Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Electric Phantasm posted:

The worse part about the leak cartoons is no one is mentioning that the guy only leaked that poo poo so he can win an argument on the internet.
And that argument was "I'm a top secret military guy", so literally just wanted clout in his nazi circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh cool we're doing "all young people are stupid weirdos" are we now, Jeff?

I take it as "it's weird that the youngest, lowest ranking officer is the culprit" suggesting that he is just a scapegoat, not the actual leaker.

But no, he's the actual guy and it's as dumb as it seems.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

The man was stupid enough to stand right behind a horse and should consider himself lucky he was only crapped on and didn't have his head kicked in.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Chuds deserve to be poo poo on, AGC.

quote:

Gary Varvel

Now let's see your cartoon about mosques.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

logger posted:

The man was stupid enough to stand right behind a horse and should consider himself lucky he was only crapped on and didn't have his head kicked in.

You would think there was a better place to stand and wave a flag other then directly behind a 2 story tall horses rear end in a top hat.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

So why is the RWM acting like Bud Light sending a promotional can to someone is the end of the USA as we know it? I thought they were all about businesses being allowed to do what they wanted.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Bud Light is barely a beer, why such a lovely watered down pisswater is pushed so popular in the first place. This woke poo poo will push more people into actual decent tasty beers, a good thing has happened.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The wildest thing is that this is all over one fuckin can they sent some influencer to do a sponsored shout out on her own channel.

I have seen people receive actual, personal threats that were less aggrieved than the conservative response to a billion dollar company buying a Tik Tok ad slot.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Wait it's not even a can you can BUY?

WHAT THE gently caress :psyduck:
I thought it was on the shelves or something, it's a promotional one-off? drat Bud was knowing exactly what they were doing, this is just free marketing.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Randalor posted:

So why is the RWM acting like Bud Light sending a promotional can to someone is the end of the USA as we know it? I thought they were all about businesses being allowed to do what they wanted.

Because acknowledging that she exists and that she is a she means that Budweiser now supports forced gay abortions transition surgery on everybody forever. Budweiser has helped legitimize the Other, which is another nail in the coffin of being able to be a toxic dickbag about people who are different.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Randalor posted:

lovely cheap beer in the 80s, 90s, and 00s completely marketed themselves as being part of masculinity and patriarchy: commercials that were 100% male gaze "if you drink me, attractive women will gently caress you" kinds of things. Even though their marketing has moved away from that, lovely cheap beer remains a fundamental part of the douchebag frat bro / lunkhead sports guy self identity. And a lot of Republican men aged 30 - 50 consider the douchebag frat bro / lunkhead sports guy to be an integral part of their personality.

lovely cheap beer now saying, "Perhaps gender is more fluid than we thought" is telling them, in no uncertain terms, that they're no longer the pursued market. They no longer matter. The world has moved beyond them, and rejects what they think is good.

Of course they're going to have a giant loving tantrum and meltdown. Every time something pokes them with the reality that they don't 100% represent America and everything America is about, they have a giant tantrum and meltdown.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And of course the right wing meltdown is a deliberate part of the advertising campaign. They knew the psychos would flip out and they knew it would help make them big bucks.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Fister Roboto posted:

And of course the right wing meltdown is a deliberate part of the advertising campaign. They knew the psychos would flip out and they knew it would help make them big bucks.

Just like with the M&Ms a couple months back

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fister Roboto posted:

Would like to see the numbers on how many dipshits are doing the Freedom Wine tactic of buying a whole bunch of Budweiser to pour down the drain on camera.

"Look at me, Budweiser, I spent an entire paycheck on your beer to show you what I think about it. You must be feeling so owned right now!"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kikas posted:

Wait it's not even a can you can BUY?

WHAT THE gently caress :psyduck:
I thought it was on the shelves or something, it's a promotional one-off? drat Bud was knowing exactly what they were doing, this is just free marketing.

It’s not even a promotional thing. They sent a single can to a popular TikTok trans influencer with their face on it. That’s it. There was no ad, no can being in circulation, no marketing announcement about it. The only way you would know it’s was a thing was specifically watching that persons TikTok videos

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So I guess the outrage watching was entirely through sharing LibsOfTikTok style chud accounts?

e: And I suppose gross weirdos like glinner who are subscribed to every single trans influencer account but swear it's not because they're a gross chaser

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

For these right-wing influencers it's not about hurting Budweiser, it's about cashing in themselves.

