Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

MarcusSA posted:

I was told they definitely take peoples rap sheets into consideration when they decide to make someone a mod or not.

I’m not so sure that is the case!

they very obviously don't, fritz the horse, the admin removed for editing someone elses autoban post, has a probation from less than a year ago where they talk about editing other people's posts lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the chain sixer has worked on everyone except bust rodd whose cringe was too powerful to be stopped by it

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

vyelkin posted:

This is from ages back since this thread moves so fast but I want to clear it up: this is not true. Leon was never asked to be an admin. He made that up to troll one of his posting rivals.

Are you sure y'all didn't just forget? Have you checked the admin discord? Check for notes under Jeff's pillow?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the chain sixer has worked on everyone except bust rodd whose cringe was too powerful to be stopped by it

needed to use the guard break special into a combo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

the system works...

but unironically, the chain sixer seems to be one of the more effective moderating tools since it's (apparently) very quick to bring out whatever crazy was bubbling to the surface. wild stuff

the sixer is the punishment most likely to provoke an enraged response, so a lot of them chained together act as a multiplier

it's interesting that the shortest punishment available makes people the most unhinged. scientists postulate a hypothetical shorter punishment that could potentially unlock towering new rages...

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol jeffrey getting arrested for crypto money laundering and he has to manage the forum from outside prison like a mob boss while sleeping in solitary

having nightmares about lowtax like al capone in eastern state pen

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Rerouting the entire goonfund to Jeffy's mod compound so they can afford enough stimulants to collectively stay up for two hours each week

fakee. also cant believe that getfiscal never got the chance to buy SA, banned a decade before his time...

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the sixer is the punishment most likely to provoke an enraged response, so a lot of them chained together act as a multiplier

it's interesting that the shortest punishment available makes people the most unhinged. scientists postulate a hypothetical shorter punishment that could potentially unlock towering new rages...

all fun and games until the six minute probe causes the site to collapse in an anarchy of bloodletting

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i've gotten pm's thanking me for the sixer... smh

sube
Nov 7, 2022

vyelkin posted:

This is from ages back since this thread moves so fast but I want to clear it up: this is not true. Leon was never asked to be an admin. He made that up to troll one of his posting rivals.

Lmao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

vyelkin posted:

lmao what a worm

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Something Awful staff roll call

https://www.tiktok.com/@lostnewzealand/video/7097056103078366465

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

It's true. Even normally cool headed people get a little testy at the ten minute time out imposed for posting in SAD.

vvv :same:

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 19, 2023

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I Have No Filter And I Must Post

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

technically you get a 15-minute probation when one of your threads is gassed. i think you could probably make somebody's head explode if you tacked 15 minutes right onto the end of a 6er

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I like what this thread is cooking w.r.t probe lengths

lmao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jazerus posted:

technically you get a 15-minute probation when one of your threads is gassed. i think you could probably make somebody's head explode if you tacked 15 minutes right onto the end of a 6er

give IKs the ability to add an extra 5 to the end of a sixer

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

B33rChiller posted:

Are you sure y'all didn't just forget? Have you checked the admin discord? Check for notes under Jeff's pillow?

I wasn't an admin yet when he claimed it happened but I could tell it was not true at the time. But just to be 100% sure, I checked with the senior admins before posting the truth in this thread because I recently got burned by Fritz's stealth edit and I wanted to be absolutely certain I wasn't going to accidentally mislead anybody again.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Based on why they said they were demodded and considering the new information that has come to light I postulate that Leon was demodded because an IK got them with the old:

“If you type my biggest posting enemies’s pw in the discord it automatically changes it to ********* .”

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMightyBoops posted:

Based on why they said they were demodded and considering the new information that has come to light I postulate that Leon was demodded because an IK got them with the old:

“If you type my biggest posting enemies’s pw in the discord it automatically changes it to ********* .”

MorrowindJoeBiden69

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wtf

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

TheMightyBoops posted:

hunter2

lol goodtimes

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

also lmao @ lyin' leon's attempt to control the narrative. if you cant trust him, who can you trust?

For what it's worth, lobster shirt's summary is what I agree with:

lobster shirt posted:

hm i guess to elaborate in a vague fashion leon didn't actually dox anyone (hence why he hasn't been permabanned) or do anything malicious but i think there was some rather cavalier handling of some PI. which, in the context of everything that has happened recently, the admin team seems to want to nip in the bud. sorry i really don't want to get super into the weeds here but i also don't want people to think that there was some flagrant "user's irl name and address is..." thing happening.

also if anyone doesn't know and is curious mods can't see (or i guess if we can i have no idea how to lol) personal information, our tool for alt checks is just asking an admin.

lobster shirt posted:

yeah i mean i don't want to defend anything that has happened or anyone involved, i just want to make it clear - from the perspective of someone who doesn't want people even more distrustful of site staff - that there was no doxing here, leon did not dox anyone or even actively try to do something harmful.

sorry i hate doing stuff like this i hope this isnt mod voice lol.

