Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Unperson_47 posted:

I don't remember seeing this posted in the thread yet

https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/1569417145678708739

hahahaha incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1647438579327717376?t=g_PRuf6LhlWKvvkTNHgCxA&s=19

Jon Jones just hosed Dana to leverage his contract.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

lmao clay guida. garcia seemed really emotional about being able to meet him

there was a free cain velasquez tshirt in the crowd

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Jon Jones has been underpaid his entire UFC run, including right now, Dana doesn't care.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Getting an early start of the 3 event roll out so that this can be fully wrong due to pull outs and weight misses

Anyway, :siren: b league preview time :siren:

Bellator 294 - Friday, April 21

Main Card - 10 PM ET, Showtime

Flyweight Title - Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouch vs DeAnna “Vitamin D” Bennett

Carmouche is 18-7 with 8 TKO and 4 submission wins. She’s a perfect 5-0 in Bellator with only one of those bouts going the distance. After winning the 125 lb title under allegedly dubious stoppage circumstances, Carmouche silenced the doubters with an emphatic second round submission win.

Bennett is 13-7 with 2 sub and 2 TKO wins. She’s 3-1 in Bellator, losing her promotional debut to Carmouche, but rattling off 3 wins in a row since then, all by decision.

Bennett has done ok since the Liz Loss, but Carmouche has looked very impressive. I’m thinking either a club n sub or a standing TKO win for Girl-Rilla.

Heavyweight - Tim Johnson vs Said Sowma

Johnson’s overall record is 15-9, and he’s got 8 TKO and 3 wins by submission. He’s currently 3-5 in Bellator, losing his last three in a row, the last two by first round TKO. I guess UFC was smart to cut bait on Large Timothy, as he looks exceedingly washed at this point.

Sowma has amassed a 8-4 record, boasting 5 TKO and a lone submission victory. He is 2-3 in Bellator, beating up former middleweight Ronny Markes, and winning by broken finger injury TKO.

To give the slightest credit to Sowma, two of his losses were by split decision, so it’s not unfathomable that he could be 4-1, depending on the insane whims of capricious judges. Anyway, this fight should be a real slopfest that either ends inside 90 seconds or it will go the full 15 and feel like 3 hours.

Featherweight - Arlene “Angerfist” Blencowe vs Sara McMann

Blencowe brings a 15-9 record with 1 sub and 8 TKO wins. She has gone 8-5 in Bellator, most recently losing to Cris Cyborg last April.

McMann is 13-6 with 2 TKO and 4 sub wins. She finished her UFC run at 7-6, ending with a win over Karol Rosa in March 2022. Though, more accurately, her UFC run ended with her on the couch, hoping Aspen Ladd would be able to make weight safely for them to fight.

We’ve got a puncher versus wrestler matchup, and it’s usually smart money to take the grappler.

Bantamweight - Danny “The Italian Gangster” Sabatello vs Marcos Breno

Sabatello is 13-2 with 3 TKO and 4 submission wins. He’s 3-1 in Bellator, most recently losing to Raufeon Stots in the Semi-Finals of the Bantamweight Grand Prix.

Breno is 15-2 with 8 TKO and 5 submission wins. He’s 1-0 in Bellator, and is on a 3 fight win streak overall. Breno’s the kind of coddled can crusher who was still fighting 1-2 guys when he was 11-1.

Sabatello is probably going to win because There Are Levels To This poo poo. However, it will likely not be fun or entertaining in the slightest. Instead of watching this fight, go, run free. Escape this prison of drudgery and poo poo-talking Italian-Americans who are desperately trying to be The Next Conor but they lack the flash and excitement in the cage to be anything more than a wet fart from a warm butt.

Welterweight - Levan Chokheli vs Michael “The Don” Lombardo

Chokheli is 11-2 with 9 TKO wins. He’s 2-2 in Bellator, winning both bouts by decision. Before Bellator, it took him 7 fights to face someone with a single MMA win, and 9 to face someone with a winning record.

Lombardo’s record is 13-3 with 5 TKO and 3 sub wins. He’s 2-1 in Bellator overall, but his first bout was in 2017 and after that he scuttled off to the regional scene, so in this new run, he’s 1-1, winning his last bout by first round TKO.

Both guys were decisioned by Kyle Crutchmer in his role as the Bellator Welcoming Committee. Lombardo beat a few slightly decent guys on the regionals, but I think Chokheli’s Bellator wins are better. Tough one to call.

