Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

so are all my opponents getting ridiculously lucky or is Menagerie Warrior a whole lot better than people were expecting?

IMO it is a good deck but people are still on the meme or they are building it poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it seems to do really well at controlling the board with all the buffed-up rushers and then hits you in the face with a Windfury Reborn One-Analgam Band until you’re dead

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Valiantman posted:

I put together a warrior deck that is not even menagerie and it does okay. I mean, about 30% winrate is not good or anything but I'd suppose a proper deck will be much better.

In my opinion individual warrior cards are pretty good. They just don't have any real synergy compared to every other class.

I'm not exactly on the pulse of the meta, but I feel like the biggest problem with Warrior right now is that nothing they got is both good and interesting. Aggro menagerie seems to work fine, as do slower menagerie decks that focus more on big taunts and a bit of buffing. But the new cards don't really do cool things in them. The good cards from Festival of Legend give them card draw and good cheap minions, but those aren't cool. The legendaries are either a 4/3 that gives you some more value or a 5 mana deck buff that's enough tempo loss that you'll probably lose if you aren't incredibly careful with it.

There's fun stuff in Warrior, but a lot of it is just "having a good 2/2 weapon in the core set is good" or "using the magnetic minions in the core set with Mistake is good" or "using Armegadillo from the core set with all the good taunt cards in Warrior is good".

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I know it's not going to be 'good' one the meta settles but man am I having fun with Button Druid. +9 Attack and +9 Armor is a pretty good deal for 2 mana and there are enough slow-ish decks right now that you can usually get there.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I don’t think DK is unbeatable. I’ve had a lot of success with control priest against all three flavors of DK (four if you count rainbow but that archetype seems bad)

The downside is you have to play a slow priest deck and the mirror is one of the most unbelievably tedious matchups in all of hearthstone history

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

NorgLyle posted:

I know it's not going to be 'good' one the meta settles but man am I having fun with Button Druid. +9 Attack and +9 Armor is a pretty good deal for 2 mana and there are enough slow-ish decks right now that you can usually get there.

it's ludicrous in Wild where the questline rotated

### Haha wild is turbo fubar
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Pounce
# 2x (1) Claw
# 1x (1) Lost in the Park
# 2x (1) Rake
# 2x (1) Secure the Deck
# 2x (2) Groovy Cat
# 2x (2) Harmonic Mood
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (3) Feral Rage
# 2x (3) Moontouched Amulet
# 1x (4) Flobbidinous Floop
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (7) Umbral Owl
# 2x (8) Crypt Keeper
#
AAEBAbvyBAL1/AKj9gMOmgj5rQOV4AOi4QOvgASunwS4oAS5oASuwAS2mAXuowWC4AWR4AWp4AUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
my opponent played 70 cards and still lost because i stole their Tess

edit: i think death knight might be a bit too good right now. idk though

peer fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 17, 2023

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Excelzior posted:

it's ludicrous in Wild where the questline rotated

### Haha wild is turbo fubar
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Pounce
# 2x (1) Claw
# 1x (1) Lost in the Park
# 2x (1) Rake
# 2x (1) Secure the Deck
# 2x (2) Groovy Cat
# 2x (2) Harmonic Mood
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (3) Feral Rage
# 2x (3) Moontouched Amulet
# 1x (4) Flobbidinous Floop
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (7) Umbral Owl
# 2x (8) Crypt Keeper
#
AAEBAbvyBAL1/AKj9gMOmgj5rQOV4AOi4QOvgASunwS4oAS5oASuwAS2mAXuowWC4AWR4AWp4AUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I queued up 3 games in wild for quests, and all 3 were mirror matches of this :rubby:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Decided to start using some of my stockpile of arena tickets to get a few more packs. Results:
Hunter: 0-3
Druid: 2-3
Paladin: 1-3
Priest: 1-3
Druid: 1-3

And the losses aren't close either, every game is a complete blowout one way or the other. Every draft feels absolutely horrible, like there are just no good cards available. Total legendaries offered in 5 drafts: 2. Haven't been offered Death Knight once either.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I really want Lightshow Mage to be good but I haven't found the formula yet

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Fun fact: Go to HSreplay, look up the top 50 cards for current Arena
(if you can't, I'll give you a protip: 42 of them are DK cards)

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

skaboomizzy posted:

