Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SoozUK/status/1647342260734795776

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Guavanaut posted:

Ice Cream Joe and Gerry Alan finally did it.

What? Wait where's it gone? Where am I?!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I assume it's gone Woke, wherever that is.

ahahahahahahahahahhaa

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

kecske posted:

the famous case is Barbaro. Won the kentucky derby, had an insanely valuable pedigree, the owners poured an incredible pile of money in for the kinds of surgeries and treatments that most people could only dream of, and he up and died anyway because of the multitude of complications brought on from the broken leg. Its effectively a death sentence for a horse
Ah, maybe the goon who has a fixation on horses being physically and mentally volatile is right then, fair enough.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They are badly designed OP.

Partially because centuries of rich cunts did it on purpose.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They are better on two wheels imo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
hmmm. we're veering into the folders you shouldnt be sharing now

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
AI Bojack looking lit

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

fuctifino posted:

They are better on two wheels imo

The state of that fence

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Guavanaut posted:

They are badly designed OP.

Partially because centuries of rich cunts did it on purpose.

Where are the rest of the fingers?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

big scary monsters posted:

AMPUTATED AT BIRTH

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

you can see the tail right there, come on now

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
There’s quite enough that’s definitely true to be furious about, making stuff up you suspect might be the case to be annoyed about helps no one. Be nice to yourselves, fellow goons

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Glinner posted a death threat 'as a joke', which even as a joke is still a criminal offence under the malicious communications act. It'll be interesting to see if he's allowed back

What do you think operates the head?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
On top of that, the event glinner was due to be a keynote speaker (lol) at along with a Patriotic Alternative fashboi who hates Black women as much as he hates trans women has been canceled (lmao).

They became vestigial a long time ago

So a horse's knee is like a wrist and it walks on middle fingers

Which is partially a factor of evolution (also the correct way to walk on Thatcher's grave) and not terrible for a properly proportioned horse, which may look more like

But yeah a 'thoroughbred' racehorse can't handle breaking one of its giant finger legs.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

kecske posted:

someone explained it to me with the following analogy (presumably because I am an idiot) - horse legs are like christmas tree lights, as soon as one goes the increased burden on the remaining ones causes more knock-on problems

e:

the famous case is Barbaro. Won the kentucky derby, had an insanely valuable pedigree, the owners poured an incredible pile of money in for the kinds of surgeries and treatments that most people could only dream of, and he up and died anyway because of the multitude of complications brought on from the broken leg. Its effectively a death sentence for a horse

Where this is going to get interesting in the years to come is how cloning effects the race horsing industry.
Already there have been stories about dead horses being cloned to continue the bloodline. It will be really interesting to see what the net results are.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2023...ly%20identical.

This was a story I heard of the radio about two months ago. The part that made no sense to me was, they cloned a horse that died of a kidney disease. So won't the cloned horse also die from this? (Assuming it doesn't die from some clone based health complication.)

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I find the Linehan stuff so grimly fascinating. I’ve never seen someone torpedo their life so badly, almost entirely from becoming chronically addicted to social media. It’s like an experiment to see whether it’s possible to post yourself to death - I think he might actually manage it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
so everytime I look at a horse its giving me the finger 4 times?

not bringing me round to its case to be honest

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Answers Me posted:

I find the Linehan stuff so grimly fascinating. I’ve never seen someone torpedo their life so badly, almost entirely from becoming chronically addicted to social media. It’s like an experiment to see whether it’s possible to post yourself to death - I think he might actually manage it.

He's having a good contest with Laurence Fox, that's for sure. Sam Bankman-Fried is definitely winning the "post yourself to death" race, but that's more to do with him being too stupid to avoid admitting to crimes than with ruining a perfectly normal life.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Guavanaut posted:

Which is partially a factor of evolution (also the correct way to walk on Thatcher's grave) and not terrible for a properly proportioned horse, which may look more like

Perhaps it's the photo but those look a bit dumpy legged? Przewalski's horse, wild asses and zebras, unfucked by human intervention, all seem to have a fairly similar frame.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, they're a bit too far the other way. Zebras etc. are the closest modern naturally selected horses for their environment, but earlier donkey-like merychippus frames were the proportion where the other fingers started receding.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Thank you for the horse facts, I've learned a lot today.

I broke my middle finger one time and I'm still alive, take that equinailures.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pablo Bluth posted:

Perhaps it's the photo but those look a bit dumpy legged? Przewalski's horse, wild asses and zebras, unfucked by human intervention, all seem to have a fairly similar frame.

