Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
NBA media was more concerned that a player snitched on a guy cheating on his fiancee and not that he was cheating on his fiancee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I assume Dray does not get a suspension if he doesn't go hype mode while they were reviewing it and Sabonis was doing his thing.

I love him for it, but that's gonna bring some heat.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Athanatos posted:

I assume Dray does not get a suspension if he doesn't go hype mode while they were reviewing it and Sabonis was doing his thing.

This is my take as well. I'm not angry about the suspension (it was well within the range of acceptable penalties given the behavior), it's just exhausting at this point.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tae posted:

NBA media was more concerned that a player snitched on a guy cheating on his fiancee and not that he was cheating on his fiancee

No poo poo lmao.

Recording others in a private space without consent is a big big big nono wherever the gently caress you are

Relationship bullshit and strife is a private matter. In almost all circumstances.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

yeah i really did not need to hear the collective NBA media's thoughts on infidelity

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Addendum:

Unless someone is like doing something illegal(serious) or like going on a rant about how your mistress shouldn't be seen with Magic or other niggas as the other racists think it's uncouth and demeaning for her to be seen with *them"

Then it's probably fine to be a narc rear end motherfucker

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I like Stephen A Smith holocaust tweet except in regards to domestic violence actually happened and led him to be suspended if i recall correctly.

Stephen A Smith: “There’s never an excuse to put your hands on a woman” BUT!!!

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Athanatos posted:

Dumars said that isn’t the case :shrug:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Anyone complaining about warriors being on the receiving end of physical play and foul calls can be safely ignored.

We aren't ready to have this conversation but jj is the white kendrick perkins. He's media now and he's trying to feed his kids.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Grant also noticeably changed his behavior and habits on the court. I can't exactly say when but he became much more chuck-y and prone to making simple mistakes in the team system. I honestly don't know what to make of it.

it looks like he decided to add slashing to the rim to his offensive bag, but hes not very good at it and should just stick to corner 3s

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

i am a moron posted:

Dumars said that isn’t the case :shrug:

Yeah, but if you are like "He's done cause he's showboating not the stomp" it's gonna change how the whole thing is viewed.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Athanatos posted:

Yeah, but if you are like "He's done cause he's showboating not the stomp" it's gonna change how the whole thing is viewed.

Actually I’m a loving idiot and either misread something or have brain damage cause dumars said exactly that (that he was suspended in large part for the showboating)

Personally I think Draymond should be suspended for every game until he stops making faces, he has a dumb face and he’s always making it worse

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I actually don't think it was the showboating. That place was rowdy and he was pumped up with adrenaline, so I saw that as him trying to draw some energy off the very loud hate so he didn't get too upset. Of course this wouldn't even be a thing if there wasn't a lengthy break due to the medical staff checking on the person whose chest he stomped on, so I don't think that was the catalyst.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Shaq is right: he would absolutely have punished someone for hanging on him a lot, and he probably wouldn’t have caught any serious flak for it. That was a big part of the game back then, and it isn’t even slightly surprising that players from that era don’t hate a guy who basically plays the way they did.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

soggybagel posted:

Marc Spears sounds ridiculous on the Lowe Post today. I really do not understand the NBA Media hive who are peddling the line that "Anyone would have done exactly what Draymond did when your leg is grabbed."

Am I insane for thinking 90 percent of the NBA would not have done that! Spears also uses the analogy that the NBA has "let their kid run wild but now all of a sudden you want to discipline him real strong" and so its the reaction from the league is over reaching.

Spears: "Beat the champs fair and square."

Draymond is a dick puncher. He shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt. What is with the fair and square poo poo, what he did to Sabonis was dirty. I do not understand why so many people associated with the NBA think Draymond should get different rules than other players.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

stomping on a dude on the ground was never a common thing lol what

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Happened all the time. Same with punching and grabbing peoples wieners. Dray is old school like that

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dexo posted:

Addendum:

Unless someone is like doing something illegal(serious) or like going on a rant about how your mistress shouldn't be seen with Magic or other niggas as the other racists think it's uncouth and demeaning for her to be seen with *them"

Then it's probably fine to be a narc rear end motherfucker

Didn't Kobe rat out Shaq for cheating when he got arrested in Colorado?

edit: he did

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=1891629
O'Neal made the remark to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith after the Los Angeles Times quoted a police report as saying Bryant told detectives in Eagle, Colo., "he should have done what Shaq does ... that Shaq would pay his women not to say anything" and already had paid up to $1 million "for situations like this."

