Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

verbal enema posted:

Also Radagon is my favorite boss fight in ER I wish it was just him and not that stupid loving amoeba

I've said it before and I'll say it again: hoarah loux is harder and more badass than both of them, and he should have been the final boss. Should have done a run up after the player killed Radagon and/or the Beast. You wanna take the throne, you'd best be ready to tangle with the king :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
To recap, Elden Ring has content that:
-is totally optional from the main story
-have their own mini-narratives that involve a distinct character pursuing a goal and an arc therein
-often involve you engaging in the core gameplay up to and including entire boss encounters specifically made for them
-have a variety of objectives that touch on different mechanics like combat, exploration, light puzzles etc
-invariably result in a reward that has tangible gameplay effects, sometimes significant ones
-can effect the wider world around you, including the endings
-lead the player to new locations they may have missed otherwise

I wonder what we could call such phenomenon, uuuuuhhhh, parallel missions maybe? :thunk:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

good god if the leak is true. that's too much game, hidetaka

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
it's fake, the video is from some fan mock-up on artstation

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/04/19/elden-ring-shadow-of-the-erdtree-leak-dlc-trailer-info-fake-rumor/

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
6 New Weapon Types being added

I actually can't even think of anymore weapon types that could be added to a game like this short of just introducing straight up loving guns, well, in addition to the gun already in the game. Maybe I'm just unimaginative but it feels like basically every possible setting coherant weapon type that could be present is already present?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

"Greatclubs but they have their good, horizontal arc-centric moveset back from DS3, that Elden Ring stole and gave exclusively to UGS"

e: "spears but with Musou bullshit instead of the most boring weapons in the entire game"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:kingsley:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

ChaseTheBro's first run of ER is good watching, he's both very skilled and interested in doing everything including figuring out what the more obscure clues and hints mean: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2Hvw6tvhp8QK_F5jwUtNFiA_ryKpUOi8

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"Elden Ring expansion plans to add more content in the form of levels, monsters and items"

blowing my mind here what a hoodwinking

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

i think it's more the "map as big as the entire base game" stuff that's kind of sketch

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i think it's more the "map as big as the entire base game" stuff that's kind of sketch

Yeah there's no way that's true.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah there's no way that's true.

It's going to be five times as big.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Also basically everything else in that leak

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

khwarezm posted:

6 New Weapon Types being added

I actually can't even think of anymore weapon types that could be added to a game like this short of just introducing straight up loving guns, well, in addition to the gun already in the game. Maybe I'm just unimaginative but it feels like basically every possible setting coherant weapon type that could be present is already present?

Use your imagination

Kitchen utensils
Tickle weapons
Harsh language
Brown note trumpets
S&M toys
Louise Has Weapon, Use Weapon

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
You could have Bloodborne trick weapons that transform when you try to twonhand them. That’s basically what happens with weapons like Radahn’s where you hold one when one handing and dual wield when two handing.

Steve Yun posted:

Use your imagination

Kitchen utensils
Tickle weapons
Harsh language
Brown note trumpets
S&M toys

Hat
Motorcycle
Guitar
Radahn’s Greatswords but there are little Radahn heads on the pommels that can talk

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Mighty boots

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’ve been binging that Tarnishes Archaeologist dudes videos. Really astonishing how much I overlook playing through it. I feel a little dumb for just assuming that a lot of the details and decals throughout the world and dungeons were just dressing and superfluous.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Steve Yun posted:

Use your imagination

Kitchen utensils
Tickle weapons
Harsh language
Brown note trumpets
S&M toys

A weapon that lets you roll around like those lil "snake in a skull" guys. The Sonic the Hedgehog build

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

They're adding colossal versions of every weapon.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nunchaku
Nunchucks
Num chux...

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They're adding colossal versions of every weapon.

Can't wait to dual wield colossal colossal swords

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Colossal fists

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

They should add more small hammers and weapons that look more improvised. Like the graveyards that have all the runes lying around, let me swing one of the coffin lids around as a big flat club.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
They're adding yo-yos like in Earthbound, and then Mother 3 will be localized.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

A weapon that lets you roll around like those lil "snake in a skull" guys. The Sonic the Hedgehog build

Look up the lightning ram weapon art.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dyz posted:

Look up the lightning ram weapon art.

Yeah exactly! But make it a weapon, not a weapon art. Make it viable as a full build!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They're just going to jam DS 1-3 in as areas you can dip into and out of at will.
or
"...and they're all a new kind of swamp I call hyper-swamp that is designed in such a way that you the player will feel nauseous as you explore them"

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

New weapon type: spirit ashes. You just reach into your pocket and whip some atomized dead guy into your opponent's face to cause coughing buildup

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

my favorite recurring bit in Elden Ring so far is a field of bloodstains with a message in the middle that says "didn't expect weak foe"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

khwarezm posted:

I actually can't even think of anymore weapon types that could be added to a game like this

Eh, I could think of some.

Fighting Staffs - Quarterstaffs, bo staffs, that sort of thing
Slings - Finally a use for all those rocks
Chain/Rope Weapons - Rope darts, meteor hammers, and similar weapons, might be split into "great" (two handed) and one handed versions.
Foot Weapons
Hoops - There are already enemies in the game that use these so its weird you can't get any!

There, that's 5 or 6 right there and that's only limiting myself to the ones I use fairly regularly in real life because I can't be bothered to spend any real time thinking about obscure ones.

And actually it would be kinda nice to get to use the same weapons in game I actually have some experience with in real life, hah.

They aren't gonna do it, but I don't think it would be difficult if they wanted to.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 20, 2023

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

more flails. more axes (even though the current ones are perfect). The game is starved for int/fth weapons. The rune sword and the rune shield from demons souls.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

MechaSeinfeld posted:

more flails.

Bring the Interdimensional Bony Finger Blaster from Bloodborne into Elden Ring

MechaSeinfeld posted:

more flails. more axes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjifL_UMDjw

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 20, 2023

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Dope way to lose a kneecap honestly.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

The Switch Axe from Monster Hunter

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

put all the bb trick weapons in

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Full unarmed support including Hourah Loux soul weapon.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Cabers. Shotputs. Bowling balls. Those stupid three-bladed glaive things from Warcraft. Lord Scrotus' insane loving chainsaw staff from the Mad Max game (this one is a twinblade for strength builds)

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

A proper strike damage lucerne :mad:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

The ability to equip Boc and swing him around by the ankles. "Ouch! Well struck milord"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The real 12 points was the Thug-Friends we made along the way

Ratios and Tendency posted:

A proper strike damage lucerne :mad:

Also, bring back more Ds3 classics.

-The pitchfork. I loved the pitchfork they misnamed "four-pronged plow" that had five prongs and was a fork, not a plow. Very rewarding in duels when your opponent was some flashy anime-poisoned teenager who found themself losing to a peasant.
-Ultra greatswords that are even more absurd that the Guts one we have in the game: some huge chunk of metal like the cathedral greatsword that'd require a massive str investment, but was not bound to a secondary stat like dex or faith or int or arc like how the ruin gr-sword curently is.
-A straight sword that has natural frost proc, like irithyl great sword.
-Spiked mace: Great stars is in all purposes like the spiked mace, but man that weapon looked so much more menacing and the spinning bash weapon art was awesome.
-Exile greatsword. Most ds3 heavy weapons were nothing but sharps chunks of metal but man did I love their design.
-Great machete. See entry above.