Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

DLC healer is probably the best healing class in the game. Reason being, it has a lot of recharge in the skills and it's Keves, so you can equip the Signifer suite. End result, a better version of the best healer of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

AlternateNu posted:

Any recommendations on who to give Iota Goods to? Are any of the rewards especially good? Or is it really just whoever you like most?

You eventually get more, enough to give to everybody, so give them to the people you like first.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I got the DOC and kinda like having this tank hero along for the ride this early. It lets me run 3 dps and makes everything feel smoother.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
https://twitter.com/PROCYONSTUDIO/status/1643173581784752129

Soundtrack is announced for July 29th and it includes DLC Wave 4 songs, so it's highly likely the last wave will release on/before then.

Also a bunch of other Xenoblade music stuff announced including a 20 disc box of all the music from Definitive Edition + FC + 2 + Torna + 3.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Given how much I love the music work put into these games, I might have to get the box set of the trilogy. RIP wallet.

e: Oh my god the 3 limited edition has replica flutes but the trilogy set doesn't. This is how people get decision paralysis.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 4, 2023

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Can you buy the soundtrack digitally anywhere, instead? I love the music but I really don't want to have a bunch of CDs cluttering up the house.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Can you buy the soundtrack digitally anywhere, instead? I love the music but I really don't want to have a bunch of CDs cluttering up the house.

Itunes has the soundtracks for XBC2 and Torna but nothing else unfortunately.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Silver Falcon posted:

Like Mill Village said 2 and Torna are already available digitally and 3 and DE will be available to buy digitally once they release, no word on streaming though. The OG Xenoblade soundtrack will probably stay CD only though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Mill Village posted:

Itunes has the soundtracks for XBC2 and Torna but nothing else unfortunately.

I've never used iTunes. Can you just download songs you buy there on regular media players, or do you have to use the official app(s)? (I'm guessing the answer is "lol, no" but figured I'd ask...)

Toad King posted:

Like Mill Village said 2 and Torna are already available digitally and 3 and DE will be available to buy digitally once they release, no word on streaming though. The OG Xenoblade soundtrack will probably stay CD only though.

Ah, this is good to know. Don't need streaming. Just looking for "purchase and download the music so I can listen to it on Winamp or whatever."

I have the OG soundtrack already.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Silver Falcon posted:

I've never used iTunes. Can you just download songs you buy there on regular media players, or do you have to use the official app(s)? (I'm guessing the answer is "lol, no" but figured I'd ask...)

No clue about Apple Music but they're on Amazon as well for downloads, pretty sure you can just buy and download those.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1C6NN1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L5FKRQZ

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Amazon just gives you MP3s if you buy it on there. No weird formats like iTunes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I once attempted to buy the XC2 OST on iTunes, and I had to get it refunded because half of it was somehow region locked.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Toad King posted:

No clue about Apple Music but they're on Amazon as well for downloads, pretty sure you can just buy and download those.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1C6NN1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L5FKRQZ

Huh. I have never tried buying music on Amazon. No idea why that didn't occur to me.

Mill Village posted:

Amazon just gives you MP3s if you buy it on there. No weird formats like iTunes.

No-frills MP3s are just what I need! And the soundtrack to XBC3 and the DE will be available the same way later in the year?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Mill Village posted:

The iTunes format isn't weird at this point. Pretty much any player can play AAC.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Toad King posted:

https://twitter.com/PROCYONSTUDIO/status/1643173581784752129

Soundtrack is announced for July 29th and it includes DLC Wave 4 songs, so it's highly likely the last wave will release on/before then.

Also a bunch of other Xenoblade music stuff announced including a 20 disc box of all the music from Definitive Edition + FC + 2 + Torna + 3.

how does xenoblade 3 have a 9 hour long soundtrack and the chain attack song is two minutes long

that's hosed up

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Silver Falcon posted:

No-frills MP3s are just what I need! And the soundtrack to XBC3 and the DE will be available the same way later in the year?

