Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

what does they even mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Won’t give me money hmm? I’ll see u in court

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

what does they even mean
They trained illegally using Twitter data. Lawsuit time.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

That DICK! posted:

Won’t give me money hmm? I’ll see u in court

he's gonna summon his elite tokusatsu squad of tough street-fighting rebel lawyers, and then ol' M$ is getting what's coming to them :twisted:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

shyduck posted:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

shyduck posted:

A reporter for WIRED was suspended for reporting about the Matt Walsh hack

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1648785700194582528?t=aMwFsfangD15vlJfakoQLg&s=19

I too get massively bored, but I never thought to just start hacking massive douches to deal with that boredom. A true inspiration to us all.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

shyduck posted:

Concerning.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

shyduck posted:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Elon Musk and Tucker Carlson Discuss the Urge to Impregnate Women

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

What is that purple symbol on the Wow tweet? Is that subscriber only content???

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

did you just accuse me of being a twitter subscriber

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

spanky the dolphin posted:

I think that just means Elon's a subscriber to the person he's replying to, but it's not necessarily subscriber-only content. Or at least that's what it meant the first time Twitter tried this pre-Elon

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

muska lisa smile

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

earnings miss. can't even hit their own fake numbers

https://twitter.com/reutersbiz/status/1648787072142983170

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1648793243318886400

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i called musk a bad word many months ago and was banned from twitter for it. i tried that stupid “i was banned for my conservative beliefs” appeal trick yesterday and it still works lmao

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

That DICK! posted:

did you just accuse me of being a twitter subscriber

I suspected twitters sub only content wasn’t sub only by accident. You know, a normal twitter coding mishap. I’d never insult you like that, DICK!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
baby me

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shyduck posted:

They trained illegally using Twitter data? Lawsuit time?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

punished milkman posted:

i called musk a bad word many months ago and was banned from twitter for it. i tried that stupid “i was banned for my conservative beliefs” appeal trick yesterday and it still works lmao

that owns so much

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

mr. elon, bring me an app (dung dung dung dung)
make it the truest news I've ever seen (dung dung dung dung)

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

spanky the dolphin posted:

Elon's cramming more and more icons on, like a despot decorating himself with war medals

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Someone tried to explain to Elon that social networks make money by monetizing user data. Now he is paranoid that everyone is trying to steal Twitter’s data.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Not his problem anymore

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:qq:
Matt taibbi why won't you do a story about the story we didn't want you to do.
:qq:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/GordonJohnson19/status/1648804544145399808?t=pB4Ad05w5_IA6pslmcOOdg&s=19

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Elonious Munk frowned as he drew his katana. "I'm not a very good artist and the little curvy bit trips me up every time!" he exclaimed exasperatedly.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Buy the dip

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

quote:

"I'm going to start something which I call 'TruthGPT,' or a maximum truth-seeking AI that tries to understand the nature of the universe," Musk said. "And I think this might be the best path to safety, in the sense that an AI that cares about understanding the universe, it is unlikely to annihilate humans because we are an interesting part of the universe."

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1648814781502214145?t=A2xvZ22V4MwWJatN981MEw&s=19

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

“We are not making money right now but imagine that we will make so much money later.”

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Lol this works on investors every time

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It's incredible that a grifter fraud got as far as he did

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Also epic printer scene in Office Space

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
it’s true, my tesla has been doing ride share while I sleep since 2018

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Consummate Professional posted:

it’s true, my tesla has been doing ride share while I sleep since 2018

Tesla: Potentially in the Future since 2018

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
I don't even know where my Tesla is anymore, it's just driving around out there somewhere making me money every day.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Twitter? I barely know her!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Step 1: sell cars for technically zero profit
Step 2: ...
Step 3: ...???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

quote:

According to Musk's recent BBC interview, most of Twitter's advertisers have returned, though third-party data doesn't necessarily back that up: As of January Twitter's daily revenue was down by more than 40 percent, with much of that loss attributable to the departure of advertisers. Musk also claimed to the BBC that Twitter was at a break-even point, though without offering anything to suggest that's actually the case.

A look at Twitter's advertising spending as of February by Vox found that more than half of Twitter's top 1,000 advertisers have yet to return. Of Twitter's top 10 advertising partners, only six still serve ads through Twitter.

Citing data through the end of Q1, market intelligence firm Sensor Tower told The Wall Street Journal that 37 of the top 100 pre-Musk Twitter advertisers had left the platform and have yet to return. Of those top 100, 24 remaining had reduced their ad spending by some 80 percent since Musk took over.

things are going great!

also:

quote:

We contacted Twitter to get more information about Musk's talk and try to get some actual advertising numbers, and wouldn't you know it - no poop emoji this time. That's not because the company is reaching the end of its teenage years, though: We actually managed to contact an advertising VP at Twitter, and in lieu of a poop emoji we were met with silence.

lol