They don't mind giving Budweiser free advertising, as long as it drives more eyes and clicks to their own platforms so can collect more ad revenue, or they might just grift directly by relabing and selling Heterosexual Dad's Straight American Beer at $30 for a six-pack

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Exactly which is why the right wing power brokers are now back peddling going “Oh this is goofy haha right guys? We love Bud!” because they jumped in thinking it was a cynical woke brand boycott marketing thing like everyone did once the Kruieg blowback made it a thing. But when they realized it wasn’t and they were actively attacking one of their biggest donors, not just playing along with the expected blowback song and dance, they started to get nervous and have been trying to calm down their baying hogs since

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Fister Roboto posted:

But haven't you seen that Budweiser has lost 5.6 bazillion dollars as the American public is finally rising up and rejecting the woke agenda en masse? These are true facts, just trust me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

But haven't you seen that Budweiser has lost 5.6 bazillion dollars as the American public is finally rising up and rejecting the woke agenda en masse? These are true facts, just trust me.

It's wild how many businesses have had to shutdown 5ever over upsetting chuds. Didn't we lose Pepsi a couple years ago? And June in general just becomes pure anarchy and chaos; forced to subsist on Chik Fil A and Papa Johns for a solid month because everywhere else uses the secret ingredient that makes you gay

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Exactly which is why the right wing power brokers are now back peddling going “Oh this is goofy haha right guys? We love Bud!” because they jumped in thinking it was a cynical woke brand boycott marketing thing like everyone did once the Kruieg blowback made it a thing. But when they realized it wasn’t and they were actively attacking one of their biggest donors, not just playing along with the expected blowback song and dance, they started to get nervous and have been trying to calm down their baying hogs since
?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A few of the money guys who are the ones the mega-donors actually talk to are telling people to pump the brakes and getting stuffed in lockers as a result. It's Don Jr who's the biggest one up to it lately last I heard.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s maths plan not adding up — Rishi Sunak has admitted the UK needs time to recruit more maths teachers, adding that his compulsory maths plan would not involve forcing students in England to study the subject to A-level"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Wages failing to keep pace with price rises for 15th month in a row

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Bud Light has marketed towards LGBTQIA folks for quite some time (even in the 90s!), so despite the macho crap they've done for football, this isn't anything unusual for them:

https://marketingtherainbow.info/case%20studies/cs-fmcg/budweiser

I think it being the new culture war, prevalence of social media and a lot of people collectively losing their minds has led to this weird fury over what was just a promo from a tiktok.

Edit: there's also a lot of history on LGBTQIA choosing Bud Light over Coors because Coors' founder was a literal white supremacist union buster (his first name is Adolf, lmao) too.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 18, 2023

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
I'm not the only one noticing how ramped up the anti-trans rhetoric has gotten more and more vile over the last couple of years, right? I'm surprised we haven't had a political cartoon that drops all pretense and openly states that trans people should be rounded up and killed.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

JamesBont posted:

I'm not the only one noticing how ramped up the anti-trans rhetoric has gotten more and more vile over the last couple of years, right? I'm surprised we haven't had a political cartoon that drops all pretense and openly states that trans people should be rounded up and killed.

Welcome to Sinfest Sunday!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

JamesBont posted:

The Ten Stages of Genocide

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

JamesBont posted:

It has definitely ramped up, along with a trend to decide that being gay or discussing gender is inherently sexual and therefore not appropriate for children and therefore anyone gay or trans or who discusses LGBTQIA issues openly is a “groomer”, along with side conversations about how the only good solution to pedophiles is death, and well, if A->B and B->C and C->D then clearly A->D and everyone hears the right wing call to violence even as right wingers insist that because they didn’t personally say A->D they have no responsibility at all

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
"Daddy, what did you do in the great beer war?"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

JamesBont posted:

Right wing media and political proxies identified trans individuals as the next potential wedge group for the Democrats.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

JamesBont posted:

It's very much a concerted, coordinated movement. Give or take six years ago, pretty much nobody gave a poo poo about drag queens, or pronouns, or gender affirming therapy. But after the reactionaries had very visibly lost the public favour on gay marriage, they went after trans people as a wedge issue.

