Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mola Yam posted:

is it just biden and pelosi who do the whole "bring jeni's ice cream up all the time" thing. or are there others.

is this just an investment/money laundering thing? looked up the founder of jeni's and it's not like her maiden name was West or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
oh yeah, old les

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

:haw:

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1648398876834164736?s=46&t=uX8jBjukhUvHpmUHGvhmEw

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

👁️

https://twitter.com/bruno_j_navarro/status/1648368333128081409

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

An actual deep state goon wouldn't have to check out over that. That guy must have been new money

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

"but gradenko", you might ask, "why are you posting about Stalin being right in the Epstein thread?"

because this article, from The Center For An Informed America, was written by none other than Dave McGowan, author of "Programmed to Kill"

Dave McGowan’s books suck rear end and I don’t know why he ever gets recommended here

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Sleepy Joe needs his chocolate chocolate chip

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

An actual deep state goon wouldn't have to check out over that. That guy must have been new money

maybe he had a guilty conscience and couldn't live with what he had dhahahahahahahaha

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

So uh we live in da one where somebody killed the guy who supposedly assassinated JFK and then died himself and also Epstein died before trial in suspicious circumstances with no follow up, and a dossier on evil stuff goes missing in the 80s UK, oh and the prolonged inquiry into the evil stuff keeps having their chairperson quit, etc. Did I miss anything? Or like I suppose it depends how wide you draw the circle. Phoenix program, cia cold war and post cold war fuckery.

I guess I'm just occasionally still shocked by how it all just sort of sits our there, with no follow up or actual closure.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lampsacus posted:

So uh we live in da one where somebody killed the guy who supposedly assassinated JFK and then died himself

Hold on hold on, you're skipping a very important step here:

Jack Ruby shot Oswald, was perfectly lucid, got interrogated by a doctor famously associated with the MK Ultra Project for hours, was insane for the rest of his short life afterwards

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I mean that one is straight up like comic book poo poo lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

then a month after his conviction was overturned and he was due for a new trial in a new venue, he died of cancer that suddenly developed in his lungs, brain, and liver simultaneously

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Apr 19, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
well, he's dead. so in general, you always have to be careful

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

/Melinda divorces Bill

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

Hypothetically, if that line was innocent. How could it be? What could he be referring to? You have to be careful of... Mental health problems? It's such a bizzare phase to parse when you try to see it as innocuous. It has to be telegraphing that it's a given he was taken out right? What does Gates know???! What happened on the island's cds gatesy?!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

some ice cold poo poo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Hold on hold on, you're skipping a very important step here:

Jack Ruby shot Oswald, was perfectly lucid, got interrogated by a doctor famously associated with the MK Ultra Project for hours, was insane for the rest of his short life afterwards

Good old Jolly Motherfucker West.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I imagine Gates is one of the guys who Epstein probably THOUGHT he was? Like at a level where he might actually be able to "mutually assured destruction" some other rich people on his way down and out, were anything to come to light.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
the gem of the operation was a guy named RUBY

(close to RUBE??????)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jack Ruby
Jack Kennedy

are they brothers?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I imagine Gates is one of the guys who Epstein probably THOUGHT he was? Like at a level where he might actually be able to "mutually assured destruction" some other rich people on his way down and out, were anything to come to light.

i wonder about at what point do the Illuminati roll up on you and strongly advise you to get with the program, like what level of wealth or power do you need to have them give you the Talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCcSuFF6a7M

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

inferis posted:

Dave McGowan’s books suck rear end and I don’t know why he ever gets recommended here

well... we're waiting

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Lampsacus posted:

Hypothetically, if that line was innocent. How could it be? What could he be referring to? You have to be careful of... Mental health problems? It's such a bizzare phase to parse when you try to see it as innocuous. It has to be telegraphing that it's a given he was taken out right? What does Gates know???! What happened on the island's cds gatesy?!

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018

uber_stoat posted:

i wonder about at what point do the Illuminati roll up on you and strongly advise you to get with the program, like what level of wealth or power do you need to have them give you the Talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCcSuFF6a7M

this is the initiation process basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_574Rxxez2c

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

"we're pretty tight with the lovely ones" gets me every time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh yeah im totally believing trevor fell off his own balcony now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao i hadn't seen that skit before

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lampsacus posted:

So uh we live in da one where somebody killed the guy who supposedly assassinated JFK and then died himself and also Epstein died before trial in suspicious circumstances with no follow up, and a dossier on evil stuff goes missing in the 80s UK, oh and the prolonged inquiry into the evil stuff keeps having their chairperson quit, etc. Did I miss anything? Or like I suppose it depends how wide you draw the circle. Phoenix program, cia cold war and post cold war fuckery.

