Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
ratpacking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

why is dogpiling even a term used to describe group hostily? a pile of dogs sounds lovely

i think it came from pig pile and then folks stopped seeing pigs too often once animal farming stopped being a primarily local venture.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

duckfucking

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
http://i.imgur.com/hcpOCmZ.gifv

E:

Grassy Knowles posted:

i think it came from pig pile and then folks stopped seeing pigs too often once animal farming stopped being a primarily local venture.

That doesn't sound much worse to me
https://twitter.com/martharoberts/status/940301750636105730

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 17, 2023

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

why is dogpiling even a term used to describe group hostily? a pile of dogs sounds lovely

well in places not the internet it just means "a bunch of people tackle another, singular people" and hostility is not a requirement

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Grassy Knowles posted:

In addition to this, according to dictionary.com, the term became associated with a pile of American footballers tackling a player about a hundred years ago, so presumably the aggressive portion of the term comes from that.

efb :eng99:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I will then fourth best wishes for Lady Radia to avoid having to figure out whether "add to the dogpile" inherently counters the message.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Kins posted:

Hell of a mixed message here.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The horse guy sucks and can gently caress right off. Simple as.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought devil's lab from ff6 was "devil slab" because there was a remix of it named that on ocremix in 2001 and i didn't think about a remix having a different name that plays off the original like most of them do.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I didn't knew Radia much but she seemed like a good poster and:

Joey McChrist posted:

send her our love, and sorry that all this dumb bullshit happened!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Plebian Parasite posted:

I'm still catching up on everything that has happened today is this about right?

Please don't post Kanye memes :mrgw:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Valko posted:

Has there ever been a successful Steampunk piece of media? Wild Wild West and Arcanum are the only two things that come to mind. Steam Powered Giraffe comes to mind but I will not inflict the knowledge of what that is on you innocent goons. (seriously, you do not want to know.)

From a bit ago, but the Steamworld games (Dig, Heist and I think another one) have been pretty successful.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

From a bit ago, but the Steamworld games (Dig, Heist and I think another one) have been pretty successful.

Yeah. It seems that steampunk has found most of it's success in the world of video games. Sort of like the works of HP Lovecraft.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'll miss Lady Radia too she was good people

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lobster shirt posted:

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender. "You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have... a conversation."

Every time I read this post, a different thing makes me chuckle aloud. This time it was the use of the adjective "darkly".

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

qnqnx posted:

I didn't knew Radia much but she seemed like a good poster and:

same, she always seemed cool and nice, even when i was being an rear end.

i wish her well and it sucks that being a psycho freak is a protected class round these parts.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

not a saga legend or anything but more like a sensible chuckle sort of thing:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I do actually have a large problematic family heirloom in a small back room lol

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's a painting of nathan bedford forrest camped outside of our ancestral plantation house that was built on stolen cherokee land that was given to my family because of their help with the trail of tears. I am not even exaggerating.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Oh right it's the picture thread

Mola Yam posted:

what the hell. how is that a "heirloom". that's like a 1980s/90s TV shopping print. just set it on fire.

Mola Yam posted:

like you can get that fucken print for five dollars. framed!

i guess it's uh "cool" that it's your family's plantation but why commemorate the lovely parts of your family history with a lovely memento. like you can just not do that. who are you ever even going to show it to (not anonymously, i mean)

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

not a saga legend or anything but more like a sensible chuckle sort of thing:

:psyduck:

why on earth would anyone think that was an "heirloom"?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

dude on the horse in the back is basically Torgo

I guess now we know what he was doing before the whole Manos thing

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

NoiseAnnoys posted:

:psyduck:

why on earth would anyone think that was an "heirloom"?

grandparent died recently and left it to them. i think someone may have called it with

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Grampa's lovely $5 QVC print, a piece of history

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grandpa buys it in the 80s and then his brain starts going and he misremembers it as a family heirloom and everyone goes 'yeah sure whatever grandpa,' i guess

that or he just really wanted it to be one

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Just lmao at casually slipping in "our ancestral plantation house that was built on stolen cherokee land that was given to my family because of their help with the trail of tears."

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

what’s the opposite of stolen valor

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Upgrade posted:

what’s the opposite of stolen valor

earned disrepute

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
stolen squalor

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

they finally got Iron Crowned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

earned disrepute

nice

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hell yeah, hand knit activates twice in one month

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol we forgot to permaban you for a month, like Milton getting fired but they forgot to stop paying him

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol we forgot to permaban you for a month

Hand Knit posted:

I would like to make an addendum to the posted ban reason. On re-checking the discord logs the decision was made on March 13th of 2022.

:dudsmile:

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

perfection

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ok I know people may get mad about this but please also do acknowledge how ridiculously stupid and funny "we forgot" is to the question "why didn't you perma ban the lovely dog hating strip club dude that nobody likes?"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A year lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MILTON: I'm going to burn down the SPCA

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Congrats to 16bb for, uh, helping our sleepy admin team to remember to carry out their decisions? What an incredibly managed site we have here

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

hosed Up Weekend extends into Monday to the delight and horror of posters alike

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ok I know people may get mad about this but please also do acknowledge how ridiculously stupid and funny "we forgot" is to the question "why didn't you perma ban the lovely dog hating strip club dude that nobody likes?"

sometimes you get sleepy and forget to do things like make sure people don't get doxxed or perma the guy who gifts lasagna to stripclubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It's like when you forget to take out the trash because you and your significant other both thought the other had done it.

Only instead of having a bit of a smell around until it gets done, it a dude incessantly telling you about what strip clubs allow touching, why dogs should be drowned in sacks and about that time he groomed a girl.

Also you and you significant other both just.... Don't take out that same trash for over a year.