Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I think Sylvia Plath coined that metaphor while critiquing bioware romances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

I am appalled at such an absurd accusation. As Emily Dickinson once said, "All women are queens, slay queen yaaaasss"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sí.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Prof. Spaceman posted:

I am appalled at such an absurd accusation. As Emily Dickinson once said, "All women are queens, slay queen yaaaasss"

Absolutely incorrect. You fool. You buffon. That was the Brontë sisters.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Prof. Spaceman posted:

Emily be dickin', son!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Is it feminist to say you can never be truly loved and all positive affections towards you are faked

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vib Rib posted:

Is it feminist to say you can never be truly loved and all positive affections towards you are faked

This mindset is how you get a political lesbian.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PhazonLink posted:

so does the marvel comic firelady have any kids?

because it reminds me of the dumb 2nd series of the Ben Ten cartoon that had a weird case of a halfhuman / halfplasma alien that lives on god drat stars.

A quiet theme of that series is that apparently humans will gently caress literally anything. The proud Star Trek tradition.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A quiet theme of that series is that apparently humans will gently caress literally anything. The proud Star Trek tradition.

Turns out aliens don't contact Earth because we keep trying to probe them.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Vib Rib posted:

I agree with BaronVonVaderham. I think a decent slice of talking heads and politicians know this, but tons don't understand it fundamentally, even at high levels. It's betrayed in so many conservative arguments, not just against the left, but amongst themselves, when they think no one is listening and all pretenses are dropped: they genuinely cannot comprehend someone with different, more egalitarian beliefs. It's why "virtue signaling" became such a powerful thing for them, and why they're constantly making arguments like "oh nobody really actually believes this, they're just trying to win social points" till it's a nationwide conspiracy. To many conservatives -- I'd even say most -- the whole world already agrees with them and shares their views, they're just pretending otherwise. Surely their opponents don't really think the homeless need help, or that trans women are women, or that black people are just as good as whites, or that poor people deserve to live, no, they're just faking it to push their agenda. Deep down, everyone already knows the truth, and it's what I already believe.

This is an offshoot of what I like to call "Felicity Kennett syndrome"

To explain: Jeff Kennett was the Premier of Victoria. A rotten corrupt monster of a man, he ended up being viscerally hated by nearly everyone in the state. Yet when he lost the election in a huge landslide his wife Felicity was quoted publicly as saying "I don't know how we lost. No-one I know voted Labor."

In this context it's "I don't know why there is even an argument. No-one I know thinks that trans people deserve rights." etc.

And on a related note. I hate it when the right-wing CHUDs complain about "virtue signalling." Because what is wearing your red MAGA hat to the supremarket but signaling to others your political views? Others that don't give a poo poo and just want to buy their milk and bread in peace.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There was a grain of truth in the 'virtue signalling' thing given it came about at the height of the tumblr plague (before the actual plague) and in the late Obama era it became pretty clear how many self identifying liberals were suspiciously lacking meaningful action on the things they claimed to care about, but it was still very much at best the pot calling the kettle black.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BrigadierSensible posted:

And on a related note. I hate it when the right-wing CHUDs complain about "virtue signalling." Because what is wearing your red MAGA hat to the supremarket but signaling to others your political views?
Vice signaling, clearly.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

This is an offshoot of what I like to call "Felicity Kennett syndrome"

To explain: Jeff Kennett was the Premier of Victoria. A rotten corrupt monster of a man, he ended up being viscerally hated by nearly everyone in the state. Yet when he lost the election in a huge landslide his wife Felicity was quoted publicly as saying "I don't know how we lost. No-one I know voted Labor."

In this context it's "I don't know why there is even an argument. No-one I know thinks that trans people deserve rights." etc.

And on a related note. I hate it when the right-wing CHUDs complain about "virtue signalling." Because what is wearing your red MAGA hat to the supremarket but signaling to others your political views? Others that don't give a poo poo and just want to buy their milk and bread in peace.

