Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
so as absurd as this game has been, Denver only has 107 points, which is not going to cut it against the rest of the west

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pohl posted:

lol its the playoffs, you don't care about that over injury

none of the Denver starters should have been in that game after the end of the 3rd quarter

maybe you dont care. joker clearly does.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

fart simpson posted:

maybe you dont care. joker clearly does.

:hmmyes:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
jokic ftw

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

also how common are playoff injuries anyway?

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Pohl posted:

so as absurd as this game has been, Denver only has 107 points, which is not going to cut it against the rest of the west

that is probably true but a closer game leads to more points overall as the teams trade fouls and free throws. depth is supposed to be a weakness for denver and they extended during their second unit minutes.

wolves shot 30% from three, nuggets shot 40% from three.
wolves collected 38 rebounds, nuggets collected 54 rebounds.

nuggets were #1 in the league in field goal percentage this year. it's ABCs of basketball, but to beat the nuggets you need to out shoot them or out board them and the wolves didn't show.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

fart simpson posted:

Many such cases. More and more you're hearing about this. Sad.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

Based on the last two days, an average of one star player or key role player is crippled in every playoff game

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vox Nihili posted:

Based on the last two days, an average of one star player or key role player is crippled in every playoff game

so your saying in just a couple years i might finally get my chance to play in the nba

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

that is probably true but a closer game leads to more points overall as the teams trade fouls and free throws. depth is supposed to be a weakness for denver and they extended during their second unit minutes.

wolves shot 30% from three, nuggets shot 40% from three.
wolves collected 38 rebounds, nuggets collected 54 rebounds.

nuggets were #1 in the league in field goal percentage this year. it's ABCs of basketball, but to beat the nuggets you need to out shoot them or out board them and the wolves didn't show.

Wolves have it in them to go insane for at least 2 games this series, I don't expect them to win the series but they will shove Denver into a corner. I appreciate the stats, not even joking, but that is the nuts and bolts of why they lost, I'm still not firmly believing that the Denver defense shut them down. Another game or two will show the reality. The wolves are just hit and miss but they have the potential to be incredibly dangerous. Would I want to play them (the Wolves) in a 7 game series? Yes, Yes I would.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The problem with the Wolves is and has always been Chris Finch. Doc Rivers would be a better coach!

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 17, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

congrats on the nuggets for winning a playoff game

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Jeb Embiid

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gently caress, glad I went to bed after the first quarter

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Azathoth posted:

gently caress, glad I went to bed after the first quarter

KAT?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol

I legit thought it was gonna be one of those lose 110 to 140 games without Jaden McDaniels but lmao nope, loving love my Wolves

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Cheltics

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I had such positive goodwill towards KAT after covid ravaged his family and how hard fans were on him in 20-early 21. seems so long ago, now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

I had such positive goodwill towards KAT after covid ravaged his family and how hard fans were on him in 20-early 21. seems so long ago, now

why do you hate him now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
he yells at refs all the time for everything which I personally don't like. it's nothing about his injuries or personality

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol do you like any nba stars at all

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
just playoff guys, in no order: Harden, Tatum, Giannis, Butler, Ant, Sabonis, Kawhi, PG, JJJ

Giannis is probably my favorite even though he did attempted murder on Sixers venue staff this season

and of course Boban

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PJ tucker

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

KAT isn't a hateable guy, he's just been asked by the team to be The Guy and he has a personality and overall game that is manifestly unsuited to it. He can't take over a game like Ant is working on being able to do and like true #1 guys can do.

He's the quintessential #2 max contract guy. He's absolutely worth a max, but he's not gonna lead a team to a championship as the #1 guy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
yeah definitely. he's very good I just don't like watching him whine

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
CAT

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kat would be perfect with an athletic C like Bam or bob Williams

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

he yells at refs all the time for everything which I personally don't like. it's nothing about his injuries or personality

:dafuq:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

while you are rooting for the nuggets or the 76ers I will be rooting for the referees

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

A valid criticism of him is that he whines at the refs instead of getting back on defense. He doesn't get calls like some superstars, which is a valid gripe to have, but he needs to not let that then gently caress up how he plays after.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

every star does that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nonsense posted:

while you are rooting for the nuggets or the 76ers I will be rooting for the referees

solidarity

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

every star does that

He lets the lack of calls get into his head. I've watched a bunch of games where he underperforms because he didn't get calls early so he stopped being aggressive and then just floats around the perimeter all game rather than attacking the basket.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The upcoming Celtics sixers series will be a big test for my nascent spiritual equanimity

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

The upcoming Celtics sixers series will be a big test for my nascent spiritual equanimity

you already know what's going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the result yes but not how it will go down