Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Firebert posted:

Why does he need to be anybody, why can’t he just be a guy? He’s barely even a character as it is!

He's Cecil's long lost brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

FuturePastNow posted:

The "six weeks" thing is a weekly quest that takes a few minutes to do but the reward from it (besides seeing a conclusion to the story) is the longest title in the game. You're not missing much

I enjoyed the conclusion. It is a bummer that it takes so long to get to it, though.

Mainwaring posted:

Next Mogtome event starts 24th April https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/mogmog-collection/202304/y7377p4z7j

These events are almost always 4weeks before a patch, meaning it's a fairly safe bet that 6.4 will drop 23rd May. This would mean the next savage tier unlocks on 30th May.

I'm excited for this now that I have nearly fully gotten my Blue Mage online!!!

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 17, 2023

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Deviant posted:

i'm sorry, your what

the great about FFXIV isn't being a catboy, it's getting ear scritches from others

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

FuturePastNow posted:

The "six weeks" thing is a weekly quest that takes a few minutes to do but the reward from it (besides seeing a conclusion to the story) is the longest title in the game. You're not missing much

I want all the ng+ boxes filled in becaue i have brain worms

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dragongem posted:

I enjoyed the conclusion. It is a bummer that it takes so long to get to it, though.

I liked having something to come back to every week.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sometimes I luck out and don't really need anything from the mogtomes, that is not this time

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Guess I need to finally unlock Paradigm's Breach, huh

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
Oh good, I only need at least 170 mogtomes this time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait a dungeon has a mount?

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I think I only need the ram this time which is nice.

A little late to RP talk but I decorated my FC room up like the Velvet Room. I should RP by telling anyone that comes in that they are fated to die. Or become a blue mage.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Mogtome event has mount rewards and Tower gives the most Mogtomes

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Magitek Predator is a rare drop from the final boss of Ala Mhigo. I don't believe there are any others from 4 man dungeons.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Arist posted:

The Mogtome event has mount rewards and Tower gives the most Mogtomes

I think they're surprised Ala Mhigo drops a mount. I was too when it dropped

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Oh, right

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
Short of BLU shenanigans, what looks like the most efficient route in terms of tome vs time?
It's PvP, isn't it?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yeah and also surprised it's the superior looking magitek armor.(sorry maggie)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
jesus. maybe i'll get to Shadowbringers before this ends

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

New SamuRoe Glam

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Ionicpsycho posted:

Short of BLU shenanigans, what looks like the most efficient route in terms of tome vs time?
It's PvP, isn't it?

simply embrace BLU shenanigans instead

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I mean blu shenanigans are usually easy to setup, you really only need a few abilities, most of which are soloable, or only need the help of one other level 90. Plus you get a head start on the blu grind to 80.

What is going to be the best level 80 blu powerlevelling? The one beach in thavnair with the crabs maybe?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mainwaring posted:

Next Mogtome event starts 24th April https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/mogmog-collection/202304/y7377p4z7j

These events are almost always 4weeks before a patch, meaning it's a fairly safe bet that 6.4 will drop 23rd May. This would mean the next savage tier unlocks on 30th May.

Oh gently caress. The Magitek Predator Key.

Good rewards on this one imo. Probably one of the better moogle troves in recent memory.

Time to dust off my blue mage.

Ionicpsycho posted:

It's PvP, isn't it?

If you don't have your BLU leveled yet, just have someone in this thread power level you. I've powerleveled multiple people in my FC. Takes about an hour per person to go from 1-70.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 17, 2023

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Ionicpsycho posted:

It's PvP, isn't it?
Grab a few friends and speedrun through your dungeon of choice

DelphiAegis posted:

What is going to be the best level 80 blu powerlevelling? The one beach in thavnair with the crabs maybe?
This is what Blue Academy has on it:

quote:

Thavnair in general is unappealling because while there are small pockets of good density mobs, they're kind of far from anything else (such as the beach in the soutwest).
Labyrinthos is largely the same, but it has a couple relatively large pockets of mobs we could use.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

Is this a reportable thing or am i being an rear end in a top hat here? I did the last nier raid bullshit last night ( :stare: ) and it was kinda insane, the battle mechanics i mean and not in a fun way either.

