Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Catching up on some PS5 backlog, anything I should know before getting started on Spiderman: Miles Morales?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

Catching up on some PS5 backlog, anything I should know before getting started on Spiderman: Miles Morales?

He is has out of breath cutscene dialog if you're doing active stuff before it triggers. Not a tip it's just cool.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
Thanks for the extra Yakuza tips.

I wasn't searching on the wiki properly. I just typed in "Yakuza" and hit enter and it took me to the "Yakuza" page. I was expecting it to take me to a list of options (like if you search for "Zelda") but I guess because the search term matched the page name exactly it just took me direct to the page.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Shooting Blanks posted:

The game's missions usually make your Camo seem like just a stealth section thing but don't forget about it in combat as well. Especially the Blinding Light move that isn't advertised much, which is a way to turn off Camo as a stun move for nearby enemies.

Other than that the game is good about not having missables or stuff you can't get back to for a long time.

I just started playing it again after being away for a while so if you have questions later on, lemme know.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Here's some tips for DREDGE since I just beat it.

* The one resource you are going to be short on is research parts. You will not get enough naturally to max out your research, so you should decide what researches to get. Here are my recommendations for each research tab:

* Engines: You get two distinct paths. I recommend the top path that ends immediately with the 1x1 size Jet Drive Engine and buying a bunch of those. They are almost as fast as the final tiers of the bottom path and save you a lot of research parts. As well, because of their shapes, the large engines on the bottom path are awkward to fit into your ship, and even at the end you won't be able to use every engine slot efficiently with them. Finally, they work as damage insurance. If your hull gets damaged it X's out a random tile of your inventory, and anything within that tile gets broken until you repair it. If you have one of the big engines then taking 1 damage can completely wipe out your speed. If you have a bunch of little engines it isn't such a big deal to lose one of them. I took the bottom path and did not have enough research parts to max it out by the end of the game alongside all the other stuff I needed to research.

* Rods: You will need to be able to fish up every type to get through the game. There are many mandatory quests that ask for a specific fish and you must have the appropriate rod to be able to get it. Most of them are only* acquired through research. The combination ones are more for convenience since it only takes a bit of time to go back to the shipyard and switch rods, but that does get annoying. There are a lot of options, but you can't really go wrong here as long as you don't completely neglect this page. I went for the combination coastal/shallow/mangrove/volcanic and abyssal/hadal/oceanic rods and was pretty satisfied.

* Nets and crab pots: These are mainly for passive fishing which saves a lot of time from having to manually fish for money, at the expense of having to repair them from time to time. You get some free starter ones which are sufficient for the quests that need them, but the upgraded ones are much more profitable. These are not as crucial to research for the main quest as engines or rods, but they really help with affording upgrades. It's up to you which you prefer, nets are more convenient but you have to sacrifice some rod space, while with crab pots you have to spend more time fiddling with them. Personally I recommend the middle line of the nets since they have by far the highest passive yield.

* There is only one sellable dredge treasure that is needed for a sidequest: The one requested by the distraught father in Little Marrow. Every other treasure that you can sell to the trader has no purpose other than selling, even if the flavor text suggests otherwise.

* There is no time limit, however there are a few time-limited side quests. If you come across any characters stuck on some random island away from civilization asking for help, you should consider making whatever they request a priority, or you might come back to find them dead. It's not a super tight timer but don't just forget about them and expect to be able to do them 2 months later after you beat the main story. Their time limit starts after you encounter them for the first time.

* The game does not explain many of its mechanics. For example, the foghorn and light switch have hidden functionality that is never hinted at and is not obvious. So you should experiment with your tools in different situations.

* All the stats you get from installing equipment stacks, even if doesn't seem like it would make sense. For example even if you have some big ultimate rod, you can throw on the basic 1x2 starting rod in a free spot to improve your fishing speed. So consider storing old gear instead of selling/destroying it unless you have something better of that size.

* There is a hidden second ending. But you can get both endings on the same save file since the game does not save after you beat it.