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 20, 2023

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its also great that every 10 years the era of unbelievable badasses who always did hard fouls and no one cared cause they just loved hooping that much moves forward by 10 years. we will live to see people saying the curry warriors were a team of hardasses with unbelievable mental toughness

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Eh it's a thing that happens, usually done with more plausible deniability than a cartoony stomp.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

also, lol
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1648793342849761281

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the Media is lining up behind them which is bizarre. I can’t remember the last time the media lined up against a team, and it’s the loving kings of all people

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i do remember an early 2000s kings team who tried to cheat the lakers out of one of their very few very rare playoff series wins but good ended up prevailing

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Loser poo poo

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Ghost Dog posted:

its also great that every 10 years the era of unbelievable badasses who always did hard fouls and no one cared cause they just loved hooping that much moves forward by 10 years. we will live to see people saying the curry warriors were a team of hardasses with unbelievable mental toughness

bill russell couldn't bang in the low post with willard cauley-stein *puffs on a vape and peels off on an electric skateboard*

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
imagine how feral the failing nba sports media will get if both the warriors and lakers are eliminated in the first round

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

every person involved with the Warriors is a podcaster or a Content Creator so of course their colleagues are out here doing their business.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the Media is lining up behind them which is bizarre. I can’t remember the last time the media lined up against a team, and it’s the loving kings of all people

Euro players get no respect.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
When you guys say “the media” do you just mean Kendrick Perkins and Shaq or what

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What other media are there.

Though even Shams a sentient press release was weirdly pro warriors

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
If Sabonis really was holding his ankle and Draymond wanted to do something, he should have flopped and drawn a foul. Not jumped up and down on the guy lol.

Draymond got played by his own game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If Draymond just kicked back then this would be different, but it was a deliberate stomp. I feel like a lot of people are treating it like him just freeing his leg but it wasn't that.

morestuff posted:

When you guys say “the media” do you just mean Kendrick Perkins and Shaq or what

And SAS and JJ Reddick and Chris Broussard an Shams and Like most of the national basketball media.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Bay Area media had a parade of former players on today defending him: Charles Oakley, Rick Barry, Zaza Pachulia. A group of such beloved players, by teammates and opponents alike.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Papercut posted:

Bay Area media had a parade of former players on today defending him: Charles Oakley, Rick Barry, Zaza Pachulia. A group of such beloved players, by teammates and opponents alike.
I do love the narrative that this means an asterik for the Kings and silence on if Zaza hunting ankles down 21 tarnishes those rings.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

If Draymond just kicked back then this would be different, but it was a deliberate stomp. I feel like a lot of people are treating it like him just freeing his leg but it wasn't that.

And SAS and JJ Reddick and Chris Broussard an Shams and Like most of the national basketball media.

Zach Lowe did a podcast today where he said the Kings shouldn't have complained because now he has to cover Draymond instead of doing a package on the King's offense and at the very least let Spears cook about what a travesty the suspension was.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I really do feel like I’m being gaslit by people pretending stomping always happens and that Draymond doesn’t do the all the stuff they are whining about Sabonis doing

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Zaza should be in basketball prison not giving his opinions on modern dirty play

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

Zach Lowe did a podcast today where he said the Kings shouldn't have complained because now he has to cover Draymond instead of doing a package on the King's offense and at the very least let Spears cook about what a travesty the suspension was.

This is a consistent and perfectly reasonable take from Zach Lowe.

WhyteRyce posted:

I really do feel like I’m being gaslit by people pretending stomping always happens and that Draymond doesn’t do the all the stuff they are whining about Sabonis doing

Yeah, JJ even tried to say that when Draymond was sitting on Sabonis in game 1 that that was Sabonis's fault.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Meanwhile the Grizzlies yet again prove they can win without Ja, makes you think 3 years in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Tae posted:

Meanwhile the Grizzlies yet again prove they can win without Ja, makes you think 3 years in a row

Dude are you trying to jinx it