Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You're going to have to narrow it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Hey now mods are very normal people and not at all deranged maniacs drunk on power and status

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The reason I have plat is because someone wanted to PM me about becoming a mod, which frankly is a great indictment against the institution.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

OwlFancier posted:

You're going to have to narrow it down.

And also provide a link.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume it is this one?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030037

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Going out in a blaze of poo poo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030037&perpage=40&noseen=1#post531242070

There’s too much insane terminally online SA Galaxy brain stuff around this for me but it’s all in the new QQCS

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It does seem strange that they apparently didn't like QCS but the new one seems to produce far more meltdowns.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

It does seem strange that they apparently didn't like QCS but the new one seems to produce far more meltdowns.

I try to avoid it because it just shows that lots of people on this hellsite are completely loving insane and the sensible thing to do would be to log off permenantly

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

While we’re doing SA stuff I see the weird mod who used to randomly pop up in here has self immolated in spectacular fashion

Looks like he had his reasons.

I think he did very good work in the Ukraine thread (probed me several times as well, but that's the job). o7

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Huh weird. That's all mostly incomprehensible to me, I only read/post in my very favourite echo chambers and there aren't many spectacular meltdowns there these days.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just Another Lurker posted:

Looks like he had his reasons.

I think he did very good work in the Ukraine thread (probed me several times as well, but that's the job). o7

Lol

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

QCSv2 is great. It's like when they closed the goon sagas thread they said "no more goon sagas thread, let's do this poo poo live".

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
logging off is for cowards imo

I have no idea what's going on and looking at the post didn't help

so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvubknWBzrs

check out this stuff I got on the 'ol trailcam I guess

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A shame to lose kals (CZS) he was a fun guy to shitpost with.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

My actual first post I registered for was asking in E/N if I should move to Britain to study.

Goons said yes and here I am.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Private Speech posted:

My actual first post I registered for was asking in E/N if I should move to Britain to study.

Another SA success story!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Private Speech posted:

My deepest sympathies.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Private Speech posted:

Jesus, I hope they apologised to you

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a britain!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should naturalize... should I naturalize?"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
CZS was involved (on the wrong side) in two different doxxing incidents, one of which was covered up by Fritz the Horse. Kind of hard to come back from, even if they didn't directly doxx anyone.

Private Speech posted:

This must've been from before it was made illegal to encourage self-harm.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

DesperateDan posted:

I have no idea what's going on and looking at the post didn't help

so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvubknWBzrs

check out this stuff I got on the 'ol trailcam I guess

I think you posted it in the other thread at some point, but what trailcam do you use / do you recommend it? I want to put one up to scope out photography spots for beavers and moose.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not reading QCS makes the forums seem much more functional & less deranged, I recommend it

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Forums drama is so upsettingly opaque if you don’t spend your entire life posting across multiple specific threads. It’s like trying to play Elden Ring and understand what the fucks happening.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jakabite posted:

Forums drama is so upsettingly opaque if you don’t spend your entire life posting across multiple specific threads. It’s like trying to play Elden Ring and understand what the fucks happening.

elden ring is very scrutable though

https://twitter.com/PsiHypo/status/1403406303792406533

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
my friend bought me an account like 10 years ago or whatever the gently caress. peak for me was sitting in an IRC channel watching murdoch get pied during leveson. think brown moses might have been in there.

i don't know what 99% of forum specific acronyms mean and i don't care to find out

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

forkboy84 posted:

Not reading QCS makes the forums seem much more functional & less deranged, I recommend it
SAD (and GQS before it) is the second funniest forum on SA though.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jakabite posted:

Lol so true. I pushed myself to enjoy the first 3 zones of Elden Ring and then, like dipping into QQCS v2 today, had a moment of clarity and wondered what the gently caress I’m doing with my life

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I aint reading that mods banme post, if there are funny bits post them here.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
cinci may or not be a decent person idk but they were loving poo poo at modding, and it appears the "job" has given then something like prodromal schizophrenia or at least terminal forums brain so probably best that they peace out

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Jakabite posted:

Someone should make the Saclopedia a wiki and keep it updated for once.

