Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Do the galleons have turrets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Captain Foo posted:

Do the galleons have turrets?

They do indeed.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What I had in mind was a run to 0216, and turning to face NE. I can fire an alpha on the galleon on +9, take return fire from its mla on +10. I don't think the scorpion can hit me after moving at flank, and I think with intervening terrain I'm safe from everything else. This leaves me with 4 heat.

I could run to 0910, get +2 TMM, finish facing NE and fire on I think 9+ on the cicada, or 8+? on the commando. I'll be partial cover from the stinger and I think not torso-twistable return fire from the CDA. Would be very exposed to the tanks and able to get chunked by the commando's LL on a 7.

I really like running and trying to dump a bunch of relatively safe damage on the galleon even though it pulls away from the other mechs.

Can someone with the rulebook handy confirm if a shot from 0910 at the CDA would be back arc? It gets a lot more tempting to trade damage and expose myself to horrible return fire if it is.

Edit the more I'm looking at it I don't want to expose myself to a hail of fire at 0910 for a chance at the cicada's back. Would rather trade a real solid shot on the galleon from 0216 for a bit of damage, then move back towards the mechs after

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 17, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Amechwarrior posted:

The only really good move I can see is for Prime, you can get to 0909 while moving 7 and while your rear is facing the STG, it should need 12 to hit. You'd move to 0907 and sharp turn down to 0909. You'd need 9 to-hit with ML and 11 with MGs.

I think i'm going to go with this

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

ilmucche posted:

What I had in mind was a run to 0216, and turning to face NE. I can fire an alpha on the galleon on +9, take return fire from its mla on +10. I don't think the scorpion can hit me after moving at flank, and I think with intervening terrain I'm safe from everything else. This leaves me with 4 heat.

I could run to 0910, get +2 TMM, finish facing NE and fire on I think 9+ on the cicada, or 8+? on the commando. I'll be partial cover from the stinger and I think not torso-twistable return fire from the CDA. Would be very exposed to the tanks and able to get chunked by the commando's LL on a 7.

I really like running and trying to dump a bunch of relatively safe damage on the galleon even though it pulls away from the other mechs.

Can someone with the rulebook handy confirm if a shot from 0910 at the CDA would be back arc? It gets a lot more tempting to trade damage and expose myself to horrible return fire if it is.

Edit the more I'm looking at it I don't want to expose myself to a hail of fire at 0910 for a chance at the cicada's back. Would rather trade a real solid shot on the galleon from 0216 for a bit of damage, then move back towards the mechs after

Feel free to chose which way your going to go with this, but let me know, so I could possibly take the 0808 hex if you're leaving it vacant. It's riskier for me to be there, but I can get 9s on the CDA. Downside of me moving there is I can't take the hit form the LL if it hits, you can.

Either way you're throwing 9s at targets, if you're very lucky, two-ish can hit the fresh Galleon and get some vehicle crits. On the other hand, throwing 3+ more ML at the rear of the CDA could open a torso for Prime's weapons to exploit. I'd personally throw 5-6 MLs at one target instead of 2 here and 3-4 there. Increases the odds of doing something meaningful to the biggest, fastest threat on the field vs a ML on treads. BT is all about focusing fire on a target to eliminate its threat to you as fast as possible. We usually want to drop the high threat unit first as it's an ablative game, each turn our combat capabilities get worse. We can get beat up and still defeat 2 Galleons. We can't get beat up and take out a CDA. The Galleons won't be a problem next turn anyway, we could be all on the hill this turn, and North of it next turn. It will take them at least a full turn to reach the base of the hill, then the next turn the could get LoS, but it buys us a turn with only the 'Mechs instead of all of them.

