Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Reiwa Mitsy isn't wrong simply for saying the system sucks but he's always been a gently caress You Spite Mine about it. First he wanted whatever would hurt Geats most, and now he's gone all "anarchy but only if I'm at the top." It's not the same as Kaito wanting to burn it all down because he was a sincere and total misanthrope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Did Himeno seriously just ask if Kabutan and Sasorinne/Scorpi had crushes on each other, LMAO

I wonder if they'll ever 'translate' the Shugod's dialogue for the audience at some point instead of just having us infer based on what the human characters reply with.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Giving Toei a reason to make robot gods talk clearly so audiences can hear usually leads to them becoming huge dicks, so maybe keep them only understandable by the cast. I don't want to have to hear Kuwagon yelling "KILL YOUR BROTHER GIRA"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I am curious to see where exactly Racles got his new powers from at least

Edit: Apparently we’re getting a spin-off about him this weekend so that might answer a few questions

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 17, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the big bad generals are really paper thin versus how much personality Donbrothers had, but I guess there's enough in-fighting between the sentai team to make up for it.

i really hate that loudmouth that's stirring the crowd, obviously a plant to stir the mob, but hope he gets squashed hard, so annoying.

so guess the division is Red, Blue, Yellow trio is the 'main face' of the team.

purple is neutral

black is just solo, looking out for himself with his schemes.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It being JUST the Emperor and his Prime Minister at this point, not counting any MOTW, definitely makes me feel as if, even if it's not Racles, some new Bugnarok major villains will show up at some point. Like, early on in Kiramager it was just Caranchula and Galza, it took until the mid-20s for Yodonna to enter the picture.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shin Kamen Rider tickets are officially on sale at Cinemark theaters right now. I'm gonna hold off for a bit and see if it's playing at the AMC closer to my condo, but if not, it's playing at the Cinemark near my old apartment/work.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm very behind on my shows so I only just saw the Neon reveal. I know I'm dumb and this probably wouldn't be the reaction a normal person would have to it, but all I can think of when I saw the reveal was "Wait, why is Neon upset and depressed about this? Her backstory is literally 'My dad thought his daughter sucked and wished for a better daughter, who is me, drat I'm awesome.'"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm very behind on my shows so I only just saw the Neon reveal. I know I'm dumb and this probably wouldn't be the reaction a normal person would have to it, but all I can think of when I saw the reveal was "Wait, why is Neon upset and depressed about this? Her backstory is literally 'My dad thought his daughter sucked and wished for a better daughter, who is me, drat I'm awesome.'"

The thing that sucked about his previous daughter was that she was murdered.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah it's not that Akari sucked, it's that she died

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Maybe she died because her vibes were off.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

She died because she was kidnapped and murdered when she was a little girl

Her dad’s kind of an rear end in a top hat though but that’s nothing new for Kamen Rider

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 18, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Maybe she died because her vibes were off.

*at my child's grave*

"Welp, guess this one was a dud"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm watching the Zett dub with a friend who's watching it as their first Ultraman show, and I know Juggler shows up in the next episode, so I'm wondering how to explain him. Obviously I'll say he was in a previous show, Orb but, uhh, how does his arc go? My gut/what I know says it's broadly "anti hero, then villain, and now he's a hero who still is kinda shady"?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Twelve by Pies posted:

Her entire life has been a lie. She has the memories of someone she's not. Her mother thinks she's someone she's not. She's questioning everything now, since every memory she has before that birthday are those of Akari and not hers. Even the most traumatic moment of her life is false, and the reality of it is even more depressing.

She needs to see what Neon, and not Akari's or Akari's double's, life would be. Leaving the Kurama life behind is part of it, but we'll see where this arc goes. She'll also definitely need to face her father/creator sooner or later.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Junpei posted:

I'm watching the Zett dub with a friend who's watching it as their first Ultraman show, and I know Juggler shows up in the next episode, so I'm wondering how to explain him. Obviously I'll say he was in a previous show, Orb but, uhh, how does his arc go? My gut/what I know says it's broadly "anti hero, then villain, and now he's a hero who still is kinda shady"?

He once cut down a tree that he shouldn't have, convinced it was the right thing to do. But now he understands he shouldn't have cut down that tree.

That about sums it up.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah I watched the next episode where the dad is told "You can wish for her to be alive again you know" and he's just like "No, it'd just remind me of my failure" or whatever.

