Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The scene that springs to mind the most for me was back in Secret Wars, where Kurt just looks on in helpless admiration as Pete makes the entire X-team look like complete chumps as they try to stop him. Kurt needs to get his poo poo together to be worthy of putting on some spidey duds for this imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I gotta admit, it actually being Kurt and not one of the Sinisterverse Nightcrawlers kind of kneecaps my interest in it. Also why Spider-man? Daredevil basically does all the same stuff on top of also being another demoniacally themed Catholic

Kurt put his Catholic guilt down to make a new age hippy-dippy mutant religion that says and means nothing. You don't get to be Daredevil with a lack of commitment like that.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

danbanana posted:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/fall-of-x-uncanny-spider-man-nightcrawler-si-spurrier-lee-garbett?linkId=209851611

Throughout the saga, he’ll also confront a long-simmering mystery surrounding his mother, Mystique, as Spurrier’s bold transformation of the character approaches a startling climax! 

I wonder if this might involve ditching Azazel and canonizing the Claremont idea that Mystique took a male form to impregnate Destiny. It might make sense with them finally being allowed to be a couple, and Azazel showing up in another book to go, "yeah, I'm not your dad"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even the giant, deformed and brain damaged nightcrawler that spent a century with only dr. nemesis for company is too healthy and positive to be daredevil.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rochallor posted:

I wonder if this might involve ditching Azazel and canonizing the Claremont idea that Mystique took a male form to impregnate Destiny. It might make sense with them finally being allowed to be a couple, and Azazel showing up in another book to go, "yeah, I'm not your dad"

It was always "why are you believe the literal demon."

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Is shapeshifting enough to produce reproductive material more or less difficult than shapeshifting enough to reproduce someone else's powers

I honestly think the only reason they haven't done the latter with Mystique already is because she'd instantly become mutantkind's biggest menace. Just killing anyone that gave her a halfway sideways look. She'd make Sabretooth look restrained. She'd make Carnage look modest.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Codependent Poster posted:

Also sorry Jean, but Cyclops is totally right about the Brood. The events in Captain Marvel just back him up.

I think we're all simpatico on Cyclops being right in general, whatta guy.

Nightcrawler as Spider-Man is amusing enough as a gimmick that I may tell friends about it as a nutty tidbit. Good, bad, it's Nightcrawler as Spider-Man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
broo isn't really redeeming his people. he's controlling them as drones. if they have any intelligence or individuality, he's suppressing it himself. they aren't learning or changing, and as soon as he's out of the way they'll go right back to business as usual. that's exactly what happened in this story, even. cyclops is absolutely right.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/new-hellfire-gala-variant-covers-2023?linkId=210580620

Happy Only Day I Care About Fashion Day to all who celebrate!

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Having a little argument with my friend but is the "SPIDER-MAN #10 HELLFIRE GALA VARIANT COVER BY STEPHANIE HANS" character Firestar? The star in the middle and the mask makes me think yes and she is connected to Spidey. They also have Black Cat and MJ on the cover of "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29 HELLFIRE GALA VARIANT COVER BY DAVID NAKAYAMA" so I'm going to lean towards yes it is Firestar.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dang, an actually funny joke by deadpool.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Having a little argument with my friend but is the "SPIDER-MAN #10 HELLFIRE GALA VARIANT COVER BY STEPHANIE HANS" character Firestar? The star in the middle and the mask makes me think yes and she is connected to Spidey. They also have Black Cat and MJ on the cover of "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29 HELLFIRE GALA VARIANT COVER BY DAVID NAKAYAMA" so I'm going to lean towards yes it is Firestar.

She's on fire, of course it's Firestar.

Yes, it took me a while to figure that out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Percy has no idea how to write Laura. I don't recognize her at all and he's writing her like some knockoff Logan.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Percy has no idea how to write

True, true

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also lol at a bunch of the council being like "oh well I guess we'll just ignore Beast" after all the poo poo he did.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Also lol at a bunch of the council being like "oh well I guess we'll just ignore Beast" after all the poo poo he did.