If you went to 0910, it should be a Right Side shot as the defender chooses the path when on the line (this choice becomes set in stone for these hexes for this turn) and MM usually rules correctly when picking these. Up side to 0910 is both you and Razor in 0911 could be blasting the right side arc on the CDA. This is where the PPC is stored in the RT, also greater chance of concentrating damage on the leg for an easy kill. But, you'd be more vulnerable to the COM and INF. I re-read the LOS and partial cover rules but I'm not totally sure you in 0910 gives partial cover bonus if the COM shoots at you since it's LoS originates from lvl3 elevation. The COM would be shooting for 8s or 9s depending, risky place to be vs 0808 with a tree in the way. The INF should get partial cover for 11 to-hit. I think if you wanted to shoot the COM, it would be 8 and hitting almost anywhere would open the location to crits.

Can anyone check the LoS and to-hits for/against Mirage at 0910?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

I think i'm going to go with this

submitted 0909 via 0907, alpha cda

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Amechwarrior posted:

Can anyone check the LoS and to-hits for/against Mirage at 0910?

Moving to 0910 would give the Jenner line of sight to the Commando, Cicada, Galleon 1, Scorpion, Stinger and Foot Platoon 1. From there it can hit the Commando on 8+, the Cicada on 9+, the Galleon / Scorpion on 10+, and the Stinger / Foot Platoon on 11+.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jenner can torso twist right?

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Yes as far as I can tell. Your only quirk is Minimal Arms.

I submitted to 0706, firing at the STG. I don't know if I'd be available to submit on time if 0808 opens up so I'll just play it safe in case Mirage wants the hex.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Amechwarrior posted:

Your only quirk is Minimal Arms.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah I'll take 0808 to join in and try to shoot the back out of the CDA. We can shoot through each other without risk right?

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

ilmucche posted:

For the record, all bipedal 'Mechs can torso twist now, as they got rid of the No Torso Twist quirk a while back the 9/22 Errata for the Battlemech Manual.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Yeah I'll take 0808 to join in and try to shoot the back out of the CDA. We can shoot through each other without risk right?

Yes, Hexes represent 30m of space and 'Mechs are around 12m tall. So it's really just more of an extended personal space the 'Mech occupies. You can still cram like one allied and 2 enemy vehicles in there I think. I think the only common unit we might see that can block LoS will be DropShips. Otherwise there's no risk of friendly fire as far as I'm aware.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Amechwarrior posted:

As for Razor, I think just running straight to 0911 might hide you from the COM. Can anyone double check the LoS rules for that? The COM is on lvl1 so sees at lvl 3, but the path to 0911 has a lvl2 hill in the way at 1110. Even if it can see you, it's shooting at 10/11 depending on half cover. The tanks would need 9 for the Scorpion AC/5 and 11 for the closer Galleon, the other one is over 12. The hill also should block you from the infantry. You can shoot at the CDA for 9 and your at 1 Heat now, running is another 2 heat and each ML is +3. You sink 12 Heat per turn. You can fire 3 ML, ending with 0 heat or fire all 4 for +3 and cut out one ML next turn. The MGs are 0 heat and would need 11 to-hit.

Yeah my first thought yesterday was to run straight as well. I like those odds on me because of narrow profile.

I'm going to lock this in later today when I get to a proper keyboard.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Locked in

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Edit: orders in, moving to 0808 and alpha striking the CDA

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 18, 2023

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Over The Hills: Turn 3

Kai-xi Yeoung smiled like a tiger as the Cicada sprinted away, smoke leaking from several large holes in its rear armour. Three quarters of Ruby Lance had poured their fire into it, and at least one of their shots had hit something important. The big bug stumbled as it ran, lurching from side to side like a drunkard staggering home after too many Timbiquis.

As Kai-xi turned to pursue he spotted movement on one of his secondary monitors. Glancing at it, he saw that a platoon of infantry had dug into a small hillock below the ridge.

“Fools,” he sighed, casting a pitying gaze down at the tiny figures. “This is the chessboard of the gods. Ants like you don’t belong here. Scurry off before somebody stomps on you.”

Defying his words, the infantrymen opened fire. Kai-xi laughed derisively as their needle-thin laser beams stabbed at the air around his Locust. These ants actually thought they could hurt him! “Don’t even bother!” he sneered. “You can’t kill me. No one can!”