Prelim Card - 8 PM ET, Youtube

Lightweight - Killys Mota vs Kenneth “The Boss” Cross

Mota brings a 14-3 mark to this bout, with 6 TKO and 4 sub wins. He is 3-2 in Bellator, winning his last two bouts by decision.

Cross is 13-3 with 5 TKO and 6 sub wins. He’s currently riding a 7 fight win streak, but one guy was 2-5 and one was 1-4.

Mota has faced tougher competition, so I gotta give him a slight edge.

Heavyweight - Tyrell Fortune vs Sergey Bilostenniy

Fortune is 12-3 with one sub and 8 TKO wins, and every single bout has taken place in Bellator. He lost his most recent fight by second round TKO in November, and hasn’t strung together multiple wins since 2021.

Bilostenniy is 10-2 with 7 wins by TKO. He’s on a five fight win streak, but he’s making his first venture outside of Russia.

Fortune is a solid wrestler, but he’s fell in love with standing and also banging a bit because as must always be stated: fighters are real dumb and will gleefully run from their strengths to instead implement a real Moron’s Gameplan.

Featherweight - Cris “Sunshine” Lencioni vs Blake Smith

Lencioni is 10-3 with 5 wins by sub. He went 4-2 in Bellator from 2017 to 2020, and returned last year to notch another win. He’s currently riding a three fight win streak.

Smith is 7-3 with 2 TKO and 3 sub wins. His four fight win streak was snapped last November.

Lencioni’s faced some better fighters on a bigger stage.

Middleweight - Anthony “Sugafoot” Adams vs Sharaf “Wolfhound” Davlatmurodov

Adams has a 9-3 record with a lone, sad, single TKO win. He’s 1-0 in LFA, 0-2 on the Contender Series, and 1-1 in Bellator, losing his last bout.

Davlatmurodov is 18-4, bringing 8 TKO and 5 submission wins to the table. He went 2-0 in ACA and 5-3 in ACB, and is currently 0-1 in Bellator, having last fought in 2021.

Davlatmurodov is probably solid when he is fighting, but he hasn’t been fighting recently.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/mmamania/status/1647421135594684416

lmao imagine paying $70 for this

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

isn't it $90 now

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's funny they have to give Cejudo the digital apple box to stand on so it doesn't look like Aljo is fighting an ugly baby with a giant head.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's barely a good fight night card.

It's 100% because Dana doesn't care about bantamweight and to stick it to CCC (And probably Aljo)

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

IDK that looks about as good as 187 to me. Neither are great cards, but is it worth singling this one out?

good title fight vs. good title fight
legitimate contender fight vs. half a legitimate contender fight and jorge masivdal's name value
great action fight on fringe of rankings in a great division vs. great action fight on fringe of rankings in a great division
ranked fight in a great division vs. unranked but likely fun action fight in a great division
dana's project vs. dana's project

287 is only significantly better if you put a lot of value on Jorge Masvidal fighting at WW in 2023. Sure, that's going to drive casual buys, but it doesn't make the card great.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cards like this on paper usually end up being absolute bangers.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Cards like this on paper usually end up being absolute bangers.

yeah, but sometimes they also end up like UFC Fight Night: Shields vs. Ellenberger, which was full of absolute loving no names and produced nothing memorable except Shields getting knocked out while grieving his dad.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

shields should get knocked out doing things more often

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

shields should get knocked out doing things more often

No argument. It also made the most impressive thing lombard did in the UFC (throwing Shields around a lot but not finishing him) less impressive when he did it. He had this thunder pre emptively stolen by Jake loving Ellenberger.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Hey guys I used to post in the mma threads in like 2007. Had a Barnett Av, then Nog, then Roy Nelson's fat tummy (I need that one back actually. This one was a gift from the 'yob)

Anyway I'm cleaning out my studio and discovered my giant stack of PRIDE dvds. Great poo poo here. All the old Best Buy bundles, plus bushido 1-8, final conflict, and the 2000 tournament Coleman won. I know this isn't the exact right thread but I didn't see any other MMA threads. Anyway they are up for grabs to anyone willing to cover shipping.I'd like them to go in one box so I'm not going to the post office in shifts. I'd really like to get them to someone like @iqwrestler on Twitter who would rip them, preserve them, or otherwise use them for a good purpose. If it just ends up with someone who will enjoy them as much as I have over the years then that will be fine too.