* When you use the telescope out at sea, make sure to turn your view with the right analog stick instead of the left. Using the left analog stick will physically turn your ship which takes up ingame time, like sailing around. Using the right analog stick is just like looking around and doesn't take ingame time.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 10, 2023

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Oxygen Not Included:

* When exploring, keep an eye out for formations of 4 horizontal undiggable neutronium tiles in a row. There will be hidden vents, geysers, or volcanoes above them. You can check what kind they are before digging them out by assigning them "Yellow alert" priority and mousing over the warning message that appears. Gas vents are 4 tiles tall by 2 wide, liquid geysers and volcanoes are 2 tall by 4 wide. Once you dig them out, they'll periodically start producing their indicated resource, so be thoughtful. If the resource isn't going to be useful or you're not prepared to deal with it, leave it buried.

* Many gas vents erupt hot (up to 500 Celsius), so you'll want to surround the area with insulating tiles, have a way to cool the gas down and make the pumps that will be dealing with it out of more robust metals before digging the vent out.

Random Hajile fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 10, 2023

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

Disciples: Liberation is pretty straightforward. One thing that can throw you off a bit is that the roleplaying dialogue doesn't necessarily correspond to the good/evil/neutral choice you're being given (e.g. "evil" is quite frequently "petty rear end in a top hat") but it's generally not a big deal.

For stuff that's actually relevant, I'd say that:

* Companions can leave you if you piss them off sufficiently or make certain choices in their quests.

* Reputation with the four factions is important because it unlocks higher tiers of their units. It's generally a good idea to focus on one or two factions at maximum.

* That being said, apparently it's possible to go through the game without joining forces with anyone and the story accomodates for that; you also get a good amount of units from quests.

* Some quests will have consequences further down the line.

* You'll probably get enough experience to max or almost max two skill trees during a playthrough; you can also respec so you can't really mess up your build.

I'd like to thank you—and everyone else who does it—for writing these with asterisks as bullet points. It doesn't look as good as real bullet points, and it's not as easy as using hyphens, but it means I can copy the tips directly into the wiki. This is a selfish post in the hopes that others will do my work for me.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

ahobday posted:

I'd like to thank you—and everyone else who does it—for writing these with asterisks as bullet points. It doesn't look as good as real bullet points, and it's not as easy as using hyphens, but it means I can copy the tips directly into the wiki. This is a selfish post in the hopes that others will do my work for me.

Noted, I'll do that next time I post stuff, unless I forget.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Legend of Legaia:

This game was made to sell the strategy guide. There are plenty of random/powerful items in strange places even where there shouldn't be anything. Look up a guide.

(optional) Use all the stat boosting items on Vahn. He has the toughest fights in the game and some of them are meant to be extremely hard to win.

You can stack Elixir buffs on characters. Save those for big name bosses.

Equipment works differently for this game. Weapons only slightly improve the attack bars damage and arts that use it. Never use a weapon not made for the character.

Spirit makes you much harder to kill and lets you make more attacks/AP. Battles go much faster if you use simple attacks or cheap arts without having to Spirit to regain AP.

Equipment is too expensive for what you get from encounters. You will always be very short on money all the time, so don't expect to fully upgrade until after the next dungeon.

You will find a lot of weapon upgrades outside of towns, so I would buy weapons last or not at all, to save money. Stick to using your Ra-Seru arm instead.

Vahn/Noa/Gala has strengths/weaknesses in using certain spells. Vahn masters fire and is useless with water. Noa masters wind and is useless with earth. Gala is great with all spells except dark.

Spells can be moved around after learning them. It isn't explained.

Spells work on a weird point chart where killing the target outright grants the most points. SINGLE target should always kill the enemy while an ALL target should kill three or more targets at once to get full points on it. This means killing weak enemies will always level your spells faster than a strong one surviving. Find a balance.

Consider grinding your Seru spells to gain character levels instead of using regular attacks. Single target or All target is worth your time over the weird group one.

The Ra-Seru eggs you get and make into talismans lets you auto-win a battle for 200MP. It isn't worth the massive cost and spending anything to get them isn't worth the effort. They also level depending on the character using it. Some characters will not do full damage based on the element and waste your time.

