictures of but here are some quick cellphone pics of what I still have after the last time I did a SA Mart thread:
https://imgur.com/a/hWoe7zg

Sid Vicious posted:

is it battle network? that’s what I’m saving for rn lol

It's Age of Wonders 4 which comes out next month, but I would totally buy the Battle Network collection if I had extra money :hellyeah:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

Yay! Whishishshsh! Who's a cute little Kitty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

Never been easier op