Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Sorry, there's an echo, can you mute again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
can you guys hear me now

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
hold on, sorry, can we go back a few slides?

thanks Manifisto!

Ass-penny

you all joke but f'real being on zoom calls all day is my personal hell. meetings are useless and are great for killing time but detrimental to being productive, and how productive you are is very easily measured in jobs I have had. sure I'm posting on SA instead of claying up the seam and pouring silicone in this mold but gently caress this dumb place and the dumb people who run the company lmao

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

source: they all dumb as hell

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

rear end-penny posted:

you all joke but f'real being on zoom calls all day is my personal hell. meetings are useless and are great for killing time but detrimental to being productive, and how productive you are is very easily measured in jobs I have had. sure I'm posting on SA instead of claying up the seam and pouring silicone in this mold but gently caress this dumb place and the dumb people who run the company lmao

Sorry can you repeat that? My internet is bad and you froze completely

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

source: they all dumb as hell

Thread title

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

Sorry can you repeat that? My internet is bad and you froze completely

actually I just look like that, thanks for making me feel self conscious about being a frozen block of blurry pixels :/

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Admin: Hey, why haven't you been doing Procedure correctly?
Me: I thought I was doing it correctly. There's no documentation for it, so how would I know otherwise?
Admin: There is documentation for it, but you don't have access to it.
Me: Can I get access to it?
Admin: We have a company-wide training on Procedure scheduled five weeks from now. We'll provide training at that time.
Me: Can I get access to the documentation before then? I'm supposed to be doing Procedure now.
Admin: No.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
hahaha everyone will be jelly as heck when they see my new zoom background. it's like i'm on a spaceship and there's minions

Chewbecca

Dr. Honked posted:

hahaha everyone will be jelly as heck when they see my new zoom background. it's like i'm on a spaceship and there's minions

My hair and skin are both pale as hell, so my eyes and hair tend to become mixed into the background so it looks like I am the background

Blurred background ftw

Ass-penny

all of you video call havers should have framed pictures of Kim Kitsuragi from Disco Elysium behind yourselves in frame of the camera, hth

Finger Prince

That's...
That's work-work balance guys...
If I have a meeting, I'm at work. During the break between meetings... I'm still at work.
Do they think the part where you're not in a meeting is the "life" part?

Chewbecca

Finger Prince posted:

That's...
If I have a meeting, I'm at work. During the break between meetings... I'm still at work.

I got that too and it made me so mad lmao

Chewbecca

Also people at my work completely ignore calendar blocks and just plonk poo poo over the top, so who gives a gently caress anyway

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

My hair and skin are both pale as hell, so my eyes and hair tend to become mixed into the background so it looks like I am the background

Blurred background ftw

alright so, hear me out, what if we trained a parrot to respond to stupid questions over zoom, then you get a life sized cut out Chewbecca right and then against the blurred background they won't be able to tell you've pissed off for a turmeric latte!

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

That's...

bold of you to assume I make the decisions re: when my meetings are

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Ass-penny

lol I was going to say that happened hella fast. I just remembered you are ik

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I love it when I email my boss a message saying "[X] is going to cost [$]. Here is a power point slide that says [X] is going to cost [$] in large bold font. Here's a spreadsheet with my calculations showing that [X] is going to cost [$].", and my boss replies a minute later, "How much is [X] going to cost? I need an estimate." So glad I spent all day on this. I wouldn't mind if he were being sarcastic, but he really has no sense of irony. Or reading comprehension.

Ass-penny

I didn't read that whole post but if you can set luniz "I got 5 on it" to the track you should be good

Escape From Noise

A friend of mine who is nice enough to order kegs from my company texted me to let me know that the keg he got from my company was covered in dust and mold. Great loving job, everyone!

Dukes Mayo Clinic

Stoner Sloth posted:

alright so, hear me out, what if we trained a parrot to respond to stupid questions over zoom, then you get a life sized cut out Chewbecca right and then against the blurred background they won't be able to tell you've pissed off for a turmeric latte!

record ten minutes of empty office from the usual meeting camera, then walk into frame as if you’re interrupting yourself. set this video as your zoom background. see if anyone notices.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm in the office and there's no coffee. there's just diet bepis. i see a trip to the convenience store in my future, and also cookies and possibly muffins

Escape From Noise

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm in the office and there's no coffee. there's just diet bepis. i see a trip to the convenience store in my future, and also cookies and possibly muffins

You gonna get a Jack's?

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Escape From Noise posted:

You gonna get a Jack's?

:hmmno:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i went to the culinary institute in town for lunch, it ruled so hard. cheap, too

i also now have coffee, cookies, and muffins. i'm the only person in the office today.

Finger Prince

They moved some icons around on our intranet home page and all the olds are losing their goddamned minds.

Finger Prince

Many of them aren't really even that much older than me, like maybe 10-15 years? But man, there is a gulf.
I learned to get access my documents this way once, and any change to that is a personal affront! Of course it doesn't help that nobody in IT notifies anyone of this stuff in advance, you just log in one day and nothing looks the same.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
remind the olds of this ancient tome that they would have once read and revered, back in the olden times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese%3F

Finger Prince

I guess it's some new exciting issue with Microsoft 365 and a ticket has been raised and I could not give less of a poo poo.

Finger Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8

Farecoal

There he go
Positive thing about my job: my two supervisors are pretty nice and patient when I screw something up while doing it for the first time

Escape From Noise

Dr. Honked posted:

remind the olds of this ancient tome that they would have once read and revered, back in the olden times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese%3F

"motivational business fable" is a cursed phrase.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Escape From Noise posted:

"motivational business fable" is a cursed phrase.

incredibly cursed

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm in the office again today because it's bbq friday. something super weird just happened - all noises stopped. no hvac noises, no traffic, no people, nothing. it was so quiet that i had a panic attack. i didn't even know that was a thing that could happen.

then a car drove past outside and the spell was broken!

Farecoal

There he go
I think you almost got eaten by the langoliers

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
there's nothing happening today and I don't wanna sit here and do nothing like I am but I also don't wanna work cause gently caress this dumb job

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm in a meeting with someone who is pronouncing "horizon" wrong

hoary zon

Finger Prince

Hoary zon: The Far-bidden Woost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Finger Prince posted:

Hoary zon: The Far-bidden Woost