Fate had always protected Kai-xi. At five years old, he had accidentally eaten poisonous berries from his uncle’s garden, but miraculously suffered no ill effects. Three years later, while playing on the roof of his parents’ apartment, he had slipped and fallen nearly forty feet, but survived with only mild bruising. As a teenager, a friend had dared him to climb into the Megasaur enclosure in the Ningbo Municipal Zoo. Once inside, he had found himself face to face with Huang Long, the Zoo’s prized Salutaris Rex. Despite its fearsome reputation, the beast had not attacked, and Kai-xi had been able to climb back out unharmed.

These incidents, and many others, had proven to Kai-xi beyond all doubt that he was special. Misfortune rarely touched him, and what pain he did suffer was always mild. When he was in trouble, the world itself bent to ensure his safety. Nothing could truly harm him, and in turn Kai-xi feared nothing at all. Like the boon heroes and demigods of ancient myth, he had been blessed with immortality.

Lesser men scoffed at Kai-xi’s pretensions. They called him a solipsist, or a modern-day Icarus who would one day go down in flames. Kai-xi paid them no mind. They were bit-characters, mindless extras in the grand narrative of his life. Their doubts would only make his future triumphs more glorious.

Weapons fire for Jenner JR7-F (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 12: Hits Rear Left Torso! Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Rear Left Torso, 0/3 Armour, 8/10 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Torso! No components in Left Torso; transfers to Centre Torso! Critical Hit on Gyro!
-Fires Medium Laser at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 8: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 12: Hits Rear Right Torso! Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Rear Right Torso, 0/3 Armour, 8/10 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained.

Weapons fire for Locust LCT-3V (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Machine Gun at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 11, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Machine Gun at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 11, rolls 5: Misses!

Weapons fire for Locust LCT-3V #2 (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 10: Hits Right Torso! Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Right Torso, 1/6 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires Machine Gun at Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers); needs 11, rolls 8: Misses!
-Fires Machine Gun at Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers); needs 11, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Vulcan VL-5T (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 8: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 3: Misses!

Weapons fire for Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers):
-Fires PPC at Vulcan VL-5T (Player); needs 11, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Commando COM-1D (Prowlers):
-Fires Large Laser at Jenner JR7-F (Player); needs 8, rolls 9: Hits Right Torso! Jenner JR7-F (Player) takes 8 damage to Right Torso, 3/11 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-6 at Jenner JR7-F (Player); needs 10, rolls 5: Misses!

Weapons fire for Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Locust LCT-3V #2 (Player); needs 10, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Machine Gun at Locust LCT-3V #2 (Player); needs 12, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Machine Gun at Locust LCT-3V #2 (Player); needs 12, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Vulcan VL-5T (Player); needs 11, rolls 5: Misses!

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Fires AC/5 at Vulcan VL-5T (Player); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Foot Platoon (Laser) (Prowlers):
-Fires Laser Rifles at Locust LCT-3V (Player); needs 11, rolls 5: Misses!

Weapons fire for Foot Platoon (Laser) #2 (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

No melee attacks this turn!

Jenner JR7-F (Player) gains 14 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.

Locust LCT-3V (Player) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Locust LCT-3V #2 (Player) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Vulcan VL-5T (Player) gains 11 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers) gains 12 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Commando COM-1D (Prowlers) gains 12 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) gains 9 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Piloting checks for Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers):
-Gyro was damaged: needs 8, rolls 8: Succeeds!

---

Stray weapons fire from Jenner JR7-F (Player) has a chance to start a fire in Hex 1110!
-Medium Laser: Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8: No fire.
-Medium Laser: Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7: No fire.

Stray weapons fire from Locust LCT-3V (Player) has a chance to start a fire in Hex 1110!
-Medium Laser: Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9: No fire.
-Medium Laser: Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8: No fire.
-Machine Gun: Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9: No fire.
-Machine Gun: Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4: No fire.

