Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
humans waves innit'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

humans waves innit'

human waves of convicts

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Regarde Aduck posted:

Lazer pig got big making a video about why the T-34 was actually a bad tank and Russians are dumb animals
went back to look at an old post of mine and i don't know who lazerpig is but i thought your post might be related and sure enough

Truga posted:

this is what the recommended feed looks like on pentagon wars clips these days lmfao

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
The M2 Bradley is an outstanding armored vehicle

:blessed:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

bedpan posted:

I jumped around in it a bit before jumping out. This stuff makes me feel like I'm losing my mind. We will see who ends up wrong.

It isn’t that hard to just say unsourced statements on YouTube. I bit the bullet and did the same thing as you did, and from what I saw was 90% nonsense he dreamed up.

Any of us could do the same thing if we had no shame.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Grid 88 :thunk:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OctaMurk posted:

lol

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That was the first thing I noticed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

just wanted to pop my head in to say it's super weird how fuckin bloodthirsty people apparently are

like, this was someone's response to me saying I think the US should be using its influence to try to bring about peace quickly to save lives instead of taking advantage of the war as a proxy to strengthen its business interests

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

Makes it more impressive that the Soviets managed to win the war with a bad tank and dumb soldiers imo.

Interesting, but what if it's that nazis have the worst tanks and are dumber than pigs?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Colonel James Burton ftw

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

loquacius posted:

just wanted to pop my head in to say it's super weird how fuckin bloodthirsty people apparently are

like, this was someone's response to me saying I think the US should be using its influence to try to bring about peace quickly to save lives instead of taking advantage of the war as a proxy to strengthen its business interests

Well escalating to a global nuclear war would technically be the quickest way to end the war, so they're not wrong

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Slavyangrad posted:

Another one went: the German tank Leopard 2A4 had its turret blown off before the battles
In the course of preparations in Poland, going down a hill, the tank stuck its gun into the ground and the turret came off.
(from t.me/Slavyangrad/42322, via tgsa)

it's probably bullshit but lol anyways

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

loquacius posted:

somebody was explaining to me earlier today how sending weapons into a war is not supporting the war if the weapons are being used to make sure the good side wins

people said this upthread already, but there's a lot of hollywood-brain going on around this conflict

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
it's good to send weapons to defeat an imperialist power op

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

OctaMurk posted:

M2 designation for a totally unrelated vehicle is absolutely trying to play off the adoration for the M1

It's like the "F"-117

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Panzeh posted:

I don’t think China has in any serious sense.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Panzeh posted:

so how many guns have you personally sent to the taliban?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
bring on the tortured explanations for how the novorossiya project isn't actually imperialist and the bizarre idea that the dpr wasn't formed by nazis

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
War consumes lives

Arms transfers prolong the war

A prolonged war consumes more lives

Ergo,

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Panzeh posted:

bring on the tortured explanations for how the novorossiya project isn't actually imperialist and the bizarre idea that the dpr wasn't formed by nazis

It was a tough day, but it is going to be okay.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Panzeh posted:

is this imperialist power in the room with you?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Panzeh posted:

so do you imagine that the brokered peace I am calling for involves russia taking over ukraine or what

what it comes down to is, is your goal "to save lives" or "to inflict harm on a threat to American business interests"

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
it's to protect the 'rules based international order'

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what a weird day to come troll the thread considering the funny drama today produced

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

loquacius posted:

so do you imagine that the brokered peace I am calling for involves russia taking over ukraine or what

what it comes down to is, is your goal "to save lives" or "to inflict harm on a threat to American business interests"

yeah it probably would if you wanted to end it as soon as possible

the goal is to defeat an imperialist power using nazi proxies like the wagner group and the rusich battalion to seize territory in a neighboring country, to stymie their goals in increasing their territorial extent and destroying ukraine

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Panzeh posted:

yeah it probably would if you wanted to end it as soon as possible

the goal is to defeat an imperialist power using nazi proxies like the wagner group and the rusich battalion to seize territory in a neighboring country, to stymie their goals in increasing their territorial extent and destroying ukraine

hey if/when Ukraine invades the DPR and genocides everyone there are you going to claim Russia killed their own people or are you just gonna admit it while you masturbate over pictures of bodies?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Panzeh posted:

the goal is to help imperialist powers using nazi proxies like the wagner group and the azov battalion to destroy ukraine

fyp

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Panzeh posted:

It's kind of interesting how many levels of propaganda someone would have to be on to think that Ukraine isn't nazis while the DPR is.

Like I understand where the "Ukraine isn't nazis" or the "Ukraine is nazis but we should still support them" opinions come from, but thinking that "only Russia/the DPR is nazis" requires a pretty powerful mental filter.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
he isn't under any propaganda, this guys just classic alt-right who ended up aligned with the libs when they shifted rightwards in response to the war

fucker knows exactly what's going on and loves it

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Ytlaya posted:

It's kind of interesting how many levels of propaganda someone would have to be on to think that Ukraine isn't nazis while the DPR is.

Like I understand where the "Ukraine isn't nazis" or the "Ukraine is nazis but we should still support them" opinions come from, but thinking that "only Russia/the DPR is nazis" requires a pretty powerful mental filter.

lol just completely ignoring the dpr nazis ok, ok

dk2m
May 6, 2009

tazjin posted:

somebody was explaining to me earlier today how sending weapons into a war is not supporting the war if the weapons are being used to make sure the good side wins

people said this upthread already, but there's a lot of hollywood-brain going on around this conflict

it’s mostly because everyone’s sense of history is basically ww2 and that’s it. and that too, just the surface level nazi vs. good guy.

and then actual Nazis show up in this conflict, with a Nazi flag prominently used and displayed all the time, with the president himself appearing sometimes next to the Nazi flag lol.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

What happened, why are the idiot trolls back?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Panzeh posted:

lol just completely ignoring the dpr nazis ok, ok

yeah like you ignore the Ukrainian nazis

cool huh? Hope you have more material because we're going in circles now.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

d&d's foremost Ukraine superstar poster autobanned after doxxing someone so the weirdos are out looking for blood

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

A lot of likeminded goons fell on their swords because they took their stars or where outed as freaks so we are bound to get a few others here to rage at the enemy that is completely oblivious to their suffering

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

No it doesn't, you simply need to shift your definitions so that "nazi" means "the guys I don't like" and "not nazi" means "my guys".

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

unless im confusing this weirdo with another one this guy accused the entire thread of being nazis

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

HallelujahLee posted:

unless im confusing this weirdo with another one this guy accused the entire thread of being nazis

he just thinks it's funny because he's one of the more obvious right wing posters who now has a lot of new allies because of this war

he might be smart enough to realise how hosed up that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's a bit disappointing that ukraine superstars aren't even Ukrainian.

Even the forum wars are just another proxy conflict.