Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

New episode was pretty good, the b-plot was kinda whatever but that's fine, they didn't spend that much time on it comparatively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was expecting that scene of Stan trying to eat the sandwich to be a lot more explicit and disgusting.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SeANMcBAY posted:

I was expecting that scene of Stan trying to eat the sandwich to be a lot more explicit and disgusting.

Yeah but instead it was good.

Man this was one of francine's more unlikable episodes. God I knew way too many people like that in my younger years

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I can't tell if I'm losing interest in American Dad or I just can't ever remember that new episodes come out on Mondays. Maybe it's both, but i think it's like, a 10/90 split. :doh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I post the plot précis and I forget. Don’t sweat it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I still haven't even caught up

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Great episode of AD, real classic formula.

Need a tuttlestrut.gif tho

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

YeahTubaMike posted:

I can't tell if I'm losing interest in American Dad or I just can't ever remember that new episodes come out on Mondays. Maybe it's both, but i think it's like, a 10/90 split. :doh:

The broadcast schedule for just about everything is so random and weird lately that it's not surprising. I forget to check out even the shows I like until after they're out for a while because god knows when anything comes out anymore.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha, was NOT expecting the Wraith's wish. Awesome.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I loved Tuttles reaction at Klaus' "Live Laugh Love" painting

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I thought the two most recent episodes were extremely meh. The giraffe one almost felt like bad American Dad fan fiction, and the wraith girlfriend one just didn't do anything for me.

Can't win 'em all!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

every so often people ask what episodes they should show people to get them into the show, so I came up with a few "American Dad starter packs". Each set of episodes has a theme or an "arc" to them that can be used to ease a person into the show and its style of humor.

Pack one: “Roger’s Personas”
Episodes: Fellow Traveler, The One That Got Away, Jenny Fromdabloc, Shallow Vows, The Dentist’s Wife, Ricky Spanish, Persona Assistant
Description: For people who want to better understand why and how Roger the alien is like 300 different people at the same time and society as a whole just rolls with it.

Pack two: “Let’s get Spooky!”
Episodes: Rabbit Ears, Echoes, Hot Water, Enter Stanman, You Are Here, Exquisite Corpses, Salute Your Sllort, Family Time, The Three Fs, The Witches of Langley, The Pleasanting at Smith House
Description: Most American tv shows only do horror themed episodes around Halloween, but at some point the writers of American Dad realized “Wait, we can write episodes with horror elements whenever we want! Even if it’s not Halloween time!” so now we get like 3-4 spooky episodes per season and there was much rejoicing. To be clear: these are just a few of my favorite spooky episodes, I know there’s actually way more than this.

Pack three: “Jeff’s Space Adventures”
Episodes: Naked to the Limit One More Time, Lost in Space, The Longest Distance Relationship, Holy poo poo Jeff's Back!, Bahama Mama, Roger's Baby
Description: Jeff gets sent to space, try to get people to guess how this story arc will begin and end and then see how wrong they are.

Pack four: “Danuta and Nerfer”
Episodes: Faking Bad, "Shark?!, Funnyish Games, One Fish Two Fish, Roger Needs Dick, Beyond the Alcove, Please Please Jeff, Cow I Met Your Moo-ther (this one isn't out yet, but it will be soon)
Description: Hayley has these two friends named Danuta and Nerfer. They started out has a background character (Danuta) and a one-off gag (Nerfer) respectively, but the writers kept making jokes about them and kept bringing them back up and eventually had them move in together and buy a bunch of bats. Why? Probably because their names are hilarious. I know that’s why I like ‘em. Anyway, here’s a few episodes where they’re either mentioned or make an appearance.

Pack Five: “Christmas with the Smiths”
Episodes: The Best Christmas Story Never Told, The Most Adequate Christmas Ever, Rapture’s Delight, For Whom the Sleigh Bell Tolls, Season’s Beatings, Minstrel Krampus, Dreaming of a White Porsche Christmas, Gifted Me Liberty, Ninety North, Zero West, Santa Schmanta, Yule. Tide. Repeat, The Grounch
Description: The Simpsons does the best Halloween episodes, Bob’s Burgers does the best Thanks giving episodes, and American dad does the best Christmas episodes. These are my firmly held beliefs, feel free to fight me in a field if you disagree.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

You can also just tell them to dive on in

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dive on in.

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Dive on in.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Kwyndig posted:

Dive on in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LET'S GET READY READY!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
No new episode this week. :smith:

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
New Roger personas just dropped https://twitter.com/stringsandink/status/1650839423154626560

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Warwick Castle III, disgraced earl and degenerate gambler.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Benjamin Big is my name and I'm British as hell!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Winston Dickens, gentleman pickpocket.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
When you're a fugitive, the best pseudonym is a name that sounds really stupid and may also be a pun.

Robert Hood, 3rd cousin to Robin and amateur bird whisperer.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 26, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shannon, your dad's a creep.

:smith: ...yeah

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Russian Doll is such a good episode, one of my favorites of the latest seasons.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Adrian Wall, inventor of the open concept housing trend!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Wraith episode was good. What time do new episodes drop btw?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

RC Cola posted:

Wraith episode was good. What time do new episodes drop btw?

New episodes air on Mondays at 10PM Eastern on TBS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is there a new one tonight?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there a new one tonight?

There is!

Stretched Thin
When Jeff finds out that the family thinks he makes terrible decisions, he decides to take a job selling stretchy leggings to prove them wrong.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
This might be amazing

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I feel like the Chivalric Cabaret episode established Jeff has some gorgeous gams, so I hope we have a lot of Jeff in tights

uhhhhhhhhhhhh because it'd be so FUNNY, you see, not because some hypothetical poster might get off on it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at Klaus wearing little fish leggings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh god drat it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Of course it's Roger.

"Pitbull is feeding Jeff a smores"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I like how we never see how Jeff got all the money. I'm with Klaus that its cool though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Did anyone else kind of think that the lady Jeff first met who got him into the leggings MLM was going to end up being Roger? I thought it was going to be a call back to how every member of the Smith family has one Roger persona they can't see through. She had a lot of Roger energy (which I guess is just how people naturally act when they're trying to get you to buy into an MLM), but it turned out Roger wasn't at the bottom of the pyramid scheme, he was at the top.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What on earth is that song they played at the party? The one they play at hockey games. It's shockingly hard to find. I know the hey one because of its um, infamous creator

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://youtu.be/iPOmFUid3vA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

It was this show where someone pulls out a lyrics cheat sheet for that song, right