Anyway sorry for the koolaid man into your thread. PM me with questions on discord (where I live now) @grampageoff#6897 or reply here maybe tag me and I'll see it in the next day or so. I'll update this post once they go. I expect it to be fast. I'd say first come first served but like I said I wanna really pick the best option. But hey free poo poo, so stfu

EDIT: Successfully rehomed. Thanks goons

Edit: holy poo poo new phones take huge pictures. Thumbnailed.

Gramps fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 17, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SA Mart exists

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

chaleski posted:

lmao imagine paying $70 for this

i can't imagine ever paying for a single ppv card even back when the UFC wasn't as abysmal as it is now.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Not being a dick but isn't that all on fight pass

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

sleep with the vicious posted:

Subject to the whims of the Mouse and Dana White's coke filled binges? I'll take physical media any day.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Gramps posted:

Hey guys I used to post in the mma threads in like 2007. Had a Barnett Av, then Nog, then Roy Nelson's fat tummy (I need that one back actually. This one was a gift from the 'yob)

Hi, welcome back!

Here they are:

(Last one is uploaded twice to different places, don't know why, too lazy to figure out if there's a difference between them so I just included both)

I'm not sure that they are, fight pass is a bit weird about exactly which events are there for stuff that old, it's possible there's some stuff that is missing from fight pass that is on those DVDs, I'm gonna actually check real quick, now that I've noticed that it actually specifies which events are in the 5-event sets.

Ok I've gone through and checked, and yes, all the numbered PRIDE events on those DVDs as well as the grand prix stuff is on fight pass, it's a little hard to tell with the Bushido stuff (because the volume numbers in the screenshot don't reference which events they contain) but it looks like that's on fight pass as well, I'm not sure what exactly I had remembered as being missing from fight pass in the first place, I thought it was Pride but maybe it was actually early-mid UFC stuff that originally aired on FX/Fox or something? :shrug:

Brut fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 17, 2023

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
you're mad if you're not really hype for aljo vs. cejudo. dober vs. frevola is basically guaranteed to be good. jourdain might beat the poo poo out of a gracie which is always a moral victory for the world. but also i haven't paid for a ufc since anderson vs. vitor :moonrio:

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Brut posted:

Hi, welcome back!

Here they are:

(Last one is uploaded twice to different places, don't know why, too lazy to figure out if there's a difference between them so I just included both)

Thank you for this. You are cool as gently caress.

Mekchu posted:

SA Mart exists

I figured someone would like a physical copy if UFC starts to gently caress people on prices or you need to cancel a sub or something. gently caress me for trying to be thoughtful I guess. I'll gently caress off again now.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gramps posted:

Thank you for this. You are cool as gently caress.

I figured someone would like a physical copy if UFC starts to gently caress people on prices or you need to cancel a sub or something. gently caress me for trying to be thoughtful I guess. I'll gently caress off again now.

no don't do that keep hanging out

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

actually do they have any dvd extras? Lots of that para-media from early MMA is hard to find now.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Gramps posted:

Nah don't worry about that, you figured absolutely correct and I'd probably give it a few more days to see if someone interested shows up, you can always then post an SA-Mart thread just to confirm the transaction, I've seen a ton of threads there that are just "posting this as a record of already agreed upon deal from blablabla".

In short,

CommonShore posted:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mekchu posted:

SA Mart exists

Pragmatica puts this thread in the weekly Hey Check This Out post, a lapsed mma poster comes back to the thread with a cool find, and is immediately poo poo on. Tremendous, lol.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Gramps posted:

Anyway I'm cleaning out my studio and discovered my giant stack of PRIDE dvds. Great poo poo here. All the old Best Buy bundles, plus bushido 1-8, final conflict, and the 2000 tournament Coleman won. I know this isn't the exact right thread but I didn't see any other MMA threads. Anyway they are up for grabs to anyone willing to cover shipping.I'd like them to go in one box so I'm not going to the post office in shifts. I'd really like to get them to someone like @iqwrestler on Twitter who would rip them, preserve them, or otherwise use them for a good purpose. If it just ends up with someone who will enjoy them as much as I have over the years then that will be fine too.