And once you look into it, you see how the same names pop up over and over. You may have heard how transphobe group tried (and fortunately utterly failed) to make inroads in New Zealand recently. That was Kellie-Jay Keen, a prominent extremist transphobe from the UK who'd already done plenty of damage over there. And surprise, she has repeatedly worked together with the similarly reactionary Heritage Foundation based in the US. A while back, I read an account from a UK lesbian activist who used to be active in those circles in the early days. They (I think they may have transitioned after leaving the scene, can't quite recall) noted how they very much got the sense of basically being wheeled out for one transphobe gathering after another, while being continuously pushed to refocus their activism away from lesbian issues towards anti-trans rhetoric. Similarly, there's a small handful of regretful detransitioners being instrumentalized in the US landscape, dragged from one hearing to another and getting op-eds pre-written for them to publish under their name.

This is not a coincidence, it's not some grassroots reaction organically popping up in response to a growing trans scene. It's a campaign, and a genocidal one at that.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I mean, there was also the fact that the LGB Alliance shares a Tufton Street address with a bunch of libertarian, pro-Brexit, climate change denying 'think tanks'.

Anyway, it's been a while since we checked in on Dry Bones...

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

(Shadow Home Affairs Minister) Karen Andrews quits shadow cabinet as Dutton reshuffle promotes Jacinta Price to Indigenous affairs (Guardian).

Rowe:

Dutton's reshuffle, left to right: Leaving are Julian Leeser (shadow attorney-general, indigenous affairs) and Karen Andrews (home affairs). New positions are Michaelia Cash (back in as attorney-general), Jacinta Price (indigenous affairs), Kerrynne Liddle (child protection & prevention of family violence) and James Paterson (home affairs). At the end is Nationals leader David Littleproud, who is elated because Jacinta Price as the CLP is part of his party and her elevation gives the Nationals more members in cabinet then they strictly should have under the coalition agreement - this reshuffle is more about aligning with Dutton's hard right ideology than with party balance.

Wilcox:

Katauskas:

Melbourne overtakes Sydney as Australia’s most populous city (Guardian).

Lethbridge:

Anthony Albanese hits back as the Prime Minister is accused of ignoring child sexual assault warnings - as Jacinta Price loses it and demands he visits Alice Springs (Daily Mail).

Knight:

(Former Green now Independent Senator) Lidia Thorpe banned from Melbourne strip club for life after 3am fracas (The Age).

Spooner:

NDIS 'reboot': Bill Shorten outlines six key areas of reform (SBS). (NDS = National Disability Insurance Scheme).

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Ahahahaha

Come on then, who is it? Because I know who it usually is in cartoons like these.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Unkempt posted:

Ahahahaha

Come on then, who is it? Because I know who it usually is in cartoons like these.

It's the Jews.
No, the bad Jews.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Perestroika posted:

It's very much a concerted, coordinated movement. Give or take six years ago, pretty much nobody gave a poo poo about drag queens, or pronouns, or gender affirming therapy. But after the reactionaries had very visibly lost the public favour on gay marriage, they went after trans people as a wedge issue.

And once you look into it, you see how the same names pop up over and over. You may have heard how transphobe group tried (and fortunately utterly failed) to make inroads in New Zealand recently. That was Kellie-Jay Keen, a prominent extremist transphobe from the UK who'd already done plenty of damage over there. And surprise, she has repeatedly worked together with the similarly reactionary Heritage Foundation based in the US. A while back, I read an account from a UK lesbian activist who used to be active in those circles in the early days. They (I think they may have transitioned after leaving the scene, can't quite recall) noted how they very much got the sense of basically being wheeled out for one transphobe gathering after another, while being continuously pushed to refocus their activism away from lesbian issues towards anti-trans rhetoric. Similarly, there's a small handful of regretful detransitioners being instrumentalized in the US landscape, dragged from one hearing to another and getting op-eds pre-written for them to publish under their name.

This is not a coincidence, it's not some grassroots reaction organically popping up in response to a growing trans scene. It's a campaign, and a genocidal one at that.

I'm just worried about my one cousin. She came out as trans back in November 2020 (the same morning that Biden was declared the winner of the US election, which I still believe was no coincidence). Most of our family was supportive, but her grandparents on her mother's side have practically disowned her. She and her partner married in December last year, and they refused to attend the wedding.

Thankfully we live in a somewhat blue area, but if we were in a red state...I shudder to think about it.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

The horse did something natural and appropriate that benefited it and also happens to benefit the world, and the chud chose to make himself a “victim” of that.

AGC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Wow, I really didn't miss Dry Bones at all, it turns out.