Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

AstroBrianPeppers.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Elon Beefed with Billy to a ridiculous degree and I don't think Billy and MS are on board with Musks turbo racism and bigotry so not surprised MS is out of twitter tbh.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I loving detest this. If you’re working with space rockets, treat it loving seriously, not as a platform for meme-comedy.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Binary Logic posted:

Happy 420 elmo

Concerning.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Almost Smart posted:

AstroBrianPeppers.jpg

Lol

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Concerning

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

I loving detest this. If you’re working with space rockets, treat it loving seriously, not as a platform for meme-comedy.

the tweet doesn't even make sense, it got stuck rotating and couldn't seperate so they blew it up

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
hearing terrible news out of texas. the rocket failed to reach its destination (grimes' house)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

the tweet doesn't even make sense, it got stuck rotating and couldn't seperate so they blew it up

“If we treat it as a joke I’m sure people won’t notice how we’re wasting untold amounts of money by not giving enough time and resources to pre-launch QA!”

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Elon's spaceship blew up but don't worry Musk...it's 420!! LOLZ 696969696969

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Binary Logic posted:

Happy 420 elmo

Still a completely baseless price for a company that is now both not manufacturing to plan and not selling what they are able to manufacture.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol he's going to be so mad, checks are definitely going away today no matter what it takes

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

goatface posted:

Nice separation failure.

Separation failure is why he bought Twitter so its on brand.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Starship achieved what Musk never could: separation failure.

e: gently caress

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
The Elon defense brigade out in full force to help daddy cope

https://twitter.com/BillyM2k/status/1649047015781965826?s=20

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1649046864531165189?s=20

https://twitter.com/ProgFromSouth/status/1649047360788656128?s=20

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Starship's HAL-42069 is based on Tesla FSD, and finding no children on the launch platform to collide with suffered a crisis and self-immolated

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

No separation so he doesn't have to buy buy a social media company to read the rocket's DMs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Quickly coming up with technical euphemisms for "it done blew up" is probably a major part of the job.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Does this sad gently caress do nothing but refresh Elon related Twitter accounts to reply to

Yuppie Scum
Nov 28, 2003

Fortune and glory, kids. Fortune and glory.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

oh my god

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Starship's HAL-42069 is based on Tesla FSD, and finding no children on the launch platform to collide with suffered a crisis and self-immolated

"HAL, open the fart app!"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Oh, oh, I get it - these people think failure is success! That's why they think Musk is so brilliant!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

BigglesSWE posted:

“If we treat it as a joke I’m sure people won’t notice how we’re wasting untold amounts of money by not giving enough time and resources to pre-launch QA!”

"Relax, it's not like this is a system we're designing to transport people or anything. I mean, could you imagine? We'd come off as crazy sociopaths for laughing this failure off. Good thing its just money."

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Apollo 1 was a fiery success! We learnt so much from it, for instance: fire is loving scary.

420leetcakeisalie

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Samovar posted:

Oh, oh, I get it - these people think failure is success! That's why they think Musk is so brilliant!
lol
did you not follow the run up to the test for the past several months?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Rapid unplanned disassembly is a joke/term of art that's been around since the 70s and probably much longer. It's so common in air and space flight, it'd be weird if they didn't say it tbh. https://space.stackexchange.com/questions/10022/who-coined-the-phrase-rapid-unscheduled-disassembly#10219

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I love that they have a camera shoved in his face as he tries desperately to hold back his impotent manlet rage

https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/1649050030521864195?s=20

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ratjaculation posted:

Does this sad gently caress do nothing but refresh Elon related Twitter accounts to reply to

He narcs on others to Elon too!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

Ehhhh, RUD has been a term used by rocket engineers for fifty years or so. (Elon claims he invented it, of course)

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

BigglesSWE posted:

these things are cheap as gently caress to build. they're mass producing them. the next one to fly is already complete.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

On one hand rockets finding new and interesting and fun ways to fail and then exploding is part and parcel of rocket development and it's absolutely normal and not noteworthy for early units to go boom. (My favourite launch fail is Mercury Redstone 1, although that didn't explode)

On the other hand, it is Elon, so I'm 100% down for mocking the poo poo out of him and laughing at his dumb dejected face.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 20, 2023

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/Henkepotamus/status/1649047993130303489

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Elon would post a bad luck Brian meme if he had a Challenger level event happen on his hands

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I will always mock Elon lol

And yeah, google says these Starship rockets are about $10m to launch? That's pretty "cheap"

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
These things are blowing up way way more often than when NASA was doing this poo poo right? And NASA was doing this poo poo in, like, 1970.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 20, 2023

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Eeyo posted:

Did you see the reveal last year?

https://i.imgur.com/HPZYGSD.mp4

Is that a dude in a body suit? I've only seen this clip, but it looks like the damned thing is mounted to a pole, so it's not like it needs to be a person; the hard part is getting the robot to balance, and being mounted on a pole negates that entirely. Hook up a few motors to move the limbs around, program in a little routine, and it's not exactly difficult to get it to move. It would take some time, but a few competent engineers could put that together surprisingly quickly.

My point is that it's not impressive even if you take it at face value - animatronics have been around since apparently 1939, and this is a particularly low quality version of one.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But it's Elon Musk so he invented it. By definition

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

These things are blowing up way way more often when NASA was doing this poo poo right? And NASA was doing this poo poo in, like, 1970.

NASA had a lot more ICBM data to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

goatface posted:

NASA had a lot more ICBM data to work with.

Sounds like red tape to me. What a rocket really needs to be a good design is marketing!