Anyway sorry for the koolaid man into your thread. PM me with questions on discord (where I live now) @grampageoff#6897 or reply here maybe tag me and I'll see it in the next day or so. I'll update this post once they go. I expect it to be fast. I'd say first come first served but like I said I wanna really pick the best option. But hey free poo poo, so stfu

i remember the big country av, i think it was of him on the cage rubbing his big belly? lol

that's cool as gently caress. i have no video ripping skills and i'm not in the U.S. but i truly hope they go to a good home for digital preservation. some all time classic stuff in there.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The Fight Pass events are also a little more cut up and excise some interview bits, some music etc., so the Pride DVDs are a little better for actually reliving those events. I would have bid on it myself but I already bought them when they came out because I am a huge nerd/know what quality is.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

NYTimes posted:

Still, the abuse scandal that came to light in 2018, concerning Jordan’s time as a young assistant coach at Ohio State, threatened to sink his career.

Five former wrestlers, including Mark Coleman, a former UFC champion, said Jordan was aware of the abuse by a team doctor, Richard Strauss, who was accused of abusing 177 male student athletes over two decades, but did nothing to stop it, an allegation Jordan has consistently denied.

A conservative public relations firm aligned with Jordan pushed back, circulating statements of support defending Jordan and claiming that the accusers were “seeing dollar signs.”

Coleman soon walked back his statement and released a second one saying he had merely been referring to how widely known Strauss’ predatory behavior had been around the university. He clarified that he had no knowledge of anyone reporting a specific abuse claim to Jordan.

In an interview, Coleman said he stood by both statements but had made the second only after Jordan spoke by phone with Coleman’s aging parents in an effort to get him to change his story. A lawyer who worked on Jordan’s behalf during the scandal did not dispute the account but said the conversation happened after the parents approached the congressman at an event and expressed a desire to clarify what their son had said.

Coleman said allies of Jordan’s also reached out to him directly, including a lawyer who helped prepare his second statement.

In the interview, Coleman said Strauss routinely took 45-minute showers to ogle the athletes, including Jordan.

“Jim got stared at; I got stared at. Unless he has Alzheimer’s, Jim Jordan knew,” Coleman said. “But I have no knowledge of anyone being abused reporting it to Jim Jordan, and I have no problem with Jim Jordan. He was a fantastic coach. He’s a good man — a good, churchgoing family man.”

Jesus, poor Mark. based on his earlier statements, they 100% threatened the gently caress out of him and he's going along with it like when he had to throw that fight in Pride.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Gramps posted:

Found a home for em. Editing the OP now.

CommonShore posted:

Ayy thanks man

Foul Fowl posted:

i remember the big country av, i think it was of him on the cage rubbing his big belly? lol

that's cool as gently caress. i have no video ripping skills and i'm not in the U.S. but i truly hope they go to a good home for digital preservation. some all time classic stuff in there.

One of the main reasons I'm getting rid of em. Besides them collecting dust for a decade, I just got a NAS with PLEX built in, so I'll probably ripperoo before they ship out.

Lone Goat posted:

Pragmatica puts this thread in the weekly Hey Check This Out post, a lapsed mma poster comes back to the thread with a cool find, and is immediately poo poo on. Tremendous, lol.

Goons never loving change man. Why do you think I spend all my time on Discord on servers I'm heavily involved with? I don't take it personally, some people are sad joyless cunts. Not my job to baby people but if my kindness is ever met with hostility it will immediately be withdrawn forever. I think that's a fair loving boundary to set. Anyone who was cool, thanks. Anyone who is a dick, your loving loss. I kinda don't follow MMA much like I did anymore- too many other interests these days. I may pop in and out when there's big stuff happening. Liveposting fight nights with the fellas was always a good time, but that was like 15 years ago.

Gramps fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 17, 2023

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gramps posted:

Found a home for em. Editing the OP now.

Ayy thanks man

So what's new then? Just not watching MMA anymore? If you haven't been following it for a few years, some of the sport's best fights and fighters but also lowest moments have been going on.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Those pride dvds are pretty cool

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

CommonShore posted:

So what's new then? Just not watching MMA anymore? If you haven't been following it for a few years, some of the sport's best fights and fighters but also lowest moments have been going on.

Had a kid in '09 so that put a damper on PPVs and hangin at the bar, and pirate streams are always hit or miss. I've popped in here and there over the years but I'm not a fanatic like I was. I basically find new hobbies, devour every last thing about them, and then find new ones. It's VR and Discord community management right now, last few years it was Cigars etc. I was posting in BYOB and the Cigars thread cause everyone over there is awesome. Any time I came in here most of the old heads were gone and disappeared. I follow Fatherdog on twitter, Duncan dropped off the face of the earth, I think a couple of the elite pro posters from back in the day are twitter mma guys now. I definitely still watch fights, it's just not my primary entertainment any more. The last several I caught were really really good. I'll be sure to check in and see if there is a GDT for the next one. Those used to be a loving GAS, especially the big PRIDE ones.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Lol I remember that big country av. Weirdly hypnotic.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Lol I remember that big country av. Weirdly hypnotic.