Yeah Charles literally says "And in the same spirit of renewal and independence, let's forget Beast entirely, shall we?". While the Quiet Council is full of shady people with shady pasts the way they've handled this since last issue when Logan dropped off the body has just felt like a much different tone. Especially Charles having no subtlety or tact and just outright saying weird poo poo like that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

percy's doing a lot of work to make the fall of krakoa not seem like such a bad thing.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Ghost Rider did not get the memo that people were supposed to dress up and snagged one of Cyclops' spare pairs of sunglasses before hitting the bar.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Something with the pose and the glasses for the Deadpool Fantomex cover is screaming Spider Jerusalem to me. Also that he's just wearing a vest over his normal gear.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 20, 2023

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Percy has no idea how to write Laura. I don't recognize her at all and he's writing her like some knockoff Logan.

Lmao I got this issue because part of my brain went "new characters = new writer", and was distracted because I do love Wolverine, and whoops. Like she just fuckin' stabs Strong Guy and Juggernaut in the knees and walks off like WHAT? Christ.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I guess I could sort of buy that Wolverine and Talon could be acting out now that one of them is The Fake One but the fake one is living the life the real one should have had. But even with that Laura's supposed to have grown up too much to be attacking random people.

On the other hand Quentin genuinely prancing out of a portal looking like Master Roshi after having gone missing for ages is very funny to me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stabbing people is cool

ShallowKnave
Sep 9, 2011
Fun Shoe

Hi, Felicia

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
percy seems to be one of the few people who remembers xtreme xmen.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Draxion posted:

I guess I could sort of buy that Wolverine and Talon could be acting out now that one of them is The Fake One but the fake one is living the life the real one should have had. But even with that Laura's supposed to have grown up too much to be attacking random people.

On the other hand Quentin genuinely prancing out of a portal looking like Master Roshi after having gone missing for ages is very funny to me.

I could see that but my first thought when they introduced Talon was that no one is more prepared to meet a duplicate of themselves than Laura Kinney. That whole extended family is shenanigans.

Maduo fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 20, 2023

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Maduo posted:

I could see that but my first thought when they introduced Talon was that no one is more prepared to meet a duplicate of themselves than Laura Kinney. That whole extended family is shenanigans.

Yeah, I thought so too. They DID seem pretty mad at each other at the time, but nobody gets cloned more often than the Wolverines.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

percy seems to be one of the few people who remembers xtreme xmen.

Which is admittedly an impressive feat since the average reader's eyes slid off it, retaining only scattered factoids like "I think somebody had lifeguard powers," "Rogue with short hair which worked for her" and "the lawyer was a dragon??"

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
We're talking about Claremont's Xtreme, right? Because the only thing I've read of that is the lesbian prison movie story and it's the only thing I feel I need to read from that book.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Don't stop there! You will miss the bathtub tentacle orgy! You wouldn't want to miss that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I should really get to check on that new Claremont X-Treme revival ongoing and see just how horny, dumb, and wordy it is compared to what came before. Better? Worse? Same? I'm sure it will be magical.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/jonathan_eff/status/1648697705856737281

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Saoshyant posted:

Don't stop there! You will miss the bathtub tentacle orgy! You wouldn't want to miss that.

Oh, right. I forgot that Callisto got the tentacles Jean Grey had for an issue but she kept them because the author's barely disguised fetish she decided she liked the agility or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i meant more that storm is the only person who ever respected sage. their relationship was a pretty big part of that run.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Has Cable ever interacted with Maddie? Besides being born.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Beerdeer posted:

His alternate version x-man banged her

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Beerdeer posted:

I think for a story arc in his first ongoing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yes, they interacted a couple of times and had some actually pretty significant scenes in his 90s solo series.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Saoshyant posted:

I should really get to check on that new Claremont X-Treme revival ongoing and see just how horny, dumb, and wordy it is compared to what came before. Better? Worse? Same? I'm sure it will be magical.

It's incredibly loving boring and just about the least essential thing you could possibly read.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

rantmo posted:

It's incredibly loving boring and just about the least essential thing you could possibly read.

Well, that's disappointing. Thanks for sparing me the effort, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Saoshyant posted:

Well, that's disappointing. Thanks for sparing me the effort, though.

It's a bummer and really, really not helped my LaRocca's art.