Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Never been easier op

Weird looking cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Smugworth posted:

Never been easier op

that's a dog.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

good freaking eye

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Hey look not all of us went to animal identification school :rolleyes:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sorry I uploaded the wrong photo here is my cat

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
BRB, jumping over to SAD/PYF/UK Thread to ask What’s the deal with GBS and misidentification of animals?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Next thing you know gbs will mistake shrimp for pastries

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

BRB, jumping over to SAD/PYF/UK Thread to ask What’s the deal with GBS and misidentification of animals?

in b4 it turns into someone talking about how Pol Pot was a hero

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Look, no one is saying Pol Pot was a hero, but…

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
All right :sweep:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Every time I get up she steals my chair, I swear bro

Get outta my dang seat kitty!!!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

deep dish peat moss posted:

I don't have an up to date SA Mart thread or anything and I work mostly with Ink Pencils which are extremely difficult to get good pictures of but here are some quick cellphone pics of what I still have after the last time I did a SA Mart thread:
https://imgur.com/a/hWoe7zg

It's Age of Wonders 4 which comes out next month, but I would totally buy the Battle Network collection if I had extra money :hellyeah:

Very cool! Right under your stuff was a suggested link to this content. Any relation?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
feedback: raise your fuckin standards. it is telling that there are several GBS regulars who, if/when they venture to other subforums, are probed on sight because their reputation precedes them, or simply end up eating a probe anyway because of how poo poo their posting is. i'm sure every subforum has its freaks but it is mostly GBS with regulars this terrible, i am sorry to say.

furthermore take a tougher stance and use your buttons more. multiple times in this thread seth has done the whole "ok shut up and keep it on topic" but does not throw the sixers to back it up. as such the same people do it again because they think you're toothless. so if a regular shits up the thread they get told to knock it off repeatedly but everyone's favourite butthead gets hit immediately for a light "gas GBS" troll. sixers are of course not worth getting mad about, they're a slap on the wrist. so slap some wrists.

and lastly - please shut down the crew accusations as and when they pop up. there is no crew and the sooner that people realise this the sooner they can focus on the real enemy - themselves.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

drat sounds like some drama is going down. pretty funny to bust in here acting as if gbs is some crew that controls what its regulars do elsewhere while also telling gbs to stop making up crews though.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

drat sounds like some drama is going down. pretty funny to bust in here acting as if gbs is some crew that controls what its regulars do elsewhere while also telling gbs to stop making up crews though.

the timing is unfortunate but these were idle thoughts i've been musing on for a bit

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

free butthead and stop poo poo posting :qq:

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Was freeasinbeer an actual GBS poster? I can't remember seeing their name in any of the threads in here I read.

Edit: NM, I found some in the WW3 thread.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I think you'll find PYF to be much more to your liking forum-wise, aids guy

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

tbf i can't remember more than like 7 - 10 posters names at one time so i'm probably not the best to judge who's a regular of wherever

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I can't even remember my own username most of the time tbh. I'm glad I have my login saved.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Smugworth posted:

Sorry I uploaded the wrong photo here is my cat

that's a dog.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A poster's name is their avatar. Avatar change is like a cycle of reincarnation.

And trying to figure out if two avatars are just the same poster after an av change is like Buddhist monks wandering the countryside with the personal effects of some dead Lama, trying to divine who inherited his soul.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

A poster's name is their avatar. Avatar change is like a cycle of reincarnation.

And trying to figure out if two avatars are just the same poster after an av change is like Buddhist monks wandering the countryside with the personal effects of some dead Lama, trying to divine who inherited his soul.

I crosscheck every unknown poster against a rolodex containing all the user IDs of my posting enemies

It's a lot of work to keep up with, to be honest

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Nm, I don’t have the energy or patience for this today

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 16, 2023

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Serious feedback:

If you're not following the chickam thread you should be!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029197&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Someone brought it up before but the whole “one guy posting in the Ukraine thread but nowhere else in GBS somehow equates to all of GBS” schtick is getting real old.

