Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Communist Thoughts posted:

people building their socieites around something they misunderstand and is manipulating them is a big GRRM thing
It's a big thing in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The elden ring protagonist should immediately put whatever weird powders they find up their nose and see what happens.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That sounds more Bioshock.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I recently did another runthrough of ER as a landsknecht- zweihander only, no fancy magic or nose powders or pebbles in the ear, just good ol' fashioned hitting with a big sword. It was delightful!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The zweihander is good because a surprising amount of tough enemies will stagger if you twat them with it, which makes a lot of otherwise very difficult fights remarkably easy as you just clobber big orrible bastards into the floor repeatedly until they die.

Especially if you put one of the big caveman smash techniques on it.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

the biggest challenge was trying to do Radahn super early so that I could get the landsknecht armour as early as possible, but what am I supposed to do, run around with a big ol zwei WITHOUT obnoxiously fancy armour?!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Skeletome posted:

the biggest challenge was trying to do Radahn super early so that I could get the landsknecht armour as early as possible, but what am I supposed to do, run around with a big ol zwei WITHOUT obnoxiously fancy armour?!

Eh, you've at least got the various lordsworn knight sets to tide you over until you can savour the full joy of pantaloons. They're agreeably fancy, and only slightly anachronistic to the zweihander.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The carian knight set is very swanky and goes well with the red and blue headscarves and some shiny kecks.

Also if you haven't tried it yet, I very much recommend using a pair of thrusting swords so you can be the fanciest lad who ever walked. Woefully impractical but by god do you feel dashing doing it.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
What is this? Bougie souls?

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

for sure, I think I was using whichever faction had red & green (stormveil?) in the interim and that felt suitably fancy. I avoided the red and blue (because UK is bad bang back on topic!!!)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

2 hamded swords are usually good in souls games, most of them get substantially easier when you (A) go fastroll zweihander and (B) roll towards enemy attacks instead of away.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Inside you there are two maidenless, one uses a club and rolls around naked covered in filth, the other one uses the wing of astel and wears the gaudiest clothes you can find

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I found a sweet set of dragon-themed armour in Farum Azula and stuck a giant pair of horns on my head and I look rad as poo poo.

I went full bleed with shitloads of Arcane, and while I very much love it I'm extremely mad that everyone talked me out of Madness "because it only deals good damage against NPCs and players" and it turns out that no, it's absolutely ludicrously OP against most bosses as well.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

OwlFancier posted:

The zweihander is good because a surprising amount of tough enemies will stagger if you twat them with it, which makes a lot of otherwise very difficult fights remarkably easy as you just clobber big orrible bastards into the floor repeatedly until they die.
That's basically my Skyrim technique. Put almost everything into Heavy Armour and Two-Handed (with some into Smithing :smith: and Enchanting to improve my weapon), then clomp around in a full suit of the heaviest armour I can get and wallop enemies with a big gently caress-off hammer (which I renamed Big gently caress-Off Hammer). If an enemy survives one hit, then I just hit it again until it stops being a problem. Who says games can't teach valuable life lessons?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Mega Comrade posted:

What is this? Bougie souls?

Souls are dressup games with some fighting attached :colbert:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

All games are dressup games.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I found a sweet set of dragon-themed armour in Farum Azula and stuck a giant pair of horns on my head and I look rad as poo poo.

I went full bleed with shitloads of Arcane, and while I very much love it I'm extremely mad that everyone talked me out of Madness "because it only deals good damage against NPCs and players" and it turns out that no, it's absolutely ludicrously OP against most bosses as well.

Madness as a status effect is situational, but the actual spells are still shooting giant bolts of lightning fire at stuff, which it turns out is still pretty deadly even if the thing you're shooting it at doesn't have a brain to melt.

The single bolt spell is basically an anti material rifle that also gives the target anxiety if it survives several shots.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Inside you there are two maidenless, one uses a club and rolls around naked covered in filth, the other one uses the wing of astel and wears the gaudiest clothes you can find
is this about uk politics or elden ring

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

smellmycheese posted:

He’s up there racking out lines of schnozz

I read smoking hut and first thought it was a hut for smoking fish or meat. That would be too awesome for someone like Gove, thought.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Nonsense posted:

Imagine the smell!

They're going to have to with their sinuses completely melted from railing so many lines

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ataxerxes posted:

I read smoking hut and first thought it was a hut for smoking fish
It is, he goes up there to smoke.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Ataxerxes posted:

I read smoking hut and first thought it was a hut for smoking fish or meat. That would be too awesome for someone like Gove, thought.

Delicious Marlboro smoked salmon.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

All games are dressup games.

Greco-Roman wrestling :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pankration is the art of turning the other guy into a fashion accessory.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Pankration is the art of turning the other guy into a fashion accessory.

Historical horny is prohibited

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Historical horny is mandatory and probably :nws:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Hellanodikai???

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
A Labour council being total sociopaths shocker:

https://twitter.com/haringeyhousing/status/1648287935869878272?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
got my unison NEC election ballot in. thinking of voting in this slate as an earlier poster recommended but i can't be bothered to find out which of them racist/transphobes/wronguns

https://timeforrealchange.uk/nec

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Pure faith incantations is the most fun and powerful thing you can do in the game and it's a big secret even still because Comet Azur won the meme wars and the starting spell isn't quite as brainless as Pebble. There's one madness spell that is only usable on other Tarnished but the rest loving shred. Uncharged Lightning Spear is ignored by enemy AI, you've got access to every element and status effect, as well as to a handful of the most brokenly OP spells in the game. I killed Fire Giant hitless in 5 casts with Pest Threads, for example, and Knights and Omens can be juggled with Crucible Horns which is boosted if you're wearing some of the best armor in the game.

If you're full arcane just level up the Dragon Communism seal and cast using that.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Payndz posted:

Binchat, I know (NORMAN!), but three times in the last five weeks our previously weekly bin collection has been missed. Went to the council's site to complain ( :laffo: that you have to wait until 11pm to put in a complaint - has anyone ever seen a bin lorry out that late?) and on a hunch checked the 'collection times' page.

Yup, they changed to a fortnightly schedule without telling anyone.

Some genius-level thinking here. "If we only pick up once a fortnight, we'll halve our expenditure!" Except the standard bin barely fits a week's worth of rubbish for a household of four, so now you have to drive over to the tip with your excess once a fortnight, creating more pollution and congestion. Or, and I'm sure nobody without a car (or even with one) would even consider doing this, you just flytip it.

It's a Tory council, of course. Fuckers.

i would simply find out which councillor proposed the motion, collect up all my excess rubbish and lug it over onto their garden

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol. Tories are going to go with “lefty lawyer” as their attack line on Keith

https://twitter.com/conservatives/status/1648683759049269250?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

"I do not know what Diabetes entails, but I imagine all you have to do is just not eat food that coats more than £5 and you'll be fine."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Lol. Tories are going to go with “lefty lawyer” as their attack line on Keith

https://twitter.com/conservatives/status/1648683759049269250?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut posted:

2024 Election debates: "no ur a nonce"

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

It probably isn't the elected councillors deciding to evict someone; it'll be some power-hungry fascist who's been promoted beyond their competence, wanking themselves raw as they evict yet another vulnerable person.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
an absolute noncetrocity

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1648728284052463617

It shows that any future 'national cladding taskforce' of Keith's is going to be compromised from the offset

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Shiteing

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
jfc I thought we stopped doing the horrific ai image poo poo