Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
the missouri highway patrol put out an amber alert last night with a link to their twitter account

does musk charge to use the API for amber alerts now lol the NWS has to pay so I assume yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol ranch style pussy

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I assume this no wifi family does not ever go near civilization yes? Powerful Saul's brother energy, the gently caress is wrong withbpeople believing the dumbest poo poo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
havana syndrome is real

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im "havana" good time, posting in the elon musk thread on CSPAM!!!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There's conflicting information going around that NOAA/NWS may or may not have been granted an exception for API usage. If only Twitter had a comms department

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the national weather service must pay its dues to elon musk...

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elon's gonna invent a weather control device to upend weather forecasting

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

I assume this no wifi family does not ever go near civilization yes? Powerful Saul's brother energy, the gently caress is wrong withbpeople believing the dumbest poo poo.

A family friend once asked me about setting up a Faraday cage in their apartment to protect their kids from 5G. You'll be shocked at their stance on vaccines, and how many times those kids have had covid so far!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's true

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

eXXon posted:

A family friend once asked me about setting up a Faraday cage in their apartment to protect their kids from 5G. You'll be shocked at their stance on vaccines, and how many times those kids have had covid so far!

Did you explain the literal second they leave the house 5g is destroying their DNA no matter what?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

LegoMan posted:

Did you explain the literal second they leave the house 5g is destroying their DNA no matter what?

Yeah but DNA destruction is endemic and you gotta live your life

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I used to work in a small phone shop in a busy mall. One day the mall was packed with people, but for a moment our shop happened to be empty. A woman stood in the doorway of our shop and yelled: 'I dont want to come in because of all the radiation of all your phones, that gives me a headache! But do you sell phones with low transmission power so they aren't dangerous?' Before I could answer she yelled 'ah never mind, I'm leaving, I'm already getting a headache just standing here!' and she left.

Of course, all the phones in our shop were turned off or fake, while no doubt every single person in that very full mall had a working one in their pocket.

Wonder what happened to her

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Martian posted:

I used to work in a small phone shop in a busy mall. One day the mall was packed with people, but for a moment our shop happened to be empty. A woman stood in the doorway of our shop and yelled: 'I dont want to come in because of all the radiation of all your phones, that gives me a headache! But do you sell phones with low transmission power so they aren't dangerous?' Before I could answer she yelled 'ah never mind, I'm leaving, I'm already getting a headache just standing here!' and she left.

Of course, all the phones in our shop were turned off or fake, while no doubt every single person in that very full mall had a working one in their pocket.

Wonder what happened to her

she runs a very successful covid skepticism social media page

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
heyyyyyy sexy lady. op op op op oppo elon style

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
saul goodman was real

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

saul goodman was real

S'all Good, Man!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

So they plug an ethernet cable from the router (with its wifi disabled) to this

which in turn is plugged into this

and a bunch of usb-c/lightning cables draped over an unused barstool (covered with a heavy quilt) for people to connect their phones to.

when i was at their place i surreptitiously turned on the wifi on my phone and found out that their neighbours all have wifi on and their house gets perfect full bars there. this was when i was being explained about the headaches. they also do not use microwave ovens, which give them headaches as well.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

:argh:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
tfw ur 100% safely protected from the Bad Tweets

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/An6LZES.gifv

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
imo those people afraid of wifi are just like chuck from better call saul, he claimed a similar condition

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon musk can cure that condition

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
er gently caress

https://i.imgur.com/bW7jhfX.gifv

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Looking into it

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

If you let the sound play on all the chuck mp4s it syncs and then desyncs and you get weird flanging effects and delays

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

It's a shame you can't make this a thread title

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Too many and it turns into a sort of cacophony but still sounds cool because you'll end up with little moments where some will sync and then u get plythyrhyms from the others

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

titty_baby_ posted:

If you let the sound play on all the chuck mp4s it syncs and then desyncs and you get weird flanging effects and delays

steve reich would be proud

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
steve reich, like elon musk, ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
heard elon likes reichs