Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Imgur's been loading pretty slowly lately anyway, what other image hosting options are available?

Edit: crap, top of the page. Here's a slightly appropriate Bouletcorp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Not many, it might mean you might need to hotlink instead of reupload

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

maybe im dumb with fatigue but it just sounds like they're wiping old poo poo not tied to an account, not refusing to upload new content or anything like that? i dunno i only use imgur to upload comic pages for this thread so as long as i can still do that im not panicking.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's mostly about archiving and old threads becoming unreadable. Not a huge issue in this thread as it is 99% re-posting content that will most likely be easily available in other places, but some great edits might be lost forever, which is a shame.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm sure glad I made an account a while ago, but jesus christ

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

rhino should probably have included a link that jeff/astral are working on archiving:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030290

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm sure glad I made an account a while ago, but jesus christ

Definitely this, glad I upload through my long-standing account, but good lord so much stuff will disappear

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

we'll always have the safety net of

mr boop
book 2, 86-90
https://mrboop.net/

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

That's just a schnitzel! What the gently caress!!!

Different crumbing, different condiments, slightly different filling? Schnitzel meat isn't traditionally cured or smoked, is it?

Incidentally, I was poking around my imgur account and found that it's 8 years old - even though the oldest post on it is like a year, year and a half old.

Weird.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

well im glad everything went well for mr. boop and his extremely sexy wife betty boop :)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Carthag Tuek posted:

well im glad everything went well for mr. boop and his extremely sexy wife betty boop :)

I hoped that he'd die, so I'd have a shot with Betty Boop.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Is that Ssol?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: Return

quote:

“LEISURE KICKS

An external style, chiefly concerned with the sole use of the feet and legs to inflict powerful and rapid blows upon the opponent. The hands are reserved for killing blows only. The style is rare but its practitioners are extremely devoted.

The style is said to originate with the rogue Long Boxing master Kin Kiran. While abbess of her order she was accused of extravagance and over-indulgence by her subordinate monks. She took bribes for blessings and temple offerings and became well known for her love of gifts, wine, and luxury, plying her favors with the local magistrates to great effect. A rebellion within the temple took thirty lives and saw her exiled, beaten, bloody, and with her head shaved and fine silk abbess’s robes torn into shreds.

Kin Kiran swore from that day that she no longer deemed any martial artist worthy of her fists, and instead she would crush all who came before her under the bottom of her feet. Her arrogance was so extreme she established her own school after working as an itinerant mercenary for some time and soon drew a devoted following, resuming many of the corrupt and debased practices as former abbess. The mountain town about her school soon became a heaving den of sin and treachery, defended by rogues and bloodthirsty mercenaries, and ruled by the bloody and debauched abbess, flush with political power and coin, who was so skilled in martial arts that she could decapitate a man by kicking his head off faster than the eye could see.

The rogue school and Kin Kiran were ultimately destroyed by the mendicant knight Weishu Haoyang in 530 S.C. with use of his Invincible Heavy Crashing Wave technique. The abbess and all hundred and thirty of her acolytes were hurled off a mountain and dashed against the rocks, but her style survives to this day, despite efforts to stamp it out.”

– Manual of Hands and Feet

Alt: It's about to get rowdy

quote:

Hole
I can't help but feel like this segment was inspired by Hotline Miami. It probably wasn't, but it was the first place my head went

Alt: Training

quote:

”EMPTY PALMS

An internal, cold-atum style said to be as ancient as the gods themselves. It is said the god Ovis taught it to the first angels, who taught it to the first human, Metia. The style involves miraculous alignment of the body’s meridians to multiply the muscular power and striking force of bare handed strikes tenfold. Since the style relies heavily on the cultivation of internal force, its external strikes may seem unassuming to the untrained eye until they hit their target with the force of an ox cart.

It is said masters of this style can so precisely align the channels of power within their body that they can project the force of their blows at range, sometimes up to thirty or forty paces away. One old master of this style, who dwells in Fifteen Rivers, makes a great show to visitors of striking a heavy cast iron bell some 5 or 6 shins high with great blows from his fists, though he stands apart from the bell quite some distance.

