Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I reformatted my computer before this league and couldn't figure out why awakened poe trade wasn't returning any results when I was searching for items. Turns out when I reinstalled it defaulted to ruthless. Goddamnit, Chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Anyone ever sold boss carry services on TFT?

I was wondering if it's a steady stream of income or really sparse.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Early league it's good money, later on it can be rough. You need a lot of vouches to charge market rates.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
technically everything in PoE is deterministic with enough imprinting

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Balor's thoughts on melee players in PoE

https://clips.twitch.tv/AcceptableFaintChinchillaPeteZaroll-yHxQ-_Umfo5TgjhL

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

How boring and small

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is certainly a take

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I watched him this morning with his bow build, his cast on death setup was definitely working as intended. :shrug:

Was taking a break as a Scion and saw they now have Prismatic Burst as their first support gem... it looks interesting tbh.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
he's right, melee players should just stop playing the game imho. stop trying to make GGG balance the game better!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Big words from the guy hyping his dom blow build for several leagues

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Papercut posted:

Big words from the guy hyping his dom blow build for several leagues

lol I'd forgotten all about that build.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm trying to figure out which scarabs I should use when I map. Generally I map during the week during the day., Accrue contracts/ blueprints and run contracts at night, and blueprints during the weekend. I'm specced into Heist, delirium, and Alva. This means that a lot of the scarabs for juicing maps don't really apply to me.

So I've been using elder/shaper, a metamorph, and then the third is iffy. I've tried tormented scarabs which are okay. Ambush seem like they could be good, but they are priced for the gigajuice methods which I feel like I won't get the value out of if I buy in bulk. Any thoughts on optimal scarabs in my situation?

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Like you'd want something that adds a ton of pack size without slowing you down, which Abyss, and Legion, which both pause the delirium a bit. Alternatively, you can do some stuff and run specific maps for cards and drop the card scarab in there.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Balor is being a shithead here. if d4 is even remotely playable, it'll eat a whooole bunch of melee enjoyers at least for some time. Barb's autoswap to bonk from 4(!) weapon sets sounds cool as hell

I have to question ggg's priorities if they think that melee has been in a good spot since 3.7 rework in general, and the introduction and subsequent giganerfing of slams. And then there's bleed. And everything about glad.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Melee is allowed to be good for at most one league at a time, per GGG

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Do Ritual events hold up long-term? I really enjoy the mechanic of simply killing monsters and then picking out nice loot.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats the nice thing about the atlas tree. you can spec into basically whatever you want and it will be pretty good. ritual might not be the absolute best money maker but it isnt bad and if you like it thats the most important thing.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

barb in d4 is great and may actually be THE endgame class, with like some of the best clear with whirlwind and whatnot. apparently you CAN make melee good and fun

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Boneshatter is fun and I know poison MS is great this league but I'd like for Melee to get some sort of niche to where it's more generally good. I like my jugg well enough this league, though bossing blows rear end.

It's clear is never going to be as good as range, and it's ST is pretty bad outside of gimmicky stuff like the above poison MS. Bring Slams back to their old level of relative power, and add a few mechanics to either allow melee to survive in melee better (in a way that range/minions can't use), or give them some sort of ability to still do decent damage while ducking around in melee.

In theory, melee gets a lot of cool defensive tools, but unlike in a more class based game like diablo, that just leads to range builds getting options to go tankier and melee sucking even more comparatively.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Do Ritual events hold up long-term? I really enjoy the mechanic of simply killing monsters and then picking out nice loot.

I like it as a little booster to my delirium setup. The always-4 node and 2 of the +4% chance nodes means it shows up as a nice map juicer pretty frequently

Deki fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 17, 2023

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zotix posted:

I'm trying to figure out which scarabs I should use when I map. Generally I map during the week during the day., Accrue contracts/ blueprints and run contracts at night, and blueprints during the weekend. I'm specced into Heist, delirium, and Alva. This means that a lot of the scarabs for juicing maps don't really apply to me.

So I've been using elder/shaper, a metamorph, and then the third is iffy. I've tried tormented scarabs which are okay. Ambush seem like they could be good, but they are priced for the gigajuice methods which I feel like I won't get the value out of if I buy in bulk. Any thoughts on optimal scarabs in my situation?

If you're focusing on specific content, then you usually don't want to add any content that will slow you down. I would go for scarabs that only add drops (cartography, divination, reliquary, suplhite kind of). There's also the option of not using scarabs at all, either through Stream of Consciousness or just using sacrifice fragments for extra quant, or using Growing Hordes for extra pack size.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Melee Rogue in the D4 beta felt super loving fun and Twisting Blades felt like a well thought out melee gem with a melee / projectile / duration component.

Imo druid felt like rear end. I didn't play barb much.

External Organs fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 17, 2023

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Timbs posted:

I think ritual is cool. Here's some good discussion on it. It's gonna be long stages of meh with the occasional huge payout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AbjGMxSXQM

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
I dont like the fact that melee is “bad” but i kinda get it?

To make melee shine against ranged you’d ultimately either need to nerf ranged dps/tankiness (unfun) or buff melee to the point where you can essentially either tank n spank everything or twoshot everything (unfun).

Personally, id rather have my screen clearing ranged builds intact, lol.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

idk, my theory is people just want slams to be good again and the complaining would stop if they were

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Zmej posted:

idk, my theory is people just want slams to be good again and the complaining would stop if they were

:hmmyes:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

After loving around in POB I've decided that Prismatic Burst is completely useless.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i still remember my first great and most fun to date build being molten strike occultist, if they made that poo poo viable again i'd probably come back

coc forbidden rite did get pretty close, but gently caress farming 50div before your build is even online, that molten strike poo poo worked on 50c

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Check out Jung's poison ms assassin. Viable as pf at least too. Molten strike is absolutely valuable in this wild era of vengeant cascade.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

After loving around in POB I've decided that Prismatic Burst is completely useless.

Bummer, what did you have hooked up to?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Zmej posted:

People complained about melee being bad in slam's heyday, dismissing it as just slams and just good for SSFHC

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

i would prefer that they delete the slam vs strike debacle and also undo the "new attack animation system"

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I miss the ground slam impale exploder build

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Fist of war was the coolest support gem they ever made pre-nerf.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

People will complain about melee being bad until Wild Strike destroys bosses on starter gear and Cyclone clears the whole screen again. It has nothing to do with the actual power of the archetype

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Wuxi posted:

People will complain about melee being bad until Wild Strike destroys bosses on starter gear and Cyclone clears the whole screen again. It has nothing to do with the actual power of the archetype

this but everything in the game

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
im of the strong opinions that one of the core issues with melee and to a lesser extent bows is the whole weapon damage system.

with spells and some attacks you just need to scale gem level for exponential increases. while gem level is practically useless for attack builds because it gives gently caress and all. needing double or triple prefixes in order to start dealing reasonable damage horribly kneecaps the ability for melee to do anything. skills like bone zone are the exception because they have natural scaling built in, which is why it's so successful on jugg the ascendancy with little to no damage built into it.

and the uptime issues, the changes to fortify etc all push melee into more and more niche directions.

FZeroRacer fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 17, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wow so that sucker punch at the end of act 5 can eat my entire butthole.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

losing resists?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I'd love to see more stance mechanics/stronger stances. They actually had a great idea with the stance change mastery giving you adrenaline but I mean it was unfortunately obviously busted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Zmej posted:

give boneshatter the Slam tag. easy as