I was always quite fond of that one. Always got hilarious reactions. Might have to bring it back but I am quite partial to the one I have. We were shooting the poo poo in the yob and I designed a Yob flag (that tiny picture is groverhaus). This place can be fun as poo poo, it's just super dead in spots.

Back in the day there was a loving menagerie of people that came and went. Some absolute garbage tier posters that just didn't know when to stop, and quite a few that actually made an effort and got good at it. Cool to see some of the old dogs still kicking around. I will never forget CortXbomb gogoplata-ing himself

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gramps posted:

. gently caress me for trying to be thoughtful I guess. I'll gently caress off again now.

I didn't mean for you to think ppl wanted you to gently caress off but posting on SA Mart about the DVDd is the more kosher approach to sorting it out IMHO.

It'd apply to anyone trying to sell MMA memorabilia etc. Just a better venue for sorting it out because that's what it's for. :shrug:

Lone Goat posted:

Saying "SA Mart exists" is far from making GBS threads on someone. Lmao.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 18, 2023

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Mekchu posted:

I didn't mean for you to think ppl wanted you to gently caress off but posting on SA Mart about the DVDd is the more kosher approach to sorting it out IMHO.

It'd apply to anyone trying to sell MMA memorabilia etc. Just a better venue for sorting it out because that's what it's for. :shrug:

Saying "SA Mart exists" is far from making GBS threads on someone. Lmao.

I hate to be that guy but look at my regdate ffs. I know how this stupid loving place works. I found the stash, thought of my old goon buddies and tried to offer em up for free in the thread I knew I would see familiar faces. This place is a loving ghost town compared to the other places I live on the internet. I could have moved them anywhere else for actual money. I came to this thread specifically to offer them to old friends, for free. So yeah your response came across as lovely. If it wasn't the intention then no worries, but I'm not the only one that read that the wrong way. If it was just me I wouldn't have said poo poo. There was a consensus there.

Gramps fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 18, 2023

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Gramps patented double post for clarity

SO. Yeah let's move on from that. Sorry for the enormous derail. I only followed MMA loosely for the last decade or so, catching big fights that were on my radar. I also moved to the east coast making me miss sleep if I wanted to catch a main most of the time. I'm old as poo poo, better be a drat good fight.

I would love to hear who everyone really likes watching these days so I can get back into it a bit. I had no idea who Volk was when I saw him win the title. That should tell you how much less I watch MMA since I had a kid 13 goddamn years ago. Not nearly as much time for trying to take the Pro Posting Championships title as I had back when I was in every martial arts thread on here every loving day. So yeah. Who is awesome, and what fights are coming up that I should clear my schedule for?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Gramps posted:

Gramps patented double post for clarity

SO. Yeah let's move on from that. Sorry for the enormous derail. I only followed MMA loosely for the last decade or so, catching big fights that were on my radar. I also moved to the east coast making me miss sleep if I wanted to catch a main most of the time. I'm old as poo poo, better be a drat good fight.

I would love to hear who everyone really likes watching these days so I can get back into it a bit. I had no idea who Volk was when I saw him win the title. That should tell you how much less I watch MMA since I had a kid 13 goddamn years ago. Not nearly as much time for trying to take the Pro Posting Championships title as I had back when I was in every martial arts thread on here every loving day. So yeah. Who is awesome, and what fights are coming up that I should clear my schedule for?

DJ still rules, he's fighting for ONE Championship when they make their US debut next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

DJ still rules, he's fighting for ONE Championship when they make their US debut next month.

YESSS YOU'RE STILL HERE. I follow you on the tweeter but never see your poo poo anymore because Twitter is the worst run site on the entire internet.

I caught highlights (either you or IQW's feed) of a couple of his most recent fights and I thought he looked as good as ever somehow. Apparently there was some sort of trade and it worked out for both orgs or something? I don't remember the details. Edit: oh yeah the Askren stuff. That actually was pretty great for everyone, especially for Masvidal and Jake Paul's wallets in the long run.