A practitioner of this style must take tremendous pains to use it effectively. The style was originally developed for battling and destroying various titanic void monsters and unbound devils, and is rather difficult for humans to learn. A student must train rigorously, keep a strict diet, and maintain fine bodily control in order to effectively utilize its techniques. Therefore, it has always been an unpopular school, seen as somewhat old fashioned. None, however, deny the power of its techniques, which include YISUN’s Open Palm, widely regarded as an unbeatable move.”

– Manual of Hands and Feet

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Kit Walker posted:

YISUN’s Open Palm, widely regarded as an unbeatable move

Is this going to end up being some kind of turbo-foreshadowing?

e: also the name "Leisure Kicks" is the funniest drat thing

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Dicebox

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tree Bucket posted:

It really sounds like a Sanji move even moreso than the rest of the fighting style.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Tree Bucket posted:

If it is, it hasn't yet come up in the comic. Still got time for it, though!

Also, agreed on the names. If you're gonna have a comic that includes magical martial arts you might as well have some fun with it.
Oh yeah, it's also worth mentioning that all or almost all of the styles mentioned in these excerpts are used by characters within the comic, although some cases are more speculative. For example, there's speculation that Incubus knows Head of John given what appears to be three studs embedded in his head. We also saw an angel that happened to know Leisure Kicks not too long ago here

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Looks to me like she was in the right plaaaaaaaaaaaagh after all

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

That goon asking if Swan Boy had been posted in the thread actually got me to go and start reading it all over again and I had completely forgotten that Noel's anti-Pixar stance was in fact established all the way back in 2018 in his second ever appearance.

https://swanboy.com/comic/date05022018/

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Rona has an absolutely killer line in the latest Swan Boy

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

Again, that's not an empty palm, it's a closed fist!

...are ANY of the empty palm moves empty palms?!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Rule is: If you can explode devils with your bare hands you get to name the moves.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin: The Minds of Reggie Watts

My Tall Penguin posts are gonna survive the imgur purge (imgurge? impurge?) because i just hotlink from tumblr, but I'll have to find a different site tomorrow for Dolmistaska (I work today and already have the imgur links ready for the rest of the first album so i'll just use the imgur links for today's post)

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

At least it currently sounds like only images that have been uploaded when not logged in to an imgur account will go away. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the next step will be a monthly sweep of "Any uploaded image older than X years will be deleted unless you're subscribed to IMGUR PREMIUM for $12.99 a month".

Boy am I glad to have my own webspace I upload the comics I post to!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The stuff I have posted myself have been on imgur anonymously (because I never bothered to start an account there), so I probably need to at least download the... oh god the snapping turtle photo comics lmao. the rest i believe can be found online. the ones that are worth preserving perhaps are the more historical and hard to find stuff like the posh gay couple comic and buster wilde among others

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Yeah for context I never made an imgur account myself

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Edit: Yeah, I think I'll skip this series, was only a few chapters in and it immediately went downhill from the page I posted

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Apr 20, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

E: removed by request

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Apr 20, 2023

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

THE DRAW PLAY

sometimes a team will get unlucky and their quarterback will get injured. sometimes their number 2 quarterback will THEN get injured. the panic becomes what if THAT guy gets injured? fans may speculate the chain of command until it gets to an absolutely silly degree. i have seen teams use non quarterback players as quarterbacks before... like the broncos using Tim Tebow! *audience erupts with hoots and hollers*

there is a team called the indianapolis colts. they dominated for years with a quarterback named Peyton Manning. When Manning got traded to a different team everyone was kinda hoping they'd be bad for a few years to let other teams in the division have a chance. They drafted a young man named Andrew Luck that they hoped would be their future. His first pass ever (although in a preseason game so it doesnt REALLY count) was a short pass that the receiver then took like 70 yards for a touchdown. as tends to happen, analysts gave way too much credit to the quarterback because they like him rather than to the player who made an outstanding effort of evading and straight up outrunning the entire opposing team.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

There's Something To Notice on the second page of this batch but I'm not going to say anything more than that. I don't think anyone has caught it yet in the past almost-seven-years-at-this-point.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
everything ive uploaded has been anonymous, dammit. ill either make an account or figure out something else, but ive been using the apps or salrs auto imgur upload for a minute so this messes with my routine

Captain Invictus posted:

Edit: Yeah, I think I'll skip this series, was only a few chapters in and it immediately went downhill from the page I posted
just out of curiosity, what was it?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joseph Joseph Joseph dives into the well, luring the Columnist in with him! On the way down he reveals that it's high noon and there are no shadows to hide in! The Columnist is trapped in the sun's rays and turns to stone!