You don't need them anyway since you can get the strongest one after beating Van Saryu and freeing the kingdom. You can glitch it by pixel hunting until your shadow is over the carpet in front of the guard and walking straight through him and forcing a conversation by walking behind him. If you can't walk through him, move your shadow another pixel over and try again. When he stops you from entering the double doors when you move up, you did the hard part. The next part is to constantly tap up between him talking to you since you are trying to get your animation to walk/run at the same time until the doors open by themselves. Walk to the treasure chest for Juggernaut. This is legit available at level 99. It also greatly reduces encounters.

Healing spells work based on how much you heal below maximum health. It takes several topping off heals to equal one that doesn't fully heal.

Consider taking off your equipment and wearing HP items, then use Vera/Orb/Spoon when your characters are weak. Select one fighting bar for each enemy instead of using Spirit, to get the most chances to heal. If an enemy can poison, then all the better.

The Muscle Dome has this glitch where you don't get an item for Vahn beating Expert until near the end of the game. You CAN beat it after reviving the Genesis tree in Sol, but winning it easily will need a high level Kemaro, Spoon, and Magic Grail you get in Uru Mais. Only Vahn can do these boss gauntlets. Give him all your stat items to easily farm coins for Soru bread, which you need plenty of to advance the plot. The Evil God Icon may be worth it so you can steal stat items from your kills (look up a stealing guide), and then buy Soru bread to sell for thousands each. Money problem is solved.

You may come across a freeze bug when walking through a mirror to Conkram and there are various guides to fixing it depending on the system.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 27, 2023

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
God drat I love goons. I loved that game as a kid despite not understanding the first thing about it. I think I got to some cave that either got frozen or thawed out? I have no idea if it was good as such but it totally captivated young me. Martial arts rpg was such a cool idea. Thanks for the memories.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I just did that segment and your auto-revive won't work against the boss nuking your party. I beat the boss in two turns, but I wanted to find out.

edit: There is a cave that also gets frozen.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 12, 2023

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Another thing for Legend of Legaia:

Golden Compass completely ruins the balance of the game. It prevents all ambushes outside of the optional boss fights and turns most encounters into a free round. Skip this if you want a challenge.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I feel too dumb for the materia fusing in crisis core. Any suggestions for this game?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This isn't a "First Time I've played this game" question:

I'm playing Remnant from the Ashes and just got the Swamps of Corsus DLC. I was doing the quest for the Labyrinth Armor set. I did the Cryptolith Sigil tower 3 times, went to maze. I didn't realize that all 3 pieces of armor are there and I only picked up the legs. How do I get back there or can I get back there?

EDIT: YOu just have to talk to the Iskal Queen again!

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 17, 2023

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I didn’t see any of the Mega Man Battle Networks in the wiki, and the collections just dropped last week on steam. So if anyone has some tips for any of them (1 through 7), it would be appreciated.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
*The biggest thing is to streamline your folder; set up combos and alla that kind of good stuff.

*I wouldn't recommend upgrading the Buster, as most of your damage will be coming from chips.

*If you're going for 100% chip collection (required for certain sidequests), abuse whatever you have to to get those chips.

This is all off the top of my head, mind you, and it's been a while.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

*The first thing you should do is start slimming down your folder so you can try to have 4-5 chips in your hand every turn. A 2 code folder is ideal, 3 codes is useable, 4 codes and beyond will make it likely that you'll go into a turn with one chip in your hand.

**BN1 lacks the wildcard * code, but you can use 10 copies of the same chip so getting a 2 code folder is still feasible.

* You get higher ranks in virus fights by winning quickly, not moving, not getting hit, and getting double/triple deletes. You physically cannot get an S rank by killing viruses one at a time. This also means that fights against a lone virus cap out at rank 9.

**BN3 has S+ and S++ busting ranks if you're in Custom Style. S+ has the point requirement of S, but you're not allowed to use your buster, charge shot, or navi chips. S++ has the same restrictions but you also can't reopen the custom screen.

* Beating a Navi boss in under 30 seconds without getting hit is an automatic S rank. Getting hit once knocks you down to a 10 if you're trying to get V2 Navi chips.

