Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’m a grunting buffoon that can’t dress himself and I shamble through the gutters getting empty drink cans thrown at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And what does that have to do with the subject of debate? I don't have any loose change to give out.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

freeedr posted:

I’m a grunting buffoon that can’t dress himself and I shamble through the gutters getting empty drink cans thrown at me

Same

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I seriously don't have anything to give you but someone left a half empty beer with a cigarette stub inside if you want it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

I seriously don't have anything to give you but someone left a half empty beer with a cigarette stub inside if you want it.

Kaipiroska :finland:

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I like how he's (I guess) pretending to be rich but got an off-the-rack shirt so the collar size is wrong for his pencil neck.

Actually, I've never been rich and I've still bought shirts with the right collar size, off the rack. (But then I don't have a pencil neck so :shrug:)

3Dmega is not saying that the collar is loose fitting, rather that it's visually too big.

it looks like it might be as long from neck to tip as his face is from the bridge of his nose to his neck.

he's the kind of person who will wear a standard issue young repub suit with medium-wide collars and medium-wide ties. that looks good if you have a medium-large nose, big neck, big wrists. He''s pretty slight so it makes him look like he's wearing his dad's suit. but you can't really tell how big the collars are? What you notice is the size of the tie knot--that's too big because the material is too thick.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I notice the tie is also loose, so maybe he's one of those people who can't stand having stuff touching his neck, but can't bring himself to not wear a suit. That's the kind of neurotic weirdness I associate with people who'd do...that.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I notice the tie is also loose, so maybe he's one of those people who can't stand having stuff touching his neck, but can't bring himself to not wear a suit. That's the kind of neurotic weirdness I associate with people who'd do...that.

If he couldn't bring himself not to wear a suit, he'd be wearing a suit, and not a suit top with jeans.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ozempic-side-effects-weird-dreams-9ccdb749

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lobok posted:

her fashion style is Trapped in a Bunker with Hitler

:vince:

is that original

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This sound great, I'm honestly sick of getting up at morning with absolutely no celebrity making a visit.

GET OUT OF MY DREAMS G.G. ALLIN

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Milo and POTUS posted:

:vince:

is that original

My comment? Yeah
Her look? No, hence my comment

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1648473159363072002?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also the husband is a brony who apparently cannot understand the multiversal law of the High School AU. And also somehow thinks too much about cartoon horse genitals even for them.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
He also posted on r/kotakuinaction, the gamergate reddit

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

It's funny, anime faces are always already kind of westernized. Like there's a certain anglophilia involved almost all the time, but this body pillow is something different. It's like she sent the design back 5 or 6 times saying "no, it has to look more distinctively like a white person! Make it anime but not at all Japanese! My weird husband can't be jerking off to a Japanese version of me!"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Guessing this was ultimately unsuccessful from the headline.

quote:

"After the crash, the defendant ran away from the scene without providing information such as a driver's license, insurance, or vehicle registration," one of the responding deputies wrote in the official report. "The defendant was...described as having taken his clothes off and running away in just his underwear."

Search dogs were brought to the scene to search for the fleeing man. Eventually, he was located under strange conditions: hiding approximately one mile into a nearby swamp, wearing nothing but a blue pair of boxers. After he was found, the suspect cooperated with deputies, complied with his arrest, and was treated for minor injuries.
good ol' Florida Man.

Not inaccurate to think like he was avoiding Predators, I suppose.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's just hibernating put it back so it can hatch

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's funny, anime faces are always already kind of westernized. Like there's a certain anglophilia involved almost all the time, but this body pillow is something different. It's like she sent the design back 5 or 6 times saying "no, it has to look more distinctively like a white person! Make it anime but not at all Japanese! My weird husband can't be jerking off to a Japanese version of me!"

There's a special kind of pathetic and weird that's fun to mock for people who are perverts but somehow bad at it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a special kind of pathetic and weird that's fun to mock for people who are perverts but somehow bad at it.

cargo cult perversion

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A jacket, it's called a jacket. Lmao.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1648598200469843968

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

He's just keeping tradition alive!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Lorz

quote:

In the marathon at the 1904 Olympic Games, Lorz stopped running because of exhaustion after nine miles (14.5 km). His manager gave him a lift in his car and drove the next eleven miles (17.7 km), after which, Lorz continued on foot back to the Olympic stadium, where he broke the finishing line tape and was greeted as the winner of the race.

After spectators claimed he had not run the entire race, Lorz was confronted by furious officials with these allegations, upon which he admitted his deception: despite his claims he was joking, the AAU responded by banning him for life, but he was reinstated after a year after it was found that he had not intended to defraud. Lorz then legitimately won the Boston Marathon in 1905 with a time of 2:38:25.[4][5] Thomas Hicks went on to become the real winner of the 1904 race, though he too had an unusual race, walking part of the route, being carried by his trainers, and being dosed with strychnine, which has since been banned; among the 32 runners that started, he was one of several who came near death (along with William Garcia), and he retired the next day.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Was the Cuban mailman the one who got chased way off course by feral dogs in the 1904 St. Louis Marathon?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Didn't someone take the bus, or am I remembering wrong?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Always fun when a Jon Bois video is relevant to a topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AhABManTw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Was the Cuban mailman the one who got chased way off course by feral dogs in the 1904 St. Louis Marathon?

no the guy who got chased off course by feral dogs was one of the african guys who was there as part of the Boer War re-enactment, the Cuban mailman was the one who ate rotten apples and got an upset stomach so he fell asleep under a tree

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Alaois posted:

no the guy who got chased off course by feral dogs was one of the african guys who was there as part of the Boer War re-enactment, the Cuban mailman was the one who ate rotten apples and got an upset stomach so he fell asleep under a tree

What a lovely sentence.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the cuban mailman also ran the marathon dressed like this

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yes we are looking at you Hollywood, it's not expensive to film a movie about a footrace!
:mad:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

Yes we are looking at you Hollywood, it's not expensive to film a movie about a footrace!
:mad:

Tarantino will do it for free.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Alaois posted:

the cuban mailman also ran the marathon dressed like this

That’s exactly how I dress when I run. Who am I kidding, I don’t run.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A jacket, it's called a jacket. Lmao.

You can wear a jacket with jeans and look fine, but he's got the (poorly fitting) dress shirt, the tie and the pocket square. That needs a different descriptor.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

You can wear a jacket with jeans and look fine, but he's got the (poorly fitting) dress shirt, the tie and the pocket square. That needs a different descriptor.

It's the vest and him wearing only the top half of a three-piece suit with cheap blue jeans. It's hideous.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

Always fun when a Jon Bois video is relevant to a topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AhABManTw

Speaking of Jon Bois, JUICE finally launched last week

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/14/world/esa-juice-mission-launch-scn/index.html

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

That’s exactly how I dress when I run. Who am I kidding, I don’t run.

if you also don't dress like that, it's still an accurate statement.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1648416316729221120?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

S'all right my dude, once she reads this poo poo she'll dump you like a sack of rotten potatoes and you'll have nothing to worry about.