Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yay, More TV Parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

I assume yes, but is mr "of course I considered that tactic as well" supposed to come across as inept and sycophantic as he does?

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

The_Other posted:

Kit + The Wolf

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

Konami loved the Reivers. They not only turned up in the six-person X-Men game, one’s a boss in the Punisher game, too.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
A little too close to the line for comfort, but it's A Sketchy Life for April 14, 1927, which in 1927 meant the Easter number!

A Garrett Price cover, and this is the only color pic of it I could find, so all the apologies for going with this one.

Alice Harvey:

Two from LJ Holton:

A real humdinger of a two pager from Frederik Strothmann:

And Bruce Bairnsfather:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My wife was holding my daughter on her hip and she walked by the drying rack. The little booger managed to grab a steak knife by the handle and started swinging it around like she was Danny Triejo. I manage to catch her arm and remove the wife before she slashed my wife's face.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 14, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

holy poo poo a foob that made me laugh

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

double-postin because I just learned that there's a fuckin Fingerpori film

I don't know if there are english subtitles for it or what but this looks so bad that I am just interested enough in a horrified way to start looking :magical:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i hate looking at overboard

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Crab Dad posted:

My wife was holding my daughter on her hip and she walked by the drying rack. The little booger managed to grab a steak knife by the handle and started swinging it around like she was Danny Triejo. I manage to catch her arm and remove the wife before she slashed my wife's face.

Thorsby might not have been that far off with his castration planet storyline.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kazinsal posted:

double-postin because I just learned that there's a fuckin Fingerpori film

I don't know if there are english subtitles for it or what but this looks so bad that I am just interested enough in a horrified way to start looking :magical:

I heard it was supposed to be godawful.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Samovar posted:

I heard it was supposed to be godawful.

It's a Finnish comedy movie so that is roughly a 95% probability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ENuIL-1uTI

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(September 3, 1916)

Little Nemo(January 28, 1906)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Green Intern posted:

This seems like a great way to get a lot of promising young knights maimed for life.

Weembles posted:

It was! History is full of young rulers getting a lance through the eye and getting killed.

King Henry VIII had a famous jousting accident that left him with a permanent leg injury and probable brain damage which many people blame for a major personality change afterwards.

I'm sure everything will go fine!

Vintage Valiant (Oct. 14, 1956)

Oh.

It occurs to me that, if you're the king, getting all the ambitious young warriors to hurt each other for fun could be useful for keeping your own position secure.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Headi

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/16/03

Brenda Starr 10/19-21/50

Oh yeah, Siberia moonlights as a nightclub dancer ... a detail that was, IIRC, only mentioned in one of the paper doll strips years ago.

Smokey Stover 2/14/54

Everyday Movies 4/27/36

"Edna doesn't mind walking and they don't allow dogs around here. It's the only way we could take Rover to the zoo."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/17-19/41

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

String Bean Jackson has been getting into Bulletproof Coffee.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Crab Dad posted:

I’m glad your knife is ok.

Medenmath posted:

I'm sure everything will go fine!

Vintage Valiant (Oct. 14, 1956)

Oh.

It occurs to me that, if you're the king, getting all the ambitious young warriors to hurt each other for fun could be useful for keeping your own position secure.

Keeping your heavily armed nobles and warriors occupied with petty politics and sports is a time honored tradition, it’s true.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I'm going away for a week. I'm going to have so many pages to read. :mad:

Real posters never stop reading on their phones, much to the annoyance of their new spouses.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vargo posted:

Real posters never stop reading on their phones, much to the annoyance of their new spouses.

Eyyyy!

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Vargo posted:

Be not deceived by this false Vargo! I am Vargo now. See how I bring all the Vargo Comics?

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/17-19/41

In an inexplicable bout of continuity, it'll be those weight gain pills from the beauty pageant story.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

don Jaime posted:

Konami loved the Reivers. They not only turned up in the six-person X-Men game, one’s a boss in the Punisher game, too.

in addition to Bonebreaker being a boss, Pretty Boy was one of the recurring enemies! (based off an issue where the Reavers pinned Punisher and co. down in a junkyard for reasons I don't remember)

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (May 18, 1935)

Peanuts (April 19, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 16, 1939)

Out Our Way (July 28-30, 1941)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well... I had previously set myself to a certain timetable re. posting Blueberry, since I wanted to make sure that I would have a backlog of strips but... I've just realized that now, that's no longer an issue.

So, with that sobering conclusion, in today's Blueberry: Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!, or We learn a little more about our resident rebel, or Potter returns with his usual charm and good graces

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

In Dunce news, Jens made the list of the Top 10 Most Unique Comic Book Artists according to CBR, and his agent apparently has an appointment with a US syndicate coming up, so he might wind up in US papers. I would be happy to see more translations of his existing work.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Rene Belluso, disguised as Dr. Ian Cameron, listens in.

Andertoons

I think a quorum is a group of groups of owls.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

when is the last time this strip was about rex morgan being an MD?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

someone awful. posted:

If checking on Mud's fake bathroom crisis counts, that. Otherwise, the agent's Diabetes story.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

If this was realistic, the dog would have immediately eaten the ball again.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"And because YOU didn't give it up, now I'm going to give it up FOR you"

someone awful. posted:

I went through this exact same thing/fit of mania 6 months ago. I should not care about this, but it is maddening to me that the strip isn't just not about Rex Morgan being an MD, it's that Rex Morgan is not in his own strip, period, for months at a time. (He has not appeared since February 11.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

rex morgan the character is equally as boring as every other idiot in that strip so i can't really be bothered to care if he's in it or not