* Chip codes are determined by busting rank, so a preferred code for your folder might require you to take a few hits

**Nothing in game lists what the requirements for a code are, so you'll have to look up a guide.

*The buster in 1 is actually insanely good, but falls off hard in all other games. Prioritize Charge, then Power, then Speed.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

You guys are missing probably the most important thing:

* Save all the time, these are GBA games from the early 00s, there's no autosave and a single bad fight will kick you back to the title screen.

BisbyWorl posted:

*The buster in 1 is actually insanely good, but falls off hard in all other games. Prioritize Charge, then Power, then Speed.

it's been so long since I played 1 that I had forgotten about this and my mind was kinda blown with 1C1P0S early on, it like....does actual damage.

e:

Another thing to maybe put on the wiki?

* MMBN 4 is not only easily the worst game in the franchise, but also one of the worst games on the GBA. And getting everything - even for just one version of the game - requires beating it three times. So if you're not feeling it, skip it. 5 is divisive but pretty much everyone agrees 6 is great.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Orvin posted:

I didn’t see any of the Mega Man Battle Networks in the wiki, and the collections just dropped last week on steam. So if anyone has some tips for any of them (1 through 7), it would be appreciated.

MMBN 3:Blue has better unique chips than MMBN 3:White.

There are some places where you can jack in to the net when you wouldn't think you should be able to, like the doghouse, so try all over the place!

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
I asked about which Yakuza I should start with a few pages ago. On the general consensus, I started with Yakuza 0 which I'm really enjoying so far. I'm up to Chapter 5 and just unlocked Kiryu's Real Estate Royale side business and have collected payment a couple of times. This might be a stupid question that I missed somewhere in the tutorial, but do the Managers and Security Officers "heal"? I understand that one of their stats reduces over 4 or 5 collections, and the game recommends swapping between people in these roles, but do they recover after time back to the starting point?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Nebrilos posted:

MMBN 3:Blue has better unique chips than MMBN 3:White.
Also, note that:

* When picking the version you play for 5, going with Team Colonel makes for a better storyline transition to 6 since you won't be wondering who the hell is that guy.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 18, 2023

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Some more Battle Network tips:

* You can not collect all battle chips in any of the games until you complete the main story. After beating them you can go back and collect chips from bosses after the point of no return and new areas that unlock post game.

* Some chips, viruses and Navis have elements and attacks from the element they are weak to will deal double damage. The elements are fire, wood, elec, and aqua. Having a folder to take advantage of weaknesses if you have the chips will make things easier.

* Certain panel types will deal double damage when hit with certain chips, regardless grass panels will deal double when hit by fire and ice panels deal double damage when hit by elec. You can stack this with elemental weaknesses to destroy some foes.

* Program Advances are very strong and do not be afraid to use them use them. Gater from BN2 in articular is EXTREMELY broken.

* From BN2 onward you can press L on the custom screen to attempt to run from a random battle at any time.

* Download MegaBoy's maps for BN1 from GameFAQs. The net is a complete mess compared to the other games.

OptimusShr fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 18, 2023

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Never mind what I said, that's all way better

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Thanks for all the MM:BN tips.

The new collection seems to have a cheat included that lets the buster do some insane amount of damage when it is enabled. At least in the first game, no idea about the others. Probably to let you coast through the game and see the story or something. I might have to fiddle with it a bit at some point to see if there are any drawbacks to it, as it might be useful for grinding certain things.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

One more general MMBN2 and 3 tip:

* Fairly early in the game, you'll unlock a new 'style' for MegaMan, the type of which is determined by how you've played the game so far. One of these styles, GutsStyle, is unlocked by using your buster a lot, so in those later games unless you specifically want to go for GutsStyle, you're better off actually avoiding buster use and just using chips instead (which will usually get you CustStyle, which is considered to be very good).