Stray weapons fire from Vulcan VL-5T (Player) has a chance to start a fire in Hex 1110!
-Medium Laser: Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9: No fire.
-Medium Laser: Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5: No fire.

Cicada CDA-3C (Prowlers) is running with a damaged Gyro – must pass a piloting test or fall! Needs 8, rolls 9: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Sprint: Infantry can move two hexes in one turn in exchange for not being able to fire.
-Dig In: Infantry can dig in, removing the defence penalty for being caught in the open.

Primary Objectives:
-Capture Pirate Base (0/8 Enemies Destroyed / Driven Off)

Next Orders Due: Saturday 22nd 9:00PM GMT.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gyro hit is very good for us

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Very good hits from Mirage. Now that they've balled up in the center, what's you guys thoughts on where to move next?

One unit is particularly vulnerable this turn, but it will be a trade off.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I completely miscalculated the To-Hit chance of my MLs. I thought I needed a 6, but then it turned out to be a 9 :negative: :

My working out: 4 (Gunnery) + 2 (Running) + 2 (TMM for 6 hexes) + 0 (Short Range) + 0 (No Bonuses) = 6 To-hit

Anyway. Amazing shot, Mirage!

Amechwarrior posted:

Very good hits from Mirage. Now that they've balled up in the center, what's you guys thoughts on where to move next?

I was thinking we could start moving NE towards the base to prepare a turn S towards the valley. In this turn though, I think me and our LCTs should focus on the INF#2 while JRT should pop some shots on the STG.

e: fixed brainfart

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 19, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LCTs have MGs which are very effective against infantry though (not sure of the specific bonuses)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

🤦🏻‍♀️ I thought the JRT had the MGs instead.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Anyway yeah i think i can get to 1404 and blast some troops

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Captain Foo posted:

LCTs have MGs which are very effective against infantry though (not sure of the specific bonuses)

Machine Guns deal 2D6 damage to infantry. Flamers are even more effective, dealing 4D6.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

How much ammo does firing the MGs consume, anyway?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Space Kablooey posted:

How much ammo does firing the MGs consume, anyway?

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The most dangerous thing in battletech is one ton of mg ammo

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Captain Foo posted:

The most dangerous thing in battletech is one ton of mg ammo

This is not an exaggeration; one ton of Machine Gun ammunition deals 400 damage to your mech's internals if the ammo bin takes a hit. Even experimental Superheavy mechs can't endure that without CASE.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

All this time I could've been dumping damage for free...

"this is my machine gun. it fires a bullet every 5 turns, each bullet costs 5 C-bills. this weapon costs 20 C bills to fire for one operation"

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 19, 2023

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Yep, you guys got it. The infantry in 1405 is out on the open. Infantry in clear hexes take 2x DMG unless they're dug in like the ones in 1408. However, the 1405 infantry are right beside a lvl1 hill which might prevent LoS if we moved into 12XX or further West. Can anyone confirm if we can get LoS at 1206 or 1307 to infantry in 1405?

The STG is basically untouchable, jumped for +3 and +1 for Light Woods. That's a base of at least 9s if we walked into the open to try it, not worth it. The dense woods around the STG make it hard, but we can also use them to fall back around and prepare for next turn.

I can get to either 1303 or 1404. 1303 leaves me in medium range of the infantry for 9 but puts my MGs at 10 unless I'm forgetting some modifier for shooting at infantry. 1404 gives my MGs 6, but they'll blast me in return for 7. How much damage does this infantry do? Is it split by chunks of 5 like LRMs or 2 like SRMs? Is it cluster hit based or fixed damage amount based on # of surviving infantry?

Razor has some fun options if 1307 is blocked from the INF at 1405. You're could jump to 1307 and punch or push the STG, but I don't think you have hands so I will have to check on how that changes things. It's probably a joke option. But it cleans your heat debt and there's no penalty for missing a punch. Either way you probably want to be somewhere safe so you can cool down.

