Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I always forget BOTW has that Xenoblade 2 promotion thing in there for Rex's pantless diving suit outfit. 3 is still putting out DLC and had costumes I'd actually like to wear, maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Why is Riju fighting with swords instead of seals though? :confused:

I think the only shots of Gerudo desert we’ve seen have been cutscenes so I’m guessing it isn’t covered in sand anymore…

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
After several years, I finally beat Minish Cap. I guess I can play through it again on Switch.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RatHat posted:

I think the only shots of Gerudo desert we’ve seen have been cutscenes so I’m guessing it isn’t covered in sand anymore…

that’s wrong and it still is

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Speaking of the desert, we’ve already seen Link encountering a snowy area on a sky island in the gameplay demonstration, and venturing into an underground chamber with lava rivers in the latest trailer (I’m guessing the lava chamber is somewhere within or under Death Mountain). So that’s at least one new cold area (probably more) and new fire/lava area. Will there also be a new hot area? A return to Gerudo is a sure thing, but I wonder if there will also be a desert sky island.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I fully anticipate sky islands to have the same broad climate as the areas they're above. Rito, snowy and windy. Goron, hot and smoky. Zora, rainy and wet. Gerudo, thunderstorm-y and sandstorm-y.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Now I have to go look and see if someone’s put together a map of all the sky islands based on the videos we’ve already seen.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Augus posted:

that’s wrong and it still is

inshallah the gerudo desert has once again become the gerudo/lanayru sea

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shiroc posted:

Given my avatar I appreciate the reference but Zelda already did the Sheik thing in that role. I’m up for bringing back Sheik, especially if it’s painfully obvious to every character that it’s Zelda, like Hyrule Warriors.

That's why OoT Zelda is the best Zelda.

I haven't watched the trailer and tried my best to scroll way past anyone gushing about it so I can keep assuming they're excited for obvious hints of playing as Zelda / Shrek.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Who the heck is selling the light up sword from tears?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Khanstant posted:

That's why OoT Zelda is the best Zelda.

I haven't watched the trailer and tried my best to scroll way past anyone gushing about it so I can keep assuming they're excited for obvious hints of playing as Zelda / Shrek.

If you can play as Shrek that’s GOTY material for sure.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Prepared for the All Star remix during the Ganon fight that starts with tinkling piano before bringing in the whole orchestra

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The more I think about 'it can't be time travel in botw' the funnier it gets considering Age of Calamity is Right There

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
this is how i think its going down zelda gets trapped in long ago when she falls down the hole and starts glowing, either 10000 years ago or zonai past or pre-ss or whatever the gently caress it ends up being. the "please, you must find me, link" is the fact shes had to put herself in a resurrection pod like link in botw to get back to her own time, which is that coffin slab you see her standing next to. the only way to open that (so it doesnt get openned at the wrong time and its hidden from ganon and the like over the many many eons) is the tears of the kingdom that are scattered around hyrule, placed by zelda in the past. we need zelda in the present to deal with ganondorf, cos triforce. however, it being time fuckry, you can send messages back in the past dispute her being in the coffin, so she can like, leave hints and poo poo around the land and change things up dark world/light world like maybe. oh we dont have the right stuff to rebuild the master sword huh, well back in this time we do, ill just leave in my coffin with me. i also think this will link back to demise/hylia/OG link and be some kind of timeloop thing. "oh we can only deal with this in the far flung future huh okay. better make up some bullshit about 3 gods and trick people into thinking groose is og ganon"

seems that way... maybe??? i dunno, im thinking about this so i dont have to do work today.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 19, 2023

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
You should be able to send items back and forth through time by putting them in a receptacle like the toilet in day of the tentacle

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
With botw being somehow after all timelines, I like the idea of totk being both before and after every other Zelda game in the timeline.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I finally found the last great fairy and started maxing out my gear and...uh...they really lean into the innuendo

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

it's not innuendo at that point

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's stops being innuendo after a bit

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

theory: zelda's english voice sucks because the character is putting on an accent, because she's a weird dork

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

kidcoelacanth posted:

theory: zelda's english voice sucks because the character is putting on an accent, because she's a weird dork

I know a girl who does this so the theory tracks

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

It just occured to me that, assuming that the Zelda bits of the trailers are set in some distant past via time travel, that it can't be pre-Skyward Sword stuff, for one very important reason: we see her with the Master Sword, which didn't exist as such until the end of that game. So if it is the past, it isn't some unrecorded prehistory, it's within known canon (unaccounted for ten thousand years notwithstanding)

We've reached a point where even the mysterious prelapsarian past known only in myth has its own mysterious prelapsarian past known only in myth. Hell, we're a half dozen layers deep into that, complete with crumbling ruins and ancient incomprehensible supertech, presumably reverse-engineered from the previous gen of ancient supertech recovered from THEIR crumbling temples they had scattered around.

