Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Nuns with Guns posted:

My cat isn't afraid of my new dog. I caught her rubbing up on the dog in the hallway today.

love to hear tales like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

My cat isn't afraid of my new dog. I caught her rubbing up on the dog in the hallway today.

when my cat enters the same room my dog is in she leaves and goes somewhere else lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the only way my cats won't instantly bolt from my son is if i am there too so sometimes he'll be like "daddy come pet the cats with me" which is sweet. he wants them to like him! but toddlers are very loud and move fast, cats cannot stand it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

when my cat enters the same room my dog is in she leaves and goes somewhere else lol

Our cat is fine with all of the dogs except one, who is his mortal enemy. He’ll hang out with the other dogs but will bolt the minute Frank shows up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Boba Pearl posted:

Animals are extremely precious, I can't think of a single animal that I don't at least appreciate somewhat, though a lot of invertebrates terrify me, I still think they're cool. I love it when my cat will just sit with me and we chill in the same space.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh no not the bobbitt worms

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Our cat is a big dumb rear end in a top hat that is both the boldest and most scared creature in existence. Also a crazy food drive so we have to feed the dog and him at separate times because otherwise he'll beat up on the dog and steal his food. The dog is afraid of him and the cat knows.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Valko posted:

dawwww.

A great way to get dogs to eat pills prescribed by the vet is to stuff them into some cheese. That's how I dewormed my dog when I was a teen.

I tried this a few times with my dog but he got wise and was able to remove the pill then spit it out. So for some of his meds I had to crush them and mix them in to wet food. Then when he had to take chemo I just used those Greenies pill pocket things*

*Stick to the peanut butter ones, the cheese and chicken ones smell disgusting.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Cthulu Carl posted:

I tried this a few times with my dog but he got wise and was able to remove the pill then spit it out. So for some of his meds I had to crush them and mix them in to wet food. Then when he had to take chemo I just used those Greenies pill pocket things*

*Stick to the peanut butter ones, the cheese and chicken ones smell disgusting.

I grew up with a lab so we just dipped pills in barbecue sauce and threw them at him.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh no not the bobbitt worms

I still think about that thread and about that worm's ultimate victory

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My cat trained our labradoodle to open the dog door for her. She would sit in front of it and meow until he came and nosed it open and held it until she was through. She was perfectly capable of opening it herself, she just sometimes didn't feel like it.

I miss them both.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I grew up with a lab so we just dipped pills in barbecue sauce and threw them at him.

Mine would have just licked the sauce off and left the pill. He was dumb as hell in almost all aspects, but a genius when it came to food.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i used to work at a kennel (the place you board your pets at not like a puppy mill lol) and the only reliable way i could get cats or dogs to take pills was to use a piller to put the pill in their mouth and then spray water in there with a syringe.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hiding the pill in dog food and the dumbass dog outsmarts me by eating around the pill

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
My lab is a dumbass who will happily eat any pill if i do the usual "here comes a treat" spiel with him.

Granted it usually ends with him getting 2 or more treats immediately after, so maybe he's not so dumb.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

I invented a cocktail when I was bored at home due to a cyclone closing our work. Brandy, frangelico, cream, chai syrup, shake in ice and serve in a martini glass.

It was delicious. Throwing stuff together is fun and would highly recommend mixing spirits and flavours for shits and giggles.

the last time i did that i had the worst hangover ive ever had and also discovered via groupchat while nursing it that i fell down a flight of stairs so i'll have to decline

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

symbolic posted:

the last time i did that i had the worst hangover ive ever had and also discovered via groupchat while nursing it that i fell down a flight of stairs so i'll have to decline

This is a very Yuuko post

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Since the Sagas thread directly led to the creation of the new goonfund, and since the poster in question was often ITT, I wanted to link my post that talks about the fund, and this weekend's incredibly awful event.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

really queer Christmas posted:

Since the Sagas thread directly led to the creation of the new goonfund, and since the poster in question was often ITT, I wanted to link my post that talks about the fund, and this weekend's incredibly awful event.

would encourage people to read this. lady radia ftw.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Oh cool I'm freshly mad again

Radia owned and this is bullshit

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Psycho Landlord posted:

Oh cool I'm freshly mad again

Radia owned and this is bullshit

Same, I cant tell you how mad I've been the past two days.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
That's really cool of Radia to do that despite all that recently went down.

