Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

AndrewP posted:

if you can't handle him at his celebrity nicknames then you don't deserve him at his Streetcar Named Deez Nuts

You mispronounced "I really like 'gently caress'."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

DESERVE CLIPPING YODA YOU DO NOT

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Yelling at my phone because Justin doesn’t know how to multiply numbers and is off by a factor of 1000

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
It’s that WV USA education baby

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiIGRcoGum4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deep Dark is the greatest hero in all of TAZ

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking forward to the Deep Dark / Infinite Jessie fanart. The funny stuff that makes its way into here anyways.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://twitter.com/Zoeytrope/statu...ingawful.com%2F
John Hodgman rn

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I was legit cackling during the Deep Dark / Infinite Jessie scene hard enough that I needed to pause the podcast several times

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man I love FMV quest content, and really just FMV games in general I suppose

I wish they'd do it as a series honestly because I'm so sad they didn't finish the last one. They'd better revisit it because it seemed absolutely insane

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: getting high at a screening of D&D and getting spooked by the little cast blurb before the movie thanking you for your patronage

pure McElroy poo poo

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxd0qxp9B3w

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYtZ7GFV9ys

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

He's very talented!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Bird Duet Guy

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It’s great but I had to turn on closed captioning to understand a word of it

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The twist at the end of the latest TAZ was absolutely fantastic.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Shlbethany might be the greatest McElroy character

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Sankis posted:

And to make the BDG thing seem less random, BDG Griffin, and Justin were coworkers at Polygon. Griffin and Justin left just around the time he was a breakout star of the site and then left himself a year or so later
Polygon killing all their really clever and funny original shows because management said they weren't getting enough hits was the worst decision they've ever made.

Unrelated, I fell off of TAZ somewhere in the middle and I can't remember much of anything about where I stopped or what was happening, so I probably won't pick it back up. What did they do between Ethersea and Steeplechase? Or did they just go right into the new campaign?

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

After all these years, I think the yeemick interaction is still my favorite TAZ bit.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Bonk posted:

Polygon killing all their really clever and funny original shows because management said they weren't getting enough hits was the worst decision they've ever made.

Unrelated, I fell off of TAZ somewhere in the middle and I can't remember much of anything about where I stopped or what was happening, so I probably won't pick it back up. What did they do between Ethersea and Steeplechase? Or did they just go right into the new campaign?

they did a Dust mini campaign that was not very good.

Steeplechase is solid, though

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Bonk posted:

There was a brief... maybe 6-episode Dust 2 between the two. It was ... fine.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Bonk posted:

I wonder what their numbers are like now compared to when they were still doing fun stuff post-McElroys. I don't care enough to go looking, just mildly curious.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Colonel Whitey posted:

I wonder what their numbers are like now compared to when they were still doing fun stuff post-McElroys. I don't care enough to go looking, just mildly curious.

VERY up and down. They only release a few videos a month now. Let's Play board game videos usually get around 100-150k views, and Pat's thinkpieces range anywhere from 50k to 400k. But looking through the list, they haven't even nearly broken a million views since BDG was making his deep-dive nerd lore videos. Then last I heard, Vox Media laid off Jenna due to budget cuts and she's doing her own thing now too.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Bonk posted:

VERY up and down. They only release a few videos a month now. Let's Play board game videos usually get around 100-150k views, and Pat's thinkpieces range anywhere from 50k to 400k. But looking through the list, they haven't even nearly broken a million views since BDG was making his deep-dive nerd lore videos. Then last I heard, Vox Media laid off Jenna due to budget cuts and she's doing her own thing now too.

The pivot to video era was such a sandtrap, and it's amazing that Polygon's video department has survived as much as it has. 100k views is about $300 so it's functionally just an advertisement for Polygon's other work, plus maybe the hope that they'll get an outlier video that makes a month of content pay for itself through advertising. I'm glad it's worth it as a proposition to them though, the stuff the video team makes is neat.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
It's too bad we didn't get more overlap between BDG and Griffin. They could've made some really fun new series together.

Griffin pretty much entirely wrote off Nick after his creeping got outed, so I get why he wouldn't want to continue CoolGames Inc, but I would've loved to see another year or so of collaboration.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"Do my kids know who you are?"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Proud of the brothers for remembering "give him the stick...don't give him the stick!", disappointed that they couldn't complete the joke by saying "OoOoOoOoOoOo" after that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1LUYJnGu-M

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The live show they just posted is the most unhinged thing I’ve heard in a very long time.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Tonight the role of Clint McElroy will be played by Justin McElroy.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/live/dvJojFRo8g8?feature=share

Griffin live streaming Zelda

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Warbird posted:

The live show they just posted is the most unhinged thing I’ve heard in a very long time.

Just helping!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

That live show was incredible. Just flawless.
Thank gooper for gooper

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Haven't laughed that hard at a live show since the time they met Dracula

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Was on a short little road trip Thursday, excited to put on the new Steeplechase and vibe on the highway for a while

"Ah gently caress it's a live show, this is gonna suck"

And it turns out it was incredible from start to end.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sockser posted:

what the gently caress

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Sockser posted:

IDK why you expected this

MBMBaM live shows are like consistently their best releases

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The live shows have been consistently good since they've been screening live audience questions and the live TAZ shows were always good.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
It was a good live show, but Travis's unending meanness to his dad is still grating to me. Clint got to do virtually nothing the entire time and you could tell by the end he was getting a little frustrated that he just was not allowed to do ANYTHING.

Justin playing Janitor Clint and wooing the woman of the house was amazing, to say nothing of Gooper.

"OUR DAD KNOWS HOW TO PLEASE A WOMAN!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

HE'S NOT OUR DAD, HE'S CLINT MCELROY