Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Spaced God posted:

Didn't they already do this?
iirc a while back there was a leak that he'd ordered a review of the policy, but it wasn't explicitly changed until now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

can i get a nude tay?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1648390325956739078?t=bjhB9ZFpR7X9tBaxEOHZ1A&s=19
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1648392268749893634?t=Yk_tGUz93IAXV1M8fnPk3w&s=19

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the nws budget is over a billion a year and they can't make a loving web page

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
NWS can just take over everyone's phones if something is coming. Twitter was just another method of informing the public.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"gently caress you, pay me if you want to save lives".

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

i dont use twitter

Catturd2 is part of the essential Elon Musk Canon.

As posted above he's a divorced 60 yo Florida man who posts conservative political commentary on Twitter as well as hosting a conservative political podcast.

For some inexplicable reason, it is very important to Elon that he gets Catturd's approval. The "looking into it" bit that gets repeated in this thread, iirc, comes partially from Catturd2 whining about how he's still being shadowbanned and having followers removed despite Elon throwing out the SJW mods and that there are probably still secret SJWs at the company trying to censor conservative speech to which Elon replies "looking into it".

Elon acts as Catturd2's personal customer service representative for Twitter

Just a Moron has issued a correction as of 20:01 on Apr 18, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the milk machine posted:

they should hire elon to make the website

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon loves cat turds

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"gently caress you, pay me if you want to save lives".

Tbf this is just standard practice now

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm curious how much this is techbro follow-the-leader now that Elno's doing it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Why should I save lives if it does not profit me?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If the NWS pays Twitter for API access then Twitter become government-backed media right?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm curious how much this is techbro follow-the-leader now that Elno's doing it.

Look at the date of the article lmao

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
Feels like one team is killing Twitter while the other is gonna kill Discord, then they will tag team and make VPNs like, a felony

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NWS's websites are kinda crap. They all have the same dated visual format, but even worse is every regional office puts things in different places. Thankfully a lot of their real time warning graphics are integrated with apps like Radarscope, which is relatively easy to use

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Squashy posted:

Feels like one team is killing Twitter while the other is gonna kill Discord, then they will tag team and make VPNs like, a felony
Why need all that when we'll have X, the everything app

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

lmao shellenberger in the replies shilling his bullshit. Shelly is by far the most pathetic and contemptible Twitter-adjacent person in this whole saga, even moreso than Elon

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

shyduck posted:

NWS's websites are kinda crap. They all have the same dated visual format, but even worse is every regional office puts things in different places. Thankfully a lot of their real time warning graphics are integrated with apps like Radarscope, which is relatively easy to use

Is it at least functional? I remember having to use some data from them a decade ago and their site was reasonable, no ads and the like in sight.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

shyduck posted:

that's what a website should look like

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

withak posted:

If the NWS pays Twitter for API access then Twitter become government-backed media right?

Been saying this. Also if any govt account pays for twitter blue..

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
i hope the starship test launch goes 100% smoothly

and every subsequent launch loaded with starlink satellites explodes on the launch pad

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Just a Moron posted:

For some inexplicable reason, it is very important to Elon that he gets Catturd's approval.

How old is Elon's dad?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

How old is Elon's dad?

like Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, and George W Bush, he is a true boomer born in 1946

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Someone contact Eisenhower, he needs to know about this.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i think most things of any size are fundamentally vulnerable to (ballistic) things

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he's right

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
hes going to post an equation soon, like F=ma, if he hasnt already

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

the milk machine posted:

This is a really easy fix for anyone with an iPhone, the weather app already sends notifications for adverse weather if you enable it.

It’s a better solution than relying on that idiot Elon and twitter which a fraction of people use anyway.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

!

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

So is Elon

Makes u think

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Based on current trends, probably close to zero large ships in US too by end of April

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Martian posted:

So is Elon

Makes u think

https://twitter.com/Morbidful/status/1646189735008784385

Concerning

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I would love to be killed this way

Mods? Make it happen

E: 16bb if you could give me a sixer with this as the reason I'd appreciate it

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 21:59 on Apr 18, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kunster posted:

Is it at least functional? I remember having to use some data from them a decade ago and their site was reasonable, no ads and the like in sight.
I remember having issues with finding historical data. I just noticed a lack of consistency with what offices would make available and where on the site you could access it, and we're talking about comparable data. Maybe it's better now, I don't know. Just found it frustrating

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I just remember it loading quickly and being up during the govt shutdown, which served my needs at the time since I needed some imagery of tides in the North Atlantic.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its hard to find anything on the NWS website should be updated so its easier to find things if you arent a weather nerd

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

new metric dropped

https://twitter.com/TitterDaily/status/1648373383099297792?t=fxEEAfWO6pjkFGM83ELgkg&s=19

gotta maximize that unregretted user time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
So far ebong has reached a record regretted owner time on twitter