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 19, 2023

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
^That's actually only true for MMBN 2 and 3. 4 doesn't have styles.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
I just finished Ghostwire: Tokyo and there's a few things I'd add to the article (this might be stuff added in the update last week. if you haven't thought about Ghostwire in months you should go back and play the new side-mission it added it's fantastic)

• There's a tab in the menu screen that lists all relics you need to find, you can mark them active from there so you don't need to visit the nekomata directly. there's no limit to how many you can add to the map at once.
  • In the Map Filters option, there's an option to hide completed items at the very bottom of the list. You'll want to turn this on ASAP
  • There's a point of no return at the end of the game, but it only locks you out of a single sidequest chain, AND tells you exactly what one before you do it, so don't worry about main story missions locking you out of sidequests

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Vidaeus posted:

I asked about which Yakuza I should start with a few pages ago. On the general consensus, I started with Yakuza 0 which I'm really enjoying so far. I'm up to Chapter 5 and just unlocked Kiryu's Real Estate Royale side business and have collected payment a couple of times. This might be a stupid question that I missed somewhere in the tutorial, but do the Managers and Security Officers "heal"? I understand that one of their stats reduces over 4 or 5 collections, and the game recommends swapping between people in these roles, but do they recover after time back to the starting point?

you can pretty much use whoever, wherever. as you get further into it more and better staff become available. and dont stress if you lose one of the boss battles, its only a small hit to your biz and easily regained.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Orvin posted:

Thanks for all the MM:BN tips.

The new collection seems to have a cheat included that lets the buster do some insane amount of damage when it is enabled. At least in the first game, no idea about the others. Probably to let you coast through the game and see the story or something. I might have to fiddle with it a bit at some point to see if there are any drawbacks to it, as it might be useful for grinding certain things.

* Buster MAX mode is in all six games in the Legacy Collection, and doesn’t stop you from getting achievements or anything.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I've been playing Meet Your Maker, as it is currently available on PS+. It's got my interest so far, so some tips:

* Aside from the tutorial, every outpost in the game is made by another player. As such, some people prefer using guards exclusively, while others traps, and the rest have a balance of both. Go in with the mentality of "What would I do if I was building this place?" and dying will happen less often. Sometimes, though, you will get outfoxed in a really devious way. No one's perfect, after all.

* You only have one hit to live. If you die at all, you start at the beginning. The only exception at all is the corrosion cubes, in which you have about three seconds to get through it or else you die.

* Keep in mind players will most likely have some traps set so that they only appear when you've gotten the GenMat. Don't think that you're going to be safe just because you cleared out some traps or guards on the way in.

* You have five Advisors that can help you with different things: Your character's suit (which has upgrades), the traps, the guards, consumable items, and your weapons. The level select will tell you who gets the points. Each level an Advisor earns can go to the Chimera for more materials to work with.

* Whenever you finish a level, you can give accolades to the outpost's owner. Do be considerate and at least give them one and hopefully people will do the same for you and your outpost.

* When your outpost is finished mining GenMat, you can spend prestige points in order to reset the meter. This also allows you to get more points to set up more things while also giving you some EXP. Generally speaking, you do not want to prestige your level early so that way you can milk it for accolades and, hopefully, kills since you are trying to stop people from leaving so easily. If it all dries out, you can destroy the outpost and start afresh. Also, you can only have five active at a time, 200 total, so get silly with it.

* Every Advisor has a boost specific to them that costs at least one of the three materials in the game, at three different tiers of effectiveness with matching costs. I would wait until you've gotten a decent amount of levels for the ones you want so that it's not such a waste because the starting lengths the boosts are at are not what I would call ideal.

* When building out the defenses for an outpost, keep an ear out for a loud humming noise that gets louder the closer you get to it. These are tombs that, when broken, drop a good chunk of materials. Setting up traps around them is highly advised, especially if it's set up in such a way to make it annoying to get at it after they've already taken the GenMat and don't want to risk a reset.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Vidaeus posted:

Yes, if I remember correctly, they regain their initial stats after you give them time to rest.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Tips for a game that's known to be jank and obtuse:

Wizards and Warriors by D.W. Bradley (PC)

Character creation and build:

Character creation is super important to give you a leg up in this game and you can re-roll your characters as much as you want. In order to re-roll you do have to back out of the character creation and click on Create PC from the beginning each time you re-roll.

During creation, males get +1 to Strength and Fortitude and females get +1 to Agility and Presence. During creation you should be shooting for at least mid 70s for total stats when added up, including bonus points. You get to choose from four classes to start: Warrior, Wizard, Priest and Rogue. Two warriors, two wizards, one priest and one rogue is pretty standard.

Each clan works with some starting classes better than others, here's a quick breakdown of preferred classes. You can put any clan into any class if you want though.

