Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

That DICK! posted:

Take the medicine and put it in a brick, play time is over

lmao at your new av, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Had to go to minor injuries yesterday cus cat bit my ear lobe while i was cuddling him lol.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

thinkin' of getting a young dog that will ideally chill with our two year old cat, but every time i ask pet island for advice about cats, i get drowned out by some dude who can't remember to clean the cat's litterbox asking why his entire life smells like cat piss. so i'm asking here:

any tips for introducing a young dog to a youngish indoor-only cat, so that they can coexist and the experience isn't lovely and traumatic for either?

or is this just a fool's errand?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
A good idea to start is by putting things that smell like the cat in the dog's area, and putting things that smell like the dog in the cat's area (since you already have a dog, that will be easy.) Give the cat a safe room she can retreat too, and let her explore the house on her own if you can without the dog interfering. Introduce the cat to the dog through a baby gate so that the cat feels safe and can observe the dog and feel like it's not a threat. Feliway diffusers work great for calming down the cat. The "cats and dogs" thing is mostly a meme, and many cats and dogs integrate well together. Give'm lots of snuggles and cuddles.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

A good idea to start is by putting things that smell like the cat in the dog's area, and putting things that smell like the dog in the cat's area (since you already have a dog, that will be easy.) Give the cat a safe room she can retreat too, and let her explore the house on her own if you can without the dog interfering. Introduce the cat to the dog through a baby gate so that the cat feels safe and can observe the dog and feel like it's not a threat. Feliway diffusers work great for calming down the cat. The "cats and dogs" thing is mostly a meme, and many cats and dogs integrate well together. Give'm lots of snuggles and cuddles.

thanks boba, that's exactly what i'm looking for.

this is all very early stages of planning, so it's just us trying to figure out how we'll do it really.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this SAD thread I almost want to say should be goldmined

it's crap-rated, sure, and the OP is garbage, absolutely, but the third page really makes it as the OP gets more and more insanely irate, followed by Rodbeard chaos dunking him out of nowhere with a post ups_rail made about shmorky seven years ago which resulted in them getting perma'd, had me howling. and then the reveal it's actually an alt of a permabanned user...who was then revealed to have been KNOWN to be an alt of the perma'd user and yet allowed to continue to post for six more years before they finally nuked him

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
SAD is an appropriate acronym. In fact it's so obvious I suspect it might be on purpose.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

What would his neutral B be?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Captain Invictus posted:

this SAD thread I almost want to say should be goldmined

it's crap-rated, sure, and the OP is garbage, absolutely, but the third page really makes it as the OP gets more and more insanely irate, followed by Rodbeard chaos dunking him out of nowhere with a post ups_rail made about shmorky seven years ago which resulted in them getting perma'd, had me howling. and then the reveal it's actually an alt of a permabanned user...who was then revealed to have been KNOWN to be an alt of the perma'd user and yet allowed to continue to post for six more years before they finally nuked him

I like how he lies about the contents of posts on the same page. It really underscores the incredibly obvious reason he won't give real examples.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

That was another guy I was amazed lasted so long but I mostly saw a lot of his posts in GBS which might explain it

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Even beyond the kiwifarms stuff I found his posts nigh unreadable

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That dude was super irritating and deeply weird. Seems like the type who will probably go the insane rereg route sooner or later so I doubt we’ve seen the last of him.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I once probated ups rail with the reason "jesus christ" so they sent me a pm asking me to explain what they did wrong and how it related to jesus

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I once probated ups rail with the reason "jesus christ" so they sent me a pm asking me to explain what they did wrong and how it related to jesus

how did it relate to jesus

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

what made jose's probated post funny is that he's an sa mod

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Grassy Knowles posted:

how did it relate to jesus

It was a three day probation

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Spanish Manlove posted:

lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Spanish Manlove posted:

no further questions

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ups_rail posted:

This thread isnt really about me, what do you mean by again, and bringing up a 7 year old post about shmorky? Also can you give me any proof that I have an account on that site?

See I ve been here for 15 years how does banning me help community?[/b]

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Well, we don’t have to read your posts anymore for starters

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

Since the Sagas thread directly led to the creation of the new goonfund, and since the poster in question was often ITT, I wanted to link my post that talks about the fund, and this weekend's incredibly awful event.

ah geez

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's an awful injustice. I hope nobody malicious saw the doxxinп info, and Lady Radia can return when things blow over.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 18, 2023

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mods should be like jury duty. Just pick like 4 of the Top 50 posters at random from every subforum that gets more than 10 posts a day and give them buttons for 30 days, with a small stipend for their troubles.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

Oh cool I'm freshly mad again

Radia owned and this is bullshit

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

really queer Christmas posted:

Since the Sagas thread directly led to the creation of the new goonfund, and since the poster in question was often ITT, I wanted to link my post that talks about the fund, and this weekend's incredibly awful event.

:(

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Ofc the panda freak has already mined that for content is there really no way to IP ban that loser

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Radia was one of the best goons and it really loving sucks

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Psycho Landlord posted:

Oh cool I'm freshly mad again

Radia owned and this is bullshit

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah, absolutely.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

exquisite tea posted:

Mods should be like jury duty. Just pick like 4 of the Top 50 posters at random from every subforum that gets more than 10 posts a day and give them buttons for 30 days, with a small stipend for their troubles.

agreed, it would solve most of the modding problems

no stipends would be needed though

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ok I gotta go on an 8 hour drive (just before eid... Which lol its not gonna be just 8 hours I think) but this whole mess is just so many unforced errors, dear god.

Anyway I alluded to it a while back without naming names, but cinci was the one who told me I should seriously consider resigning as mod because I joked that moderating was making me day drink. I just wanted to post a picture of the cocktail I made gdi

(Gin with honey and lime with some passionfruit syrup and crushed dragon fruit)

drinking and driving ftw :hehe:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lollontee posted:

drinking and driving ftw :hehe:

Those are two separate events you illiterate loser

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lollontee you gotta read better dude

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ChubbyChecker posted:

agreed, it would solve most of the modding problems

no stipends would be needed though

I think having some money involved would (correctly) encourage more people to see modding as a kind of transactional thing that you do once or twice a year rather than as a clique or subcommunity unto its own, and hopefully create fewer instances of psychos who just want to boss people around on an internet forum.

Maybe people could choose to forgo their stipend in lieu of adding it to the goonfund though. That's just me spitballing.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Cuttlefush posted:

lollontee you gotta read better dude

if that were possible it'd have happened by now

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i reject your reality, and substitute my own. eat it losers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

exquisite tea posted:

I think having some money involved would (correctly) encourage more people to see modding as a kind of transactional thing that you do once or twice a year rather than as a clique or subcommunity unto its own, and hopefully create fewer instances of psychos who just want to boss people around on an internet forum.

Maybe people could choose to forgo their stipend in lieu of adding it to the goonfund though. That's just me spitballing.

giving money could involve taxes and poo poo, so an av cert at most

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

could some admin or mod just remove lollontee from the forums, no one would miss him

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

8 hours of drink driving sounds like hell lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!