:same:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Had my worst losing streak over the weekend.
15 losses in a row.
Every one of my opponents got the perfect draw or had the perfect counter for whatever I managed to play, paired with me getting the worst draws possible.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Fun fact: Go to HSreplay, look up the top 50 cards for current Arena
(if you can't, I'll give you a protip: 42 of them are DK cards)

How are you seeing this? Even if you exclude neutrals I only see 5 DK cards in the top 25 for Deck Winrate. Mage and Priest both have more.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

skaboomizzy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyl0T4-XxRM

Not sure about the deck being good but a juiced Rommath sure is

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Ok thief control priest has now surpassed blood control DK to be my absolute favourite deck ever. I’ve always liked control priests and I haven’t had this much fun in a long time. I’ve decided though to rename the archetype ‘bullshit priest’ on account of all the wacky poo poo you can pull out of your rear end.

I’ve paired it with the Pop star Anduin to maximise the irritation my opponents feel.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

AnacondaHL posted:

I queued up 3 games in wild for quests, and all 3 were mirror matches of this :rubby:

Hey now, some people are playing Kingsbane too!

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Standard ranked is 80% DK, blood or frost. Cool.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

There are a lot of DK cards I'd like to see get nerfed, but one in particular I'd like to see is Vampiric Blood.

Maybe instead it should be "Give your hero +5 maximum (empty) Health. Spend 3 Corpses to heal 5 Health."

I'm not really sure why that spell has card draw in the first place.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

Yeah this is an issue, but we know they'll balance it with the first true balance patch. That's what keeps me playing when things seem stupid, I know they are committed to change.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Desert Bus posted:

Hey now, some people are playing Kingsbane too!
My stick now

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Scholtz posted:

There are a lot of DK cards I'd like to see get nerfed, but one in particular I'd like to see is Vampiric Blood.

Maybe instead it should be "Give your hero +5 maximum (empty) Health. Spend 3 Corpses to heal 5 Health."

I'm not really sure why that spell has card draw in the first place.

When was the last time you saw someone play Healing Touch? The card is vastly worse without the draw. Which maybe it needs, but tempo-negative survival tools generally don’t get played unless they’ve got something else going on.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Julio Cruz posted:

it seems to do really well at controlling the board with all the buffed-up rushers and then hits you in the face with a Windfury Reborn One-Analgam Band until you’re dead

Yeah, plus if you save amalgam of the deep for the same turn you can drop the buff totem you have a high chance to discover an extra one amalgam band since there's so few neutral totems.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tbh Enrage warrior still outperforms Menagerie Warrior

you can just slot in the new tools from FoL like an instrument tech for greater Imbued Axe consistency and keep on trucking

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

bravesword posted:

When was the last time you saw someone play Healing Touch? The card is vastly worse without the draw. Which maybe it needs, but tempo-negative survival tools generally don’t get played unless they’ve got something else going on.

good

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Mr Beens posted:

maybe things are different at whatever rank you’re at but I’m not seeing anything remotely like that (I’m at platinum 7 currently). I’m getting a good mix of classes, and when I do get a DK opponent there is a good mix of archetypes. I see a bunch of Mages, rogues, priests, Pallies and DKs; a moderate amount of Druids; a small amount of demon hunters and warlocks and almost no warriors and hunters and shaman.

I think pure dude paladin and thief control priest are at least as good as any DK archetype, possibly better.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

maybe things are different at whatever rank you’re at but I’m not seeing anything remotely like that (I’m at platinum 7 currently). I’m getting a good mix of classes, and when I do get a DK opponent there is a good mix of archetypes. I see a bunch of Mages, rogues, priests, Pallies and DKs; a moderate amount of Druids; a small amount of demon hunters and warlocks and almost no warriors and hunters and shaman.

I think pure dude paladin and thief control priest are at least as good as any DK archetype, possibly better.

I usually finish each month at diamond , currently struggling to get out of loving gold. The only games I've won in the last 3 days have been when I've played DK myself.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

As much as I like both DK and priest; most of my games I’ve played pure dude pally (the VS list).

Edit: and as we speak My blood control DK just lost to a hunter, maybe the second one I’ve encountered since I’ve been playing this expac.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 17, 2023

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

As much as I like both DK and priest; most of my games I’ve played pure dude pally (the VS list).

Edit: and as we speak My blood control DK just lost to a hunter, maybe the second one I’ve encountered since I’ve been playing this expac.

