Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He could have made it xbl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Did they remove Quantum Break from everyone's library until they fix the rights? I purchased it before they removed but now it's gone from my library.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

I guess it turns out Mastodon wasn't the answer, huh

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

nom epique posted:

Over the course of the last year this system has gone from “hot and hard to find” to “unsupported gameless junk that nobody wants” so that I can’t even unload mine (series x mind you) for a song

What’s the tune of the song. I might be interested.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox should make a console that gets more powerful the more of them you own

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Illusive Man posted:

I guess it turns out Mastodon wasn't the answer, huh

Mastodon is way too inaccessible to ever take off. Everyone I know that has tried it out, didn't have the patience to stick with the platform. Discord does everything Mastodon does but 1000% better.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

I said come in! posted:

Mastodon is way too inaccessible to ever take off. Everyone I know that has tried it out, didn't have the patience to stick with the platform. Discord does everything Mastodon does but 1000% better.

Discord isn't a Twitter replacement.

Mastodon was never going to make it and Twitter doesn't have any real competitors. Until an entirely new website/app/product comes out, it's what everyone's got.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Xbox should make a console that gets more powerful the more of them you own

Imagine plugging several Series consoles and suddenly a wild arcade 360 appears... :getin:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Guillermus posted:

Did they remove Quantum Break from everyone's library until they fix the rights? I purchased it before they removed but now it's gone from my library.

You should definitely still have it in your library if you bought it. Might have to contact them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Discord isn't a Twitter replacement.

Mastodon was never going to make it and Twitter doesn't have any real competitors. Until an entirely new website/app/product comes out, it's what everyone's got.

It feels like pretty soon we won't even have Twitter anymore. But I think overall that is a good thing. All Twitter has done is allowed hate groups, and misinformation, to have an extremely loud voice and to manipulate pubic opinion into a direction that is extremely bad and scary.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Yeah things won't get any better when hate and misinformation goes underground into Telegram channels though. Just hiding it doesn't change anything, root causes need addressing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yeah things won't get any better when hate and misinformation goes underground into Telegram channels though. Just hiding it doesn't change anything, root causes need addressing.

I wish I could just push a button that makes all conservatives explode looney toons style.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

Imagine plugging several Series consoles and suddenly a wild arcade 360 appears... :getin:

At least bring back lan parties

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I said come in! posted:

It feels like pretty soon we won't even have Twitter anymore. But I think overall that is a good thing. All Twitter has done is allowed hate groups, and misinformation, to have an extremely loud voice and to manipulate pubic opinion into a direction that is extremely bad and scary.

Yes, but mouse Ashley.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lammasu posted:

Yes, but mouse Ashley.

I never knew about this until now, but now I am a fan.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I said come in! posted:

I’d say Twitter had legitimate use when Syria had their revolution a few years back (previous owners, to be fair). A coworker of mine was using it to keep getting updates on whether or not her husband was alive while he was trying to get out of the country. Other disaster situations apply similarly but it gets less visibility than jerk-rear end ceos amplifying hate speech.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

Guillermus posted:

Does Mercenaries: Playgrounds of Destruction (OG Xbox game) come with enhancements for both Series X and S? it says it has for One X.

X enhancements carried over to the Series X, but not the Series S.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

X enhancements carried over to the Series X, but not the Series S.

Cool ty

TheScott2K posted:

You should definitely still have it in your library if you bought it. Might have to contact them.

Yeah it's weird because when I bought it, took a few hours to show up in my library, and now it's gone.

Edit: turns out that for some reason I got the PC version by error, showed on my Xbox and looks like they corrected that. Requested a refund, support was helpful and quick.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 15, 2023

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I have never used the photo mode in a game as much as I have with Ghostwire.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Come hang out on Cohost, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I noticed Microsoft is still releasing updates for Solitaire.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lammasu posted:

I have never used the photo mode in a game as much as I have with Ghostwire.

Yeah, the setting is so neat. I spent so long exploring this subway area.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

It is monetized so they need to keep people buying card designs etc

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

nom epique posted:

Over the course of the last year this system has gone from “hot and hard to find” to “unsupported gameless junk that nobody wants” so that I can’t even unload mine (series x mind you) for a song

I was surprised how difficult it was to sell my discounted series x. I might but another when I have more time though mainly as it was a good media center.

Hold on did I just say it was a media center and not a console.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ghostwire feels like an outline of a great game that was hastily patched together with open-world busywork after nakamura's sabbatical

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only solitaire card designs you need are haunted castle or robot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its the classic sony launch window 3rd party exclusive that slips to a few years later because sony already gave the studio the money upfront and they arent getting more and the games scope suffers for it.

Its the next gen order 1886 essentially

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

ghostwire feels like an outline of a great game that was hastily patched together with open-world busywork after nakamura's sabbatical

Yeah, I mean it's just ok. It has a really good vibe though so I'm sticking with it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Celexi posted:

Don Mattrick's plan worked after all!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Oxxidation posted:

I don't see how people feel like that. These Yochai side quests are super loving cool.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ghostwire has a great setting and… well, unfortunately everything else feels very stretched out to meet some weird “must have this much content” targets.

The first few hours are cool and then you’ve seen most of what it has to offer as it settles into a Ubisoft-style open world formula; icons are dumped on your map every minute and you’re given various “Do thing X times” tasks.

The story is terrible and never goes anywhere at all. Still, if you really want to experience it, my advice is to ignore all the side-content. Almost none of it is worth it, do not bother. 90% are combat arenas or some variation on a linear dungeon. Very few missions attempt interesting things - and all the yokai activities become “chase down a target”, with kappas being the exception because you also have to wait forever in a bad stealth section.

Combat gets repetitive quickly due to most enemies behaving the same. The game recognizes that the fire ability is OP by severely limiting your ammo but you can eventually get a 60% damage boost item that makes your AOE fireballs demolish everything all the time, trivializing everything except boss fights.

Movement is fast and fun once you get the upgraded grapple and gliding abilities. The game doesn’t even try to have any fun with that, however. No, more combat arenas!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lammasu posted:

I don't see how people feel like that. These Yochai side quests are super loving cool.

Which ones? The Kappa ones are basically anti-fun, and most of the rest are just sorta dull.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

hatty posted:

The only solitaire card designs you need are haunted castle or robot

That's not how you spell tropical island.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

I said come in! posted:

wheres space cadet pinball

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

there's a port of space cadet pinball for LG TVs you play with the remote, but there's no music

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BoosterDuck posted:

Microsofts true war crime is removing this game.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

BoosterDuck posted:

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Celexi posted:

I was surprised how difficult it was to sell my discounted series x. I might but another when I have more time though mainly as it was a good media center.

Yeah it’s junk

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Easily the worst money I’ve ever spend on a product

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

nom epique posted:

Yeah it’s junk

I honestly don't think this guy even has a series X. I offered to buy it off him but he gave some lame excuse about revealing his address. Either that or he's a 600-pound guy that can't make it to a UPS drop off station.