Dude is definitely crazy and an rear end in a top hat for sure.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I feel like the Bugnarok Emperor will either get killed halfway through or end up being one of those Sentai villains that's around from the start, but does almost nothing until the very end. The minister feels like he could be up to something bigger.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, so far Racles and his cronies seem like more interesting villains than the entirety of the bugs so far. I assume there’s going to be some crossover between the two later unless the former makes a face turn for whatever reason

I’m also curious what the deal with our spider themed 6th Ranger is going to be and the guy with the cicada that killed Himeno’s parents

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Im half convinced the random crowd guy with a staff is minister bugnarok in disguise, entirely because of the staff. Its just a weird detail, but maybe Im reading too much into it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pyroi posted:

Im half convinced the random crowd guy with a staff is minister bugnarok in disguise, entirely because of the staff. Its just a weird detail, but maybe Im reading too much into it.

Based on his actions so far he’s almost definitely a plant of some kind sent to rile up the crowd

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
so are the shugods actually just hanging around the jungle until they're called upon to form the big guy?
sounds kind of annoying if they're in the middle of a meal or on the toilet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, I think the Guardian Beasts in Zyuranger were the same way

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, is this the first Sentai where they could summon all the robots needed to form the Megazord without needing every necessary member of the team present?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 18, 2023

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
There are some others where the robots are independent entities, and also if you count the ones where the base robot is actually only part of the base team (offhand Kyoryuger, Zyuohger, Ryusoulger, Kyuranger).

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
The big running theory is that Racles' minister guy and the Bugnarok Minister are the same person. This is based on their hair/head shapes and them constantly making the exact same gesture with their hands.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GateOfD posted:

so are the shugods actually just hanging around the jungle until they're called upon to form the big guy?

Not even around the jungle. You can see Kaguragi's God Hachi just chilling on the side of a building when the Bugnarok made their big on-air demand.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah I watched the next episode where the dad is told "You can wish for her to be alive again you know" and he's just like "No, it'd just remind me of my failure" or whatever.

Dude is definitely crazy and an rear end in a top hat for sure.

don't forget he's also told the dgp can just erase his memories of what happened too. and he STILL makes the drat wish

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

M.Matsuda posted:

don't forget he's also told the dgp can just erase his memories of what happened too. and he STILL makes the drat wish

To be fair, the part where the DGP can make him lose his memories is what made him actually go for it. Before they brought that up he wasn't interested.

I guess the memory loss either didn't take or didn't last, though, huh.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

My Shin Ultraman UHD came in- gonna watch Shin Ultra Fight in a bit :c00l:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shin Ultra Fight is excellent

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pyroi posted:

i think he's really just dumb/emotional

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Elfgames posted:

i think he's really just dumb/emotional

This. It's cheaper to just have the one guy always be that guy than having it rotate between mob characters

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
watched the Power Rangers Once and Always.
I heard David Yost wanted to do a full like 8 episode or so series on netflix, and I can see it. They definitely rushed thru a lot in the 55 minute time span they had. Could have definitely called back and had a lot more cameos to star in instead of the 4 or so we got.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Maybe it's just poor writing but did Yellow's motivation go from

1) Scorpion poison killed parents, so must take revenge on God Scorpion
2) Shugods are just machines, so not culpable for murder
3) Shugods have feelings, so they are friends now

Wouldn't 3 recontextualize 2?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like we finally have some legit Blazer images:

Current rumors are saying that the host this time will actually be the commander of his respective organization rather than just a soldier like usual

Edit: Another picture:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 20, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Blazer, we have an actor reveal now as well:

https://twitter.com/OneOneTim/status/1649153098290724864

I think that might be the same actor who played Heart in Kamen Rider Drive

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 20, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Quote is not edit

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

Larryb posted:

I think that might be the same actor who played Heart in Kamen Rider Drive
Your thought is correct. That's Tomoya Warabino, actor for Heart. It also confirms he's not just a married older man (a rarity, the only other one I can think of is Shunichi Maki in The Next), he's also the commander of Blazar's defense team: SKaRD.
Oh also that newspaper doesn't show it but the poster revealed SKaRD has their own knockoff Mechagodzilla named Earthgaron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Trogglodyte posted:

Your thought is correct. That's Tomoya Warabino, actor for Heart. It also confirms he's not just a married older man (a rarity, the only other one I can think of is Shunichi Maki in The Next), he's also the commander of Blazar's defense team: SKaRD.
Oh also that newspaper doesn't show it but the poster revealed SKaRD has their own knockoff Mechagodzilla named Earthgaron.

Hopefully that’s a sign that Blazer is effectively going to be an Ultraman/kaiju buddy cop series