Really weird when you're reading a thread with a couple of camps feuding and suddenly everyone gets together to laugh at some other weirdo instead.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Private Speech posted:

Reporting you to Suella :mods:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

DesperateDan posted:

this but the ignore list. face your forum foes in posting bushido

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Failed Imagineer posted:

cinci may or not be a decent person idk but they were loving poo poo at modding, and it appears the "job" has given then something like prodromal schizophrenia or at least terminal forums brain so probably best that they peace out

I liked cinci he was cool and also yospos poster.

No idea about the drama.

e:

Guavanaut posted:

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a britain!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should naturalize... should I naturalize?"

I've never seriously asked that after Brexit became a thing, it's more like a choice of "do you want to be able to continue living in Britain if you so decide y/n" there's very little downsides beyond the cost and faff.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 18, 2023

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

smellmycheese posted:

While we’re doing SA stuff I see the weird mod who used to randomly pop up in here has self immolated in spectacular fashion

gave me a loving heart attack jesus

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I used to read QCS occasionally just to keep an eye on what was going on when I saw a poo poo load of probed posters in the US thread that I read because I hate myself

Had a look at SAD when it came back and I just cannot be bothered with any of that poo poo. Imagine getting that riled up about an internet forum.

I've read SA for years but I didn't get an account because I didn't have a bank card that worked online (I think it was just a cash card when they were a thing). My first purchase with my debit card was this account. First post was probably in the football subforum maybe? I remember posting around the Slenderman stuff but that might have been after. Christ it's been so long.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Private Speech posted:

I liked cinci he was cool and also yospos poster.

No idea about the drama.

I had no opinion on him other than a Yospos nerd who seemed to be based in Eastern Europe until he started popping up in here trying to do quintessential weirdo mod interventions

EvilHawk posted:

I used to read QCS occasionally just to keep an eye on what was going on when I saw a poo poo load of probed posters in the US thread that I read because I hate myself

Had a look at SAD when it came back and I just cannot be bothered with any of that poo poo. Imagine getting that riled up about an internet forum.

I've read SA for years but I didn't get an account because I didn't have a bank card that worked online (I think it was just a cash card when they were a thing). My first purchase with my debit card was this account. First post was probably in the football subforum maybe? I remember posting around the Slenderman stuff but that might have been after. Christ it's been so long.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I thought CSZ was better after they relaxed a bit in the D&D Ukraine thread, the current iteration is good compared to his previous trigger-happy modding.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

big scary monsters posted:

I think you posted it in the other thread at some point, but what trailcam do you use / do you recommend it? I want to put one up to scope out photography spots for beavers and moose.

right now I have three of them in use but two of them no longer seem to be available for sale- the other is the gardepro a3s which was a little more expensive than the other two but it's a fair bit more modern and does better video in less space on the larger size SD cards

generally they are all much the same between the alphabet soup "brands" and probably come off the same assembly lines- pick one with features you want (I didn't want or need WiFi or Bluetooth poo poo which saved me money) and be prepared for it not to work and need another sent out so buy somewhere with easy returns

two or more cheaper cameras might suit you better than one expensive one if you just want to know what's happening and when, just bear in mind if you are leaving the cameras out somewhere and want to be able to reload them in the field you will need two sets of SD cards and batteries per camera

and it's not so much of an issue anymore but make sure what you get will take rechargeable batteries or you will spend more in batteries than you did on the camera over time

kecske posted:

this but the ignore list. face your forum foes in posting bushido

nothing to fear but a blank rapsheet

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I thought CSZ was better after they relaxed a bit in the D&D Ukraine thread, the current iteration is good compared to his previous trigger-happy modding.

Looking at SAD the issue seems to be he didn't ban someone who was thought might (and did) doxx some poster rather than being overzealous, but I didn't read all that much of the thread.

I dunno that is kindof lovely I guess.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

.... based in Eastern Europe until he started popping up in here trying to do quintessential weirdo mod interventions

He's Lithuanian, i have no idea why he posted in this section.