Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

perhaps the serious forums could be merged into gbs to eliminate the perceived us vs them mentally, which by the way isn’t real, but nevertheless cannot be ignored?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Can someone tally how many posts this user makes about gbs versus how much they actually post in gbs

It seems a little problematic if im being honest. I dont think they have our best interests at heart.

I bet this coward doesnt even smokes crack

16-BBH used his IK powers to chain probe a dude obsessed with dog death and creep-posting about strip clubs until the dude autobanned, so he might actually have some good feedback on improving the forums, even if you think he's a shithead.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

16bbh did you read my mspaint thread? it's pretty good it even got voted gold

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bad Purchase posted:

perhaps the serious forums could be merged into gbs to eliminate the perceived us vs them mentally, which by the way isn’t real, but nevertheless cannot be ignored?

At the very least, GBS as the top forum, the display window of SA, should be allowed to arbitrate on the lesser subforums' moderation, to bring them closer to the standard of excellence that is expected here.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

actually those personal pan pizza FREAKS from the book fair are at the top of the heap right now, but of course it’s not a competition

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cthulu Carl posted:

16-BBH used his IK powers to chain probe a dude obsessed with dog death and creep-posting about strip clubs until the dude autobanned, so he might actually have some good feedback on improving the forums, even if you think he's a shithead.

While I agree with Iron Crowned loving off forever, the method is extremely problematic, especially for known concern troll 16BB, and is exactly the kind of IK power abuse that 16BB himself rails against when it doesn’t suit him personally.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

A shibboleth should be developed about if chicago style pizza is truely a pizza or a soup or a stew, and then posters banned according to how badly they answer.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ironic however that the group of posters best suited to long form reading don’t even have to go past the prologue to find their place in the epic novel that is the list of subforums of subforums of subforums on top of subforums

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

While I agree with Iron Crowned loving off forever, the method is stupid as gently caress, especially for known concern troll 16BB, and is exactly the kind of IK power abuse that 16BB himself rails against when it doesn’t suit him personally.

Is it really that surprising that sprs cheerleaders are also weirdos?

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 16, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i post in the rlm and vince mcmhaon threads sometimes and sometimes read other gbs threads i dont really think whether or not i post often in gbs makes the feedback about crew posting even less valid even if i have trolled before

Nobody is crew posting but you try shutting the gently caress up

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I assure you we consider all feedback, including from the no-such-thing-as-crews crew.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Wendigee posted:

??? i agreed with sprs permaban. see this is the exact problem i'm talking lol you think i'm in cahoots with spr when in reality i barely knew her lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 16, 2023

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Wow, the “gas gbs” guy is here to give his genuine help, because he really cares.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

??? i agreed with sprs permaban. see this is the exact problem i'm talking lol you think i'm in cahoots with spr when in reality i barely knew her lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:lmao:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

"barely knew" is already too much

you should not know, at all, a single other member on these forums. keep it detached and impersonal please or this kind of stuff is bound to occur.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Let's roll the Imp Zone into GBS, it's clear that it's currently too isolated and stagnating so the posters are getting bored and looking for a home elsewhere, and GBS can be that home.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Nah, you're just in the PYFQCSSADIZ crew

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Turn on Forums Chaos Mode every Friday, Saturday and Sunday

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

deep dish peat moss posted:

Turn on Forums Chaos Mode every Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Take it up a notch and turn off usernames :twisted:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Real Talk I am almost done putting together a SA Mart thread to sell my art, does someone want to make a GBS Art Fair thread like we were talking about? Artists could come in and post their SA Mart link and post some of their art, the OP should be updated with all the artist links. Should I post one? I have really bad ADHD and suck at updating OPs lmao

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I could smell a jimmyjams post from a mile away, username or no

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

I could smell a jimmyjams post from a mile away, username or no

What if someone pretended to be jimmyjams

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

you are posting a doctored photo of stalin that removes nikolai yezhov the head of the secret police stalin had executed after he had fallen out of favor to me posting that i barely knew SPR lol you are crazy. i liked spr and some of her posts and thought she could be funny and i can still also think what she did was hosed up and stupid and that she needed to be permabanned because what she was doing wasnt healthy for either herself or the forums. i also barely knew her because i dont go out of my way to know goons personally

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you are posting a doctored photo of stalin that removes nikolai yezhov the head of the secret police stalin had executed after he had fallen out of favor to me posting that i barely knew SPR lol you are crazy. i liked spr and some of her posts and thought she could be funny and i can still also think what she did was hosed up and stupid and that she needed to be permabanned because what she was doing wasnt healthy for either herself or the forums. i also barely knew her because i dont go out of my way to know goons personally

ok

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Wendigee posted:

16B should be forumbanned from.GBS to protect their mental health, as they are unnecessarily obsessed about gas

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Are you too dumb to realize that people get sick of the same people complaining about the same poo poo, at a rate that is exponentially more than the average poster? Just choose to shut up every now and then.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm proud of the butthead for actually posting more than a few words for their troll bait, guess they don't want to catch an immediate sixer with so many juicy threads doing numbers in SAD

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

very well. thank you for your consideration. if you are short of something to do that is not the forum then might I recommend the megaman battle network collection, released just recently for switch and steam. it is a rip roaring good time

Mega Man is absolutely my jam no doubt thank you!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i have nothing else to say except that i hope seth and the other gbs mods take my feedback about crew posting seriously because im not trolling when i say that kind of posting leads to nothing good. peace

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i post in the rlm and vince mcmhaon threads sometimes and sometimes read other gbs threads i dont really think whether or not i post often in gbs makes the feedback about crew posting even less valid even if i have trolled before

So this goes back to the rule where you don't have to be a "regular" to give feedback, but the people that are going after 16bb and Dr. Cool AIDS are actually attacking regulars of certain threads. Just because they don't post in the same threads you do doesn't mean their opinion is less valid. I've seen them post in threads and they've never been a real problem in the threads they post mostly in. Does anyone remember that Larry Parrish posted in r/r? No? That's because he was never an issue there, despite his forum wide reputation.

They have opinions on GBS and how it may be run. We take feedback from anyone if given in good faith, and these posts were in good faith. If you have specific critiques of the posts, go after those. But I'd remind you to read the first post of this thread.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Just because they don't post in the same threads you do doesn't mean their opinion is less valid.

:wrong:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

rly glad i dont read the forums outside of work hours sometimes lmfao

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Real "I don't watch TV :grin:" vibe from this post

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Real "I don't watch TV :grin:" vibe from this post

i also dont watch tv

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Putting in a ban request for not pulling your weight around here

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Putting in a ban request for not pulling your weight around here

i can't keep up with the forums most powerful drama posters. i'm too old

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Can someone help me understand how posting forums usage statistics, in a thread about a vocal minority existing, is the same as “enemies.xls”? I feel like reading SAD is giving me brain damage

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Can someone help me understand how posting forums usage statistics, in a thread about a vocal minority existing, is the same as “enemies.xls”? I feel like reading SAD is giving me brain damage

Run it telephone-style through a few hundred more posts from the not-a-crew crew and you'll find that the spreadsheet poster masterminded 9/11 and should be executed immediately

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Flowers for QAnon posted:

It's the same as claiming to post in gbs, then asking for GBS to be gassed at least once a week in the form of weird effort posts or drive by gas emotes.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm gonna make an excel sheet of the top non-admin SAD posters and post it itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the top 30 posters in SAD will be forced to acknowledge the existence of their crew ( MOD APPROVED)