Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Wasn't the introductory story for the stoat-turned-turtle character about how there were these poachers who had killed and skinned her family and that the pelt industry was evil? Just thought I'd mention that. :v:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (May 20, 1935)

Peanuts (April 20, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 17, 1939)

Olive & Popeye

Out Our Way (July 31-August 2, 1941; spoilered for The Usual Reasons (of the Ick variety))

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

amigolupus posted:

Wasn't the introductory story for the stoat-turned-turtle character about how there were these poachers who had killed and skinned her family and that the pelt industry was evil? Just thought I'd mention that. :v:
Good catch but that will happen, like, 8-9 years later than this one from the past. This is also more just like "using every part of the kill that you ate".

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Hostile V posted:

Good catch but that will happen, like, 8-9 years later than this one from the past. This is also more just like "using every part of the kill that you ate".
This prompts the question: are they murdering fellow children or are they just killing very small adults?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Drakyn posted:

This prompts the question: are they murdering fellow children or are they just killing very small adults?
Yeah.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Selachian posted:

[
Bonus Headline That Reads Differently If You Don't Know It's From a Florida Paper!

I like the little blurb at the bottom too. What am I supposed to do with this information, rush out and tell my broker to invest everything in Algerian real estate?

Algeria in 1941 was under Vichy control. Get the property before operation Torch and values go up…

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Drakyn posted:

Here's my take -

Do you wear clothes in Animal Hell World? No? Then it's a free for all. If you are a prey species you have to rely on [Animal Trait] or [Punchline] to escape being processed and packaged as foodstuff. If you are a predator, then you are more likely to be on the receiving end of Wile E Coyote style ACME comeuppance.

If you do wear clothes, then you are a part of "society", where if you are prey, it's only OK to kill you for food related purposes, but if you show up in more than 2 strips and have a name, you're safe. If you are a predator and wear clothes, then you will be killed and eaten by RL or Coney, depending on which is funnier. If you wear clothes, but venture out into the "Wild" then you are under threat of Predators regardless of diet, but see above Wile E/Named Character correlation.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
In short: You are putting way more thought into it than Holbrook ever did.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Just for today, I am not Vargo. Simply because I don't want to pay Vargo's taxes. I will resume being Vargo tomorrow. Still, here are today's Vargomics.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Should have gone with the giant empty box with a joke poem in it.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

for anyone curious, BCN is the way it is this week because georgia dunn had some hand issues + surgery

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Doc and Wyatt give Ike something to ruminate on, or young Blueberry makes a decision, or Mike obtains what is key for his plan...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 15, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

do you think twitter dying will keep the AI and nepo baby/modern social slang out of comics o-ah who am I kidding, the New York Times will never stop being corny and that's where they get their poo poo

riderchop fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 18, 2023

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Shouldn't those two be plants?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Just over here doin' the needful.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

"Grandma Rose you're loving awful and I want nothing to do with you after you forced your employees to work at your mansion during the pandemic."

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Hostile V posted:

"Grandma Rose you're loving awful and I want nothing to do with you after you forced your employees to work at your mansion during the pandemic."

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll come around :haw:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (July 31-August 2, 1941; spoilered for The Usual Reasons (of the Ick variety))

A solid 60% of the Big Ick strips are him having a 900 IQ solution to a problem and being told to fix it “right” and the follow up comics showing he was right. Which I always enjoy. Then there’s the 20%, which are just physical comedy at his expense. Which have not aged well at all.
( The other 20% are both.)

What I’m saying is that today I gambled and lost.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

Pefletti = a thin removable seat cover, usually either cloth or plastic. I assume any such seat cover can be a pefletti, but for me they're by far most familiar from public saunas.

ANSU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/23/50

Let's Dunk on Archie's Fat Dad 2/17-19/47

Selachian fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 19, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

hmm I could lay low or upgrade this scam, which I have stated is entirely legal, to murder in the first degree

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House, in which one of the Major's own finds him. (November 5-7, 1923)

Toonerville Folks (January 6-8, 1921)

Dok's "Next Time Phone Ahead" Duck (September 12, 1914, spoilered for the usual issues)

And speaking of the many ways cartoons can betray you, a picture from above the fold on the front page.

Little Lefty (May 16-18, 1938 (which I know I used before, but there was a "whoops" cascade that got me scrambled for a bit.))

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 19, 2023

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Kit + The Wolf

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

I have no memory of Wolverine attending a stadium musical event in a comic, but then, I really haven’t read many X-Men comics that came out after 1993. All I know is: he probably shouldn’t do it on account of his heightened super-senses and general irascibility.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The_Other posted:

Kit + The Wolf

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

Is that a young Weird Al in foreground

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The_Other posted:

Kit + The Wolf

Gosh, that jacket looks familiar...

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Local Dog Succeeds Again

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Apr 16, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 17-18, 1993)

Big Nate

Dunce

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 16, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Don't you make new holes when you have to tighten your belt?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My Lovely Horse posted:

Don't you make new holes when you have to tighten your belt?

Or extend.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I mean I guess, every belt I ever owned had holes more or less right up to the end though. I'm gonna chalk it down to the 40s were different and the belts had holes towards the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My Lovely Horse posted:

I mean I guess, every belt I ever owned had holes more or less right up to the end though. I'm gonna chalk it down to the 40s were different and the belts had holes towards the middle.

It’s a visual gag.