And the real bitch of it is we still haven't seen the first link in the chain, even in Skyward Sword there was enough ancient poo poo lying around that the Gorons had archaeologists running around. Did the Zonai build those Lanayru robots and they've just been hanging in there behind the scenes for dozens of millennia? Or were they just another group of weirdos like the Shiekah who saw a Beamos built by some dead civilization and thought "Yeah, I bet we can work these out"?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bringing in the Zapping system from resident evil

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

I feel bad for that actor. She's just miscast and/or poorly directed, doesn't deserve the buckets of hate she is assuredly getting over her performance.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

she sounded better in age of calamity imo

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I finally found the last great fairy and started maxing out my gear and...uh...they really lean into the innuendo

Ever notice how Endura Carrots are scattered around Fairy Fountains, but hidden from the fountain behind rocks and trees?

It's almost as if someone large who had to stay in the fountain picked all the ones they could reach... for some reason.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Link is straight up laying pipe on some thickness.

Good for him.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've got 70 hours in this drat game and haven't found the fourth fairy, my link is an incel

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

RubricMarine posted:

I feel bad for that actor. She's just miscast and/or poorly directed, doesn't deserve the buckets of hate she is assuredly getting over her performance.

i don't actually mind it but i won't let that get in the way of my great posts

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

maltesh posted:

Ever notice how Endura Carrots are scattered around Fairy Fountains, but hidden from the fountain behind rocks and trees?

It's almost as if someone large who had to stay in the fountain picked all the ones they could reach... for some reason.

:popeye::eyepop:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

If you can play as Shrek that’s GOTY material for sure.

Link is on the backfoot, struggling in his battle against Ganondorf.

Suddenly Shrek appears. "Leave this to me," he says.

Vikar Jerome posted:

this is how i think its going down zelda gets trapped in long ago when she falls down the hole and starts glowing, either 10000 years ago or zonai past or pre-ss or whatever the gently caress it ends up being. the "please, you must find me, link" is the fact shes had to put herself in a resurrection pod like link in botw to get back to her own time, which is that coffin slab you see her standing next to. the only way to open that (so it doesnt get openned at the wrong time and its hidden from ganon and the like over the many many eons) is the tears of the kingdom that are scattered around hyrule, placed by zelda in the past. we need zelda in the present to deal with ganondorf, cos triforce. however, it being time fuckry, you can send messages back in the past dispute her being in the coffin, so she can like, leave hints and poo poo around the land and change things up dark world/light world like maybe. oh we dont have the right stuff to rebuild the master sword huh, well back in this time we do, ill just leave in my coffin with me. i also think this will link back to demise/hylia/OG link and be some kind of timeloop thing. "oh we can only deal with this in the far flung future huh okay. better make up some bullshit about 3 gods and trick people into thinking groose is og ganon"

seems that way... maybe??? i dunno, im thinking about this so i dont have to do work today.

I think there's a very good chance you're correct about the first parts of this post, at least.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 19, 2023

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Vikar Jerome posted:

I could see this happening as it'd be yet another connection to SS, in which Zelda goes back in time and is forced to remain in a sealed crystal to hold off Demise until Link is able to get strong enough for them both to defeat him in the present

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This comic is great. Ganondorf! Stop being so attractive!

https://twitter.com/s_kinnaly/status/1647337733692723200

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

External Organs posted:

I've got 70 hours in this drat game and haven't found the fourth fairy, my link is an incel

My fourth fairy is probably different than yours. Based on the location of the other three I had it pinned down to one quadrant of the map and I started there and somehow missed it before working clockwise around the rest of the map and meticulously checking every pond I could see.

It was right next to a shrine I completed. Warp there and you can't miss it. Yet I did. I found it after realizing I must have overlooked something in that first area. I looked for a pond and warped to the nearest shrine and there it was, pretty much where I started the search.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I never completed SS but I did enjoy what I played. Kind of tempted to get the HD port using a eshop voucher alongside Kirby Return to Dreamland, if there are going to be callbacks to that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Unlucky7 posted:

I never completed SS but I did enjoy what I played. Kind of tempted to get the HD port using a eshop voucher alongside Kirby Return to Dreamland, if there are going to be callbacks to that

I misread this at first and got briefly excited at the thought of Kirby becoming part of series lore outside of the dreamworld :sigh:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Unlucky7 posted:

I never completed SS but I did enjoy what I played. Kind of tempted to get the HD port

Honestly, if you remember that game fondly let it lie. Look up the cool final boss fight on youtube and let your mind fill in the rest. There is a lot of it that's boring and/or annoying.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

Jet Jaguar posted:

This comic is great. Ganondorf! Stop being so attractive!

https://twitter.com/s_kinnaly/status/1647337733692723200

Reminds me of this classic Oglaf (very NSFW): https://www.oglaf.com/punching/ - it goes on to the next page as well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The four BotW great faeries, going from memory when the game first came out so not exact:

E -- By Impa's village, just into the woods outside of town
NE -- Look south from the tower in that region, tucked among the cliffs
NW -- Southeast of the bird village, again tucked among the cliffs
SW -- under the big skeleton in the far SW corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wanted to ask if the DLC did much for the Rito in BotW

I remember Zora's domain being fleshed out, woven into the story pretty well and Mipha was treated with this heavy sense of gravity. Urbosa and the Gerudo too and Gorons had there moment but all I remember of the Rito is just 'hi we all live on this tree here's Teba he got shot okay bye thanks for visiting"

Like I don't recall much being done with them or their part of the game standing out much outside the divine beast flying. Even AoC I only really remember Rito warriors being in the stage where you get Revali at the very start.