I knew a guy known as shetland tony, because he was short and scottish, and conveniently named tony

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Skyrian horse is probably the closest to a modern example of what a Euro horse would look like without strange aristocratic breeding ideas, but still able to freely buck and pronk around on its single fingertips.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Answers Me posted:

same - all he needed to do was put down the keyboard and gently caress up

he's been wanting for that for well over a loving decade now

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Glinner is the man in that Great Reset conspiracy video. His wife left and he's out of his house and placed in a globalist prison camp surrounded by Woke Noodles and Trans Netflix and Gender Neutral Cola and he hates it.

And in both cases there was a "well stop being an arsehole then" door at all times just off camera.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It is bizarre to see Glinner go from one of the early 2000s must-follow accounts like Stephen Fry, to conspiracy crank. Weirder still was how it seemed to sort of happen without anyone really noticing, and now he's a spite fuelled shell of anything he used to be.

He was even mildly normal about the IT crowd episode when it was first pointed out. I can't find the tweet but it's like reading an alternative universe dispatch, someone tells him his language was a poor choice and his reply is an affable kind of "Ah I see, will bear it in mind." And then you go from that to him straight up making death threats, and I honestly wonder if he had some kind of a stroke or something?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sort of like marvelling that someone can go from the bottom of a hill to the top, they get there by taking one step at a time. Each one builds upon the last. He, like a lot of his ilk, have simply spent a huge amount of time socializing and speaking with people who are similarly deranged, coming up with ideas that make each other more deranged.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
BBC are making a bunch of their news presenters redundant.

Huw Edwards, Reeta Chakrabarti, Clive Myrie and Sophie Raworth. I think Nick Robinson is in there too. All asked to take voluntary redundancy.

Bold move to get rid of Huw when hes going to be fronting the coronation coverage.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 16, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Due to his posting addiction Graham has now transitioned into a Mum

https://twitter.com/icanseeforever1/status/1647383107090239488?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

This is my favourite horse thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF_DpDhv7xs

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

serious gaylord posted:

BBC are making a bunch of their news presenters redundant.

Huw Edwards, Reeta Chakrabarti, Clive Myrie and Sophie Raworth. I think Nick Robinson is in there too. All asked to take voluntary redundancy.

Bold move to get rid of Huw when hes going to be fronting the coronation coverage.

I think they've been wanting to get rid of Huw Edwards for ages because he's expensive and a bit of a prima donna, the last time they tried it they hosed it and made him a cause celebre for Welsh nationalism which was pretty funny.

Surprised they are ditch Nick Robinson, I guess he just isn't right wing enough anymore.

Assume they'll be hiring a bunch of pricks from GB News or just getting Laura Kuenssburg to present everything.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Over the last few months we've been dealing with some dramas with a relative and it involves a fairly dramatic shift in personality and some extremely odd behaviour. The same family member was treated for a benign brain tumour with subsequent radiotherapy about 6 years ago. We aren't certain it's related but it seems the likely candidate. Neurology is weird though and I honestly wonder whether something has snapped in Glinners brain to explain his descent into what he has become.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tompkins is on form today

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

To drag this back up - the RCN spent the whole time after the pay offer until now basically instructing members to vote for this offer - there is no guarantee there will be any more pay discussions and 'if we thought we could get more we would have fought for it'
Personally after a week of covering the junior doctors strike in trust that has just expected everything to continue as normal I'm very glad I voted against a COVID bonus and 5%.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tomberforce posted:

Over the last few months we've been dealing with some dramas with a relative and it involves a fairly dramatic shift in personality and some extremely odd behaviour. The same family member was treated for a benign brain tumour with subsequent radiotherapy about 6 years ago. We aren't certain it's related but it seems the likely candidate. Neurology is weird though and I honestly wonder whether something has snapped in Glinners brain to explain his descent into what he has become.

His path is not particularly unusual for terfs though, is the thing. So either brain tumours disproprotionately make you into a specific kind of dickhead or the process is not physiological.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
IIRC, didn't he have a big weird crisis of masculinity after being bedridden due to having one of his testicles removed?

On another note:

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1647454011623129088?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

To drag this back up - the RCN spent the whole time after the pay offer until now basically instructing members to vote for this offer - there is no guarantee there will be any more pay discussions and 'if we thought we could get more we would have fought for it'
Personally after a week of covering the junior doctors strike in trust that has just expected everything to continue as normal I'm very glad I voted against a COVID bonus and 5%.

It was incredibly insulting for them to have tried to push this so hard and I know for a lot of friends that it’s damaged their opinion of the RCN & the leadership.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
forensic lol
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1647503175052656640?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Everyone's talking about it therefore it's a success!