Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Unrelated, I watched V for Vendetta recently and when they started talking about numbers of dead I couldn't help but think "oh these are amateur numbers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Decrepus posted:

He knows if he mentions Deus Ex he activates his fan base to reinstall deus ex

It's not just his fan base... :negative:

It's a good game.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

Unrelated, I watched V for Vendetta recently and when they started talking about numbers of dead I couldn't help but think "oh these are amateur numbers"

how did you like whats her names hair cut? I think she looked good with a buzz cut

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how did you like whats her names hair cut? I think she looked good with a buzz cut

Hugo weaving? Yeah his bob was super hot.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

Hugo weaving? Yeah his bob was super hot.

eww, you like that.
OK Moe

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Elon liking Deus Ex is a bit like Paul Ryan being a fan of RATM

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Revins posted:

no trump downplayed covid and pandered to anti-vaxxers because it made the people at his rallies hoot and holler and that mattered more to him than the lives of the people in his country

Which is funny because now he gets loudly booed at his own rallies for proudly touting his role in speeding up the vaccine's development. He's being eaten by the very monster he created.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

old memes, running the world. a new age.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Deus ex muskina

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Steadiman posted:

Deus ex muskina

more like Deus X the everything Machina

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Steadiman posted:

Deus ex muskina

Latin for God in the muskrat, or beaver. Makes sense

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Dewgy posted:

tell them you were banned for your conservative viewpoints, see if it still works

This did not work for me despite my last ban being due to khive mass reporting

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

...! posted:

Which is funny because now he gets loudly booed at his own rallies for proudly touting his role in speeding up the vaccine's development. He's being eaten by the very monster he created.

populist appeal to base instincts -> ride wave of social revanchism -> get eaten by your own monster has been the GOP modus operandi for the last ~40 years

it just gets stupider and more blatant and more regressive each cycle

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Oh, and musk, one more thing. Stay out of the woman's bathroom.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Considering the only people who pay for Twitter Blue are Musk dickriders, I think Musk is going to continue to make ego-induced blunders. Truly a lifetime bitch.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
man, I wish I was rich and stupid enough to just say, "I created a new AI"
without ever knowing what either of those words mean

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

meat police posted:

He really wants to be JC but he sure is a Joe Greene motherfucker

before some nerd says he's actual Bob Page, no because Page successful coups the Illuminati and makes MJ12 and has a decent run for like a few decades. also the wiki atleast has the lore of Page being an actual selfmade giga dollar haver.

Musk would be some dead ceo fuckboy replaced by a competent MJ12 agent.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
lol he was asking for investors to this vaporware.

I wonder if he remembers to actually hire anyone or if the company ends up just being a cheap warehouse for GPUs.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

lol he was asking for investors to this vaporware.

I wonder if he remembers to actually hire anyone or if the company ends up just being a cheap warehouse for GPUs.

how is it that the dumbest mother fucker on the planet is also the richest? I think my parents might have lied to me when they said hard work pays off

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It was pretty cool, I dig buzzcuts/short hairstyles in general for pragmatics,it felt narratively appropriate and they pulled it off well

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

I’d almost forgotten about that, I guess block lists are still using too much compute

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1624678792550846464

https://mobile.twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1633947998047682563

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I wonder if you can invest in the company that owns the .ai tld

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/Techmeme/status/1645461832889688065

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Bad Purchase posted:

old memes, running the world. a new age.

Get the hell out of here, Elon!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:hmmyes:

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
My hairline is augmented.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I was wondering when I started following people that posted explicit pictures

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
whats birdcircle? i get what it is from context clues but why.

like lol at secure and private comms on a social media platform?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

a tech company using data for more than you meant them for? I don't believe it. For shame!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I got banned for 12 hours for suggesting Katy perry whip out the guillotine for her performance at king Charles coronation. It was Instant too so there must be a filter for guillotine now

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sankis posted:

I got banned for 12 hours for suggesting Katy perry whip out the guillotine for her performance at king Charles coronation. It was Instant too so there must be a filter for guillotine now

you got probated man, calm down

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Stare-Out posted:

The twitter app has had a notification about my “twitter anniversary” for a week now and I can’t clear it no matter what I do. Nice job, Elon Mush!

Have you checked to make sure that you aren't living the same day over and over again since then?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how is it that the dumbest mother fucker on the planet is also the richest? I think my parents might have lied to me when they said hard work pays off

Sorry bro but what your parents taught you is slave morality. True Masters knows that smoking weed and posting memes all day is the path to great wealth and fortune.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sankis posted:

Shouldn't the performers at the coronation be British?

Edit: Or at least from Commonwealth countries.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LMAO, he hates the automated “block the blue” lists more than anything

And his attempt to stop people from doing it is going to result in even more people making larger and larger block lists

Well played, sir 🫡

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Turns out he just bought the code for Microsoft's Tay. He'll have an AI, take all the credit, and (most importantly for him) it's already a NAZI.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Of course the manbaby called it X.

There's a joke here in Australia, that Queenslanders call their state beer "XXXX" because they can't spell beer. It's not entirely fair to them, but I feel something similar applies to Musk. He's such a career parasite, so completely bereft of any spark of originality, that he literally cannot think of anything else.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MrMojok posted:

LMAO, he hates the automated “block the blue” lists more than anything

And his attempt to stop people from doing it is going to result in even more people making larger and larger block lists

Well played, sir 🫡

He's going to make blocking a blue exclusive feature, or do some kind of limit you pay to do more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He's going to make blocking a blue exclusive feature, or do some kind of limit you pay to do more

LOL, I sure hope he does that.

1) reopen twitter to all kinds of wingnuts, conspiracy theorists, racists, and hate speech

2) not-so-subtly make the tweets from 1)above appear in everybody’s feed

3) whine about “woke advertisers” leaving

4) make it impossible to block Blue accounts unless you, too, pay for the privilege

5) profit! But not really.