Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah but Dubuque has that A&W that still serves draught root beer and it's like 2+ hours before you hit one in WI or IL. Other than that... Dubuque makes the Quad Cities seem nice.

I love Dubuque. I lived here for eight years the first time around, and it'll be two years again next month. It's a beautiful river city with some amazing restaurants, beautiful parks, and some really dear friends.

But Iowa as a whole has gone so far backwards that I can't really call this state home anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, Chuck Grassley has been a relatively manageable blight on the state's reputation for a looong time, but that governor really is a piece of poo poo. it's a shame because the eastern half of the state is actually pretty civilized.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, Chuck Grassley has been a relatively manageable blight on the state's reputation for a looong time, but that governor really is a piece of poo poo. it's a shame because the eastern half of the state is actually pretty civilized.

We used to be called "the state of Dubuque," because the county was so reliably blue, but even that isn't true anymore.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

*extremely somber*: HOooonk

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I loved Mario 2, aka Doki Doki Panic. If that ever came to the silver screen, I want a scene where they have to get across a large gap, and Mario jumps on an egg from the conveniently placed Birdo, Luigi just jumps across, Peach uses her floating power to go across, and Toad just goes into the building / maze, and comes out the other side.

Oh, I see that's a Mario 2 aka Lost Levels joke. Well I beat that game when I got my SNES so ok, I get it now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1648359283132710918

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJDcoqrh1ac

Nov 6, 2002

They needed IVF to become pregnant, both look like they have 20/200 eyesight and would explode if they were in direct sunlight. But sure, genetically superior.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They needed IVF to become pregnant, both look like they have 20/200 eyesight and would explode if they were in direct sunlight. But sure, genetically superior.

:preacher:

It never fails

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol I like how the baby already knows his parents are lame as hell

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

I loved Mario 2, aka Doki Doki Panic. If that ever came to the silver screen, I want a scene where they have to get across a large gap, and Mario jumps on an egg from the conveniently placed Birdo, Luigi just jumps across, Peach uses her floating power to go across, and Toad just goes into the building / maze, and comes out the other side.

Oh, I see that's a Mario 2 aka Lost Levels joke. Well I beat that game when I got my SNES so ok, I get it now.

At the risk of a major spoiler

They’re all in this movie and Peach floats.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

Their kids names are Octavian and Torsten lol.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Torsten is definitely the name of the mid level manager who's really pushing everyone back into the office.

Nov 6, 2002

They're coming after ehud.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Let’s ignore the weird eugenicist freaks and argue about food instead. I am not a fan of earring soft foods that have mold on them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I am only halfway through this test but I"m going to tell you that I am eating every goddamned thing.

e: moldy bread is my thing apparently. I would prefer not to eat bread that had mold on it if the part was cut away. But mostly because I have more bread that is not moldy ready to go I think. Now cheese, slicing off some mold I'm fine with, I'm eating goddamned cheese here.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 18, 2023

Nov 6, 2002

29%. The not eating snacks from bugs really did me in.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 18, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Yeah mold on bread or on jam I’m not messing with. My understanding is that even if you don’t see it elsewhere it spreads very easily through those. Hard cheese? A-OK.

I’ll be in Oaxaca starting on Thursday and apparently fried grasshoppers (chapulines) are a thing there. Will report back.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They're coming after ehud.

You know...as I've gotten older, I'm much less hardcore about lifting. I recently replaced two of my lifting days with walking at a local park because my body felt tired and I wanted to be out in nature more often.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

55.63%

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

A chef using the same tasting spoon repeatedly is gross, though. I'm grabbing a new spoon every time if I'm cooking for anyone other than my wife and me.

Nov 6, 2002

every time lol??

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Freaquency posted:

Let’s ignore the weird eugenicist freaks and argue about food instead. I am not a fan of earring soft foods that have mold on them.

I wonder if my extreme aversion to so many things is how I'm nearing year 14 of my no vomit streak.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol is this bad?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Guess I'm most grossed out if others mess with my food.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I have tasting spoons for this purpose but it’s really an appearance thing, not because I think it’s truly unsanitary. It’s a “if they’re doing this, what else are they trying to get away with” flag for me.

Ehud posted:

I wonder if my extreme aversion to so many things is how I'm nearing year 14 of my no vomit streak.

I would be carrying a streak going back to college if it weren’t for some jelly donuts the office brought in for Hanukkah, so

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you got moldy bread, then you can't just cut that off, there's mold you can't see all over it!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Fox News settled.

https://twitter.com/MichaelJElston/status/1648416356490936321

Nov 6, 2002

Booo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

Fox News settled.
Dominion settled, or allowed Fox to, which

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Some people are so picky I wonder how they haven't starved to death yet.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://imgur.io/7XWjZ97
It's hailing in Newport. :mad:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Probably from my time spent working in bars and restaurants.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The thing that really gets me about this video is that she's in the game for like maybe five scenes.

https://twitter.com/scarmarket/status/1648058166112931842

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Kinda related to food disgust chat,
guess the new thing is smelling sheep aromas while eating food derived from sheep's milk?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Settlement is claimed to be $787.5m for Dominion btw.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
ça pue la merde!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

The thing that really gets me about this video is that she's in the game for like maybe five scenes.

https://twitter.com/scarmarket/status/1648058166112931842

And is also the first person to try and murder someone else in that game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ehud posted:

Yeah, this doesn't worry me at all because the kids of these types of parents always end up loving hating their parents. If somehow their kids end up the ruling elite of the next generation, it will be because they did the opposite of whatever their parents tried to make them do, but most likely they'll be insanely stressed by parental pressure until sometime in their teens or early twenties and they discover weed and then just get stoned and float along on their inherited privilege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I think it might be about time for me to look for an exit ramp from this tree job.

Our sales in my area have been extremely snake-bit for a little over a month now, during what should normally be one of our busiest times of the year. In that month I have had no appointments and the only jobs I've sold have been 2 or 3 to my own loving house. I have been sent home for a day without pay for not hitting my daily estimate/sale quota twice in the last 3 weeks, and I've heard talk of the company owner thinking about doing this to other salespeople for entire weeks if poo poo doesn't pick up soon.

The only other sales rep for my area hasn't been having much better luck than me, based on what he's told me in conversation. We HAD a third rep who started around mid to late March, but I found out last week that he up and quit after like 3 weeks on the job, and hell I don't blame him.

I have hung on at this place way longer than anyone should, mostly because I am a spineless coward with almost no sense of self-worth or confidence in any of my other marketable skills and I've been too desperate for a paycheck to want to risk going somewhere else that might turn out to be worse... but things at this company are coming to such a head right now that I am honestly questioning whether my branch will even survive another month.