Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Demons Souls hd2d pixel demake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

:pray:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Boozeman!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish Demon's Souls Remake could come to PC. I own the PS5 version, but I want to be able to gently caress around with mods and cheating.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

bows1 posted:

Boozeman!

Boozeman is now gonna be Tweakerman for Days Gone 2 to better reflect the times.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

bows1 posted:

Im expecting the best game of all time, and I've never played an Armored Core.

You'll get it, comrade. I have forseen.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Armored Core is a very easy game to like. Fast mechs, explosions and lots of silly dialogue.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Syphon Filter 4

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Syphon Filter 4

Oh gently caress yea please

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Dead island 2 launch trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiHalBhBMj4

The review embargo lifts tomorrow.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

Syphon Filter 4

Don’t give me hope.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I wish Demon's Souls Remake could come to PC. I own the PS5 version, but I want to be able to gently caress around with mods and cheating.

It's so frustrating that Sony's remaking games that are less than ten years old and porting them to PC while neglecting both of the Souls games they completely own.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's so frustrating that Sony's remaking games that are less than ten years old and porting them to PC while neglecting both of the Souls games they completely own.

I would even accept a Last of Us quality port, I don't even care at this point.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Days Gone or syphon filter plz

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I don't know if AC6 will be the best game ever, but it will certainly be the best JRPG.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Virgin WB buys half a State of Play to broadcast a colonoscopy of their unfinished boondoggle and then piles another year onto it, Chad Fromsoft will drop another trailer or three and release version 11.83.207

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I go through phases where I go months, sometimes even a year at a time without playing anything but since this year kicked off, I’ve been relatively busy and engrossed and actually finished some stuff for a change.

The year started with:

I didn’t have much in the way of expectations going in, it was a whopping £8.74 in the PSN sale. I knew the big event that kicked off the furore but that was all, and I wasn’t too bothered as I’ve never cared much for Naughty Dog’s shtick and didn’t rate the first one too highly. So naturally, I was very surprised how much it gripped me from start to finish. Ellie’s anger and regret over time now forever lost resonated incredibly strongly, though, uh, we differ on coping mechanisms just somewhat. Abby & Lev were a GOAT adventure pairing, the ruins of Seattle were amazing, that fucker in the hospital terrifying, and it was all round brilliant.

From there, I took a trip to the ‘past’:

Jin & Yuna murderpals 4 life. It does suffer from the usual open world bobbins (jfc how many loving fox dens?) but the locales were stunning and and I never tired of just wandering into a bunch of dudes and calling them out to come get wrecked. And as for that final trip with Jin’s uncle…oof. I still need to do the DLC but needed a break from Tsushima so maybe later in the year. Plus I probably learned more about Mongolian anything than in the previous decades combined, so result.

Next, I figured that after however many years it was time I actually go clear out my pile of shame and finish:

Alas, it never got as weird or interesting as I hoped it would but eh, another off the list at least.

Onward then! The Ballad of Annoying Bikerman:

Yeah, okay, y’all were right. Deac and the Boozeman did grow on me in the end, and Iron Mike and Rikki were stand up folks too so it wasn’t all assholes after all. Final third was kinda weird though, joining up with Colonel Berkz’ militia and him going full bugfuck mental, much preferred just hanging out with Mike’s people and, er, flooding a whole valley of psychos. I never got quite as comfortable with the hordes as that amazing photo someone posted showed but I could hold my own in the end. Kinda. Anyway, it was much better than I expected, glad I gave it a shot after all.

With the far-beyond-my-meagre-skill-level likes of Demon’s Souls and Returnal waiting in the wings, I went for a sedate and depressing walking sim to try and take my mind off an impending endoscopy (boy, did that suck).

Obviously not a lot to it but I especially loved the Halloween level and having found myself in a similar sort of solitary melancholy after a brutal last decade, I found it all rather affecting. I guess I’m just a total sap these days.

Anyway, in short, it’s nice to be in the mood for games again.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

Armored Core is a very easy game to like. Fast mechs, explosions and lots of silly dialogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbTnWpEiWl8

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mr Hootington posted:

Dead island 2 launch trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiHalBhBMj4

The review embargo lifts tomorrow.

God drat I can’t wait to see those reviews drop!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sentinel Red posted:

Anyway, in short, it’s nice to be in the mood for games again.

Good post! Thanks for sharing :D

Definitely give that GoT DLC a go when you’re ready for more. It’s fantastic. The characters and story are top notch and the new environments are gorgeous.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, the Amaterasu "boss" fight in Wild Hearts loving sucks. Such an overtuned lovely fight. I hope whoever thought of putting in beefed up "boss" versions of monsters never works in this industry again.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Last Of Us 1

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
multiplayer on pc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Uncharted 4 Remake

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Syphon Filter 4

We already had Days Gone. Maybe you mean Syphon Filter 5?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Bubsy 3D Remake. someone please check on ulillillia

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Highway Factions

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Fix posted:

Feels like it would be this, but have a different studio do it.

Sony first party studios are usually large enough to have a separate team doing remasters on a side while working on a new thing. Guerrilla was working on like four things at once, for example.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Does this studio have anything to do with twisted metal? There should be a new twisted metal.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Did somebody say Factions?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Bubsy 3D Remake. someone please check on ulillillia

Bubsy 4D

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Nuts and Gum posted:

Does this studio have anything to do with twisted metal? There should be a new twisted metal.

no they're making days gone 2 probably

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Nuts and Gum posted:

You’re in luck, someone is working on a new twisted metal.

Even more luck: it’s based on the tv show they’re making!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I thought they said no Days Gone 2? I would love a sequel, though. The true ending was crazy.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

goblin week posted:

Sony first party studios are usually large enough to have a separate team doing remasters on a side while working on a new thing. Guerrilla was working on like four things at once, for example.

That was just a joke about Sony not letting Bend do what they wanted to.

the Paper
Aug 12, 2003

SUP GANGSTA BRUTHAS. I BE DA BIGGEST PIMP IN DA HOOD
Days Gone Remake please, a remaster wouldn't be enough.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

DC Murderverse posted:

You’re in luck, someone is working on a new twisted metal.

Even more luck: it’s based on the tv show they’re making!

Oh drat I forgot about that! I’m imagining F1:Drive to survive but the drivers are unholy flesh/metal monsters.

As long as the game is good.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

4 year old games absolutely do not need remakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
This remake trend is getting ridiculous, we're at the point where developers like Rocksteady are remaking games before they've even released.