Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Agents are GO! posted:

I asked your mom the same question last night. :smuggo:

Well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Not really, they stuttered a bit.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I was nervous, okay?

Edit: I worked on that recipe for months.

Agents are GO! has a new favorite as of 17:01 on Mar 25, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Women’s Day marketing

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Platystemon posted:

Women’s Day marketing

Master Blaster run the world!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Beachcomber posted:

Master Blaster run the world!

Incorrect, Tina Turner ultimately ran the world.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Platystemon posted:

Women’s Day marketing

Women with large lips?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Women’s Day marketing

Okay but like, i laughed so its good marketing actually

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Taylor Swift once again showing off her sandwich game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Picturing the social media employee that had to fingerblast the sandwich to create the beef hole

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

CJacobs posted:

Picturing the social media employee that had to fingerblast the sandwich to create the beef hole

Size of beef hole is not dependent on how it's been fingerblasted, it's genetic. If anything, only seeing the bun is way more unnatural.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Maybe this is better for the schad thread but the US Army launched a rebrand about a week ago. I've never really unpacked it before but it's weird as hell that there's multiple taglines for a fascist complex drone bombing children in the Middle East. Their prime choice seems to be "Be All You Can Be," whatever that means.

The worst part though? A new ad campaign featuring Jonathan Majors that has already been pulled from TV and their channel. :lol:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

UR
GREE.
  THE
MY.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Shneak posted:

Maybe this is better for the schad thread but the US Army launched a rebrand about a week ago. I've never really unpacked it before but it's weird as hell that there's multiple taglines for a fascist complex drone bombing children in the Middle East. Their prime choice seems to be "Be All You Can Be," whatever that means.

The worst part though? A new ad campaign featuring Jonathan Majors that has already been pulled from TV and their channel. :lol:

The Army had a recruiting slogan decades ago of Be All That You Can Be (in the Army!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9pxvEbILs

E: you may also be interested to learn that joining the Marines means fighting a lava monster somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62tnJtLBQzQ

Volmarias has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Mar 27, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Volmarias posted:

The Army had a recruiting slogan decades ago of Be All That You Can Be (in the Army!).

Better than when they were doing “army of one”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Wish it was an army of me

help you if you complain

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Volmarias posted:

E: you may also be interested to learn that joining the Marines means fighting a lava monster somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62tnJtLBQzQ

Look at this scrub who doesn't know you can just cheese Ceaseless Discharge by running back to the fog gate

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They are still doing a great job of making the military look like a completely miserable life choice so imo it's perfect execution.

This is fuckin batshit. This dude planeswalks through a half dozen actual wars without a single injury on the American side appearing onscreen. They ACTUALLY showed the D-Day shore without a single body on it

edit:

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Mar 28, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
WAR IS ABOUT THE CHOICE OF NOBLE SACRIFICE AT YOUR PEAK STRENGTH FOR YOUR COUNTRY!

But we refuse to show any because that might discourage you

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Shneak posted:

Their prime choice seems to be "Be All You Can Be," whatever that means.
It means "achieve your potential".

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Ahh, the wonderful world of marketing the military. How are the laws on other countries about recruiters setting up shop in high schools?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Best recruiting ad for, well, reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhioeOeOHsA

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gotta love the replies with all the Navy vets confirming that's exactly right.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
“Find your greater than”? Does your keyboard not have a shift key? You found the period just fine.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Domus posted:

“Find your greater than”? Does your keyboard not have a shift key? You found the period just fine.
join the army >:-(

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm not sure what "Adeia" is that I keep seeing advertised, but going to their website looks like a word salad of buzzword bullshit:

quote:

For over 30 years, Adeia has invented, developed and licensed innovations that advance how we live, work and play.

I tend to think that good marketing involves making it clear what you're selling and why I should give a poo poo. Radical, I know.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Sound like patent trolls

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
It's the sort of thing Walmart, Shell, or Raytheon puts out because you already know who they are, but they want you to associate them with better things than what they do.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
It’s an IP licensing company, spun off from XPERI Holding Company.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Hey you! Join the navy!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

BMan posted:

Hey you! Join the navy!

No

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

yvan eht nioj

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I saw the Village People live once. They wouldn't sing "Sex Over The Phone" despite my friend's request.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

lmao at this commercial for an interview with Jeremy Renner about his snow plow accident https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-HGKjSdvA

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not sure what "Adeia" is that I keep seeing advertised, but going to their website looks like a word salad of buzzword bullshit:

I tend to think that good marketing involves making it clear what you're selling and why I should give a poo poo. Radical, I know.

Innovatively inventing inventive innovations!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Insert Veridian Dynamics advert here

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

WORLD OF WARCRIMES PogChamp

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

WORLD OF WARCRIMES PogChamp

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I don't know if it's a dumb marketing move, but I sure was thinking this was about something else until I saw the small text.