Exactly, that's why I was wondering. If they're gonna start judging entire sub-forums based on 1 poster then lol lmao. Every forum here has a psycho lurking somewhere

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Real, earnest feedback:

Can we come up with a set of guidelines for what constitutes poo poo posting in GBS? Maybe form a committee for approving posts? It's so much work having to skim over all the poo poo posts that we all, everyone in GBS, dislike. I would like a curated set of high quality posts I can read at my leisure without having to wade through all the chaff, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

feedback: raise your fuckin standards. it is telling that there are several GBS regulars who, if/when they venture to other subforums, are probed on sight because their reputation precedes them, or simply end up eating a probe anyway because of how poo poo their posting is. i'm sure every subforum has its freaks but it is mostly GBS with regulars this terrible, i am sorry to say.

furthermore take a tougher stance and use your buttons more. multiple times in this thread seth has done the whole "ok shut up and keep it on topic" but does not throw the sixers to back it up. as such the same people do it again because they think you're toothless. so if a regular shits up the thread they get told to knock it off repeatedly but everyone's favourite butthead gets hit immediately for a light "gas GBS" troll. sixers are of course not worth getting mad about, they're a slap on the wrist. so slap some wrists.

and lastly - please shut down the crew accusations as and when they pop up. there is no crew and the sooner that people realise this the sooner they can focus on the real enemy - themselves.

So a few things here:

I posted through the era where the only standards that mattered were mod- created standards. This led to bans for mod sass, probations/bans for incorrect grammar/one word posts, probations/bans for image macros, probations/bans for image leeching, etc. That's when this site started to become unfun. I have no desire to return to the era where we all had to cosplay as 19th century Victorian upper class in London because mods wanted to enforce their (and only their) standards, damned be what the community thinks or wants.

I do not control where other posters post. I can advise them not to post in certain places because of reputations, but that's all I can do. If I believed there was a concerted effort to invade/mess with other forums, I would deal with that absolutely. But (almost) every forum is open for anyone to post in, and, much like having a passport and traveling to another country, you are subject to the rules of said forum when you post there. I'm rarely if ever going to do extrajudicial punishment unless I hear something from someone in another forum about a regular here.

I'll use my buttons when appropriate. I'm not going to sixer people for derails. That's dumb. This forum operates differently than IZ which operates differently than CSPAM which operates differently forum BSS. I'm not enforcing another forum's ecosystem here. A warning/ask does just fine for the most part.

Finally, I'm not blanket shutting down any "crew" accusations. People are free to post/what they believe in, even if I don't believe it. If they violate some rules, then I'll take action. Otherwise I'm not moderating positions.

I do appreciate the feedback though

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Smugworth posted:

Real, earnest feedback:

Can we come up with a set of guidelines for what constitutes poo poo posting in GBS? Maybe form a committee for approving posts? It's so much work having to skim over all the poo poo posts that we all, everyone in GBS, dislike. I would like a curated set of high quality posts I can read at my leisure without having to wade through all the chaff, I don't think that's too much to ask.

i've found this list of awful terrible horrible very bad posts we could use as a starting point click here

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i respectfully disagree and think you should crack down on crew accusations because it leads to stupid poo poo like this

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

It seems every as time as well any mod uses their buttons a bunch of people run to SAD to cry to the admins about how GBS is run by the tyrant mods and attempt to argue the toss.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I want to be in 16-but buttheads crew

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

i've found this list of awful terrible horrible very bad posts we could use as a starting point click here

Curse you! Don't make me kick you out of the "cool posters" crew!!

e: sup fellow cool poster Nooner :c00lbutt::respek::c00lbutt:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
How do I join a crew?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nooner posted:

I want to be in 16-but buttheads crew

what games do you like?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i respectfully disagree and think you should crack down on crew accusations because it leads to stupid poo poo like this

Sounds like something someone in a crew would say

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what games do you like?

I've been playing a lot of HBS battletech lately

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'll join any crew that wears leather jackets and whips chains around in a menacing fashion like a bunch of 80s nyc bad guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

i'll join any crew that wears leather jackets and whips chains around in a menacing fashion like a bunch of 80s nyc bad guys

Can we have patches on our jackets? I like patches.