Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Malt liquor hot takes:

Hurricane is good in a can but not a bottle
Colt 45 is good in a glass bottle but not a can
Steel Reserve should only be consumed out of an unbreakable plastic bottle because after you drink it trying to break the bottle will give you all sorts of entertainment
OE is always good in any vessel, as long as it's cold
Never drink Magnum or King Cobra, King Cobra tastes like dust and Magnum tastes like metal shavings
The greatest malt liquor of all time is Schlitz. It's actually better than their real beer
White Claw is malt liquor
White Claw makes a high gravity version that is as strong as Steel Reserve, the first can is terrible but the second is delicious, just a few cans gets you a first class ticket to the dark oblivion of Blackout Town

no Schlitz malt liquor?
NO SCHLITZ MALT LIQUOR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i know 3 people who turned sober after a few 4loko nights

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
mickeys
haffenreffer private stock

The two best malt liquors

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I can't stand hops and leapt straight to screwdrivers

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Spergin Morlock posted:

no Schlitz malt liquor?
NO SCHLITZ MALT LIQUOR?
You missed it because the line didn't start with "Schlitz". It's just under the middle.

quote:

The greatest malt liquor of all time is Schlitz. It's actually better than their real beer

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

FFT posted:

You missed it because the line didn't start with "Schlitz". It's just under the middle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUFjm-u6RO8

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I figured it was probably a reference, but it's a bad reference since Schlitz was not only mentioned but lauded.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MarkHamill/status/1647316962794676224?s=20
https://twitter.com/MarkHamill/status/1647775792628404224?s=20

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hello... grandson. You're quite good... at turning... me on

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

FFT posted:

I figured it was probably a reference, but it's a bad reference since Schlitz was not only mentioned but lauded.

double take was hilarious

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Eddie Griffin is solid so even though it's a movie from 2001 I'll give it a go

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hamill's your bog-standard well-meaning lib, so I imagine he's serious.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Also "brave drone operator" is a phrase

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If they put brave in parentheses it would be accurate

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

:negative:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
s-sometimes i feew bad a-about indiscwiminatewy m-muwdewing people fwom my gamer chaiw using the death wobot〜☆ i'm so bwave

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
getting hired to be a drone operator and defeating the system from the inside because I suck rear end at videogames

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
anybody there under the blood and soil flag, they're not doing it for the money
e: I remember the first time I learned about the OUN flag, it was a documentary vid (I think by heavy.com maybe) and the filmmaker was interviewing Ukrainian guys in Donbas in like 2015? 2016? and he talks to this one dude stationed in a thoroughly blown up town bunking in some kind of dirt basement under a bombed out building, and he reverently shows the interviewer his blood and soil flag and explains its meaning, those guys are definitely not there for the paycheck

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 13:10 on Apr 18, 2023

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

getting hired to be a drone operator and defeating the system from the inside because I suck rear end at videogames

Getting booted from the army for an insufficient K/D ratio like its a Tribes clan.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

fermun posted:

in college i used to drink 2 OE 40s down to 1 finger width below the top of the label, then pour in instant rice to fill it back up to where its original volume was and then drink them both and that was dinner and a pregame.

Struggling with this one, can we take it slowly? What’s OE? And what on earth did the rice do? You’d drink the ricey liquid?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olde_English_800

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

1.2 litres???? 2 of them? With rice?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
the rice thing is pretty wild, but drinking 2 40s is a classic american past time of alcohol poisoning for college kids

edit: my 40's goto was 2 king cobras before going out to clubs in florida so yeah sums it all up

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Unbelievable.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Haven't you ever seen some college kid doing the Edward 40hands thing? Where you take an already drunk person and tape a 40 to each of their hands?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
the metric scale was key, 40's are an american thing

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
steel reserve makes em in 42 ounces now and the bottles are plastic so you can twist the top off easily after youve already consumed 42 ounces of steel reserve

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Bakers Cousin posted:

the rice thing is pretty wild, but drinking 2 40s is a classic american past time of alcohol poisoning for college kids

edit: my 40's goto was 2 king cobras before going out to clubs in florida so yeah sums it all up

No 40s in florida, unless it's changed at some point in the meantime

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Me, age 19: No forties? Fine, we'll just get a sixer of Mickey's Big Mouths.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Milo and POTUS posted:

perhaps they were 32 oz'rs there then, you are probably correct

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zeroisanumber posted:

Haven't you ever seen some college kid doing the Edward 40hands thing? Where you take an already drunk person and tape a 40 to each of their hands?

i did it once with some friends. you can start sober and you don't have to be in college. wouldnt recommend it though. the concept is always funny but it gets less funny when someone inevitably becomes drunkard smashed glass hands as they sorta forget a glass bottle is tapped in their grip

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Quotey posted:

Struggling with this one, can we take it slowly? What’s OE? And what on earth did the rice do? You’d drink the ricey liquid?
i have a feeling that answering will only raise more questions but:

as others stated, olde english, so a malt liquor that's stronger than normal beer, and 40 ounce bottles so each bottle is about 5 standard drinks, and they are incredibly cheap. and the rice was instant rice, so freeze-dried cooked rice, it just rehydrates immediately, then i could just drink it down and not have to worry about cooking dinner that night. the rice also has a bunch of nucleation points so the co2 would come out of solution faster and that also made it easier to drink the two 40s quickly.

the convenience store near my college apartment had both 40s and small boxes of Minute Rice instant rice, and i could get 2 40s and a box of minute rice for like 8 bucks and be drunk all night and have food in my belly. it was like one of those meal replacement shakes except incredibly boozy and not at all nutritionally balanced.

it started because a friend messed with my 40 when i went to the bathroom by pouring instant rice in it and i didn't have the cash to get another so i just drank it and then i did it intentionally sometimes after that as it was food, got me drunk, and was really cheap.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
what the gently caress you were serious about the rice?

respect. but what the gently caress

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
yeah thats perhaps a bit beyond college broke drunk

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's just smart

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The point about carbonation is legit, that's drinking with your noggin

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They call beer liquid bread so this is just liquid multigrain bread

Broadlybrowsing
Jul 5, 2021
My feeling in college was I could save money on alcohol by drinking on an empty stomach. this was probably unhealthy

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

absolutely stupendous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A Bakers Cousin posted:

perhaps they were 32 oz'rs there then, you are probably correct

Don't beaches sometimes have weird laws with alchohol? Could be that too