Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I legitmately forgot about the Broncos which is seems fair after last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
You forgot about this?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Also the Chargers I think is a horse reference.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

You forgot about this?

We’re all trying to forget John Elway

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My brain connects Blucifer with the airport, not the team. Outside of the Seahawks painting and seeing Peyton Manning, the Broncos slip out of my mind until the seaon starts.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Also the Chargers I think is a horse reference.

You could argue Pistons in that case too, kind of? idk. They had a horse logo but it was supposed to represent horsepower

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean, gotta mention the ponies here.

SMU Flipped off the NCAA and got got, were awful for 30 years, and then came back from the dead and are sort of goodish now? None of this is a good thing on any side of the equation, but it is a funny thing as an outsider.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was limiting myself to pro teams, mostly because I don't know enough about college sports to narrow down team animals other than the obvious ones

e: is the Minnesota Wild mascot a cat or a dog?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

e: is the Minnesota Wild mascot a cat or a dog?

It’s a river and a forest.

AFAIK, they’ve never stated what the “wild” animal actually is

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

ohhhh that's a hockey fight

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

Yeah, that was when she fought super hard to fly the Confederate flag at city hall.

Obviously the double homicide is the worst part of it, but gently caress Dan White for also furthering Feinstein's political career.

Fun fact, when the 2006 lame duck congress voted (verbally so there's no record of who voted for it) to financially completely gently caress over USPS, and USPS started selling off real estate to try and get in the black, Feinstein's husband was the realtor in charge of selling off their California holdings, which he did to friends and business partners for way below what they were worth.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s awesome. Huge huge fan of Aaron taylor Johnson

I think I saw somewhere he's being considered as the next bond and although that franchise has gone to absolute dogshit, he'd be my pick.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Baked some fresh sockeye salmon & also made a mushroom chowder (oyster mushrooms, celery root, potatoes, leeks, fennel, roux with bacon fat, vegetable stock, coconut milk).

Someone suggested plating the salmon atop of the chowder and it was :discourse:.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
We got a double OT hockey game on the first day of the playoffs.

I love the NHL

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Hockey is...good.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a neat cape posted:

We got a double OT hockey game on the first day of the playoffs.

I love the NHL

Jon Bois playoff hockey tweet remains evergreen.

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/456616952153128960

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
warhammer40k book reading update:

So far I have read, in order: First and Only, Ghostmaker, Brotherhood of the Snake, Xenos, Malleus, and am halfway through Hereticus. I am surprised I initially didnt like Xenos because after going back to it and getting to the point where Eisenhorn gets captured and tortured by the Glaws it becomes really hard to put down. I read Malleus in such a frenzy. Sitting in the bathroom at work reading Hereticus. This is great.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Yours sleep deeply when the feeder is about to go off?? Toby sits in loaf position in the computer chair three feet from the feeder ready to launch for about a half hour, and Zoey won't lay on our laps for about an hour before it goes off. She usually sits on the arm of the couch by me for that hour, but any other time of day she's doing everything in her power to be glued to be in our laps.

My one fat gently caress who is the only one who gets the auto-feeder because he’ll eat until he pukes otherwise, just lays in front of it all day with his paw stuffed up into it elbow-deep trying to get once last little kibble out of it please I’m starving somebody think of me :rolleyes:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

warhammer40k book reading update:

So far I have read, in order: First and Only, Ghostmaker, Brotherhood of the Snake, Xenos, Malleus, and am halfway through Hereticus. I am surprised I initially didnt like Xenos because after going back to it and getting to the point where Eisenhorn gets captured and tortured by the Glaws it becomes really hard to put down. I read Malleus in such a frenzy. Sitting in the bathroom at work reading Hereticus. This is great.

Just so you know I very much look forward to these updates. I have absolutely no idea what's going on in any fashion but observing people coming around to 40k (which I know exactly nothing about) from afar is something that makes me happy for some reason or another.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

That doesn't make me feel old because the first time I saw that album cover I was in a mall.

A mall.