Yeah, they'll probably go up August 2nd which is the release date for the regular, non-special edition CD soundtracks.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

turn off the TV posted:

how does xenoblade 3 have a 9 hour long soundtrack and the chain attack song is two minutes long

that's hosed up

the chain attack music is what the "10-hour youtube version" was made for

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Trawling videos during Easter holidays I happened down a vtuber playthrough of 2. The video with Rex's line (you know the one) it's about one month before 3's release.

I can confirm the line is at least ten times funnier now and the reactions twenty times funnier.

Do we have a rough date for 4th DLC release? I'm loving glad for this dumb series, ever since what I once described as a friend as "this is one of the best jRPGs in the PS1 era; well, disc one is".

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Random Question: if I use my bonus xp to level all my heroes to like 10 levels past the rest of the party, does that affect xp/cp/etc gain?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

after cycling in and out of this game multiple times I finally sat myself down to finish the story and I swear to god the 4th dlc better give me my god drat happy ending instead of this dumb bittersweet one :argh:

Also because I'm sick in the head I decided I'm going to try to get every X gem and master every blue mage spell is there a good way to track either of those things? Especially the former because I hacked together something from an old reddit post for the blue mage stuff that will probably work fine if there's not something more intricate out there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DLC Trailer

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

It's a really cool trailer that shows off more of what exactly to expect. I was eating a very nice pasta I made and then had to start screaming becAUSE IT COMES OUT NEXT FUCKIGN TUESDAY

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

So are we figuring that Niall is (for real end-game spoilers srsly don't click this if you haven't finished the game) Noah and Mio's kid? That was the vibe I got.

However my brain is fried at the moment so I could just be imagining things.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

shulk

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnghnhnnnnn

rex

https://twitter.com/TropicalMaku/status/1648496524786294784

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1648496891733348352?s=20

a Miobo

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
shulk...

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this theme fucks

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Rex looks like he's eaten nothing but red meat for the past decade.

This is the perfect thing to occupy my time until Zelda deletes all other games from existence in a few weeks. Wondering if I should just continue my end save or NG+...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm continuing my save. I had left myself all the postgame megaspoiler Nia's daughters stuff to do later on when the DLC story was close by and welp. I'll do that and the DLC heroes and a bunch of other stuff until the DLC comes out and then chug that DLC in two weeks aaaaaa

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012

Doesn't Mio already have multiple figures announced? That's all well and good, but where's a Eunie figure...

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Guess I'll stop scrolling here and not read the thread till next week, that's enough; maybe I can bring myself to finish the baseline story now.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Farg posted:

this theme fucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EbUelN2UpA

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dropping the news for this a week out and giving me all of 2 weeks to play through it before Tears of the Kingdom.

A Sinister Rap posted:

Doesn't Mio already have multiple figures announced? That's all well and good, but where's a Eunie figure...

Here you go

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Rex's new look is like the first look at Chris "Beefbus" Redfield in Resident Evil 4

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rex gonna start punching boulders.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the girl who looks like pyra's daughter and the boy who looks like fiora's son randomly being here seems like they're setting up for the funniest possible xenoblade plot point and i am devastated that it seemingly doesn't come to pass

e: having finally seen the character names it actually seems like the DLC plot might just be batshit insane instead of including an epilogue, hosed up

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 19, 2023

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

turn off the TV posted:

e: having finally seen the character names it actually seems like the DLC plot might just be batshit insane instead of including an epilogue, hosed up

given the leaked cutscene names back from Feb, actually I wouldn't say that an epilogue is off the table just yet

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

MechaX posted:

given the leaked cutscene names back from Feb, actually I wouldn't say that an epilogue is off the table just yet

Those are what I'm referring to. Matthew's sister is named Na'el and their grandfather is named Ghondor. So there's a pretty good chance that "Ghondor's choice" is referring to grandad and "Na'el's World" is the penultimate cutscene.

On the other hand, a lot of those last 10 chapter titles really do seem like they might be a flash forward and the promotional image for this DLC featured Noah's sword, so I guess there's still a chance. It just seems a lot less likely to me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

What the gently caress is Riku doing in that trailer