Ahh, Jeff Kennett. He was on TV the other day talking about something, I couldn't hear what he was saying but I reflexively told him to shut up and used an Australian word to refer to him. I was then informed that he was actually railing against paying for state funerals for non-government figures considering Shane Warne's cost Victoria $1.6 million.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Earlier today I was scrolling across my twitter feed and good ole' Matthew McConaughy pop'd up, no big deal.

https://twitter.com/TonyRobbins/status/1645493040541253632?s=20

But then I hear this other dudes voice, I know I've seen him from somewhere...

https://twitter.com/IrisIDProtect/status/1306237164020207617?s=20

Since when did McConaughy turn into a grifting loser? :dafuq:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that he has always been a bit of a weirdo so this isn't surprising, he may be a true believer

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I remember him being chuddy from somewhere.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

glinner got unbanned from twitter (ofc) and then proceeded to tweet literally hundreds of times about trans people in 24 hours, leading me to believe that even when he was banned he was just writing ones in the tank for when he got unbanned. i realize this isnt exactly news but his level of obsession is insane.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

glinner needs to divorce his neck from his head

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I honestly believe that linehan's obsession with hating trans people will be the subject of a psychology textbook some day, presuming it doesn't come from something like a brain tumor.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Samovar posted:

I remember him being chuddy from somewhere.

be a lot cooler if he wasn't

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Please do not wish death on people, even if he's the most divorced transphobe (after Elon?)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Cicadalek posted:

I honestly believe that linehan's obsession with hating trans people will be the subject of a psychology textbook some day, presuming it doesn't come from something like a brain tumor.

Funnily enough, it's actually because of a testicle tumour.

Not kidding, he had to have one of his balls removed and whilst cooped up at home recovering, he spent too much time on the internet and his brain broke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Please do not wish death on people, even if he's the most divorced transphobe (after Elon?)

what if he survives it like mike the headless chicken

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cicadalek posted:

Well sure, then it would be in a neurology textbook.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

his head would be left swimming in a tank, thinking naughty terfy thoughts to tweet

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TinTower posted:

Not kidding, he had to have one of his balls removed and whilst cooped up at home recovering, he spent too much time on the internet and his brain broke.

You know we joke a lot about "lazy writing" etc

But this is really something else. It's like a particularly low-effort Woody Allen concept

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Data Graham posted:

You know we joke a lot about "lazy writing" etc

But this is really something else. It's like a particularly low-effort Woody Allen concept

"I'm less of a man now because of my half-scrote, I must make it my mission to insult every single trans person to their face so I can feel better about my situation."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

TinTower posted:

Maybe the cancer metastisized to his brain?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Earlier today I was scrolling across my twitter feed and good ole' Matthew McConaughy pop'd up, no big deal.

https://twitter.com/TonyRobbins/status/1645493040541253632?s=20

But then I hear this other dudes voice, I know I've seen him from somewhere...

https://twitter.com/IrisIDProtect/status/1306237164020207617?s=20

I feel like seeing tony robbins tweet things is a pretty big red flag in and of itself...

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/AndrewHulshult/status/1647793429420683265

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kids these days, no piracy ethic

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

you ever drive a lincoln?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the 2nd layer is also the kid doing audio snippets using other programs too.

like christ kid, theres recording apps use them and then upload them to notGoogle drive.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

his head would be left swimming in a tank, thinking naughty terfy thoughts to tweet
I always knew Project PYRRHO was up to no good.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I’d say they are neck-and-neck

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Zero_Grade posted:

I always knew Project PYRRHO was up to no good.

SPECIMEN WAS TERMINATED FOR THIS POST

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I live in a very liberal area in California, and every so often you see someone with a Trump covid mask (:ironicat:) or shirt wandering around the local Trader Joes, CLEARLY spoiling for a fight. Like literally making pointed eye contact with people, daring them to say something.

My favorite response is a quiet little "Oh, bless [their] heart..." to my partner, in my thickest Southern accent. :allears:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Read After Burning posted:

I live in California

My condolences

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
PETA is low-hanging fruit, I know....but it's 2023 and we're still doing this "pouring salt on meat = IT'S ALIVE, HEART STILL BEATING!!!" poo poo?

(Censored in case you don't feel like staring at raw meat or whatever.)

https://twitter.com/PETAUK/status/1647917842338021377

oldpainless posted:

My condolences

:420: :kiddo: :420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt that how electricity was discovered. sort of.

a chemist had a bunch of metal plates, acids , salt rich liquids and a pair of frog legs in his messy lab and then he did a thing that made the legs twitch.

that would be a pretty cool lab demo.