It was something stupid that shouldn't have happened and/or should've been stopped sooner. Funny how many things you can say that about here...

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I wasn't an admin yet when he claimed it happened but I could tell it was not true at the time. But just to be 100% sure, I checked with the senior admins before posting the truth in this thread because I recently got burned by Fritz's stealth edit and I wanted to be absolutely certain I wasn't going to accidentally mislead anybody again.

I believed you, but just wanted to taste some of that low hanging fruit.
Cool of you to respond sincerely though, thanks :cheersbird:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

why has Willa driven two dnd mods insane?

also, iirc vilerat had beef with her so two dnd mods insane and one...well...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
people talkin about whatever random forum crews are solely doing so because they're terrified of talking about the true crew that runs the forums and drives its enemies to despair before crushing them, the beef crew

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

vyelkin posted:

edit: this got quoted a bunch of times already but I realized I shouldn't speculate about the motives behind it. I know he made it up but I shouldn't have said it was to troll a posting rival because I don't know that for certain.

lmaooooooo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the msot powerful crew is rpg thread crew

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the msot powerful crew is rpg thread crew

That thread owns, but moves so fast, or it did a year ago when I got overwhelmed.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

It was something stupid that shouldn't have happened and/or should've been stopped sooner.

It was a mistake, but it was driven by bad attitudes / principles about moderation and a set of circumstances that shouldn't have ever existed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TheMightyBoops posted:

That thread owns, but moves so fast, or it did a year ago when I got overwhelmed.

its not that fast but i just post there. its probably my favorite thread in games

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

why has Willa driven two dnd mods insane?

also, iirc vilerat had beef with her so two dnd mods insane and one...well...

willa takes no prisoners

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

About a year ago I called out lyin' leon in dnd for gaslighting me, trad. charles boyer meaning as in "this bitch be crazy" but couched in leon language.

A dnd mod proactively reached out to me & asked for proof of my contention, which I spent a while compiling, and then the mod's response was

quote:

Thanks, this is the sort of background I was hoping for. I intend to share this with the rest of the mods and in the team thread if you're okay with that

And after I gave my blessing that dnd mod shared it with the rest of the dnd mods who then decided to appoint leon as a fellow mod, lol.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Willa Rogers posted:

About a year ago I called out lyin' leon in dnd for gaslighting me, trad. charles boyer meaning as in "this bitch be crazy" but couched in leon language.

A dnd mod proactively reached out to me & asked for proof of my contention, which I spent a while compiling, and then the mod's response was

And after I gave my blessing that dnd mod shared it with the rest of the dnd mods who then decided to appoint leon as a fellow mod, lol.

Thank you for posting in this thread, legend.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Okay but surely this time we've reached the end of the Legend of Lyin' Leon, and no one will show up with yet another utterly insane detail of his posting career.

E: well nevermind

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Willa Rogers posted:

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Okay surely this time we've reached the end of the Legend of Lyin' Leon, and no one will show up with yet another utterly insane detail of his posting career.

E: well nevermind

if we are being honest, the most cringe thing about leon as both a mod and a poster is that he could not turn off his forums war brain. there is no single circumstance anyone will point to that summarizes it, but he clearly should not have ever been a mod, and there is a legacy problem with both how mods are selected and how they stay mods that has been discussed to death in SAD. a model has been proposed for fixing it through actually listening to user feedback, and just needs to continue being followed up on.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

speng31b posted:

if we are being honest, the most cringe thing about leon as both a mod and a poster is that he could not turn off his forums war brain. there is no single circumstance anyone will point to that summarizes it, but he clearly should not have ever been a mod, and there is a legacy problem with both how mods are selected and how they stay mods that has been discussed to death in SAD. a model has been proposed for fixing it through actually listening to user feedback, and just needs to continue being followed up on.

if the last few days are any indication, a simpler solution would be to simply stop putting people from D&D in positions of power

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

The subject information arrayed out in front of him, Koos thinks "this is my greatest creation yet. I'll have to put him through phase 2 testing now"

vvv nah Lyin' Leon is funny and you're boring + "actually its ebophilia"

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
calling him lyin leon is just as dumb as the poo poo he was doing we don't need to give cutesy nicknames to every forum loser