Human: Any
Elves: Wizard or Priest
Lizzord: Warrior
Dwarf: Warrior
Omphaaz: Wizard or Priest
Whiskas: Warrior or Rogue
Gnome: Rogue, Priest or Wizard.
Pixie: Rogue or Priest
Gourk: Warrior
Ratling: Rogue

When assigning stat points, I do suggest you look up how many points are needed to get to the Elite class that you want, wasted stats just make you wait longer to change classes. After getting stats close to or at what you need for your class change DUMP THE REST OF YOUR POINTS INTO INTELLECT. Intellect is super important as more intellect means more points to put into your skills during level ups, getting stuck with 1 or 2 points to put into skills on level ups instead of 3 or 4 hurts a lot. The formula is INT/4 rounded down. So 12 INT gets you 3 skill points as does 14, you don't get another skill point per level until INT 16.

Notes on leveling up: When you change classes, you will only get 1 hp and 1 skill point per level until you catch up with your previous class level. Example: If you change to Barbarian from Warrior at level 5, you will only get 1 hp and 1 skill point until Barbarian level 5. However I do suggest early on to save scum for HP and Ability Points, probably the first 4-5 levels you gain in your base class so you can have a decent amount of HP and more ability points to change classes or to dump into INT.

Also, you can train at the guilds (Armory, Temple, etc.), once per level PER guild. That last bit is important as for example you get a level on your Warlock. Warlocks can be members of the Temple and Magic Shop, you can train in both locations if you have the gold. The trick is that when you change classes, you start at level 1 in the new class, so instead of 50k-100k experience to the next level, now you're back at 1100-1500 with enemies that will easily get you over that threshold and if you keep fighting, you'll just multi-level and lose out on training sessions. The idea is to get just enough exp on the now low leveled character, run/teleport back to town, get your training in and repeat until it level ups take 20k exp at least.

Unlimited money tricks:

There are three main tricks to making unlimited money.

Early game: Every character starts with 200 gold and when deleted, the character gives any gold in their inventory to another character. So make your first PC then create throw away characters to delete and get the 200 gold from each. This is good early on to get some extra spending cash.

Mid game: Get a Rogue class character up to high enough level in the Pawn Shop guild and they can buy the Merchant skill. At the same time they should be able to buy Skull Daggers from the special items of the guild. You can then buy them for about $670 and sell for about $1050 at the same shop. Repeat until you have enough gold.

Late game: This takes more setup but gives insane amounts of gold. To start you need to have someone become a Ranger and get the Fletcher skill asap. Fletcher will have the character to create more arrows from existing arrows as long as they have a bow equipped and an arrow equipped. Also, once they have Fletcher, you can move them out of that class as long as they can use bows in the next class you choose. Next you need to have someone in the Bushi guild and to take the quest "Give the Dragon Arrow to Torin". Give the Dragon Arrow to your character who has Fletcher and wait outside town. Your character will create more Dragon Arrows after a period of time. Now you can divvy the arrows and give Torin one of them to complete the quest. The rest give back to your fletcher and resume your game. The Dragon Arrows sell for 1625 gold a piece and your character will just keep making more. You can compound this by getting a character or two into high levels of Blessing. Bless the arrows and they will start selling for more and more gold and your fletcher will just keep making more arrows. As long as you keep at least one Dragon Arrow aside, you can keep making gold by waiting around.

Misc notes:

• Save often in safe spaces and I'd keep multiple saves.
  • Some PCs have items you can trade for if you talk to them and ask Trade. You can also sell them items, and you can also steal those items if you have a character with high enough Pickpocket skill. This can be abused for certain quests such as one where you give a vampire a scroll and she will give you a key or ring. The ring is really good so after giving her the scroll, save and then steal the scroll back. Once she gives you the ring, give her the scroll again and she will start her dialog over and give you another ring if you ask.
  • A similar thing can be done for a quest where you find a magic lamp. Use the lamp and drop it during the jinni's dialog, get your wish, save and use the lamp again.
  • Ranged spells are pretty much needed against Jungle Lilies and Amazoni Mantraps. You'll know when you run across one when you suddenly have a team wipe.
  • With that in mind, you can run past most enemies. The movement, once setup, is a bit similar to Doom where you run faster if you're running diagonally. You can use this for skipping on water as well once you get the hang of it.
  • There's a bug with the game that it only shows a max of 20 skills and there's no scroll bar. If you go over 20 skills available total these are the skills that you won't be able to add points to but you can still train them at guilds: Traps&Locks, Pickpocket, Stealth, Forge, Artifacts, Enchants, Blessings, Gallantry, Prowess, Deathstrike, Incantation, Music.
  • There's also a buggy passage in the Snake Temple that gives you an item you'll need to answer questions later on in the dungeon. You can try to walk backwards and wiggle your way in or just look up the answers and skip it as that item only gives you the answers to the questions and that is it.

