Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Grassy Knowles posted:

Fritz also edited the autoban message of the goon who CZS doxed without informing anyone else.

This, like many others of the recent past, is far from my favorite legend.

Wait wait, I'm pretty sure CZS didn't doxx anyone did they? It was that freeasinbeer guy.

Two-ish? Lady Radia and who else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lib and let Die but that was some time ago, the issue being that he changed accounts due to being doxxed and CZS decided to unmask his rereg

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a poster got doxxed and reregged to avoid the doxx. cinci zoo sniper outed their rereg because they didnt like them. they autobanned and explained this but fritz the horse edited the post to hide it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ironic(?) maybe since there's no way I'm delving further into the details of that freakshow but when I initially complained that I thought the horse gimmick was weird someone explained to me that he did the horse thing because his old account was doxxed on a job application or something.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

EasilyConfused posted:

Wait wait, I'm pretty sure CZS didn't doxx anyone did they? It was that freeasinbeer guy.

CZS outed someone as being a rereg of Lib and let die, who got doxxed a few months ago and chose to register a new account rather than buy their old one back after getting banned.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Endorph posted:

a poster got doxxed and reregged to avoid the doxx. cinci zoo sniper outed their rereg because they didnt like them. they autobanned and explained this but fritz the horse edited the post to hide it.

Wait, Lady Radia was a lib and let die rereg? Or was that a separate thing?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EasilyConfused posted:

Wait, Lady Radia was a lib and let die rereg?
i see your username is accurate

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
to be clear the LALD stuff happened some time back but got brought up again due to some insane things CZS did in that thread, including posting a spreadsheet of SAD's Most Toxic Members

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

EasilyConfused posted:

Wait, Lady Radia was a lib and let die rereg? Or was that a separate thing?

can you stop the lovely username gimmick please

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

all of this sucked because it cost us a poster who made good funny posts because she made the mistake of trusting an admin who would rp being a horse for some reason

it bears repeating that this was a really lovely, not-entertaining situation with actual consequences to a beloved poster.

EasilyConfused posted:

CZS made the first spreadsheets, faib made the second spreadsheets. Neither spreadsheet was doxing. Lady Radia and faib had an offsite history of some kind, and faib posted pms between the two of them that included PII after having tried clearing that action from fritz and fritz did not pay it enough heed. This led to LR autobanning.

CZS doxed another poster, LALD on their alt after their main was doxed, was unapologetic toward it, and when that person autobanned blaming CZS with a body that was ? the body of their autoban was edited by Fritz.

LR and LALD are different people.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
No, it was two separate doxxing incidents which just both happened to involve Cinci and Fritz tremendously loving up.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the LALD thing all happened a while ago, but the revelation that fritz edited the text of the autoban was either today or yesterday

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the cliffs notes is that a mod posted a list of forums enemies with me at the top, and shortly afterwards he was demodded and banned, another epic w for feels villeneuve

You're getting a lot of mileage out of this joke.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Grassy Knowles posted:

CZS made the first spreadsheets, faib made the second spreadsheets. Neither spreadsheet was doxing. Lady Radia and faib had an offsite history of some kind, and faib posted pms between the two of them that included PII after having tried clearing that action from fritz and fritz did not pay it enough heed. This led to LR autobanning.

CZS doxed another poster, LALD on their alt after their main was doxed, was unapologetic toward it, and when that person autobanned blaming CZS with a body that was ? the body of their autoban was edited by Fritz.

LR and LALD are different people.

Thanks for clarifying. What a loving mess.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

American McGay posted:

Ironic(?) maybe since there's no way I'm delving further into the details of that freakshow but when I initially complained that I thought the horse gimmick was weird someone explained to me that he did the horse thing because his old account was doxxed on a job application or something.

Is this related to a goon parody website with Is Your Girlfriend a Horse quizzes that was actually an ad for something? Or have I completely imagined that it existed? Don't answer if this may somehow re-doxx the dead horse.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

cheetah7071 posted:

the LALD thing all happened a while ago, but the revelation that fritz edited the text of the autoban was either today or yesterday

It was discovered after someone pointed out that the autoban had been edited, which resulted in admins rolling in to do forum forensics and concluding that CZS had not edited the post and someone must have just misremembered it, only to have to come back an hour later to reveal that Fritz had done it using the admin panel.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I believe the (former?) poster actually owns a horse named Fritz, the one pictured in the avatar, and it was just supposed to be a whimsical rereg identity after his original got found by a job interviewer or something? Don't think it's a reference to anything besides a horse

