Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

This is Hank Hill with the News.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fur20 posted:

when the lights in boomhauer's room are turned off and the door is shut, a disco ball descends from the ceiling and dido starts playing

How many of these jokes did Family Guy steal for Quagmire's house?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

How many of these jokes did Family Guy steal for Quagmire's house?

They even pull the same stunt where they realize the sexual harassment stuff isn't funny and they rewrite it so women are just naturally attracted to them. KotH realized it way quicker than Family Guy.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Milo and POTUS posted:

hanks "bad" haircut in the barber episode is so funny

No self respecting bus company would let him on with hair like that

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

You're queering the spiral!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Are we stem on stemming?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

How dare you steal that boy's innocence!

Now get out of this gardening section, you make me sick!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
LAO TZU LIVED IN A HUTE AND ATE STRAW

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
WHO'S THE QUEEN? YOU KNOW IT

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

You're a loser! Which means I'm a loser! Which means my dad was right!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Game day is tomorrow. You’re in the single vase category so you gotta pick one player to send in

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

FBS posted:

How dare you steal that boy's innocence!

Now get out of this gardening section, you make me sick!

I get the feeling that whole bit is not kidding in the slightest about gardening shows.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Deep down, under all this government ape fur, I'm a winner!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Ohhhh I am sooo impressed!

Have you also downloaded the classified instruction manual for this tank from Vladimir Putin's website, took a correspondence course in Russian, translated the manual, memorized it, and eaten it?

Have you Hank?

Putin?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Yo anyone know where I can get some primo boggle sand?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Arson Daily posted:

Yo anyone know where I can get some primo boggle sand?

*immediately starts sobbing*

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Death and Texas is one of my favorite episodes. So many good layered jokes in that one.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You hear the expression "Lie like a dog" so much it is almost a cliché.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The haircut episode when jack blows puts shaving cream on his head and blows it off with the dryer it makes the first part of the shave and a haircut two bits riff

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I laugh uncontrollably at him clotheslining a kid off of his 10-speed and biking away, yelling about jackasses

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

That's like buying a haircut for Saddam Hussein... and I hate Saddam Hussein!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

... a half of a half of a percent

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My child is student of the month at Arlen Elementary.

"OH yeah? Well my child is god to millions of Asians!"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

My child is student of the month at Arlen Elementary.

"OH yeah? Well my child is god to millions of Asians!"

Legit comeback

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A lot about Hank's personality makes sense given every flashback to his childhood is frankly horrifying levels of near-constant verbal abuse from Cotton. He's incredibly anxious and terrified of judgement when anywhere outside his comfort zone, and has a thankfully much lesser tendency to explosive outbursts of anger. It says a lot that Hank and Peggy have been good enough parents for Bobby to be legitimately easygoing and cheerful.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Furthermore,

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot about Hank's personality makes sense given every flashback to his childhood is frankly horrifying levels of near-constant verbal abuse from Cotton. He's incredibly anxious and terrified of judgement when anywhere outside his comfort zone, and has a thankfully much lesser tendency to explosive outbursts of anger. It says a lot that Hank and Peggy have been good enough parents for Bobby to be legitimately easygoing and cheerful.

That fancomic where Bobby becomes a couple's therapist is so touching.

https://www.filmsforaction.org/articles/comic-if-bart-simpson-and-chris-griffin-went-to-couples-therapy/

You're a real great dad y'know.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That's almost a long form shitpost but maybe that just helps, Bobby's friendly nature, unflappability and skill at defusing tension is never treated as anything less than a good thing. In a show all about flawed people, he brings out the best in them.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

sorry, it's flawed. You lose.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm goin' down to the corn dog shack to watch the girlies make lem-o-nade.

naem
May 29, 2011

I was thinking about Pieter Bruegel, the Elder and other similar artists who did a lot of paintings of happy villagers. They tend to celebrate the lives of humble people of limited means

some of them are shown from a god’s eye view like you are looking down in them from above, which makes sense when you realize they were painted for rich people to decorate their house with:

some of them are at a more normal perspective so you feel like you’re there yourself:

if you zoom in some of the characters are almost cartoonish, but it’s always a celebration of the lives of real people or at least an attempt to show happy drunk not-rich people

much like koth

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/7hpUkHi.mp4

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The racetrack episode is one of those episodes that reminds me of my dad the most. Just on my rear end constantly to get a job when I was in sixth and seventh grade. And at any time in my life until the day he died, if a job I had was awful, I was told tough poo poo.

My boss at the flower shop I worked at told me to shovel the snow at his house? I should be grateful.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Cotton should have been Cotton and gotten his rear end back to Japan to marry the woman he actually loved instead of making Tilly's and Hank's life hell.

In fact I think the only positive thing Cotton ever said about marriage poo poo was when Peggy had a black eye, and Cotton was aghast. "HANK I didn't teach you to do that!"

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
By black eye, you mean in a full body cast because her parachute didn't work.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

A lot of people don't like certain episodes because they feel too awkward or mean spirited, like Mrs Wakefield and Hanks Bully. But for me the worst of them is New Cowboy on the Block. Just twenty minutes of pure torture for a barely satisfying ending.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

PinheadSlim posted:

A lot of people don't like certain episodes because they feel too awkward or mean spirited, like Mrs Wakefield and Hanks Bully. But for me the worst of them is New Cowboy on the Block. Just twenty minutes of pure torture for a barely satisfying ending.

I like Dale’s squirrel tactics

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Star Man posted:

The racetrack episode is one of those episodes that reminds me of my dad the most. Just on my rear end constantly to get a job when I was in sixth and seventh grade. And at any time in my life until the day he died, if a job I had was awful, I was told tough poo poo.

My boss at the flower shop I worked at told me to shovel the snow at his house? I should be grateful.

It's such a toxic way to be towards your kids and hopefully it's dying out

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

I used to chase skirt with your grand daddy. He's a... mean kind of funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

So you used Bill up and you cast him aside. Do you have any idea how hurtful that is every time that happens to him?