Edit: Another tip: Create yourself at least 3 mule characters to hold stuff as inventory space is limited and there are no spaces to place items in the game. However you will have to shuttle them between towns. Valeria to Ishad is easy enough but you will want Create Portal and Teleport for Ishad to Brimloch.

Kuros fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 22, 2023

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Don't see an entry yet for Everspace 2, anyone been playing it? I'm downloading it on gamepass.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Any recommendations for Yakuza Kiwami beyond what's in the wiki? I played Yakuza 0 a couple years ago, so what is different from it?

Y0's business games were really cool but I accidentally passed a point of no return and couldn't finish some parts. Is there a similar cut-off point?

E: if a game gives me a "gore" option with default as normal, there should drat well be a "abnormal" or "high" option instead of just low.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 22, 2023

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cactus posted:

Don't see an entry yet for Everspace 2, anyone been playing it? I'm downloading it on gamepass.

It's super great. Here's some things:

The game is a looter shooter at heart. Regularly look for upgrades to your equipment, even if it means changing weapon types.

Pay attention to the Challenges section under Data. Every star system has an explorer challenge that unlocks fast forward while in supralight, which is unbelievably useful. Make completing this your priority.

Different ships in the same class (striker, bomber etc) can have different passive abilities, so check those before you buy. Later, you'll be able to choose between 2 sets when you buy.

Flak cannons will pop an entire mining node in one shot, which is great for efficiency, but beam lasers give more and better materials if you mine with those.

Save the System Recovery Routine consumables; they are almost mandatory in a later system.

Otherwise, it's pretty straightforward, no real gotchas or guide dang it things. There are lots of environmental puzzles and stuff, very cool game.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Fruits of the sea posted:

Any recommendations for Yakuza Kiwami beyond what's in the wiki? I played Yakuza 0 a couple years ago, so what is different from it?
Take the tip about Kiwami heat moves very seriously, it's easy to accidentally end up at the first boss without one. As soon as you can control Kiryu don't move on until you've unlocked one.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

E: if a game gives me a "gore" option with default as normal, there should drat well be a "abnormal" or "high" option instead of just low.
Gore: None -> Low -> Normal -> Splatterpunk -> Rivers of Blood -> This but Literally

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Y0's business games were really cool but I accidentally passed a point of no return and couldn't finish some parts. Is there a similar cut-off point?

After the story ends I think you can hit Adventure Mode or something like that to go back and play more mini-game stuff if you want. I know I went back to go and dominate children's electric car racing for a while.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Take the tip about Kiwami heat moves very seriously, it's easy to accidentally end up at the first boss without one. As soon as you can control Kiryu don't move on until you've unlocked one.

Yeah, for real. You only barely get enough skill points/EXP/whatever they're called to fill out a few skills, and you need to rush the Kiwami Heat moves ASAP if you want to beat the first real boss in any reasonable amount of time. It's especially tricky because they give you a tutorial for Kiwami Heat moves before removing all of Kiryu's moves post-time skip, so a bozo like myself may assume that you always have a Kiwami Heat move available when, actually, they're required unlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'll say this for K1 after playing 0-5, the combat encounters in K1 are some of the worst, the Majima Anywhere fights can drag on forever, and unless you are maxing your damage as quick as possible via upgrades combat pretty much assumes you always have some good weapons.

I went 2/3rds of the way into the game before dropping the difficulty to easy, and that was entirely because of the time it took for fights, not any actual challenge or dying.