I also somehow missed that the new goonfund is taking donations, I kind of forgot about it after the Plinkey poo poo died down.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

godfuckingdammit this pisses me off

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Throwing them was the key for me. Get a few cheese cubes or hot dog pieces or whatever, put the pill in one them, throw them to her one by one. She’d catch them and was so intent on wolfing them down ASAP so you’d throw another that she’d never notice the pill.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

thank you for sharing this. she seems to be a habitually very humble, giving and classy person. its genuinely upsetting that her kindness and trust was taken advantage of

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Radia is cool and she says thanks to everyone

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Boba Pearl posted:

Animals are extremely precious, I can't think of a single animal that I don't at least appreciate somewhat, though a lot of invertebrates terrify me, I still think they're cool. I love it when my cat will just sit with me and we chill in the same space.
mosquitoes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gently caress, man

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

who are the people mad at 16bb for causing the final fall of Iron Crowned?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
losers

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Autisanal Cheese posted:

who are the people mad at 16bb for causing the final fall of Iron Crowned?

I am, it turns out my IK buttons only work when powered by vengeful dog ghosts wearing pasties, and now I’ve lost my best source

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Physically felt sadness in my gut reading that.

It really sucks that there have been nasty, horrible people posting on the forums for years before they get their comeuppance. Then someone who could humble Jesus Christ himself gets driven off because a problem didn't get nipped in the bud soon enough.

I honestly didn't know her too well. I just sent a PM to her once about a joke she made which was the hardest I laughed in a week. I couldn't quote her because I was forum banned from QCS. Hell, the post she made is actually relevant to this situation.

quote:

"it is literally impossible for modmins to keep up with every fast moving thread. listening to warnings is the important thing here, not holding fluff’s eyes open clockwork orange style as bloops posts fly by "

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A light touch, a wide and profound impact. Lady radia is and forever shall be the Goon’s Finest

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ok I gotta go on an 8 hour drive (just before eid... Which lol its not gonna be just 8 hours I think) but this whole mess is just so many unforced errors, dear god.

Anyway I alluded to it a while back without naming names, but cinci was the one who told me I should seriously consider resigning as mod because I joked that moderating was making me day drink. I just wanted to post a picture of the cocktail I made gdi

(Gin with honey and lime with some passionfruit syrup and crushed dragon fruit)

nice, looks yummy and fuckin lol cinci sucked so much.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I figured out the trick to giving meds to dogs that a lot of people don't think of.

Take the cheese or whatever and split it into 3 small pieces (just enough to cover the pill on one of them) and then you give them the first piece without the pill, then the pill and then hold out the third piece. A lot of the time they will swallow the pill down quick to get the next piece, you do have to find something they really like though. I used pieces of lunch meat (just small pieces) worked like a charm. That dog was also really food motivated though so I can't guarantee it would work for everyone. But it made giving meds way easier for me.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Take the medicine and put it in a brick, play time is over

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I simply conditioned my dog into loving her morning and nighttime pills from me by following it with treats. Now when she sees me approaching with the pill she wags her tail and gets excited and then I open up her jaw and shove it in the back of her mouth.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My other dog was really good about taking his insulin shots (because dogs can be diabetic) because it always happened right after his meal and right before receiving some wet food, so he'd scarf down his dry food and then sit down and wait very patiently for his shot so he can get the tasty wet food.

He also however would pretend it has been years since his last meal even when we know exactly when we fed him, and would pout at us for snacks. Even if it didn't work, he kept trying and he inherited those stupid sad spaniel eyes from his cavalier side so it was difficult to deny him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I keep my dogs separate, they are able to be together but get worked up too easily so we usually keep them apart. So what I did was put a chair next to the gate between them, and they'll sit and preen and nuzzle each other for hours.

I'm hoping to do some remodeling and have a room for both of them with beds and everything soon, currently one sleeps with mom on her bed and the other refuses to sleep on the bed I made him and just sleeps flopped on the hardwood floor instead 🤷‍♂️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

why does this website have to be so loving stupid