Read right to left:

Chapter 62 - What is Santa Claus's Birthday?

There are too many great panels to pick from this time, again, so instead here's a snippet of Archie's food chain:

Also, fun fact--in the actual food chain translation, Araki reversed the plants and animals bubbles, so plants eat animals, and animals eat dirt & photosynthesize:

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Apr 20, 2023

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

im dying

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sleepless Domain

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Touhou Peanuts

ZUN: Not actually a Touhou character, but the creator of Touhou himself. The founder and sole member of Team Shanghai Alice. Real name Jun'ya Ōta. Was formerly an employee at Taito. Calls himself the Hakurei Kannushi ("Divine master of ceremonies", responsible for the maintenance of a Shinto shrine). Very fond of beer. Based on Schroeder.

So Chamupei has made a bunch of extra Touhou Peanuts art. I'm not gonna post any more, but I'm making this one exception just because it lets me link my absolute favourite Touhou music track, Kanako's boss theme, The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field.

Alice Margatroid: Magician youkai and Marisa's neighbour. Lives in the same Forest of Magic, at least. Uses dolls. Very commonly shipped with Marisa, they teamed up in the eight game and spent a lot of it arguing like an old married couple, sometimes prioritizing snarking at each other over actually dealing with the enemies.

"Hisoutensoku" was a big object seen by various characters in the game of the same name, and was theorized to be many things, with Sanae thinking it was a giant robot like she'd seen in manga and anime, and a number of fanworks have run with this concept making it an actual giant robot. In actuality, it was a nuclear reactor-powered attraction created by the kappa to advertise their upcoming bazaar.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

L.A.I.D.A.D.

KC Green posted:

thanks for reading while this was happening. sorry if you are disappointed in me for stopping, but at least i ended it when I used to just leave them to rot. But maybe that doesnt help you. Learning from mistakes, past and present. That’s all LAIDAD was about. Anyway, I believe that will be all now. Thank you again.

Dec 15, 2012

Yep.

I'm really fond of LAIDAD. Even though it never went anywhere, and even though it turned into some KCG comicing-about-comicing at the end. It just feels like a good object to me. The fact that it ended on purpose helps -- even a really stupid ending. Lovably stupid.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 19:24 on Apr 20, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Previously on Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, Commander continues to be a good dad

This time we get into the whole millipede issue
06/07/2013 - Of course the millipede planet has an oxygen rich atmosphere, how else would the millipedes survive?

Some of my Australian friends told me tales of “millipede season” that made my blood curdle.

06/13/2013 - I think this page sumarizes a lot of what I like about Commander

I remember once I was doing a science fair project and part of it involved swabbing an earthworm to see what kind of bacteria were on it. I don’t do well with any kind of worm, especially as a kid, so I didn’t want to. My mom (who is even worse with worms than I am) said that she’d hold the worm for me if I agreed to do it, to be my moral support. That was enough to get me to swab the worm and finish the project and win first prize at the science fair.

Seemed like a relevant story.

Good parenting.

06/19/2013 - It’s not like I like you or anything

I’m kind of disappointed by the way Sandor’s handled in the Game of Thrones TV show, I don’t feel like they quite capture that conflict between accidentally being a good guy and trying to overcompensate for it by yelling about what a bad dude nihilist he really is that he had in the books.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joseph Joseph Joseph dives into the well, luring the Columnist in with him! On the way down he reveals that it's high noon and there are no shadows to hide in! The Columnist is trapped in the sun's rays and turns to stone!

Read right to left:

Chapter 62 - What is Santa Claus's Birthday?

Very fast (washing machine)

…to protect public health, like medicine, medicine, archeology, and medicine. But the real goal is to find the secret behind the rock.

MEDICINE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I feel bad about making more work for Jeffrey &al but regardless here's more
Ironheart Rune