There was a healer in my party and they just gave up and died in the first fight, it looked like they had disconnected or something so after the 2nd or 3rd fight when the other healer was struggling to keep us alive, i went to vote dismiss the afk healer and i couldnt cos they were rolling for items and winning them while not active in any of the fights lol. We get to the end and everyone leaves and i stick around and they just get up, take their winning items and exit.

Tbf i think it only really annoyed me cos goddamn the nier raid sucks poo poo (and now to finish it off takes 6 real in games weeks lol comeonnn) and we all had to suffer cept bunnyboy.

I had a similar thing with a MCH in that raid. Each fight they'd die like twice and then reset to the start rather than stay in the fight, which yeah, just seemed like they didn't want to do it but also wouldn't leave.

Those fights are kind of tough, but not "I give up you guys do it" tough.

Edit: They do need some kind of rebalance though, just to speed them up a small amount. The Endwalker raids are comparably much easier and quicker, which is kind of striking.

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 17, 2023

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
So probably the nw corner of laby. That makes sense.

Pro tip for anyone powerlevelling a blu mage: make it a cross world party. This allows you to keep party chat, but all mob xp/credit works the same as if you were solo.

DelphiAegis fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 17, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Finally, that weird cave on the east side of Labyrinthos will have a reason to exist.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

iPodschun posted:

Grab a few friends and speedrun through your dungeon of choice

Reasonable shot A1 speedfarming might be faster than dungeons.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Irregular tomestones of mendacity huh? So, like, tomestones from Allagan flat earthers and imperial apologists?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"Only a man of power can rightly steer the course of civilization. And in these irregular tomestones of mendacity, that one truth will prove its salvation."

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I am still convinced that was the name of a tomestone tier specifically because of how much Gaius's speech got memed on.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

goated hairstyle on mogtomes

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Failboattootoot posted:

Reasonable shot A1 speedfarming might be faster than dungeons.
My assumption for Alex fights was A4. No trash pulls, no running, just start hitting the boss. I think with random groups during ShB the fight would end in about 2 minutes so it was my choice for the 30x6 relic step.

For Blue Mages, Cutter's Cry is going to be a decent option too:

quote:

vibe check first packs, missile boss, skip second bit, missile boss, vibe check last trash, moon flute and sting boss

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I wish all the ponytails didn't have side bangs. It looks really bad on my highlandude I think

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I wish all the ponytails didn't have side bangs. It looks really bad on my highlandude I think

tbh most of the new hair except for the extremely short hair just out ...look weird on male characters. I'm like mods are illegal but on the other hand, I just wanted more short hair options that look good on my bun.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I recently had Nightmare drop from doing EXs for catbook. Part of me is relieved I won't be wanting to collect tomes for it, part of me is slightly annoyed my cool rare horse is slightly less rare.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dareon posted:

I recently had Nightmare drop from doing EXs for catbook. Part of me is relieved I won't be wanting to collect tomes for it, part of me is slightly annoyed my cool rare horse is slightly less rare.

I'm a baby so doing the trials unsynced is how I got a bunch of those mounts (I recently got the Blissful Kamuy Lakshmi one by doing it solo a few times on DRK)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

bobtheconqueror posted:

Edit: They do need some kind of rebalance though, just to speed them up a small amount. The Endwalker raids are comparably much easier and quicker, which is kind of striking.

This feels like a failing of the EW raids (mostly the recent one) rather than the ShB ones

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Countblanc posted:

This feels like a failing of the EW raids (mostly the recent one) rather than the ShB ones

That's fair. I'd actually say the EW raids aren't all that much easier, as the mechanics are still fairly challenging, but the fights just go faster which makes them less of a slog and makes mistakes less frequent and costly. Some people don't like the Rabanastre raids, but I do think those strike a good balance of being mechanically tough while not lasting forever.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah the Nier raids could stand to lose like 15-20% HP across the board.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I haven't run any of the older alliance raids in ages, but how long do they actually take?

Euphrosyne still routinely takes 35+ minutes for me, based on food expiring before Menphina is pulled. It's a joke of a raid but that feels like it's on the long end looking back at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There's already parts of Copied Factory that have been consigned to historical footnotes because of damage skips since like 5.1., 5.2 at the latest.