Mirage can get to 1306 and shoot the INF but I remember MLs not really being very effective, even with the 2x damage boost for clear terrain. Upside to 1306 is the Heavy and Light Woods protect you from everyone but the STG and infantry in 1405. The STG would need 12 with ML and the infantry would need 7. Again, we need to see how the INF damage runs to see if it's worth it.

Prime is kind of out of position, other than falling back North to setup for next turn, you might be able to reach 1307, but that really depends on if we can see the infantry or not. The STG would need 10s to hit you, INF in 1408 would only need 8, so not a great spot, doubly so if the other INF can see you, they'd need 8 too.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Amechwarrior posted:

I can get to either 1303 or 1404. 1303 leaves me in medium range of the infantry for 9 but puts my MGs at 10 unless I'm forgetting some modifier for shooting at infantry. 1404 gives my MGs 6, but they'll blast me in return for 7. How much damage does this infantry do? Is it split by chunks of 5 like LRMs or 2 like SRMs? Is it cluster hit based or fixed damage amount based on # of surviving infantry?

Infantry damage is based on the number of living troopers multiplied by the damage potential of the weapons they carry. Damage is apportioned somewhat like SRMs, in 2-point chunks via the cluster table depending on how many troopers manage to hit their target.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Scintilla posted:

Infantry damage is based on the number of living troopers multiplied by the damage potential of the weapons they carry. Damage is apportioned somewhat like SRMs, in 2-point chunks via the cluster table depending on how many troopers manage to hit their target.

Thanks for that. So they'll do about 8 DMG at best over 2 point chunks. I think I can probably soak that even if both INF hit, but I'll be very vulnerable after. I'll probably move to 1404 unless there's a better plan.

Edit: Where's my MG ammo by the way?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I could jump to 0513 and fire at the galleon with 10+, with decent cover from incoming fire. Might be 11+ if LOS crosses both 0712/0713.

Wouldn't mind sinking some heat as I'm already at +4, but an alpha would take me to +9. Lose a movement and +1 fire on the next turn, so probably run away to cool off.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Risky play for the LCTs -

Rush to 1610 and 1612 and rear blast the Galleon in 1609. I'll have to look at the details later.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Are they better off hitting the rear? The side is marginally less armored though it's still 3mlas hits to kill. Maybe best to do whatever gets max TMM (that might be your move, haven't checked)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Amechwarrior posted:

Razor has some fun options if 1307 is blocked from the INF at 1405. You're could jump to 1307 and punch or push the STG, but I don't think you have hands so I will have to check on how that changes things. It's probably a joke option. But it cleans your heat debt and there's no penalty for missing a punch. Either way you probably want to be somewhere safe so you can cool down.

I'm at 0 heat right now, so I can just do whatever.

Does 1206 have LoS to INF#2? It should, right? Even despite the elevation difference.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 19, 2023

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

I'm at 0 heat right now, so I can just do whatever.

Does 1206 have LoS to INF#2? It should, right? Even despite the elevation difference.

My bad, got it mixed up with the JR7. Yeah, I recall reading something about if a unit is adjacent to a hill they can use it as a blind spot. But I'm really hazy on the specifics for the current LoS rules, even after reading them. I think LoS might be blocked to the adjacency rule, but a 'Mech in 1206 would be calculating from lvl3. So I'm not sure.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I would assume 1206 wouldn't because the infantry are too short, but a mech might be visible but I don't own infantry rules

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

interesting move option for LCT Prime (me): reverse 5 to 0208, maybe some potshots at GAL#2 if i have LOS

Keeps me from running into worse positions and should set me up to get back in the fray next time around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

interesting move option for LCT Prime (me): reverse 5 to 0208, maybe some potshots at GAL#2 if i have LOS

Keeps me from running into worse positions and should set me up to get back in the fray next time around

I think you got us flipped. I'm LCT #2 in 0706. The various lvl2 hexes between 0208 and the Galleon prevent LoS as 'Mechs are also 2 levels tall.