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
did anybody do a good "poor fritz the horse, thought of X and autobanned" to emptyquote, theres a lot to catch up on

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Half of Dracula posted:

did anybody do a good "poor fritz the horse, thought of X and autobanned" to emptyquote, theres a lot to catch up on

i don't think anyone is saying poor fritz the horse

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Brute Squad posted:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Brute Squad posted:

they didn't seem that bad from their posts here. they just got in over their head on this poo poo

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
idk I kinda changed my mind about Fritz from making a mistake with bad consequences to "nah gently caress 'em" when it turned out they edited a post to cover for CZS. Fritz did fine talking to people without being a freak but fell into the other mod problem of backing up your pals when they abuse their miniscule authority

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the horse banned me once so i dunno why i was even giving him a fair shajke. gently caress that horse

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

TheSwizzler posted:

idk I kinda changed my mind about Fritz from making a mistake with bad consequences to "nah gently caress 'em" when it turned out they edited a post to cover for CZS. Fritz did fine talking to people without being a freak but fell into the other mod problem of backing up your pals when they abuse their miniscule authority

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I judge an admin on one thing only, how normal of a voice they post in. Pragmatica and Vylekin? Those are bros. Totally average people.

Hand Knit and horse guy? Freakshow poo poo. Computer generated customer service AI. Get the gently caress away from me.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

American McGay posted:

I judge an admin on one thing only, how normal of a voice they post in. Pragmatica and Vylekin? Those are bros. Totally average people.

Hand Knit and horse guy? Freakshow poo poo. Computer generated customer service AI. Get the gently caress away from me.

Tier list when?

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

also the number of times spr showed up in posts over the weekend is unbelievable. shes so powerful.
spr was great and i sincerely hope she returns incognito

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Right, to clarify, there were two parallel issues going on. I'm going to recap as best as I can but this weekend's been a blur so I'm not going to pretend this is 100% definitive, please bear with me.

Cinci posted an Excel list he insisted only took a couple minutes to compile of the most active posters in the most recent page of resolved SAD threads, so threads between around mid-March and now. It came off like a call out, he insisted it was not, but his take on it kept shifting between posts.

Meanwhile, freeasinbeer was an obsessive Ukraine war thread poster who apparently roamed between the GBS, D&D, GIP threads and maybe others if there are any besides the one in C-SPAM. He'd been agitating about a nefarious SAD crew and some plague rats the prior couple of days, and I guess he saw that name list drop and decided he wanted in on the action. He posted his own list of the top 25 posters in SAD and Fritz probated him. Fritz said freeasinbeer was PMing him about how he wanted to create a SAD thread about his list to discuss the SAD crew or some poo poo and Fritz told him not to do that.

Lady Radia said she got a creepy [in a concerned about well-being way, not sexual way] PM from freeasinbeer earlier and she was also on his numbered list. So she expressed that she was worried about him. They had some prior friendship, and freeasinbeer messaged Fritz about how he wanted to post their PMs to prove he wasn't being a sex creep. He had PMed Fritz an imgur link to the PM screenshot that Fritz didn't look at, but Fritz told him not to post anything. However, when freeasinbeer got off probation he dumped the screenshot into the SAD thread, and it included a much older conversation chain where Radia had given him IRL contact details.

Fritz should've looked at the image and/or he could've extended the probation since the guy was demonstrating he couldn't let poo poo go. I know I reported him that morning for his stupid SPR obsessive posting. Wouldn't be surprised if other people did but I'm not going to go digging in the stupid report trash bin.

Then separately, cinci and Fritz had an issue with lib and let die, where lib and let die had been doxxed by someone and had his IRL picture purchased as an avatar. He switched accounts after that and hadn't posted much on the new one, but had a few posts that led the D&D mods to think it was him. So when he was doing some lame snipe at the D&D mods in a feedback thread, cinci did a "post on your main lib and let die" type call out. And on its own that might be a "whatever" moment, but it carries some extra baggage with a mod doing that on someone who was recently doxxed. Like he said in his autoban post, cinci didn't regret that call-out at all.