Mall related

They’re tearing down Metrocenter, but before they do are having an outdoor screening of bill and ted’s excellent adventure.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1648316722418442243?s=20

Between all the child labor stuff, crumbling infrastructure, grounded planes and corpos stealing everything that isn’t nailed to the floor, it’s fun to reflect on the American attitude toward the crumbling USSR 30-35yrs later.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeeMajors posted:

Between all the child labor stuff, crumbling infrastructure, grounded planes and corpos stealing everything that isn’t nailed to the floor, it’s fun to reflect on the American attitude toward the crumbling USSR 30-35yrs later.

gently caress this shithole state and gently caress that worthless asshat of a governor, Kim Reynolds. :suicide:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Totally not like a crumbling empire:

https://twitter.com/GasBuddyGuy/status/1648300789922684931?t=qJSi9lUJMN5ZkLw2ROXl1A&s=19

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

One weird trick to create larger pool of labor to work for minimum wage.

I can't imagine they're not working on updates to truancy that says kids who work don't have to go to school

Which is going to be the only option for families in desperate situations further perpetuating poverty

gently caress it all

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eh. The outrage and news regarding the gas shortage is overblown. It is media sensation for clicks imo. Same dude said :

https://twitter.com/gasbuddyguy/status/1648333694627635206?s=46&t=j30tBumVMG7Ob8ZnEVW5qw

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's totally buckwild after the revelation that kids at the border being sent to fosters have just been dumped in factories and forced to work, that the response has been...to just make it generally legal for kids to do that work.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

That's a classic demand shock. Refinery slows/shuts down temporarily because of flooding, media reports it breathlessly, then everyone panics and fills every tank, can, bag, and sack they can with gas, now there's nothing for anyone else.

Same thing happened during Harvey here in Houston.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Qwijib0 posted:

One weird trick to create larger pool of labor to work for minimum wage.

I can't imagine they're not working on updates to truancy that says kids who work don't have to go to school

Which is going to be the only option for families in desperate situations further perpetuating poverty

gently caress it all

Gotta jack those housing costs to meet the 3- and 4-income households.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

It's totally buckwild after the revelation that kids at the border being sent to fosters have just been dumped in factories and forced to work, that the response has been...to just make it generally legal for kids to do that work.

look man the millenials and genz don't wanna work so we gotta get these sprockets moving down the line somehow

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/rebeccawatson/s...ingawful.com%2F

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I scratched my monitor this morning.

I swap out all the plugs (hdmi, mouse, etc) in the morning going from replacing my personal pc with my work pc. And I honked my work pc into the monitor screen :(

The monitor is like a year old and the first monitor I bought in like a decade :(

Luckily the screen scratch is almost perfectly on the left most side of the screen, but still !

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I scratched my monitor this morning.

And I honked

:honk:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I can walk a block away from my apartment in Dubuque and look across the Mississippi and see both Wisconsin and Illinois.

If I had money and means, I'd ditch this hellhole state and move to either of them in an instant.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Good morning, I haven't been posting a lot so I just wanted to give a quick life update:

BEAM TEAM BITCH

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Lol all Southwest flights are cancelled again

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

Good morning, I haven't been posting a lot so I just wanted to give a quick life update:

BEAM TEAM BITCH

congrats! please continue embarrassing the Warriors.

The Lakers will meet you on the other side!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I can’t wait for the airlines to lobby for single-pilot flights. I’ll never set foot in an airplane again.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

I can walk a block away from my apartment in Dubuque and look across the Mississippi and see both Wisconsin and Illinois.

If I had money and means, I'd ditch this hellhole state and move to either of them in an instant.

Yeah but Dubuque has that A&W that still serves draught root beer and it's like 2+ hours before you hit one in WI or IL. Other than that... Dubuque makes the Quad Cities seem nice.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

swickles posted:

They already have them going again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

congrats! please continue embarrassing the Warriors.

The Lakers will meet you on the other side!

If the Warriors get swept and Draymond gets the boot, it'll already be a great postseason