Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

So for whatever reason I got put in Bronze Support, I haven't played a Bronze game in like years at this point. This is actually a ton of fun and I get why people smurf. I am basically owning entire teams as Brig and they seem unable to even just loving swing at/shoot me.
people also like watching streamers actually smurf, which encourages the problem even more :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What's the "beginner" mode? Was trying AI but most people seem to be grinding it for XP so I barely can do anything.

Trying Unranked but seems like there's no mmr?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What's the "beginner" mode? Was trying AI but most people seem to be grinding it for XP so I barely can do anything.

Trying Unranked but seems like there's no mmr?

There's hidden MMR in unranked and it should be tuned for new players to get a slow roll into normal play. The typical suggestion I'd make in a AAA game is to go where the game prods you to.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

There's hidden MMR in unranked and it should be tuned for new players to get a slow roll into normal play. The typical suggestion I'd make in a AAA game is to go where the game prods you to.

so far every match is like this lol:

like can't even do anything at all, end up stuck in the spawn area

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That doesn't even look bad, to be honest. I see a lot worse in Comp all the time.

OW2 is super swingy so it's always a stomp one way or the other and the matchmaking sucks rear end. Especially in Unranked.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Since when did they remove auto-aim from Ana's scoped healing?
It used to be that it would auto-hit damaged allies if they were within the triangle but in OW2 it doesn't seem to do poo poo anymore.

This shot misses completely.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Ana has never had that mechanic, the projectile is just quite large

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jack Trades posted:

It used to be that it would auto-hit damaged allies if they were within the triangle but in OW2 it doesn't seem to do poo poo anymore.

That's just the Genji passive that makes them auto-dodge any friendly healing.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Issaries posted:

That's just the Genji passive that makes them auto-dodge any friendly healing.

me: *miss* *miss* *miss* *scope in* *miss* *miss* "loving STAY STILL" *wastes anti-nade on the genji*

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

Dude imagine how hard it'd be to focus on healing anyone if it auto targeted for you in that big rear end triangle. Holy lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hashy posted:

Ana has never had that mechanic, the projectile is just quite large

Some Google-fu is telling me that I apparently mixed it up with a mechanic she has on console, but not on PC.

Although I could swear it was easier to hit friendly genji's in OW1, but I could easily be misremembering it, I suppose.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

No, you're not alone. I thought if the person was within that inner triangle got healed even without the crosshair being on them. Could have sworn it happened too, I use a mouse and keyboard.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure I saw some prominent streamer say the triangle thing in an Ana tips video

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I'm gonna be honest about my badness here, I almost never zoom in as Ana. In fact I am usually way too much forward and use her gun as a point blank shotgun. I really like the sleep dart/nade so that's why I still even play her.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i spent a bit of time on iostuxs aim trainer as ana and it made me realise just how slow the sleep dart is. even the unscoped shot is quite slow but at half speed its basically matrix bullet time

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
obviously stats aren't the end-all be-all but ML7 thinks he needs some help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quseAlN0k7c

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

i think this is the first time that i wish people would stop picking the new hero because it's so bad

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Inept posted:

i think this is the first time that i wish people would stop picking the new hero because it's so bad

like there's cool stuff he can do but is that cool stuff better than healing your team or killing the enemy? not really

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Are the Anniversary and Archives events just gone for good now? If PvE isn't coming until 2024, at least give us some stale leftovers to snack on until then.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Dick Jones posted:

Are the Anniversary and Archives events just gone for good now? If PvE isn't coming until 2024, at least give us some stale leftovers to snack on until then.

The switch over to 2's engine somehow borked the balance to Junkenstein's NPC cast from creeps to bosses, so they may still be trying to fix that.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i spent a bit of time on iostuxs aim trainer as ana and it made me realise just how slow the sleep dart is. even the unscoped shot is quite slow but at half speed its basically matrix bullet time
the sleep dart feels like it has a giant hitbox to make up for it

i like to mess with EKCE6 every now and then since it has configurable strafe randomness. it's probably best to decrease the damage, increase mag size, and just have like 1-3 characters with small hitboxes. the iostux strafe speeds are too long to model how evasive most players are going to be when actively shot at in the open.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

oh yeah also on fast ad strafing players or bots, you should aim predicting as much as possible. you should only be reactive to changes in direction if you predict they are going in a single direction for a long time.

almost every single time you shoot something in an fps game it's a prediction.

this is against the common wisdom i've seen which is to always react to the target, which is a terrible idea.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I had a QP game where the enemy Rammatra got life-gripped back during his ult so it almost instantly ended.

Twice.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

New lifeweaver tech coming in hot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibjrygSgf70&t=332s

tldr: If Lifeweaver pulls you up vertically and you use Movement ability like Mcree roll, Winston Jump or some other things like Mei's Ice block, you will get sling shotted far and fast.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"Supp diff!" screams the Tank with no game sense while his Supports have literally 3 times the healing of the other team.

This loving game.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
https://twitter.com/OWCavalry/status/1648389881301794823?t=ORU7lrLarJyrmwWsPyKGng&s=19

:kiddo:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Is it viable to unlock the battlepass in the free way? I see it costs 1000 overwatch coins and there's a bunch of "earn 100 coins" unlocks.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Pretty sure that's the OW1 coins and can only be used to buy old skins. If you grind out the challenges you can probably buy every second battlepass.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Ah I see there's Gold/Silver/Blue coins.

edit: dam all the silver coin sucks kinda suck! is buying skins the only way to get the good ones?

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 18, 2023

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Ah I see there's Gold/Silver/Blue coins.

edit: dam all the silver coin sucks kinda suck! is buying skins the only way to get the good ones?

I guess it depends what you like. I like a lot of the old skins that you can buy with the lower tier coins. Battlepass is good too. You can earn enough to buy a battlepass after about 2 seasons of playing, but the 10 bucks is worth it for me because I like the progression and supporting dev a little bit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

There's an even easier way to remove weapon switching from him.
Just make his dash work the same way Hanzo's dash works and put his platform on Shift and weapon on RMB.

Blizzard is just completely incompetent.

Can I get my commission now? Thanks.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

:hellyeah:

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Now do mercy like that.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

headcase posted:

Now do mercy like that.

Mercy right click can shoot would be a huge change, it would be enough to get me to play her finally.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

socialsecurity posted:

Mercy right click can shoot would be a huge change, it would be enough to get me to play her finally.

Of course you would put it on primary.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jack Trades posted:

Feels like stuff that should've shaken out in testing but also I guess it did ha

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I dont have net rn and I miss playing HOG

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

PantsBandit posted:

Feels like stuff that should've shaken out in testing but also I guess it did ha

I don't think Blizzard actually does testing. At least it was pretty clear the Hearthstone team never bothered with it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://youtu.be/9SdUnt9lBKg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Anyone else just having a much better ranked experience this season?

I'm still a pretty new player (this will be my third season ever playing Overwatch), but after two seasons of being hard stuck high bronze/low silver, I started this at Bronze 3 and I'm now Gold 2 with a 67% win rate, thinking Plat is going to be a pretty realistic goal. I don't know if there are matchmaking changes helping things, or if something really just clicked and I made a big jump but I'm just kind of riding the wave. I guess, analyzing it, the biggest difference to me seems to be I am getting a better grasp of overall what is happening during a game, and as a support I'm far more often already sending heals to things that are about to get hit instead of just reacting. I'm not saying I'm some super game genius or anything, but I guess maybe the jump is all down to gaining better game sense. Still it feels like I've just had more comfy matches, far far far fewer leavers, no trolling throwers etc.