After that call out, lib and let die autobanned on his alt, and the autobanned thread said something about it being cinci's fault he was autobanning. Fritz then went in and Ghost Recon-style admin edited the thread to remove that text, but told nobody about the changes he made. So two admins checked and initially told everyone it didn't look like it had been changed.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 18, 2023

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

How many lives must Microsoft Excel continue to destroy

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

a strange fowl posted:

I hope she stays away from the forums for at least a good long while because they were clearly not good for her mental health, and also what she did was really hosed up especially from the perspective of a trans goon having to see transphobic poo poo constantly plastered on the forums and thinking there were a handful of gross people on the forums doing it to her.

TheSwizzler posted:

same

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

Right, to clarify, there were two parallel issues going on. I'm going to recap as best as I can but this weekend's been a blur so I'm not going to pretend this is 100% definitive, please bear with me.

Cinci posted an Excel list he insisted only took a couple minutes to compile of the most active posters in the most recent page of resolved SAD threads, so threads between around mid-March and now. It came off like a call out, he insisted it was not, but his take on it kept shifting between posts.

Meanwhile, freeasinbeer was an obsessive Ukraine war thread poster who apparently roamed between the GBS, D&D, GIP threads and maybe others if there are any besides the one in C-SPAM. He'd been agitating about a nefarious SAD crew and some plague rats the prior couple of days, and I guess he saw that name list drop and decided he wanted in on the action. He posted his own list of the top 25 posters in SAD and Fritz probated him. Fritz said freeasinbeer was PMing him about how he wanted to create a SAD thread about his list to discuss the SAD crew or some poo poo and Fritz told him not to do that.

Lady Radia said she got a creepy [in a concerned about well-being way, not sexual way] PM from freeasinbeer earlier and she was also on his numbered list. So she expressed that she was worried about him. They had some prior friendship, and freeasinbeer messaged Fritz about how he wanted to post their PMs to prove he wasn't being a sex creep. He had PMed Fritz an imgur link to the PM screenshot that Fritz didn't look at, but Fritz told him not to post anything. However, when freeasinbeer got off probation he dumped the screenshot into the SAD thread, and it included a much older conversation chain where Radia had given him IRL contact details.

Fritz should've looked at the image and/or he could've extended the probation since the guy was demonstrating he couldn't let poo poo go. I know I reported him that morning for his stupid SPR obsessive posting. Wouldn't be surprised if other people did but I'm not going to go digging in the stupid report trash bin.

Then separately, cinci and Fritz had an issue with lib and let die, where lib and let die had been doxxed by someone and had his IRL picture purchased as an avatar. He switched accounts after that and hadn't posted much on the new one, but had a few posts that led the D&D mods to think it was him. So when he was doing some lame snipe at the D&D mods in a feedback thread, cinci did a "post on your name lib and let die" type call out. And on its own that might be a "whatever" moment, but it carries some extra baggage with a mod doing that on someone who was recently doxxed. Like he said in his autoban post, he didn't regret that at all.

After that call out, lib and let die autobanned on his alt, and the autobanned thread said something about it being cinci's fault he was autobanning. Fritz then went in and Ghost Recon-style admin edited the thread to remove that text, but told nobody about the changes he made. So two admins checked and initially told everyone it didn't look like it had been changed.
Thanks for this, I was having trouble keeping up with everything happened.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

a strange fowl posted:

No

What she did was insanely hosed up and will be used as a retort against every poster who tries to complain about hosed up av buys to diminish real victims of harassment.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

pentyne posted:

No

What she did was insanely hosed up and will be used as a retort against every poster who tries to complain about hosed up av buys to diminish real victims of harassment.

there is a capability for the system to close this hole and at this point, hell even at the point that she started doing this, the onus of fixing that issue has been on the system administration

that is not in defense of her actions, nor is it me saying I think it would be good for her to return.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

there is a capability for the system to close this hole and at this point, hell even at the point that she started doing this, the onus of fixing that issue has been on the system administration

that is not in defense of her actions, nor is it me saying I think it would be good for her to return.

we’re literally the website dedicated to making your hole as wide as possible

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wow! Now that’s what I call a saga. See y’all next week!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

idk I kinda changed my mind about Fritz from making a mistake with bad consequences to "nah gently caress 'em" when it turned out they edited a post to cover for CZS.

Ugh, same, albeit with a more disappointed tone. There's just no excuse for outright covering that up and then further not admitting it when the issue was raised.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

don't steal kirk johnson's valor, we're simply messengers of the wide hole.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

That DICK! posted:

Wow! Now that’s what I call a saga. See y’all next week!

Let's never do this again. Bloodbaths are stressful and the blood isn't even pure enough to bathe in to keep youthful. Everyone's normal now from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
i actually think the blood is pretty cool