Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Black gold, Texas tea.

I appreciate that he actually checks it to see if it's cooked. Not so thrilled about chopping bone-in chicken in that fashion :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Also appreciate the Beverly Hillbillies reference :tipshat:

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

I appreciate that he actually checks it to see if it's cooked. Not so thrilled about chopping bone-in chicken in that fashion :catstare:

It actually makes it easier to eat, you just eat around the pieces of bone, you don’t have to nibble around the contours of the whole bone. But obviously it’s a choking hazard if you aren’t expecting it.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

My Armenian great-grandmother used to make something very similar when I was a kid that I can’t remember the name of and yeah it’s basically the heat from your hand and some form of acid that “cooks” the meat, although it’s more similar to the way citrus “cooks” the raw seafood in ceviche.

Anyway it’s really tasty but I wouldn’t do it with grocery store ground meat.

Kibbe?

Exchange students from Lebanon & Syria taught my mother how to make kibbe in the early ‘60s, with ground lamb. They’d bring it; Mom would grind it.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

JackBandit posted:

It actually makes it easier to eat, you just eat around the pieces of bone, you don’t have to nibble around the contours of the whole bone. But obviously it’s a choking hazard if you aren’t expecting it.

But the act of chopping fragments the otherwise intact bone into splintery pieces whereas eating around the bone simply requires one to be intentional with their bites

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Issaries posted:

Chopped with bones?
No thanks.

I’ll take your share

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

PainterofCrap posted:

Kibbe?

Exchange students from Lebanon & Syria taught my mother how to make kibbe in the early ‘60s, with ground lamb. They’d bring it; Mom would grind it.

Chi kofte, very similar to kibbe

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

JackBandit posted:

I lived in China for 5 years, got used to a lot of things that threw me off at first, but this is the one thing I never could get used to. I'm sorry, but I just don't want splinters of bone in my chicken.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

If you bite into anything there are already sharp pieces of bone in your food so this seems quite hypocritical of everybody

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3U-vnPY7Q4
delicious chinese breakfast pancakes

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I still want the lemon offal

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Is that, like, tenth generation oil or is it meant to be that colour? Even if it was fresh, I don't know if I'd be comfortable eating anything fried in oil that dark.

The bone-in chopping is very normal for Asian dishes though. Every dish of Hainanese chicken or crispy pork / fried chicken / roast duck I've ever had has been chopped up with the bones in. The cleavers they use are so sharp it's trivial to cut through the bones.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

cyberia posted:

Is that, like, tenth generation oil or is it meant to be that colour? Even if it was fresh, I don't know if I'd be comfortable eating anything fried in oil that dark.

The bone-in chopping is very normal for Asian dishes though. Every dish of Hainanese chicken or crispy pork / fried chicken / roast duck I've ever had has been chopped up with the bones in. The cleavers they use are so sharp it's trivial to cut through the bones.

Do they cook with gutter oil in Thailand too or is that strictly a Chinese thing?

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Lady had the scream locked and loaded, released it before a drop even reached the ground

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

That sure is some dark oil.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

asphaltum fried chicken

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Street food.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
At least they didn't hide the gutter flavor with fifteen different sauces

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
audio on for the cheering lol
https://i.imgur.com/iQ7W1Gh.mp4

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Dudes absolutely rock.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

dude is good.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I don't know exactly where this is but could easily be near me in the Bay Area, CA, except this dude is trying a lot harder than most. It's pretty comical how in parts of San Jose a concert will end or the bars are closing and thousands of these little carts with bacon-wrapped, mayo-topped hot dogs magically appear. Probably my favorite drunk food because they're (a) tasty as hell and (b) consistent (minus the theatricality, it seems).

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

Glottis posted:

I don't know exactly where this is but could easily be near me in the Bay Area, CA, except this dude is trying a lot harder than most. It's pretty comical how in parts of San Jose a concert will end or the bars are closing and thousands of these little carts with bacon-wrapped, mayo-topped hot dogs magically appear. Probably my favorite drunk food because they're (a) tasty as hell and (b) consistent (minus the theatricality, it seems).

Yup that's pretty common in northern Mexico, and they're the perfect drunk food. Usually pretty cheap too, like 2-3 bucks for 2 of them, usually topped with grilled greasy onions, sometimes with crushed ruffles, grilled chiles and diced tomatoes.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dude is cooking on a grill with a sheet pan on it. Props for ingenuity but it seems like it'd be harder to clean than a flat top

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJl014n1i-Q

Legitimately looks good, how can anything with butter added at so many points be bad? However I don't get why they flip the whole sandwich, remove the bread then add the meat/cheese? why not put the meat and cheese on the bottom before flipping, flip then add the cabbage on top? Seems like extra work for no gain.

edit: gently caress now my youtube is all food poo poo. now i've got to watch all this.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
drat, just rubbing the whole brick of butter onto the surface to grease it is a move I'm gonna have to steal. Seems way more fast and effective than trying to skate a little pat of butter around for those situations where it has to be butter and not oil

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fanelien posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJl014n1i-Q

Legitimately looks good, how can anything with butter added at so many points be bad? However I don't get why they flip the whole sandwich, remove the bread then add the meat/cheese? why not put the meat and cheese on the bottom before flipping, flip then add the cabbage on top? Seems like extra work for no gain.

edit: gently caress now my youtube is all food poo poo. now i've got to watch all this.

That channel is great. No annoying music, terrible commentary or obnoxious bloggers making faces for the camera, just delicious food being produced by hardworking people with ambient sounds :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JsGmpJt9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMyNkR7kN-w

edit: lol

americans love their pink slurry, it's true

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 15, 2023

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Choking to death on my after dinner pepto mochi

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Otana posted:

Those fileting skills are amazing, I've never seen anyone work from the tail end to the collar but those cuts were so smooth and practiced.

Yeah but do they just leave the pin bones in? wtf

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah but do they just leave the pin bones in? wtf

Flatfish don't have pin bones, I don't think.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
In Japan I had some super deep fried Flounder, and they took the bones out and deep fried them till you could eat them like chips

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
gently caress yeah. I made red snapper shioyaki and the fins came out like salty, crunchy fish chips. It's the best.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I’ve had korean pancakes WITH green onion, but did not know whole green onion pancakes were a thing. Totally making those whole green onion pancakes tomorrow (or soon).

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fanelien posted:

I think she's doing it to keep the bread warm/toasted since she's working with limited griddle space.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Is that just straight glucose being poured over the rice cakes at one point?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No way that's an actual half a ton of chicken

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Pyrotoad posted:

That's probably the mullyeot (rice or corn syrup) that's being added. It's part of the recipe, to add sweetness to the dish. Sometimes people just substitute sugar.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

Don't you ever doubt an ajumma ever again

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

mobby_6kl posted:

No way that's an actual half a ton of chicken

SEASIA has slimmer chooks, and usually when I had it, it was rooster, keep the egg layers laying eggs. From the stores own chooks or a family friend etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/ptg8KZw.mp4