I guess I'm just occasionally still shocked by how it all just sort of sits our there, with no follow up or actual closure.

Tbh all those crimes pale in comparison to just the genocide in Korea. Which I only bring up because it was one of the initial crimes of the cold war.

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018
Bombshell filing: 9/11 hijackers were CIA recruits

quote:

A newly-released court filing raises grave questions about the relationship between Alec Station, a CIA unit set up to track Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden and his associates, and two 9/11 hijackers leading up to the attacks, which was subject to a coverup at the highest levels of the FBI.

Obtained by SpyTalk, the filing is a 21-page declaration by Don Canestraro, a lead investigator for the Office of Military Commissions, the legal body overseeing the cases of 9/11 defendants. It summarizes classified government discovery disclosures, and private interviews he conducted with anonymous high-ranking CIA and FBI officials. Many agents who spoke to Canestraro headed up Operation Encore, the Bureau’s aborted, long-running probe into Saudi government connections to the 9/11 attack.

Despite conducting multiple lengthy interviews with a range of witnesses, producing hundreds of pages of evidence, formally investigating several Saudi officials, and launching a grand jury to probe a Riyadh-run US-based support network for the hijackers, Encore was abruptly terminated in 2016. This was purportedly due to a byzantine intra-FBI bust-up over investigative methods.

When originally released in 2021 on the Office’s public court docket, every part of the document was redacted except an “unclassified” marking. Given its explosive contents, it is not difficult to see why: as Canestraro’s investigation concluded, at least two 9/11 hijackers had been recruited either knowingly or unknowingly into a joint CIA-Saudi intelligence operation which may have gone awry.

well would you look at that!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

bruuuhhhh

animist
Aug 28, 2018
the two versions of Heartland on Libgen that I can read (the azw3 and the epub) both have the "cauldron of hate" line that marks the bad edition, rip. Idk how bad it is though that's what I read and it seemed fine.

Also I just finished Family of Secrets and lol that book is wild. The Bushes sure got up to a lot of interesting stuff.

i especially liked the part where Bush Sr maintained intelligence links his whole life, hired the guys that did Watergate, and has a forged alibi for where he was the day of the JFK assassination. Also Bush Jr ran a long string of intelligence-linked shell corporations funded by the Saudis and Harvard but that's not surprising that's a normal rich person job.

Jeb! was mysteriously absent for most of the book though... :tinfoil:

e: lol, speaking of Bush and the Saudis

animist has issued a correction as of 23:52 on Apr 19, 2023

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018
family of secrets is fantastic, it's incredible how much crime a single family can get up to when they're that well connected

there's not a lot of individual people that bear more responsibility for how the world currently exists than poppy bush

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Real hurthling! posted:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao i hadn't seen that skit before

documentary

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Is one of the CIA's functions to take part in/control/create black markets? I'm dumb, please advise

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018

Ham Cheeks posted:

Is one of the CIA's functions to take part in/control/create black markets? I'm dumb, please advise

the 80s crack craze was basically entirely for the CIA's benefit. they had all this coke they were getting from their narco allies in south and central america that they needed to sell in order to fund their pet death squads all over the place (also it didn't hurt to have an opportunity to further criminalize being black). but cocaine is a rich people's drug, there's not enough of a market for it to be able to move it in the quantities they needed. but hey what's this, some guy invented this new type of coke that gets you apocalyptically high for a very short time, and you can make huge amounts of it with very little of the actual expensive drug, this is perfect. a dude named gary webb uncovered the CIA directly bringing drugs into the US to be sold in cities, and for his trouble he got his career torpedoed and ultimately tragically committed suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head, twice. they also controlled opium production in cambodia and laos while the vietnam war was going, ditto afghanistan while we were there. they're almost certainly behind the flood of fentanyl happening now

yes, is the short answer. the CIA specifically and the security state more generally has done a staggering amount of gun and drug running since the end of WWII, and also human trafficking through people like epstein

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Ham Cheeks posted:

Official function or...? The answer is yes, but not clear whether the USg intended that to be the case (doubtful), and also it's not a purported function (obviously?).

They run drugs, guns, children, and women.

If you want to sell drugs you need to either get in good with them or not sell cocaine or heroin, otherwise things will probably get ugly for you. Ecstasy, LSD, and shrooms are fine.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I managed to get the right printing for my physical version. Never underestimate physical books!

Now I just need to get off my rear end and finish it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

even if it is not true, I like to think that Trevor would approve of folks spreading unfounded rumors that he was taken out by the government for knowing too much