I've started running Face Hunter because it turns out the best way to stop blood DK is to just keep hitting them in the face really hard

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I haven't played much Battlegrounds recently but with the new expansion figured I'd go back into the swing a little and wow, why did they murder Queen Wagtoggle? She used to have kind of a fun hero power to try and build around but now I don't even know what you're supposed to do with her.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
quit and requeue another lobby.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I've started running Face Hunter because it turns out the best way to stop blood DK is to just keep hitting them in the face really hard

Oh god, I love face hunter. I think that's why I like frost aggro DK so much; it's face hunter, but blue. What's your list?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

NorgLyle posted:

I haven't played much Battlegrounds recently but with the new expansion figured I'd go back into the swing a little and wow, why did they murder Queen Wagtoggle? She used to have kind of a fun hero power to try and build around but now I don't even know what you're supposed to do with her.

I think at some point they decided that they didn't like having so many hero powers that meant you would end up with several boring early units in your final comp solely because you bought them early and it's never worth trading them out because nothing could be better than continually using your hero power on it. And they're probably right about that, but some of the changed designs are better than others.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Mayveena posted:

Yeah this is an issue, but we know they'll balance it with the first true balance patch. That's what keeps me playing when things seem stupid, I know they are committed to change.

I’d rather they committed to foresight, so we don’t have to live beta each environment for them. Anyone could have told them Blood DK effectively not rotating any cards was going to be strong in a rotated environment, it’s not a big ask to maybe preempt that.

And even if you assume internal QA couldn’t work that out (and that’s how physical card games work, so they can) you had the competitive and streaming sides to point it out.

The Lord Bude posted:

Ok thief control priest has now surpassed blood control DK to be my absolute favourite deck ever..
Allow me on behalf of so many people to say gently caress You specifically.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

fanny packrat posted:

Oh god, I love face hunter. I think that's why I like frost aggro DK so much; it's face hunter, but blue. What's your list?

I know there are some things that can be done to make it better, but I'm not crafting anything for at least another week or so.

### no think shoot face
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Barbed Nets
# 2x (1) Batty Guest
# 2x (1) Bunch of Bananas
# 2x (1) Trinket Tracker
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Arrow Smith
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 2x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 2x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 2x (3) Ancient Krakenbane
# 1x (3) Rowdy Fan
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Jungle Jammer
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
#
AAECAYoWBtu5BOKkBfTIBefKBdrQBa+eBgydsASIsgTA0wS44wTB4wTM5ATQ5ASqpAXoygXk9QXS+AWwngYAAA==
#

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

They are going to live beta it. There’s no qa alive that can cover all possibilities. And streamers can’t predict impact any better than they can. You can also say no other deck has *yet* to compete. The expansion has only been out for a week, and in general control decks take a longer time to perfect.

Imo they are correct to wait the two weeks, excepting obvious cases like the nerfs we just got.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Tin Tim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyl0T4-XxRM

Not sure about the deck being good but a juiced Rommath sure is

0-4 with this tonight and it has the same problem as the last version I tried where I just have nothing to play early and my hand gets clogged up

it's more likely that I'm just terrible though

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Mayveena posted:

They are going to live beta it. There’s no qa alive that can cover all possibilities. And streamers can’t predict impact any better than they can. You can also say no other deck has *yet* to compete. The expansion has only been out for a week, and in general control decks take a longer time to perfect.

Imo they are correct to wait the two weeks, excepting obvious cases like the nerfs we just got.

I think there's obviously a sane middle ground between 'Throw your hands up, it's impossible' and 'No, you must cover every possibility'.

See: Literally every physical CCG that has existed in the last 30 years.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think we’re in the middle ground, no deck seems overly strong to me imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Shockeh posted:

I think there's obviously a sane middle ground between 'Throw your hands up, it's impossible' and 'No, you must cover every possibility'.

See: Literally every physical CCG that has existed in the last 30 years.

I don't understand why the physical game comparison. Do you realize how many cards WotC has had to nerf?? A lot! From day one, they've had to nerf cards and they will nerf cards when they need to for the tourney environment to stay sane. Also note that nerfing cards for them is very painful as they absolutely impact people who know about the nerfs and people who don't. If they could do what Team 5 can do (ie instantly change cards) I think you'd see a lot more nerfs.